Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 4.7 / 7)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

1 3.13%
  • 6 (Epic)

3 9.38%
  • 5 (Good)

16 50.00%
  • 4 (Average)

9 28.13%
  • 3 (Bad)

3 9.38%
  • 2 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 131 Discussions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 131 Spoiler Thread

rafaela's fighting style? oh yes ... the next power up. lol

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like what Lars is wearing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Goral and Ryus - finally some ranged weapons in series beside spears, bows are awesome.

I to am interested in what Cronos and Lars told to Raki, maybe they are asking him about Isley or Priscilla?
    And finally we are back in action, Tabitha is again standing and watching her icon even if she is useful as monsters cannot sense her. Way to go Helen tearing that beast like it was ordinary yoma, so hardcore. And I knew why manga felt little empty to me, I missed Clare in action.
    I think this battle will last for 10 or more chapters since Yagi only presented fight in the city and against 2 AB's. Next chapter should be about Priscilla and Cassandra's arrival and after that the real action should start.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    - Helen - Heh, it was easy. However, no matter what we did there was no response, but when that little brat calls out to her she just came out like that, it really pisses me off.
    Is this jealousy I sense from Helen... maybe she wanted Raki from the beginning all for herself...
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lmao...

Clare finally gets Raphaela's power... and it just happens to perfectly compliment yoki prediction, windcutter and/or quicksword. Clearly it is being used by itself in the here and now (likely with yoki sensing thrown in). However what this ability really does is maximize her ability to dodge any attack with yoki prediction then counter attack with minimal effort and high agility, that said nothing prevents her from quickly doing a quicksword in the middle of her newly improved foot and sword work or windcutter. Either adding to her attack power when needed.

However anyone else notice what this ability gives to Clare? Simply put, it makes her fighting style more and more like Teresa's since she too could use quicksword when needed but for the most part it was all yoki prediction and amazing control of her own movements with minimal wasted energy, that last part is what this new power gives her. What's also great is yoki prediction works best when not using too much yoki oneself and it was clearly stated this ability uses minimal yoki. IMHO this is clearly set up for Clare vs Priscilla but with Clare finally starting to realize Teresa's potential (at least her combat style, power level is another matter)

Anyways my two cents with only a summary to work with.
    Last edited by Ryus; September 30, 2012 at 03:00 AM.

7. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Gene for scanlation and God Eye Galatea for English translation.

Written before reading the translation (except for the Rafaela part which I've added later):

I don't like this chapter either, particularly the fact that Priscilla is somewhere far away from Rabona even though possibly the biggest diner on the island (that goes both for guts and youki/life energy) is there. Seeing how predictable and lame Claymore has become Cassandra will arrive and Priscilla will recuperate while the rest is occupied dealing with small fries and doing a pointless thing in comparison to stopping/helping Cassandra. In other words it is a filler-chapter, totally pointless. The only new thing we learn is that Clare has learned Rafaela's technique and that Raki after hearing everything still wasn't sure (until the last moment) that Priscilla was the Priscilla Clare was talking about. Told you he's a retard.

Anyway, this fight was a clone of Agatha fight and Yagi doesn't even hide this fact. It was a totally dumb move on his part because ABs had no sensible reason to attack Rabona. Saying that they wanted to recuperate is bullshit (and I don't see other excuse Yagi could make). Their sole purpose was to observe and assess Priscilla's power but since they've noticed that they have absolutely no chance against her and she is not neutral to them (but hostile) they should have escaped as far as they could instead of attacking a well defended city while they've already been weakened by Priscilla/Destroyer. That made no sense at all. And it's not like they couldn't sense Miata's, Galatea's, Miria's or Clare's youki and they knew perfectly that they've destroyed the organization. Seriously, it pisses me off that Yagi is making retards out of almost everyone (including Raki, I would surely like him more if he weren't acting like dumb and dumber). Especialyl since these ABs are supposed to be most cautious ones and most intelligent (hence they've survived for so long and weren't part of Isley's/Riful's/Luciella's army).

Notes:

- Heh, how cool was Clare's kick with which she shattered one of the many skulls of the AB?

- Has Helen twisted her arm 55 times? I guess her body being more elastic than Jean's would require a bigger amount of twists in order to achieve the same potential energy.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    looks like raki will be the new toyboy for chronos and lars. lol
    here's the vaseline Raki......

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    - Has Helen twisted her arm 55 times? I guess her body being more elastic than Jean's would require a bigger amount of twists in order to achieve the same potential energy.
    yep 55 times......Jean would be jealous

I M O.....
    if you count this as the 1st Battle(raws Sep/translation Oct)
    this arc might/may be over by r Feb/tr March

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, bows are cast-iron proof that Yagi makes things up as he goes. To a degree of course. Clare's thread has been planned from the start for example (for the most part) but Miria becoming this important probably wasn't planned the way I see it (uup until Clare's disappearance it didn't look like she was even close to Clare importance-wise). I still think that he initially planned to kill Miria in Org's HQ but revived her because of reader's and editor's/publisher's pressure. And once he's done it he had no choice but to give her a plot armour as strong as Clare's (otherwise it would be hilarious to see that Miria survived only to be killed couple of chapters later).

Anyway, he likes to fill some holes up as he goes and adds some things which he should have thought about earlier. I hope he will be more careful with his next work. And to be honest, I think I would prefer if he would write a weekly shounen manga if he was planning on going soft as he did with Claymore. Until about 15th volume I couldn't understand why would anyone want Yagi to speed his work up. After all, it was obvious to me that thinking about such awesome story takes time. But for a long time now I have been wishing for exactly this to happen since I can't believe that Yagi would make the plot and characters even worse and we could at least reach the end earlier. New anime could also help. Apropos, it looks like the Blu-ray box will come out soon (the end of January 2013) and if I read this right it will cost 50 000 yen which is over 640 $. WTF? I think someone was hit in the head. 160 $ for one disc? I wouldn't pay it for the whole box, let alone 4 times that.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

0_0
    640$ what the....?
    Not even Fate/Zero cost that much. Thank God that we have other means to own it...

And I agree about the story, it really got a little out of the way - the story in first 15 chapters is better than in last 7.
    Maybe Yagi will made it better until the end, that's the only thing we can do, pray that the story will get back in track.
    Last edited by Brother Coa; September 30, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    here's the vaseline Raki......

yep 55 times......Jean would be jealous

I M O.....
    if you count this as the 1st Battle(raws Sep/translation Oct)
    this arc might/may be over by r Feb/tr March
    I wanted to see Octavia's awakened form lol

LOL raki thought sex with Isely was rough wait till he meets those 2 :P=but i must say i am really likeing Chronos and Lars.....what you think they want to talk to Raki about....Isely...maybe they can smell Prissy on him.......Or maybe they want to ask why he is so close with the Warriors(i assume he seen Raki getting off the boat with a bunch of Warriors)

And i really liked that muti body awakened being......and yet again clare gets another power up(surprise surprise), but i was a tad confused was she useing Rafeleas ability(as in the ability was passed on to clare via rafeleas memory's), or did clare just use the knowledge of that ability and apply it to her own Yoki Sensing ability ?

Edit: and i must say i dont understand why the Awakened beings are also attacking the holy city? should they not fight prissy or escape what reason do they have for attacking, i truly thought they would join forces...unless thats what Chronos wanted to talk to Raki about
    Last edited by number12michael; September 30, 2012 at 04:59 AM.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember Riful telling the male ABs that they didn't understand what what kind of man Isley really was. Chronos probably did know which is why he knew it wouldn't be a good idea to become his servant. He might know something important about the Isley & Priscilla thing which is why he wishes to speak to Raki.

Quote Quote:
    Edit: and i must say i dont understand why the Awakened beings are also attacking the holy city? should they not fight prissy or escape what reason do they have for attacking, i truly thought they would join forces...unless thats what Chronos wanted to talk to Raki about
    Because they've been weakened so much in the battle they're desperately looking for a meal to regain their strength.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Based View Post
    I remember Riful telling the male ABs that they didn't understand what what kind of man Isley really was. Chronos probably did know which is why he knew it wouldn't be a good idea to become his servant. He might know something important about the Isley & Priscilla thing which is why he wishes to speak to Raki.

Because they've been weakened so much in the battle they're desperately looking for a meal to regain their strength.
    in this arc at the very lest humans should die....if they go through this entire battle and not even 1 human dies that would be stupid

and were is raki standing ... inside the holy city or is he watching prissy? and where are all the other awakened beings....Chronos and Lars managed to get away from prissy ? maybe Octavia is giving prissy/destroyer a run for its money :3
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner racjona's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Chronos (and maybe Lars) knows Raki and wants to talk with him, because they haven't seen for a while. Maybe a little chit-chat about the weather
    We know, that Isley and Chronos are from the same generation of warriors (mayby Lars too). After awakening they should have met several times, maybe it was some kind of relation like Isley with Rigardo.
    Also after the North War probably they've seen Raki near Isley and they know who he is. They don't have to be "best friends" or comrades with Raki, but they know 'bout his connections to Isley and Priss.
    So they may deliver a message about Isley's death - for example.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Based View Post
    (...) Because they've been weakened so much in the battle they're desperately looking for a meal to regain their strength.
    I've mentioned about that excuse in my earlier post and it doesn't make sense. They were strong enough to maintain their awakened forms after all so it's not like they wouldn't be able to reach a different city/village. On the other hand they were weakened significantly so taking on Claymores who have destroyed the Organization was plainly retarded on their part when there would be many easier targets out there.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    BTW, bows are cast-iron proof that Yagi makes things up as he goes. To a degree of course. Clare's thread has been planned from the start for example (for the most part) but Miria becoming this important probably wasn't planned the way I see it (uup until Clare's disappearance it didn't look like she was even close to Clare importance-wise). I still think that he initially planned to kill Miria in Org's HQ but revived her because of reader's and editor's/publisher's pressure. And once he's done it he had no choice but to give her a plot armour as strong as Clare's (otherwise it would be hilarious to see that Miria survived only to be killed couple of chapters later).
    A ton of planning isn't necessarily a good thing in creative writing. It can lead to characters becoming enslaved tools dictated by the plot instead of allowing them to act and develop on their own. There was a Charles Dickens quote related to the matter but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

Putting that aside in the case of Miria her name can even mean "rebellious" so it was a given from the start that she would be the one to topple the org. Her passive role in the early part of the time skip also hinted at playing a more active role later on.
    Last edited by The Based; September 30, 2012 at 06:15 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racjona View Post
    I think that Chronos (and maybe Lars) knows Raki and wants to talk with him, because they haven't seen for a while. Maybe a little chit-chat about the weather
    We know, that Isley and Chronos are from the same generation of warriors (mayby Lars too). After awakening they should have met several times, maybe it was some kind of relation like Isley with Rigardo.
    Also after the North War probably they've seen Raki near Isley and they know who he is. They don't have to be "best friends" or comrades with Raki, but they know 'bout his connections to Isley and Priss.
    So they may deliver a message about Isley's death - for example.
    that very well could be it, but Chronos and Lars were not followers of Isely and they were not in his army...seems that Chronos and Lars stick together(lovers ).

@Goral yeah it makes no sense for them to stay and fight...they even said they planned on escaping , and if they could go into there awakened form then they could have ran away......And i gotta admit when clare kicked that Awakened being and blew on of its heads apart that was very bad ass!.

And did Galatea completely stop the awakened being from moving ? like she was in complete control of its Yoki for a brief moment

New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast