Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 4.7 / 7)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

    1 3.13%
  • 6 (Epic)

    3 9.38%
  • 5 (Good)

    16 50.00%
  • 4 (Average)

    9 28.13%
  • 3 (Bad)

    3 9.38%
  • 2 (Horrible)

    0 0%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 325

Thread: Claymore 131 Discussions

  1. #226
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    That is the only thing i really disagree with (i still dont think clare is as strong as you say and the fact that she is made up of other peoples power not her own makes her shit) I refuse to believe that clare would win agents Hysteria or Roxanne....Hell even cassandra could take out clare(even if she uses the dust eater once...clare would lose both her arms....good luck doing QS then....and i Doubt she could beat Alicia (who was a warrior and awakening was her technique).
    I would say that the quicksword + PSY could handle the dust eater. Clare would be able to sense every movement Cassandra made and be able to counter it with her QS. Casandra could get anywhere near Clare if she used her QS. And Roxanne wasn't anything special either. She was quickly defeated by Awakened Cassandra in both her human and Awakened form. Not to mention that the only reason Roxanne even had the #1 spot was due to a cheap shot to Cassandra. She defeated the twins, but Miria would have as well if she was trying to kill them.

    Quote Quote:
    But i do think that Clare will eventually find her own true power..(I.E. not PSY,not QS not windcutter but her own ability and power....my main hate for clare comes from the fact that she was weak and would have been dead if it was not for Irene) but clare told Irene she would return the arm so i think she will remove the arm once she awakens(no pun intended) her true power....only time can tell
    PSY is her own power. She created it from her desire to be like Teresa. She practiced it and eventually perfected it. Clare also learned the Windcutter on her own too. It was a weaker (yet more accurate) alternative to the QS that Clare learned in the 7 years she spent in the North. It is not like this technique was given to her, she had to work for it. Deneve said (somewhere?) that Clare trained the hardest out of the other Ghosts. And Clare was not weak, she has that indomitable determination that gives her incredible stamina and resilience. Clare would not have been able to defeat the six armed Male AB (using her PSY) if she was weak. Miria even had trouble with it and would have been killed by it if Clare hadn't saved her ass. Plus Clare did more damage to the AB using PSY than Miria did using her phantom. And I really doubt that Clare is going to cut off her arm and throw it away after she kills priscilla. That would be pretty stupid and illogical.


    Quote Quote:
    the fact that she is becoming a monster more and more
    Why do you think that Clare is a monster?
    Last edited by Claymore1; October 14, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #227
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    Why do you think that Clare is a monster?
    Hahahaha! I think you are misunderstanding, i'm just using that expression to say that she is becoming incredibly strong.It has a positive meaning in that context, i wasn't saying that she is litterally becoming a monster (even if she could if something happens to Raki or her friends)
    Similar to when Claire said to Irene that she was a monster to be able to use the QS,lol.

    Quote Quote:
    And I really doubt that Clare is going to cut off her arm and throw it away after she kills priscilla. That would be pretty stupid and illogical.

    Agree. Unfortunately Irene is probably dead so it would make no sense to throw away Irene's arm and even in the very slim chance that she isn't dead i doubt that she would really want her arm back (and it's possible that she was able to create somehow another arm like she said).

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #228
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Teresa's law:
    As a Claymore discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Teresa and Priscilla approaches 1.


    One thing is certain though - she is one of the most important characters in the story if she can still trigger discussions about her even though we haven't seen her since volume 5 (not including ES1).


    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    I thought Ryus broke his hand.
    Shieky just moved.

    You are right about some of the others though.

    I'm pretty much done posting for now lol. Law school has virtually killed most of my free time.
    That's a shame since you still haven't replied to my post. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...79#post3921079

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    I'd have to agree with Malak; sounds to me like Clare is making a distinction between using her own youki to sense movements, ie a sight enhancement, versus reading the opponent's youki. Subtle, but quite significant difference, since one relies on reading youki to work effectively, while the other can be used against any opponent whether or not any youki is used or detectable.
    I've said as much at the end of my post. I was merely pointing out that the way Clare said it, was significant because she was emphasizing the fact she could detect movement that was outside of her FOV even though she could do it using PYS as long as her opponent emitted youki and wasn't using random attacks (like Priscilla or Ophelia). This alone is proof that PYS was a very overestimated technique and Rafaela's underestimated. Not only in Databooks was there no mention of this (which would suggest that Yagi didn't even plan on Rafaela having this technique or didn't want to reveal it then) but somehow Rafaela was never considered as someone equal to Teresa or Alicia (by MiB) even though just as Teresa she has never released her youki for all we know and yet she could defeat any opponent (if she was considered as someone capable of dealing with Irene, anyone weaker than Duff would be an easy pray for her). All the hype regarding PYS turned out to be nothing but that - a hype.

    BTW, I've mentioned it earlier but I'll repeat it: Rafaela's technique is a rip-off of this Hunter x Hunter technique.

    @Brother Coa
    Spoiler: regarding little activity on Claymore forum show



    On a different topic, what do you guys think about Miata? Because it looked to me that one of her normal attacks was almost as powerful as Helen's strongest one. In one cut she had reaved/reft this AB of a huge chunk of meat. Which BTW shows how useless the rest of Claymores were. Deneve couldn't do the same (otherwise this AB would have lost half of it's body) and basically everyone were just gaping at it and only Clarice and Miata were doing some work while everyone else were waiting on Helen to do her thing. I would argue that if they all would work together and coordinate their movements they could do the same thing they did to Agatha. They've had 6 warriors + Galatea + Tabitha was wasting her time on another AB. And while I'm mentioning her, seriously, what was she doing there when Clare is as skilled as her in sensing youki (and it wasn't even necessary for an opponent of that level)? Stupid Miria-fag.

    Anyway, IMO these fights were ridiculous on many levels. We've seen Helen and Deneve fighting tougher opponents, the rest of the ghosts were also seasoned in combat and Miata is in a league of her own and yet they've had to wait for Helen to finish preparations for her fatality move? WTF? The only reason for this fight was to show Helen's power and Clare's new technique (so that we wouldn't whine about it later and say "this came out of nowhere") and that was it. But IMO the execution was rather poor on Yagi's part. He could have either powered these ABs up (this struggle was even more ridiculous taking into account that Prissy had squeezed the juices out of them) or sent more of them into Rabona so that each person could show off and demonstrate to us that defeating Hysteria was no miracle.

    The way things stand now I don't see how they can even think about defeating Cassandra, let alone Priscilla. If they've struggled against these opponents they will only be a drag on Clare. I'm afraid though that future opponents will scale to their level (or vice versa) and suddenly they will do at least as good as they did against this AB. Personally, that would really annoy me. Seeing what I've seen I would prefer even a worse kind of carnage than what we've seen in Pieta when Rigaldo marched in. That would be consistent with current power levels. But with Yagi's new policy "do not kill, do not (permanently) wound" that is highly unlikely. And it makes me sad. As much as I like some of the characters (e.g. Cynthia, Yuma and even Helen) I think it would be best for the story if Yagi would take their plot-armours away and do what he should have done a long time ago. Claymore was at it's best when it was darker and closer to seinen than shounen demographic. But now it has become a better version of Bleach which isn't exactly a praise.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #229
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I was merely pointing out that the way Clare said it, was significant because she was emphasizing the fact she could detect movement that was outside of her FOV even though she could do it using PYS as long as her opponent emitted youki and wasn't using random attacks (like Priscilla or Ophelia). This alone is proof that PYS was a very overestimated technique and Rafaela's underestimated. Not only in Databooks was there no mention of this (which would suggest that Yagi didn't even plan on Rafaela having this technique or didn't want to reveal it then) but somehow Rafaela was never considered as someone equal to Teresa or Alicia (by MiB) even though just as Teresa she has never released her youki for all we know and yet she could defeat any opponent (if she was considered as someone capable of dealing with Irene, anyone weaker than Duff would be an easy pray for her). All the hype regarding PYS turned out to be nothing but that - a hype.
    Nah, PYS was a great tool--in Teresa's hands. Clare simply doesn't have the spatial awareness, tactical acumen or the yoki-sensing ability that Teresa did.

    The crazy thing about Teresa wasn't that she was that much physically superior to everyone else, although she was, but that she could control the flow of the battle against multiple opponents without ever needing to surpass her opponents physically.

    Clare used PYS to keep up with opponents, Teresa used it to dominate opponents.

    It's the difference between Hysteria's technique and Miria's. Both are good but one is that much better.

    As for Rafaela's strength, I think the organization never really understood the full extent of it. She was a #1b who trained for years simply to kill her AO sister. Given how surprised they were that Miria improved so much it wouldn't be outrageous to think they thought she was never improved after the day her sister awakened. Plus, they thought she didn't use yoki at all. (Actually, frankly speaking, I think Yagi invented the technique on the spot.)

    If Clare tried to create YF from the concept rather than having the technique gift-wrapped to her it might even be inferior to her PYS.
    Quote Quote:
    On a different topic, what do you guys think about Miata? Because it looked to me that one of her normal attacks was almost as powerful as Helen's strongest one. In one cut she had reaved/reft this AB of a huge chunk of meat. Which BTW shows how useless the rest of Claymores were. Deneve couldn't do the same (otherwise this AB would have lost half of it's body) and basically everyone were just gaping at it and only Clarice and Miata were doing some work while everyone else were waiting on Helen to do her thing.
    Miata is a physical beast but we already knew that from her fight vs Agatha. And not that the databooks are canon but on one of the graphs Sophia's 'normal' yoki-enhanced swing was slightly inferior to Jean's drill sword, so it's not unprecedented. The drill sword is just a shitty technique that weak Claymores use to make up for their deficiencies. Everything from the awful prep time to the obvious telegraph makes it useless.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #230
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    @Snoozles
    About PYS, you are overestimating it. I suggest that you read this thread. We should also move with the discussion about it there. I was planning on replying to Malak and others but there was always something in the way, maybe I'll do it in this week. Anyway, the short version is: Teresa would not be able to defeat multiple opponents attacking her at once if she wasn't greatly superior in speed and strength or PYS was the ability to freeze time.

    About Rafaela, I've said as much in my post.

    As for Miata, yeah, we knew she was a beast but we've never seen her doing this amount of damage to anyone. During Agatha encounter she wasn't focused on her at all and once she turned her eyes on her she had already had her hands cut. So this was the first time we've seen how powerful her attacks really are and how destructive her single attack is.

    About Jean, I strongly disagree. I suggest that you read my post regarding this matter. Also, I don't know where did you get the idea that in the databooks it's said Sophia's normal attack is only slightly inferior power-wise. Look at this graph more closely.
    Spoiler: graph show


    Sophia isn't even in here. Undine is the only one close to her (except Teresa obviously) but that doesn't tell us much. For all we know it could be a logartithmic scale where even a small gap at the end would be much more significant than a large gap at the beginning. Saying that it's a shitty technique for weak Claymores is just silly considering that Galatea couldn't do a thing to Duff even after being close to her limit (according to Databooks when she fought him she was at about 50% youki release) and even though her factor by which her power increased was the biggest of all Claymores in Clare's generation (in other words she was also a monster). There was a good reason why she thought Jean's DS would be essential in defeating Goku (Duff).

    Also, it may be useless to use in a 1 vs. 1 battle but with a support of others it is often a key to victory. But to be honest I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss it since Jean could most likely twist it many times less (so it would be quick) while still having greater power than even Sophia's attack (between them there was only 1 class difference in strength).

  10. #231
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    It's logically impossible for any "normal" warrior (i consider Teresa and Prissy exceptions since their strenght is abnormal) like Cassandra to defeat Claire now.
    How the hell can she do it?
    Thanx to her sensing special abilities Claire can anticipate every move that Cassy will do and thanx to the QS there is absolutely nothing that Cassy can do to avoid being destroyed in an instant.
    Cassy's main advantage against her enemies is her unusual way to attack, but since Claire can sense what she'll do, Cassy can't escape Claire's attacks.....not to mention that it's a fact that QS can cut the ground very easily.
    Cassy may be fast, but her speed is a joke compared to the QS.
    The ONLY ones that have a chance to fight against Claire now are warriors that can face her new QS head on (and not only that,thanx to PSY and YF they have to be strong enough to face an "anticipated" attack from QS!!!), and considering how crazy powerful and fast QS is becoming, (between normal warriors) only monsters like Teresa or Prissy can even think to contrast an attack like that heads on, no one else is that strong.

    Before, Claire's perception had weak points so enemies could exploit those "openings", but now that she is assimilating Raph's fighting style her sensing ability is perfect and combined with the QS she is basically untouchable.

    You may not like the fact that she is taking powers from others and making them her own, but this doesn't change the fact that she is becoming a monster more and more.......and also it's not true that all she has is something "stolen", her most important characteristic, her insane drive, is something that is 100% her own and infact she possessed it even before becoming a warrior when she was just a kid, it's a shame that you don't give her credit for it.

    Also everything that she gained from others, it's not that she gained it for nothing. If she was a normal warrior, Irene (for example) would have never given Claire her arm, she gave it BECAUSE Claire showed to possess the qualities to go on fighting that Irene lacked.


    About you denying that Teresa would have trouble fighting against awakened Prissy, all i can say is that if you deny something so evident than there is nothing that i can do.
    Still doesn't change that what you try to deny is incredibly ridiculous, it's just saying that nothing can be said about a fight between me and Tyson since we have never fought one against the other,lol.
    Yeah right, proofs or not he'll destroy me for sure, no doubt about that.
    Not everything in this world needs "proofs", some things are plain obvious.
    Teresa defeating awakened Prissy without having trouble is just not possible,seriously.If the difference in power between those two was indeed that huge, than there is no way that Teresa could have considered Prissy a potential problem as a normal warrior even if she trained for 100 years,lol.
    I will say it again PROVE it , back it up , give me some chapter numbers in which it states or shows

    ---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    I would say that the quicksword + PSY could handle the dust eater. Clare would be able to sense every movement Cassandra made and be able to counter it with her QS. Casandra could get anywhere near Clare if she used her QS. And Roxanne wasn't anything special either. She was quickly defeated by Awakened Cassandra in both her human and Awakened form. Not to mention that the only reason Roxanne even had the #1 spot was due to a cheap shot to Cassandra. She defeated the twins, but Miria would have as well if she was trying to kill them.


    PSY is her own power. She created it from her desire to be like Teresa. She practiced it and eventually perfected it. Clare also learned the Windcutter on her own too. It was a weaker (yet more accurate) alternative to the QS that Clare learned in the 7 years she spent in the North. It is not like this technique was given to her, she had to work for it. Deneve said (somewhere?) that Clare trained the hardest out of the other Ghosts. And Clare was not weak, she has that indomitable determination that gives her incredible stamina and resilience. Clare would not have been able to defeat the six armed Male AB (using her PSY) if she was weak. Miria even had trouble with it and would have been killed by it if Clare hadn't saved her ass. Plus Clare did more damage to the AB using PSY than Miria did using her phantom. And I really doubt that Clare is going to cut off her arm and throw it away after she kills priscilla. That would be pretty stupid and illogical.



    Why do you think that Clare is a monster?
    First off u misunderstand....Cassandra is the weakest of the 8... they named 7 warriors then said "and then there is Dust eater Cassandra"......Btw i agree with you that Clare could take Cassandra..as the QS would cut her to little pieces

    But I wont let you get off saying Roxanne was "nothing special" What of her ability to copy techs(dont see anyone doing that unless you count clares cheep rip off were she needs the limb) what about her ability to completely hide her Yoki from a target....what about the fact that when she was a warrior she climbed from 35 to being regarded as one of the strongest warriors......And the fact she lost to an Awakened Cassandra when she was a warrior is nothing Cassandra was a AO and Roxanne foolishly attacked her blindly....let me guess you think Hysteria was "nothing" as well......Roxannes Yoki hiding would protect her from clares PSY.......Roxanne has several techs that we have not seen...we dont know what the "beautiful sword" dose

    She fought countless AB....she was able to kill Cassandra.....and what you call a "cheep blow" i call being smart and planning ahead....Would you consider what the N10 did to Miria was a cheep shot....because had miria brought friends then everything would have been different
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  11. #232
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    The girl on the far right is Sophia. She even uses the same skill as Undine (according to MiB). Anyway, you don't even have to be able to read Japanese (or Chinese as it were for the scans I have) to see this. Look at the two labels for Undine's and Sophia's skill.

    Look further down the page on the bottom left you'll see that it matches with the text in that box and you'll see no.4 and no.11 down there.

    Sophia and Noel are really underrated. Both were beasts in their respective domains.
    Last edited by Snoozles; October 14, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

  12. #233
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    But I wont let you get off saying Roxanne was "nothing special" What of her ability to copy techs(dont see anyone doing that unless you count clares cheep rip off were she needs the limb) what about her ability to completely hide her Yoki from a target....what about the fact that when she was a warrior she climbed from 35 to being regarded as one of the strongest warriors
    Nothing special as in I see her as the weakest of the 3. In a 1v1 match i believe Cassandra would come out on top. Sure she started off at a low number and escalated to a higher one, but those are just ranks. Clare was still a #47 when she went to Pieta but was obviously one of the strongest there. And Clare learned the windcutter without directly training with Flora. She also learned the PSY because she wanted to be like Teresa.

    Quote Quote:
    ......And the fact she lost to an Awakened Cassandra when she was a warrior is nothing Cassandra was a AO and Roxanne foolishly attacked her blindly....let me guess you think Hysteria was "nothing" as well
    Roxanne also lost to Cassandra in her awakened form. And no, I still believe that Hysteria was the strongest warrior, or at least had the the strongest offensive attack. it might have been better than the dust eater

    Quote Quote:
    She fought countless AB....she was able to kill Cassandra.....and what you call a "cheep blow" i call being smart and planning ahead....
    Cassandra was in shock after the only person she cared about was dead and charged into a large group of claymores. She was also already injured by the time Roxanne even got a hit in. Cassandra wasn't thinking clearly and left herself open for attacks because she just didn't care anymore.

    Quote Quote:
    Would you consider what the N10 did to Miria was a cheep shot....because had miria brought friends then everything would have been different
    It is sort of a cheap shot, but Miria also shouldn't have been stupid enough to fall for it. Unless it alter the way she thought. But that is what the #10 warrior is for, taking down rebel warriors.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #234
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    @Snoozles
    You're right about Sophia but the rest of my arguments stand (e.g. her fight with Rigaldo shows she was way above your average Claymore). We still don't know whether full-powered DS is being considered here though. Personally I doubt it, the only demonstration of Sophia's strength we got was when she cut the pillar. What Jean did was way more destructive. And as I've said, they differ only 1 class in strength so I don't see how Sophia's normal attack could be this close to Jean's maximum attack which strengthens attack exponentially.
    Last edited by Goral; October 14, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

  15. #235
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Spain
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    It's true. Clare could not use the PSY with Roxanne, but yes the QS, the best technique we've seen so far, therefore, Clare win the battle.
    Anyway, Clare is only dangerous when attacked her because she combines the PYS and QS (and the new ability to Raphaela).
    But if the opponent gets defensive, waiting for the attack of Clare, she would not win against the No. 1 most powerful, including Cassandra, Roxxane, Histerya. Only kill
    them if they attack it (when she can use PYS + QS + the new ability to Raphaela).
    If she attacks, everybody know that their attacks are easy to dodge, referring to her leg speed is quite poor, said by Cintya or Thabita if I'm not mistaken. So she can not win if she can not hit her enemy.
    Last edited by su5so; October 14, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

  16. #236
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Academy City
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    It's true. Clare could not use the PSY with Roxanne, but yes the QS, the best technique we've seen so far, therefore, Clare win the battle
    But are we absolutely sure that Clare wouldn't be able to sense her. It was said that Roxanne could hide her yoki from a target, but to what degree? Clare has acute yoki sensing and it is possible that Clare's sensing ability is superior to Roxanne's ability to hide her yoki.

    Quote Quote:
    If she attacks, everybody know that their attacks are easy to dodge, referring to her leg speed is quite poor, said by Cintya or Thabita if I'm not mistaken.
    Cynthea said it, but Clare is much stronger than that. She has that indomitable spirit and determination that can allow her to do almost anything.

  17. #237
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Spain
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    But we are talking about Clare without her half-awake mode. Obviously in this way outperforms any claymore and probably the abyssals.

  18. #238
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    I'm not denying Jean was strong for a single digit or that the technique was fine for a single digit (my standard for strong at this point is around a no.2 in strength). But it's a flawed technique that would have failed twice if not for Galatea's last minute intervention (closing Dauf's mouth and freezing the latest AB). It's a useful under the right circumstances: a distracted enemy so you have sufficient time to charge it up and an immobilized enemy so you can actually hit. But those are pretty heavy requirements. The team has to (temporarily) be in complete control of the fight.

    As for why Sophia could match Jean with a "simple" physical boost, I'm of the opinion that Claymores on the whole never learn how to most efficiently manipulate their yoki to maximize their physical capabilities. The human body (or half human) isn't meant to channel yoki so doing so properly isn't instinctive, which is why their bodies distort at higher yoki quantities. Sophia and Noel just happened to be really good at channeling yoki to increase speed and strength. Jean's way of storing power is ingenious but not very efficient.

    Anyway it's just a theory with no basis and Sophia has no amazing feats of strength. On the other hand Noel managed to tag Priscilla, which is pretty impressive and I'm of the opinion that Sophia was as strong as Noel was fast.
    Last edited by Snoozles; October 14, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

  19. #239
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Spoiler: regarding little activity on Claymore forum show
    I see, I didn't saw it that way at all. What I said is based upon me myself, I had read the manga alone more than 10 times and know almost every detail in there. So I made an assumption that people already know majority of things and that there is nothing else to discuss beside new chapters and what will happened next, this was my mistake and I apologize.

    As for Miata there is nothing out of the ordinary I wouldn't think. Miata is one of the strongest Claymores now that can easily became next No. 1 now that she found her mental stability. And I totally agree about Tabitha, Yagi should gave her more to do than to just stand there and tell what is left and what is right ( aldo in her defense she didn't knew how Clare can read yoki now ) and others look like they are useless ( I mean they needed 6 Claymores to put down one average/above average AB, I just can't wait to see what will Priscilla do to them ), seriously why didn't all of them attack that AB but instead they left Helen and Miata to take it alone? You were right about this one, this chapter is nothing more than to show Helen's and Clare's new power and make everyone else look like idiots ( except Rabona Guards, these guys were awesome ).
    As for darker version...I don't know about that one. All characters grew to my heart and to see one of them killed would be quite sad, especially now that almost all characters that are present are long-term characters ( except for AB's around Rabona ). But soem of their death would make manga interesting as they would initiate rage upon certain characters who would carve for revenge. On that point I think that Yagi won't kill Galk, Cid, Uma, Cynthia, Tabitha and Galatea. The ones who he might kill are in my opinion:
    -Clarice/ Miata after some time : that would make Miata to gone berserk and destroy everything in her path, eventually dying herself while trying to damage Priscilla as much as she could. This one would be extremely sad but it would have desired effect like Jean's death, and thus making manga darker again.
    -Deneve : this one is totally possible, she die trying to protect someone from dying and as a result suffer mortal wound that she cannot regenerate. Helen of course go berserk to and try to fight but she is wounded to, but survives to see the end of battle. Later she mourns her lost comrade and close friend and join Galatea to serve as sister in church.
    -Helen : Same like with Deneve's death.
    -Miria : most possible death no.1 Miria tried to fight Priscilla but she is heavily wounded, in meantime Clare continues to fight and the crucial moment arrives. In that moment Miria makes one last move and move Clare away and take killing blow herself, after that Clare takes advantage of situation and kills Priscilla. Miria dies with smile on her face because she finally destroyed the Organisation and set all Claymores free. Tabitha is of course devastated because of that and as a reminder of her fallen captain she take Miria's sword while Mria is burred with Tabitha's sword as grave marker.
    -Raki : most possible death no.2 Similar scenario like Miria, Raki uses his body to shield Clare from fatal blow. Clare is devastated and release her full power witch in return activates her hidden Teresa's power and she utterly destroy Priscilla like she destroyed Rigaldo in North. Raki dies on her hands with his last word being that he loves her and that he is sorry that they won't continue their travels any longer. Clare is devastated by Raki's death and she felt guilt for his death in the years that will come.
    -Clare most possible death no.3 It's rather simple, Clare sacrifice herself to defeat Priscilla and dies in Raki's hands in the end. But before she die she die with smile with her last words being to Raki what Teresa said to her all those years ago: to live as a Human and die as a Human. Raki is devastated but takes her words to his heart and continue to live normally, get married, get children but he never forgotten Clare who's grave he visit regularly with all other survivors of that battle.

    Of course those are just my predictions. But I am sure that someone will die in this battle - and it will be someone of the main cast ( Clare, Raki or Miria being my bet ), because one of their death will have great impact on the story and return to it that darkness we all love.
    Last edited by Brother Coa; October 14, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  20. #240
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore1 View Post
    But are we absolutely sure that Clare wouldn't be able to sense her. It was said that Roxanne could hide her yoki from a target, but to what degree? Clare has acute yoki sensing and it is possible that Clare's sensing ability is superior to Roxanne's ability to hide her yoki.


    Cynthea said it, but Clare is much stronger than that. She has that indomitable spirit and determination that can allow her to do almost anything.
    i am not 100% sure but i think it says Roxanne can completely hide her yoki from a Particular target --- i just check that is exactly what it says ....and it says its tied to her "wonderful ability to synchronize her yoki" so i think it would be better then the PSY....but i also think Clares QS would be very hard to deal with ....that QS is quite the tech lol...


    Its chapter 117 btw page 16ish
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

New Reply
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts