Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 4.7 / 7)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

1 3.13%
  • 6 (Epic)

3 9.38%
  • 5 (Good)

16 50.00%
  • 4 (Average)

9 28.13%
  • 3 (Bad)

3 9.38%
  • 2 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 131 Discussions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 131 Spoiler Thread

Lol, i just noticed that the ABs didn't actually go to Rabona, they were thrown there.
    This eliminates the problem why they attacked Rabona instead of escaping, they just found themselves there and wanted a "refill" before escaping, quite simple actually.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

that's true. even dauf's hellcat arms had boobs :-)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@MalakTawus
    We've discussed about it 5 pages earlier but Gernot's translation has made it explicit. Now the question is whether it was intentional or accidental. Personally I think it was the former (since I do not like accidents ;P) but then the new question arises: why would she do that? To test and observe their abilities? Because she could? To divert ghost's attention and merge with Cassandra during that time (since thanks to Miria we know that Priscilla won't just come to Cassandra and merge, she must wait for her, otherwise she would be a retard to release her)?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

All in all nice chapter, Gernot's translations are much better.

This chapter was basically just to show us some new skills ( Helen's number of rotations and Clare using Raphaela's technic ) and to show us a little action ( God how I missed this part with Clare ). It also opens up a new questions like what will Chronos and Lars talk about with Raki? But overall we could see more action with Priscilla or Yago could at least leave Miata and Tabitha to be more useful. And Deneve giving compliments to Humans, that's a new one. She also said that they will not let Clare go berserk again, but if she somehow partially awaken again like she did in Peita ( in case Jean's fails ) or just simply rush toward Priscilla I really don't see what they can do to stop her.

One more thing I noticed: since Clare got back in series the popularity of Claymore has risen a little.
    Last edited by Brother Coa; October 06, 2012 at 04:57 AM.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    @MalakTawus
    We've discussed about it 5 pages earlier but Gernot's translation has made it explicit. Now the question is whether it was intentional or accidental. Personally I think it was the former (since I do not like accidents ;P) but then the new question arises: why would she do that? To test and observe their abilities? Because she could? To divert ghost's attention and merge with Cassandra during that time (since thanks to Miria we know that Priscilla won't just come to Cassandra and merge, she must wait for her, otherwise she would be a retard to release her)?

It's also possible (like you said) that it was accidental and that you are overthinking

Well, one thing is for certain, it was not to test their abilities, that's completely out of character.
    Also i don't see how Priscilla could fear the ghosts to interfere with Cassy since there is absolutely nothing that the ghosts can do to stop Cassy.........unless Prissy knows that Claire is out there and knows something that we don't know yet, for example that now she is strong enough to kill Cassy.
    I say this 'cause the only unknown variable in that situation is Claire (like always) since sure as hell the other ghosts are certainly too weak (yes, even Miria).

Probably it was just accidental.....

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

I'm starting to think that the only reason why these ABs attacked Rabona was to give Miata and Clarice some role before completely throwing their characters away. I'm afraid that their chapters were nothing but fillers.

Clarice: We also want to help.
    Miria-Yagi (Miyagi in short): OK. We will throw some 2 ABs your way so you can have some screen time / page coverage.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter has been pretty good with this skirmish.
    Our Claymores became pretty strong.
    Anyway I wonder what those guys want from Raki.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI, I've swapped Tishare and GF links with updated ones. The second version of MiB scanlation has translation change on pages 24 and 25 (neither Gernot nor me has noticed that the first AB was also female) + 4 onomatopeias in romaji form + a very, very minor change to page 21 (graphics-wise).

I'll repeat my question. Whose attack do you think hit first and why was it Clare's? And who cut more heads off (and how did you know it was Clare?)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    FYI, I've swapped Tishare and GF links with updated ones. The second version of MiB scanlation has translation change on pages 24 and 25 (neither Gernot nor me has noticed that the first AB was also female) + 4 onomatopeias in romaji form + a very, very minor change to page 21 (graphics-wise).

I'll repeat my question. Whose attack do you think hit first and why was it Clare's? And who cut more heads off (and how did you know it was Clare?)
    it looked like they hit the final head together at the same time.

But we did not see them killing all of the heads , i counted 28 heads when we first see the awakened being and i only counted them killing 23 so i dont think we can tell who killed the most...or even how many heads it had in total...but i think it was even.....but gotta love when clare kicked that ones head apart
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice chapter. good to see clare back in action...... though it still unnerves. we can see she has suddenly absorbed raphaela's skills, but we have not a fucking clue what else is different about her. her ablities or what changed hwile she was within the destroyer is unknown.

.......wait. i noticed something, though i am referencing the prior chapter. the destroyer/priscilla tendrils remind me awfully alot like raftelas tendrils.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking nice. I am the most curious about what Chronos and Lars are going to talk about to Raki. I did not like Miria and Clare showing off like that, especially Clare, wo has - without doing anything - gotten another power up. Again.

Anything else noticed how f*cking cool Helen looks in her warrior's outfit?
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

@Goral: Okay, then, let's analyze who got the final head first...

Based on the tapering of the blades, one would surmise that the blade to the mouth was a left-to-right swing from the front and the other blade was an impalement injury from the AB's left. Note, however, the duo's positions after the blow. Clare was behind the AB; Miria, in front. Note also that both warriors are right-handed. As such, it's likely that Clare's was the frontal assault.

What of Miria, then? It would be taxing to have impaled the target and made a sharp turn to the left to end up in front of the AB. As she had said before, she lacks Hysteria's level of finesse when traveling at great speeds. Still, if her speed wasn't too boosted, then it's possible to swing around as I had described. It's quite probable that the second injury was, in fact, not an impalement with the hilt of the claymore closer to the reader, but a slashing injury from the AB's right, running occipitofrontal, with the tip of the blade closer to the reader but distorted by perspective.

Given that the blade from behind has run quite a bit through the head while Clare's blade had just begun slicing into the right angle of the mouth, we could surmise that Miria's blow was first, though only by a split-second. Also, Clare was probably just a tad bit further away from the AB than Miria was when they delivered the blows.
    Last edited by Fermat; October 07, 2012 at 04:41 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

In response to post above mine...

I think that no matter how much Clare is upgraded she ill never be as fast as Miria's fastest attack.
    I mean, Miria is so fast in split second that she leave mirror images of herself. I doubt that Clare will ever match that.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    In response to post above mine...

I think that no matter how much Clare is upgraded she will never be as fast as Miria's fastest attack.
    I mean, Miria is so fast in split second that she leave mirror images of herself. I doubt that Clare will ever match that.
    We hope clare doesn't, or very quickly, all the fun will be taken out of the characters' individual skills.

Chapter 131;

Dispite the fact that he got killed quickly I loved the sky shark AB. (wish his head followed the same design) Strange, but I kinda liked the conversation between Helen and Cid.

I think that Miria and clare vs Female AB was good.

As for clare's new abillity; I perfer to think that, rather than physically strengthed in any way, Raphaela's abillity is like the Yoki eqivilant of sonar.

Loved galatea getting involved.

Raki getting confused about motives; got a fair point to be honest (Pricilla's motive for looking for Clare.)

Then Chronos and Lars pay Raki a visit.

Overall a good chapter.

Predictions for next chapter; I think Chronos is going to ask Raki why he smells like Pricilla and asks about the vague smell of Isley. Then Raki is taken hostage.

Yagi can then, finally, have something interesting happen.
    Last edited by Decepticon; October 07, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, Miria had said that she uses her Mirage to get away from her opponents. This seems to be the first time she uses her normal Mirage to actually step forward, though I could be wrong.

So did Clare really need a new move (of this nature anyway)? It could come in handy when fighting opponents whose yoki is completely suppressed, but where is she going to find those?

I still believe PYS to be superior in almost all instances, given that you perceive actions before they actually happen, as opposed to this where you are reacting after an opponent has made a move.

Then again it could be that Clare has yet to reach Teresa's godly level with PYS, and so she really needs this.

Overall... felt like filler stuff.
    Shiro 2

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast