Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 4.7 / 7)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 7 (top five BEST chapters)

1 3.13%
  • 6 (Epic)

3 9.38%
  • 5 (Good)

16 50.00%
  • 4 (Average)

9 28.13%
  • 3 (Bad)

3 9.38%
  • 2 (Horrible)

0 0%
  • 1 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 131 Discussions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    When I was reading Gernot's translation for the first time this part immediately caught my eye:

I don't get why would Clare say that she now can sense movement that is outside of her field of vision when she has performed her attacks with her eyes closed (e.g. when she defeated Duff along with Jean, it was pre-emptive youki sensing + Quick Sword).

And I can tell you right now, it's definitely not a translation error (in fact this part is super accurate). Here's what Gernot had to say about that:

Any thoughts on this? Because for now it looks like PYS is an even less useful technique than I initially thought and Rafaela's technique is the absolute youki-sensing technique applicable in combat conditions since any movement can be detected that way (so cloaked Claymores would not be a problem).

P.S.
    Heh, it seems I'm the only old-timer willing to discuss Claymore and trigger the discussions. Not good. Where are the times where the same thing was being posted by different people in a matter of seconds and there was a brain storming that would put to shame any discussion we've had in a whole last year?
    are you sure these old timers are even still alive :3

but that is odd so she is sensing outside her field of vision yet her eyes were closed....maybe she means that she almost has a "spidey sense" of sorts like she can tell when something comes near her even if she is facing the other way
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

P.S.
    Heh, it seems I'm the only old-timer willing to discuss Claymore and trigger the discussions. Not good. Where are the times where the same thing was being posted by different people in a matter of seconds and there was a brain storming that would put to shame any discussion we've had in a whole last year?
    It's not that, it's just that people don't know about what to discuss when they know like 90% of fluff. In that regard we can only discuss about what will happened in the future chapters or how certain technic works. Everything else is much/less known to all, except for some things that happened in the past ( like how Miria recognized all those AB's ) but since we have no proff we can only speculate.
    But not al lis grim, I remember in chapter 128 when Yagi introduced mysterious gear many people speculate what coudl that be. many had great ideas, you were also notable with bomb idea. I am sure there will be a lot of discussion, nut only when Yagi gives us something interesting to debate about.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Claire is just surprised that she can sense everything using a different technique from PSY, or maybe she is just surprised 'cause thanx to Raphaela's memories she can sense all that in a more "natural way".

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Falcor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was reading Gernot's translation for the first time this part immediately caught my eye:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernot's translation of page 21
    視野から外れた動きまで細かく感知できるかのような…
    it's like I can sense in detail even such movement that is outside of my field of vision...
    I don't get why would Clare say that she now can sense movement that is outside of her field of vision when she has performed her attacks with her eyes closed (e.g. when she defeated Duff along with Jean, it was pre-emptive youki sensing + Quick Sword).

And I can tell you right now, it's definitely not a translation error (in fact this part is super accurate). Here's what Gernot had to say about that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernot
    The difference in fighting style is not very obvious to me either. She doesn't say anything about being able to detect the opponent's youki, she says she can now detect movement, even such that is outside of her field of vision...
    Any thoughts on this? Because for now it looks like PYS is an even less useful technique than I initially thought and Rafaela's technique is the absolute youki-sensing technique applicable in combat conditions since any movement can be detected that way (so cloaked Claymores would not be a problem).
    Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Maybe Claire is just surprised that she can sense everything using a different technique from PSY, or maybe she is just surprised 'cause thanx to Raphaela's memories she can sense all that in a more "natural way".
    I'd have to agree with Malak; sounds to me like Clare is making a distinction between using her own youki to sense movements, ie a sight enhancement, versus reading the opponent's youki. Subtle, but quite significant difference, since one relies on reading youki to work effectively, while the other can be used against any opponent whether or not any youki is used or detectable.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 131 Discussions/ 132 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    I'd have to agree with Malak; sounds to me like Clare is making a distinction between using her own youki to sense movements, ie a sight enhancement, versus reading the opponent's youki. Subtle, but quite significant difference, since one relies on reading youki to work effectively, while the other can be used against any opponent whether or not any youki is used or detectable.
    exactly like the blind swordsman from ninja scroll...one of the seven devils.
    he almost killed jubei through just hearing/sensing his movements...that's what i see in my head,that kind of technique...imo
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bayuga's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i think, it would be cool, if clare would kill raki. he traveled many years with her biggest enemy, and it was his fault, that priscilla has found clare. and now, he is still hiding the fact, that he knows priscilla. i would not be suprised, if raki prefers priscilla and will help her to survive. so clare, you know what you have to do. to say it with mortal kombat style: finish him!

for me is raki the jar jar binks of claymore. he plays his role in yagi's story, but he is so extrem annoying.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bayuga View Post
    For me is Raki the Jar Jar binks of Claymore. he plays his role in yagi's story, but he is so extremely annoying.
    Well Jar Jar was not main love interest for main heroine...
    Remember he is Human who want to help in fight against superhumans, of course he is annoying sometimes because he enters the fight where he cannot possible win. But he is a good character and has a good hearth ad that is why people like him.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

clare is not a pedo, so this was only a brother/sister kiss.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In my world we don't kiss our sisters/brothers like this (especially considering that it was a kiss with the mouth open).

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me that a few pages ago, you guys were discussing why and how the fast-regenerating AB lack feminine feature. Well, actually I also have no clue on why.
    But the problem is that, to me, that AB isn't a "she" to begin with. I mean, whenever I look at the 1st page of this chap, I really think there is one male and one female on that page. Or... did I miss something!?

PS: about the kiss, I think putting in the context would make more sense. So, what's that chapter?
    Last edited by kaori13; October 10, 2012 at 07:14 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe ... but the relationship between raki and clare is little brother and big sister, and not boy-girlfriend. some perverts want this for some reasons, but i definitive not.

galk and cid are male characters, who fight against yoma and awakened beings, and they are not annoying like raki. if yagi really needs a cool man for the story, why he made not a male claymore who has survived and can control the yomapower how the girls. it would be great, to see a male warrior who fights together with miria and the others. the male number 5 would be a perfect candidate, because we know nothing about him. this would be much better than our idiotic raki.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

clare is not a pedo, so this was only a brother/sister kiss.
    I never said she was a pedo ( now that is normal because she remained the same and Raki has grown up ), and SUREEEE I also kiss all my brothers and sisters like that.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

maybe ... but the relationship between raki and clare is little brother and big sister, and not boy-girlfriend. some perverts want this for some reasons, but i definitive not.
    Sorry to disappoint you but you are in big minority here.

-Emperor of Mankind.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

that's absolutely ok for me. but it does not changed my opinion. in scene 129 we saw no kissing or something similar, only a hug.

you could also say, that priscilla and raki are a pair of lovers, because they slept together in a bed.
    Last edited by Bayuga; October 10, 2012 at 07:54 AM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe because they really don't have time to get along because Priscilla is just like 5 meters away from them and killing everything she see.
    To Clare battling Priscilla always come before anything else, we will see how will they act after the battle when they get some time alone with each other...

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaori13 View Post
    It seems to me that a few pages ago, you guys were discussing why and how the fast-regenerating AB lack feminine feature. Well, actually I also have no clue on why.
    But the problem is that, to me, that AB isn't a "she" to begin with. I mean, whenever I look at the 1st page of this chap, I really think there is one male and one female on that page. Or... did I miss something!?

PS: about the kiss, I think putting in the context would make more sense. So, what's that chapter?
    its human form looked like a girl to me but you could be right it could have been a male(because from what i have seen every awakened being that is female has breasts(hell even flat chested Cassandra's awakened body had breasts )

And not to drag this conversation into the mud but could her(the regenerating awakened) lack of breasts be the same as male awakened beings not having exposed genitals... you would think they would still have them with the whole yoki release feels like sexual release thing(but dont get me wrong i am kinda glad as all those scenes with Duph would have been awkward lol)

Edit: and Riful saying that duph was the only one who could "accept" her without being ripped to pieces to me that suggests that awakened beings can infact have sex(tho i could be misinterpreting what she said)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

New Reply
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast