Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanji

21 30.43%
  • Zoro

3 4.35%
  • Luffy

6 8.70%
  • Law

5 7.25%
  • Smoker

31 44.93%
  • Donflamingo

2 2.90%
  • Admiral or VA

0 0%
  • Other-Please Specify

1 1.45%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's Going to Take Down Vergo?

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    logically speaking you r right. but one piece way, says death should only occur in the past. (marineford was somewhat exception as to give Luffy's back story) so i believe that every human is capable is killing (smoker is also human) but since this manga doesnt seem to show death unless heroic it will not happen. (WB, ace)
    humiliated maybe but death is so low a chance.
    The One Piece way is not that death should only occur in the past, it's that death should only occur if it adds something to the plot. By killing off Vergo, the fact that he was a pirate can be covered up, which is what Tashigi is pretty much doing now. I don't see how G-5 can continue to operate if it gets out that the person in charge of the base has been an enemy of the marines since the start, and if it gets closed down then what happens to Smoker? I wouldn't say the chances of it happening are that low. I personally think that Vergo will escape to fight in the upcoming Don Flamingo arc but Vergo getting killed by smoker isn't entirely unlikely either and the arguments against it so far aren't that great.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    The One Piece way is not that death should only occur in the past, it's that death should only occur if it adds something to the plot. By killing off Vergo, the fact that he was a pirate can be covered up, which is what Tashigi is pretty much doing now. I don't see how G-5 can continue to operate if it gets out that the person in charge of the base has been an enemy of the marines since the start, and if it gets closed down then what happens to Smoker? I wouldn't say the chances of it happening are that low. I personally think that Vergo will escape to fight in the upcoming Don Flamingo arc but Vergo getting killed by smoker isn't entirely unlikely either and the arguments against it so far aren't that great.
    i think u misunderstand tashigi. do you think she has the heart to tell them what those grunts felt to be true? no she doesnt. she knows that vergo should be eliminated and knows that the only 1 she thinks (actually wants) to do that is smoker.(because she cant forget alabasta).
    about smoker's statement about "he cant do it legally" is not that he cant expose him the way they r. the man kidnapped children adn worked for DD for god knows how long he probably changed everything by now. besides u said yourself smoker doesnt want to kill luffy he wnats to catch him for being a pirate but when the occasion calls for it he wont try.(again like alabasta) he has been the only marine that luffy encountered besides garp that can be said upstanding. even aokiji isnt above dirty play.

so about why vergo wont be killed. u said he will be integral for fighting DD. certainly a possibility but i am not so sure we will go to dress rosa (thou only time will tell) or if he will come personally. in this manga almost every villian could be killed but didnt. it has nothing to do with plot it has to do with good guys not doing bad things.we usually forget that this work is aimed at young boys rather than adults.(althou most of the fandom started when they were shounen themselves me included) can u actually explain them why golden-hearted luffy killed x ? or smoker the guy luffy said doesnt hate did the same cause the man deceived him? no. will he be beaten? probably whether by smoker or some1 else or in PH or somewhere else is up to oda, but will he die no. because it will ruin the "good guy" image of the good guys. u might see this as weak and it certainly is but i am afraid that will happen no matter how much we want those boss chars. to die. (oda didnt even hesitate to give bad guys good endings just to give them good endings time and again.)my only hope is BB and akainu will be killed though i am not holding my breath.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Just because it's a manga doesn't mean we can throw all logic out of the window.
    But you actually do that: Because One Piece is a manga with consistency, Oda won't start to show Smoker killing off characters just because you want him to do. Just everything so far in 684 chapters points towards that Smoker won't kill Vergo. It's illogical to assume Smoker turned his character upside down when he apparently even didn't reveal Hancock's treachery in Marineford.

Vergo might be killed after all - but not by Smoker. Doflamingo or the ones shown in Dressrosa are candidates for that.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

right now,I don't see neither smoker nor law nor sanji able to beat him...but I hope he won't fight even zoro,although his rankyaku must be seen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    No one.. it would be very disappointing if anyone took him down in this Arc.
    I agree. I'd actually like to see more development of Vergo, since he's directly linked to DoFlamingo. But, Vergo isn't going to let Smoker or Law reveal his the relationship he has with DoFlamingo. Otherwise, Vergo will be dealt with first before Law or Smoker.

I get the feeling too, that Oda will either have Vergo fall or Smoker. Law is way too cool, to kill off right now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Markus View Post
    I agree. I'd actually like to see more development of Vergo, since he's directly linked to DoFlamingo. But, Vergo isn't going to let Smoker or Law reveal his the relationship he has with DoFlamingo. Otherwise, Vergo will be dealt with first before Law or Smoker.

I get the feeling too, that Oda will either have Vergo fall or Smoker. Law is way too cool, to kill off right now.
    And Smoker isn't?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in the end taking out vergo will be more of the result of the collective damage he has taken up to now. He fought sanji and took a diable jambe, he fought law who landed a moderately powerful hit, and now he is up against smoker. Sanji might not have been at full power but he is still powerful enough to do some damage. In all likelihood individually they would have lost against vergo however the damage he has taken throughout the 3 fights he has been in will prove to be an issue, specially against a 100% smoker.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh, I don't know if that theory works. That have been alot of fighters in One Piece who take alot of damage and still have power to spare.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker will defeat him, but Vergo won't be going to Impel Down or anything like that. Doflamingo is sending members of his crew to Punk Hazard, they'll probably bring him back to base with them, as his time disguised as a marine is now over. Whether Doflamingo kills him or not, due to his failure to finish off Law and whatnot is anybody's guess. I wouldn't put it past him if he did.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

How many episodes will Smoker endure? Almost 5 i bet! with all the children things in the middle of the chaps.

Oda showing 2 plot flows in a row, what a master.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

If he makes it out of this arc to join DD it is sanji who is taking him out

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't like this character, Vergo. anyone can kill him or not kill him. but if i have to guess, then may be Smoker will defeat him. or teaming with Law, they both will.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it's funny to see that the people who said sanji will beat him in this arc just miraculously disappeared. They came up with so many "arguments", saying that sanji after 2years should beat any VA, yet they got told by sanji "if I had continued that fight, I would have...".
    Vergo was going to kill sanji, he already broke his leg. Do you know what that means? breaking the LEG of SANJI? He then finished off law, although he had an advantage, I still think law wouldn't have any chance. And now there is the fight with smoker.
    What I noticed in all these fights, vergo is way too laid back. He gives the enemy way too many opportunities, yet surprisingly, when he got a kick to the face by sanji, an electric shock by law and a coa punch by smoker, he stills stand up as if nothing happened.
    Last edited by Lolack; October 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lolack View Post
    This guy, how many opportunities does he give the enemy? he's too laid back
    Seems like a Terminator to me

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Seems like a Terminator to me
    He has the laidback style similar to Aokiji but I agree with Zehahaha; he does remind me somewhat like a Terminator.

The shades and the slow pace when talking and moving around the place but when in action lights up like crazy! As for who'll take Vergo down; I would prefer it to be a Vergo x Smoker confrontation but considering how Sanji was left I feel like it's not the last of him against Vergo. Then again, that leg is injured so who knows.. <_<

I guess I'm going to stick with Smoker in this poll. =)

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast