Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 4.7 / 7)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

1 3.13%
  • 6 (Epic)

3 9.38%
  • 5 (Good)

16 50.00%
  • 4 (Average)

9 28.13%
  • 3 (Bad)

3 9.38%
  • 2 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 131 Discussions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Come's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 131 Spoiler Thread

I have a theory about Raki's actually situation. Chronos and Lars maybe see the best time to kill him - finnaly they are a Yoma.
    I have some problems with writing in english, but I'm trying do that best I can. So forgive me readers, if I make some mistakes.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Come View Post
    I have a theory about Raki's actually situation. Chronos and Lars maybe see the best time to kill him - finnaly they are a Yoma.
    I think it could easily go this route. It would definately be cool to see if Raki could hold his own against an AB. It's also possible they do just want to talk to him. Or they could talk first, then try to kill him. Either way, can't wait to find out.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

What I want to know is why is still alive Chronus it's not supposed to take care of him and hunting him down rigaldo isley and daufh them wy it still alive for what I know the organization not take a not for answer the they never go after him I wonder?,

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Goral:

I thought Mangastream was no longer going to host the scanlations of Claymore due to copyright violations, etc. When did they change their policy?
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlation with Gernot's translation:

http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2...apter-131.html

Also, Gernot has published his translation about 9 h ago. Be sure to thank him (so far only Leroid has done it).

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

As usual, if you find any things you think I should correct/change, let me know.
    Last edited by Goral; October 07, 2012 at 02:28 PM.

7. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kermitfame's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Claymore 131 Spoiler Thread

Thanks for the translation Gernot! Also thanks God-Eye and Goral.

This chapter took me by surprise in the sense that I thought that the Claymores and the Awakened Beings would join and gang up on Priscilla, and then later on join with Dust Eater and gang up on Priscilla. The chapter felt a little filler materialish in the sense that some forgetable Awakened Beings showed us their Awakened Forms and then were relatively quickly dispatched without barely landing a scratch on any of the Claymores. Ah, the fond days when the Claymores would have a few holes in the torsos, and knocking on death's door, before they would be able to defeat one single Awakened Being.

Based on repetition, I think the author's favourite line is: BITCH!
    YOU BITCH!
    DAMN YOU BITCH!
    I'LL KILL YOU BITCH!
    Last edited by kermitfame; October 06, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys I suggest you to read the MIB's scan. I was comparing the mangastream's translation with gernot's translation and with the japanese raw. Gernot's translation not only is more sound in english, but a lot more closer to the japanese than the mangastream's one, not only in the meaning but also in the choice of words.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@wickedsmile
    They never changed their policy from what I've seen. They've been doing scanlations of the most popular titles (Bleach, One Piece, Naruto and Fairy Tale) this whole time. At first they would wait a bit longer (until some other scanlation group would release first) and host a manga only for 60 h but that's not true any more.

@aegon-rokudo
    Yeah, I've noticed it a long time ago, hence I've been doing English scanlation with Gernot's translation since 95th chapter came out (plus we've done chapters 92-94 too later and only 81st doesn't have English scanlation with his translation but that should change in the future). It annoyed me that no one was willing to use his translations even though they were obviously more accurate than the alternative ones even for someone who didn't know Japanese (some things didn't make sense in the other ones, can't remember the details now). Plus people who knew Japanese said so themselves and yet there were 3 and once even 4 releases, all with the same translation (chapter 93 scanlated by Nerieru-Scans, Eternal Darkness, pi_te_ku and Franky House all with cnet128's translation) or with 2 translations none of which being Gernot's.

Although, to be fair, the translation of this elmoeleven seemed rather accurate. I suspect that he knows Japanese rather well but it's English that's his weak point. If Mangastream would invest in a proofreader (who knows Claymore so that he would know what is the gender of each character) the translation wouldn't be bad.

What's great about Gernot is that he knows both Japanese and English on a very high level (he will tell you otherwise but it's him being modest, even if there is a sentence that he finds problematic he doesn't make shit up to be done with it but consults with his Japanese friend or someone else who knows Japanese even better than him) and that he decides to go with literal translation and doesn't forcefully change what some character said (hence there are no f**ks, motherfathers or dudes). A good example of this is Agatha of Fresh Blood which 10sigh has translated as "Crimson Agatha". Both are good and while 10sigh's sounds more theatrical and may look better Gernot's is more accurate.
    Last edited by Goral; October 06, 2012 at 01:09 AM.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    What I want to know is why is still alive Chronus it's not supposed to take care of him and hunting him down rigaldo isley and daufh them wy it still alive for what I know the organization not take a not for answer the they never go after him I wonder?,
    They got distracted by Riful; so the hunt never went through. Though as for why the organization accepted them just giving up on an assigned target is another story.

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    @wickedsmile
    They never changed their policy from what I've seen. They've been doing scanlations of the most popular titles (Bleach, One Piece, Naruto and Fairy Tale) this whole time. At first they would wait a bit longer (until some other scanlation group would release first) and host a manga only for 60 h but that's not true any more.

@aegon-rokudo
    Yeah, I've noticed it a long time ago, hence I've been doing English scanlation with Gernot's translation since 95th chapter came out (plus we've done chapters 92-94 too later and only 81st doesn't have English scanlation with his translation but that should change in the future). It annoyed me that no one was willing to use his translations even though they were obviously more accurate than the alternative ones even for someone who didn't know Japanese (some things didn't make sense in the other ones, can't remember the details now). Plus people who knew Japanese said so themselves and yet there were 3 and once even 4 releases, all with the same translation (chapter 93 scanlated by Nerieru-Scans, Eternal Darkness, pi_te_ku and Franky House all with cnet128's translation) or with 2 translations none of which being Gernot's.

Although, to be fair, the translation of this elmoeleven seemed rather accurate. I suspect that he knows Japanese rather well but it's English that's his weak point. If Mangastream would invest in a proofreader (who knows Claymore so that he would know what is the gender of each character) the translation wouldn't be bad.

What's great about Gernot is that he knows both Japanese and English on a very high level (he will tell you otherwise but it's him being modest, even if there is a sentence that he finds problematic he doesn't make shit up to be done with it but consults with his Japanese friend or someone else who knows Japanese even better than him) and that he decides to go with literal translation and doesn't forcefully change what some character said (hence there are no f**ks, motherfathers or dudes). A good example of this is Agatha of Fresh Blood which 10sigh has translated as "Crimson Agatha". Both are good and while 10sigh's sounds more theatrical and may look better Gernot's is more accurate.
    From what I could understand, mangastream's translator has a good english but he lacks in the japanese department.

I noticed the same thing with my translations. The most of times that some parts of my translations didn't make sense in english was because I didn't understand the japanese text well. Then with the passing of the time, and by polishing my skills, my translation became more sound in english not only because my english became better, but also because my japanese improved as well.

Every translator is forced to paraphrase some sentences from Japanese because otherwise those sentences would not make any sense in english or because it sounds better in that way in english. The secret is to paraphrase only when it is really necessary. Mangastream's translator abused of paraphrases, leaving behind words of the original text.

The most explicative example is at page 21, the following sentence:
    ラファエラの記憶と感情を受け継いだ事によって成せる技か…
    Raffaella[genitive] memory [and] fellings [object] inherit(past) [because] attain [relative clause] move [question]...
    my translation: it is a move attained because of Raffaella's memory and feeling I inherited huh...
    gernot: A technique I can perform due to inheriting Rafaela's memories and feelings, huh...
    ms: is this because I have Inherited her sensory abilities?

the sentence is sound in english and a standard leecher would not find anything strange in such a translation, but as you can see he removed the words "move", "memories" and "feelings" and introduced the words "sensory abilities" that are not comprised in the original text. From a translator's point of view this is not a good practice as the author never introduced any particular "sensory abilities" from Raffaella and what enabled Claire to use that move where the "memories" and the "feelings". The meaning in english is not faithful to the original text anymore.

Finally, I noticed that he also makes an error that beginner translator do a lot: he often gets wrong the subject of the sentence. In japanese a lot of times the subject is not expressed and sometimes you don't know who is performing the action. Only by experience and by following the flow of the conversation you are able to realizze who is the subject (well there is also another little trick I devised: "when you don't know who the subject of the sentence is, just consider as a subject the last subject you are sure of")
    Last edited by aegon-rokudo; October 06, 2012 at 02:30 AM.

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

why deneve use in this translation the words he and him (page 23 and 24)? it's a female AB.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

on page 28...
    - Helen: Go! Damn idiot!
    that is the correct translation.....
    I like the bottom one better

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    The Chapter is out! Thanks Gene for the chinese scanlation!
    - Helen: Take this, you big idiot!

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    why deneve use in this translation the words he and him (page 23 and 24)? it's a female AB.
    That's probably a mistake. I've already pointed it out to Gernot (about 1.5 h ago) thanks to Racjona pointing it out to me. I will change it later in the scans once Gernot changes it in his translation (maybe there will be some additional changes). I would guess that he wrote that since AB is "Der Erwachte" in German right? In Polish it also has masculine gender.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

for a male AB "Der Erwachte", for a female AB "Die Erwachte".

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh. Well, I haven't noticed it either. This woman's appearance was a bit misleading and AB form wasn't feminine at all (unlike Riful's/Cassandra's/Luciella's/Roxanne's/Hysteria's, etc.). On the other hand, the other AB had boobs for 100 female ABs :D. Yagi and his fantasies ;).

New Reply
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast