Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: If Claire Inherites Another Ability, It Should Be?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miria's Phantom

2 15.38%
  • Jean's Drill

1 7.69%
  • Helen's Stretching

0 0%
  • Yuma's Throwing

0 0%
  • Deneve's Regeneration

1 7.69%
  • Galatea's God Eye

0 0%
  • Teresea's Titantic Power

7 53.85%
  • All Of The Above

2 15.38%
New Reply

Thread: Claymore chapter 131 review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore chapter 131 review

Claymore 131-Skirmish In The Holy City- Review.

Hello everybody. I had planned to get this review up a little sooner than this, but I had some computer trouble. Anyways, enough excuses. Let's get the poll results. I asked if you thought this would be Claymore's last story arc. Surprisingly nobody wanted a Galatea side story first. One person was hoping to see the mainland, and another has the desire for the series to never end. Four of you think there is still more to go. But the winner, with seven votes, is that this is the last arc for the series.

Two Guests Drop In-
    We open up with a couple on Awakened Beings getting tossed into some of Rabona's building. The thing I find interesting is that despite having been drained by the destroyer, and looking it in their human forms, they both have no trouble awakening. Just what is it that the Destroyer drained from them? Nutrients? Blood? Because if it had been Yoki, then they shouldn't have been able to transform. But transform they do, and the guards of Rabona are not going to let them cause trouble. Sadly, spears and arrows are no more than an annoyance. Maita on the other hand is indeed a threat. Clarice, on the other other hand is apparently less damaging than the arrows. Poor Clarice. Good thing Yuma and Cynthia are there to bail her out. Along with Helen and Deneve. Although Helen and Sid forget that this isn't the time to be talking about Claire. Fortunately Deneve is there to save Sid... But Deneve how could you? I mean, yeah he's basicly a male Helen, but still, you almost sound like your flirting with him there! Anyways they take on the AB I am henceforth calling Mask.

Claire, New and Improved-
    As for Claire, Miria and Tabitha, they are fighting the other AB, who I will refer to as Venus. This is due to her growing a bunch of armless torsos, and thus reminding me of the Venus DE Milo. Tabitha informs them that most of the torso's are decoys, but she can't tell witch the real one is. No sweat, just kill em all. And Claire proceeds to do just that. In fact Claire is doing it with amazing acrobatics, and not like she usually does. In fact you have to wonder if she even needed Miria and Tabitha. Seems Claire has picked up Raphelea's abilities. I've seen two conflicting translations on what is happening, one saying that it's enhancing her stregnth and movements, and the other saying its a form of yoki sensing. I personally think it's the enhancing myself. Claire is moving much better than she normally does, and showing signs of increased physical strength. Note her kicking off a head to propel herself forward. If so this would be a huge advantage to Claire. She has always been a little lacking in basic combat ability. Yes, her sensing lets her dodge, but if an attack is something she couldn't dodge in time, then it was useless. And against many opponents, she couldn't do much damage without the quick-sword or wind cutter. Whatever the case is, in next to no time the Awakened Being is sliced and diced.

Six Vs One-
    As for the others, seems Mask is a bit harder to kill. Even with six warriors, it's just not going down due to it's regeneration. Okay, question. First if it was drained by the Destroyer, then were is it getting the energy for regeneration? Really what did the Destroyer drain? Anyways Helen can kill it with a 55 rotation drill sword, but it has to hold still. Enter Galatea, mocking all of you who dared say she was weak, as by force of sheer awesomeness, and good looks she makes Mask hold still to die. Proving that her technique is great when used in conjunction with others.

So What's This Mean?-
    As for Raki, he's trying to figure out just what everything means. He's got it put together that the Priscilla he was traveling with is the one that Claire wants to kill. But he's not able to figure out just why Priss was looking for Claire. Well it's not like he can know that Teresa's raw power terrified Priss once. Not even Priss knows that right now. Course now Chronos and Lars show up. Seems like they and Raki know each other. I'm not too surprised as they are from the same generation as Isley. I don't know if they met when Raki was with Isley, or when he was traveling with Priscilla. But it seems like they want to talk. Should be interesting to see about what.

Winner of the Month- Claire. The new and improved Claire really showed what she can do. Honestly she could have soloed Venus. It might not be nearly enough to work against Priscilla's overwhelming power, but it can't hurt either.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore chapter 131 review

Nice review Super Angillis!

It's not much of conflicting translation on Rafaela's technique, but rather I mistraslated that part the first time, I already corrected it, perhaps you missed it? lol Rafaela's technique is indeed sort of a sensing technique.
    I believe Rafaela's technique is sensing your own yoki rather your opponent's yoki. I think it's something like spreading a field of your own yoki surrounding yourself, and whatever is within this yoki field you can read its movement precisely and deal with it accordingly. If Clare combine this technique with Teresa's PSY it may enable her to move through any attacks like Neo from The Matrix. lol

I think yoki is really a work of wonder, how Rafaela was able to use this technique while still cloaked is really interesting. I believe Claymore could still spread or expand their yoki around themselves without actually releasing any of their yoki (much like a blowing a balloon, the balloon is expanded and no air is released, in this case yoki). If we looked back we can find some clues, like how Galatea was able to sense Cynthia was synchronizing her own yoki with her to heal her arm, yet Cynthia was still very much cloaked that time, and how Cynthia and Yuma was healing Yuma's leg while both were still cloaked until they released their yoki in order meet up with Deneve and Helen after sensing them approaching. Thus, I believe the detection of a released yoki is very different from that of a expanded yoki from a cloaked warrior, while the later is may be something like a heaviness in the air or tingling bodily sensation when near that cloaked person with expanded yoki. This may explain how Irene was able to tell that Rafaela's power was beyond that of a No.5 warrior.

From this theory, then I think yoki synchronization is actually expanding your own yoki, then match it with the frequency of the target's yoki, once it is completed you can do whatever that you can do via synchronized healing, yoki manipulation, sensory controls, yoki suppression, soul link, etc.

Edit.

Another thing, I believe the Destroyer drained the life force energy from those awaken beings rather than their yoki directly. I mentioned this on the 131 discussion already.
    I believe the Destroyer's power is draining life energy rather than yoki directly, hence it was swallowing up a forest and trees were withering from life after it touches them. Normal life forms do not have any yoki, if the Destroyer really drain only yoki, then it shouldn't have affected them. Beings with yoki on the other hand, after their life energy is drained they still have yoki to help regenerate and keep themselves alive, of course only if the Destroyer didn't completely drain their life before they could use yoki to substain their own life. Thus, in this chapter the awaken beings rather than heal themselves in human forms, use their yoki to go into fully awaken forms to probably heal and presumingly to get revenge on the Destroyer Priscilla for draining their life and sending them flying. Also, they can use food (flesh and blood) to replenish themselves.
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; October 11, 2012 at 08:15 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review as always.

I will just say for Clare, regarding this poll, that she has one unique ability - to perfectly execute other's unique abilities.
    She successfully inherited Teresa's sensing ability, than Ilena's quick-sword, than Flora's Windcutter and finally Raphaela's fighting technique.
    So she should be able to inherit every single one of those unique techniques listed above ( with Teresa's one only being a matter of time since she already have her blood and flesh inside her ).
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    But Deneve how could you? I mean, yeah he's basically a male Helen, but still, you almost sound like your flirting with him there!
    Yeah, I got that same impression as well.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as I said I had some computer problems, so I didn't get all the chapter thread read. I would say though that whatever the technique is, it seems to greatly help with movement in combat. Claire really has never moved like that before. Both agility and power seem noticably better.

I wouldn't say Claire was just able to perfectly execute the Quicksword. She had to take Ilena's arm to perform the Quicksword. Claire could do it, but not well enough Ilena thought it would work in actual combat. Granted Claire was also trying to do it left handed.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore chapter 131 review

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Good review as always.

I will just say for Clare, regarding this poll, that she has one unique ability - to perfectly execute other's unique abilities.
    She successfully inherited Teresa's sensing ability, than Ilena's quick-sword, than Flora's Windcutter and finally Raphaela's fighting technique.
    So she should be able to inherit every single one of those unique techniques listed above ( with Teresa's one only being a matter of time since she already have her blood and flesh inside her ).
    remember she also learned the yoki link from galatea during the dauf fight...then used it to bring jean back to humanity.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    Well, as I said I had some computer problems, so I didn't get all the chapter thread read. I would say though that whatever the technique is, it seems to greatly help with movement in combat. Claire really has never moved like that before. Both agility and power seem noticably better.

I wouldn't say Claire was just able to perfectly execute the Quicksword. She had to take Ilena's arm to perform the Quicksword. Claire could do it, but not well enough Ilena thought it would work in actual combat. Granted Claire was also trying to do it left handed.
    to me...she really looked/reminded me of teresa...

remember how effortlessly teresa fought the execution squad once they started amping up their yoki level...clare has/had that same grace in slicing up"venus"
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leroid View Post
    Yeah, I got that same impression as well.
    Actually I was also reminded of Nikke : the 'you're a good man despite your face' comment was like Anastasia's 'despite your looks you're pretty honest' to her, and their reactions were the same as well.

New Reply