Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanji

    21 30.43%
  • Zoro

    3 4.35%
  • Luffy

    6 8.70%
  • Law

    5 7.25%
  • Smoker

    31 44.93%
  • Donflamingo

    2 2.90%
  • Admiral or VA

    0 0%
  • Other-Please Specify

    1 1.45%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64

Thread: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

  1. #31
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    This fight will be were we see what Smoker is capable of. He has to redeem himself from his defeat against Law
    This
    We've never seen Smoker get a decent fight, and this is a good occasion to show what he has, and to prove that he got the strenght to be what Garp was to Roger

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Chile
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    815
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    This
    We've never seen Smoker get a decent fight, and this is a good occasion to show what he has, and to prove that he got the strenght to be what Garp was to Roger
    I think Coby is the most suited to confront Luffy, he's being trained by Garp after all.

    Smoker to me is one of the worst characters in One Piece. He's following a kid abroad the world just because he break his record in Loguetown. It's a childish one who despite has badass moments, he never reach what he wants, it's like a woman to Sanji, simply pitiful.

    If Vergo loses with him, i'm really will be dissapointed.

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    It wasn't because his record was broken. Smoker has become determined to capture Luffy due to what happened in Loguetown when Buggy almost killed him. He was surprised that Luffy was willing to accept death and was laughing in a similar matter to Roger the day he was executed.

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    669
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Smoker will at least fight Vergo, since characters in One Piece always get their grudge matches He will probably beat Vergo, since it's important that Smoker be useful somehow, and not be just a jerk who chases Luffy all the time.

    The Strawhats will have plenty of people to fight, I think they're going to sail over to Doflamingo's island and beat up his whole crew.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    This
    We've never seen Smoker get a decent fight, and this is a good occasion to show what he has, and to prove that he got the strenght to be what Garp was to Roger
    To be fair, he defeated Luffy in all their encounters, who could do nothing but run from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  7. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Here the two episodes where sum of events happen that pushed Smoker to set sail and to pursue Luffy through the Grand line: Episode 52 and Episode 53 Man this takes me back.IMO one of the most cool funniest moments in One piece
    Anyway i think Smoker will(should) be the one who will defeat Vergo even though i doubt he would be able to do it alone.He will probably get help from Traffy.
    But the battom line is,Smoker mission remain the same regardless of the outcome betwen him and Vergo and that mision is to capture Luffy and to be the witness of his death just like he witnessed Gold D. Roger's death.And in order for him to accomplish that Smoker,yes he needs to be strong but not necessarly among the strongest.If we compare him to Garp,i dont recall any statement about him being equal to Gold D. Roger.Edward Newgate was.Besides in the end Roger turned himself in and i suppose Luffy will do the same.And if Luffy does,i bet you it will be to Smoker that he will do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    I think Coby is the most suited to confront Luffy, he's being trained by Garp after all.

    Smoker to me is one of the worst characters in One Piece. He's following a kid abroad the world just because he break his record in Loguetown. It's a childish one who despite has badass moments, he never reach what he wants, it's like a woman to Sanji, simply pitiful.

    If Vergo loses with him, i'm really will be dissapointed.
    Ho come on!Don't be so harsh on Smoky .By pursuing Luffy Smoker is simply trying to understand something that he saw when he was a kid which is the smile of the Pirate King while he was getting executed.And it is simply something that he could not understand.How come someone who is about lose his head can have a smile on his face.A similarity that he also found in Luffy right before to get executed by buggy.He set sail to chase after Luffy so he could solve the mistery of the Dying smile . I don't think that's a bad dream at all.

    But i do agree with you that Coby is the most suited to fight against Luffy since IMO he has a dream that is equivalent to Straw hat.I think also think that he would the one who will surprise us the most.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

  8. #37
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    I think it's going to be Smoker for a simple reason : Vergo has to be killed. This was stated by Smoker and Tashigi. That's why Tashigi has been saying that bad Vergo is an impostor to her marines. They never planned the truth to be revealed, but to bury him with Punk Hazard's events.

    So there has to be a death fight between Smoker and Vergo. I don't see Smoker killing Vergo after Luffy beat him - that would ruin Smoker's honor - as I don't see Luffy letting Smoker kill the opponent he's just beaten. For Smoker to kill Vergo, it has to be a real fight.

    Anyway, I hope Luffy and Vergo have an interaction - short fight - like Sanji and Vergo did.

  9. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    To be fair, he defeated Luffy in all their encounters, who could do nothing but run from him.
    without haki, kairoseki and more importantly no knowledge of what the hell logia was in loguetown before we saw them fight on their current form we cant say what is what. but knowing smoker he would put up a good fight.dont think he can win though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rody naruto View Post
    Here the two episodes where sum of events happen that pushed Smoker to set sail and to pursue Luffy through the Grand line: [URL="http://www.animecrazy.net/one-piece-episode-52/"]If we compare him to Garp,i dont recall any statement about him being equal to Gold D. Roger.Edward Newgate was.Besides in the end Roger turned himself in and i suppose Luffy will do the same.And if Luffy does,i bet you it will be to Smoker that he will do.

    But i do agree with you that Coby is the most suited to fight against Luffy since IMO he has a dream that is equivalent to Straw hat.I think also think that he would the one who will surprise us the most.
    well we can say garp and roger was somewhat equals.if without that much strength at the very least do you really think he would have managed to pursue him? besides WB himself acknoweldged garp and sengoku.roger turned himself in cause he was gonna die anyway. he was sick. if the same thing happened to luffy (which we can say it will since oda keeps slashing his life)luffy wont do the same.luffy sickness will be when chopper achieves his dream.

    smoker's involvement with luffy is as u say it is.he cant understantd how some1 can accept death that easily.

    about coby, i actually think he might even become a V.A. right about know(has haki and all though it is just kenboushaki). he is the first friend luffy ever made, so if anything they will fight a lot. but in the end he will end up helping luffy in the end is what i feel.

    oooh, i forgeot about vergo, smoker will fight him. law cant help him since his heart is with vergo.(CC gave it back i think) sanji broke his leg though movement doesnt seem much problem, he might not give the fight 100%.so somehow smoker had to do something about him. can he win? probably not.
    Last edited by cearon; September 30, 2012 at 05:43 AM.

  10. #39
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    To be fair, he defeated Luffy in all their encounters, who could do nothing but run from him.
    He couldn't touch him... Ofc he overwhelmed Luffy because he's a Logia, remember, Luffy fought against 2 logia users : Crocodile, Enel (I don't count Aokiji and such here)

    He was lucky against Crocodile because he discovered his natural weakness : water
    And he was the perfect opponent against Enel because he's rubber

    While against Smoker, what is his weakness besides Kairoseki and Haki ? None as far as we're concerned, so ofc Luffy would lose, because he couldn't even hit him to begin with

  11. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    I think it's going to be Smoker for a simple reason : Vergo has to be killed. This was stated by Smoker and Tashigi. That's why Tashigi has been saying that bad Vergo is an impostor to her marines. They never planned the truth to be revealed, but to bury him with Punk Hazard's events.
    Well, if it's for the killing option, then Smoker is none. Of all the ones named in the list being capable of killing a character are Doflamingo, and single Admirals or Vice Admirals (I'm counting in Akainu). But not Smoker, as he has both the complete wrong weapon and DF ability to kill.

  12. #41
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    I believe it should be Luffy to get him down as he should show how strong he has gotten, otherwise how can he take down Doflamingo if he can't take down Vergo. Also I believe From the current ones among Luffy's crew, Law and Smoker the only ones to have a chance against Vergo are Luffy, Law and Smoker. The problem for Smoker is that he was even beaten by Law, while Vergo has Law's heart as well, so I believe it should be Luffy who takes Vergo down.

    P.S. We don't know everything about Vergo. I believe the guy still has more to show as he was obviously not serious against Sanji and also I believe he might not be that bad and might get back to Marines after his and Doflamingo's defeat. I believe Doflamingo might have someone who Vergo cherishes under his custody...

  13. #42
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well, if it's for the killing option, then Smoker is none. Of all the ones named in the list being capable of killing a character are Doflamingo, and single Admirals or Vice Admirals (I'm counting in Akainu). But not Smoker, as he has both the complete wrong weapon and DF ability to kill.
    So one can't be killed if their heart is stabbed using his weapon nor killed with his smoke logia ability? Honestly? If smoke was so harmless, so many people wouldn't die in house-fires...

  14. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    So one can't be killed if their heart is stabbed using his weapon nor killed with his smoke logia ability? Honestly? If smoke was so harmless, so many people wouldn't die in house-fires...
    We're talking about manga and One Piece. Smoker hasn't killed anyone yet. Him now making him start killing off other characters is ooc. Simple.

  15. #44
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    We're talking about manga and One Piece. Smoker hasn't killed anyone yet. Him now making him start killing off other characters is ooc. Simple.
    Just because it's a manga doesn't mean we can throw all logic out of the window. He has the ability to kill, there is no use arguing against that. Whether it's out of character or not is another discussion entirely. Just because he hasn't killed anyone yet doesn't mean that it's not within his character to do so, he wants to capture Luffy (someone who hasn't exactly committed any crimes, quite the opposite) so that he can be executed just because he is a pirate, I don't see why it's such a massive leap to go from that to actually killing a pirate who made a mockery of Smoker and the marines and went around slaughtering Smoker's subordinates.

  16. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Just because it's a manga doesn't mean we can throw all logic out of the window. He has the ability to kill, there is no use arguing against that. Whether it's out of character or not is another discussion entirely. Just because he hasn't killed anyone yet doesn't mean that it's not within his character to do so, he wants to capture Luffy (someone who hasn't exactly committed any crimes, quite the opposite) so that he can be executed just because he is a pirate, I don't see why it's such a massive leap to go from that to actually killing a pirate who made a mockery of Smoker and the marines and went around slaughtering Smoker's subordinates.
    logically speaking you r right. but one piece way, says death should only occur in the past. (marineford was somewhat exception as to give Luffy's back story) so i believe that every human is capable is killing (smoker is also human) but since this manga doesnt seem to show death unless heroic it will not happen. (WB, ace)
    humiliated maybe but death is so low a chance.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts