Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 489 Discussion / 490 Predictions

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 489 Discussion / 490 Predictions

Chapter is out, get it here: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/histo...ichi/v45/c489/

It's over, it's finally over.

Now I can only hope we won't get anymore random Rimi/Kensei training panels and move on with this plot.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 489 Discussion / 490 Predictions

Well, even if the chapter was not precisely plot relevant it still had some interesting points.

On one hand akisame did try to retaliate against shiba (I considered that possibility in the previous chapter discussion). Nothing much came out of this but it was still fun to watch.

Regardless of what people think of miu I think the developments and implications regarding her ki's awakening are interesting. Last chapter she almost killed someone and right now even shiba (who is a dou user) is concerned about her. And it is not just her aggressiveness that is increasing but also her actual strength along with it. This has implications not just for miu but also every shinpaku guy who is also a dou ki user as at some point they can also potentially murder someone. I find this particular development interesting because I never thought ki meant too much in this particular manga. Certainly it is there and it has a tangible effect on its surroundings however it never seemed like something more than an expression of the strength and will of the user. Of course this chapter suggests something opposite to that because rather than ki simply being a result or expression of the person in question it is something that actually has an effect on the user itself (kinda like the opposite).

And on that note, I wonder if there is a sort of awakening for sei users too. Perhaps as sei is basically the opposite of dou the effects of a potential awakening is also the opposite. Rather than becoming increasingly more aggressive they become increasingly more withdrawn in their fighting and actual life. In kenichi's case for example such a thing would imply that he would not attack at all which in a fight is a rather crucial point (and the most extreme opposite from miu killing someone with no need for it).

And it seems ukita is a master class chick magnet. Miu's triangle should be a square by now. So shiratori ended up being to kisara what kisara used to be to freya? Meh.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about that, isn't this thing with Dou only happening because the Elder purposely slowed down her awakening? It would have happened sooner I think, and I don't think anyone is holding back Kenichi's training in that regard.

Also, this page just breaks my mind.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/histo...5/c489/15.html

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

What's funny is that I was watching Kenichi anime for the past few days and was just thinking how Shiratori is voiced by female and it doesn't sound appropriate. Turns out he actually is a girl, guys were oblivious to it but girls knew it all along. Don't know if anime creators were on it from the beginning.

Yomi makes its move sounds promising, wonder if it's Atlante or others. And interaction between Akisame and Shiba is always funny.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Reverse trapped?!

I totally didn't see that coming, I mean, I even tough for a second that Shiratori was gay but then I got mindblown like Zatono.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I'm not sure about that, isn't this thing with Dou only happening because the Elder purposely slowed down her awakening? It would have happened sooner I think, and I don't think anyone is holding back Kenichi's training in that regard.

Also, this page just breaks my mind.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/histo...5/c489/15.html
    I was more of the idea that what is happening with miu right now is something which was going to happen one way or the other regardless of what anyone does. The elder only made it so that it would happen later basically. Its not like the issues miu is having right now would have been avoided if the elder would have done something else. Not sure if I got your post though, you kinda made it sounds as if what is happening now is the elder's fault.

As for kenichi (and any other sei user for that matter), I would think the issue would be significantly different. The issue miu has is that her dou ki in particular is awakening with whatever consequences it might bring. So far what we have seen with miu is consistent with what we know of dou ki. Dou ki is about making your ki explode with your emotions or something. Apparently miu is losing control of her emotions and ki. With sei who read the enemy and condense their power (sorta) the result of a hypothetical awakening would be different. Perhaps holding back kenichi's training would not benefit him in the way it would benefit miu; basically there could be no risk of kenichi going on a homicidal rampage. Kenichi would hypothetically deal with an entirely different range of problems as a sei user.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    What's funny is that I was watching Kenichi anime for the past few days and was just thinking how Shiratori is voiced by female and it doesn't sound appropriate. Turns out he actually is a girl, guys were oblivious to it but girls knew it all along. Don't know if anime creators were on it from the beginning.

Yomi makes its move sounds promising, wonder if it's Atlante or others. And interaction between Akisame and Shiba is always funny.
    I was wondering how the anime would revolve around this. I have only seen stuff on you tube regarding the anime so I never got to hear whether she was voiced by a guy or a girl. Is her voice actually feminine though?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

You should all go re-read kenichis first training with the elder before fighting ryu, all this stuff about dou and sei were better explained there and any information we getting now is nothing new. Unlike what u seem to believe all this information is already available way back in the manga, also we finally rid of this useless filler arc with ukita that didnt really accomplish anything, i will admit i wasent expect the blond to be a girl but thats about it. Shibas comment about Miu is also irrelevant the elder and the masters know what is happening to her they prolly trying to come up with a strategy to help her. All this stuff about she being a dou user and only now releasing her ki makes no much sense to me since i was always under the impression she was using dou since the start of the manga, kenichi himself got hold of his sei ki early on while fighting ragnaroks ryu.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I was wondering how the anime would revolve around this. I have only seen stuff on you tube regarding the anime so I never got to hear whether she was voiced by a guy or a girl. Is her voice actually feminine though?
    ^You can check it out yourself here, it start at about 6:30: http://www.animehere.com/kenichi-the...sciple-12.html

I'd say it's a voice that doesn't sound very feminine but you know it comes from a woman.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    You should all go re-read kenichis first training with the elder before fighting ryu, all this stuff about dou and sei were better explained there and any information we getting now is nothing new. Unlike what u seem to believe all this information is already available way back in the manga, also we finally rid of this useless filler arc with ukita that didnt really accomplish anything, i will admit i wasent expect the blond to be a girl but thats about it. Shibas comment about Miu is also irrelevant the elder and the masters know what is happening to her they prolly trying to come up with a strategy to help her. All this stuff about she being a dou user and only now releasing her ki makes no much sense to me since i was always under the impression she was using dou since the start of the manga, kenichi himself got hold of his sei ki early on while fighting ragnaroks ryu.
    Its a tad funny that you say everything about ki has been explained yet promptly mention that what we are seeing now does not make sense. Its a well known fact that miu is an active dou user. So the issue here is not that miu is just now first using ki or something of the sort but rather that something in her is either changing or awakening. Its not like when kenichi just awakened his sei ki. To some extent it even seems like what miu is going through right now is standard for dou users. I mean, the elder tried to hold it back while ma said she would have had to deal with that eventually, kensei figured it out from a vague explanation given by rimi, shiba figured it out at a glance... If this was some sort of deep personal issue regarding miu then I doubt every master class around would just know what the deal with her is. Taking in consideration that oogata actually wanted to be a dou user desperately (said by akisame during kenichi's mountain training) I would think there is a tad more to it than just blind rage. Even when rimi fought miu a few chapters back she mentioned that miu actually suddenly got stronger which is honestly quite strange.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Not bad for the conclusion of this few chapter sidetrack. Shiratori's reveal is somewhat unoriginal as far as character revelations go, but it is surpising considering that she's been in the manga since the very beginning. But, it's over. Now, we can get back to the real story, and some real action.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hhv94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

LMAO...Oh man, I loved the ending of this chapter! I was shocked by the fact that Shiratori is a woman! Liked the last part were, Ukita's not believing it was so cute! It's a bit of a fluffy in between storyline but I thought it was fine. I can't wait to see what Yomi does next.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well at least someone enjoyed the chapter.

What I do think is that we need more Shiba in the upcoming arcs.

Or at least more Shinpaku vs Yomi. I realize that Miu is probably going to continue to hog the spotlight, but we can at least get some decent fights without her right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't posted my thoughts all week....

Anyway, while I didn't exactly like this chapter I am pleased that there will be interesting future developments. Now Yomi is moving next chapter, so can we expect the Shinpaku Alliance to get attacked? or will transfer students join the school like last time? Idk hopefully Matsuena surprises us!

This must be some type of phase all Dou users go through as they as become stronger and more experienced fighters. I find it interesting that said phase hasn't been mentioned earlier in the story by Sakaki or Apachai considering they too are dou users, but I'm sure they're knowledgeable about it. The hints we've been getting that Miu has begun to release her ki is foreshadowing something big to occur in this arc later on. It's obvious that Miu is somewhat losing control of her ki which correlates with her emotions of anger. The Elder has been holding her back in her training to delay the inevitable because he's perhaps afraid or uncertain of what's to come concerning Miu. This is all very puzzling, so I'm going to wait for more info from upcoming chapters to fully grasp and analyze what the hell is going on here lol
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 09, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if we're going to see any new Yomi

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Its a tad funny that you say everything about ki has been explained yet promptly mention that what we are seeing now does not make sense. Its a well known fact that miu is an active dou user. So the issue here is not that miu is just now first using ki or something of the sort but rather that something in her is either changing or awakening. Its not like when kenichi just awakened his sei ki. To some extent it even seems like what miu is going through right now is standard for dou users. I mean, the elder tried to hold it back while ma said she would have had to deal with that eventually, kensei figured it out from a vague explanation given by rimi, shiba figured it out at a glance... If this was some sort of deep personal issue regarding miu then I doubt every master class around would just know what the deal with her is. Taking in consideration that oogata actually wanted to be a dou user desperately (said by akisame during kenichi's mountain training) I would think there is a tad more to it than just blind rage. Even when rimi fought miu a few chapters back she mentioned that miu actually suddenly got stronger which is honestly quite strange.
    To be honest any confusion is the authors fault. Back on the training Kenichi had with the Elder there was that whole issue that while going on the dou or sei path someone can lose themselfs and turn into a wild beast which is what happened with Kensei. He lost control and went berserk, it was never mentioned if he still goes crazy when he fights or he somehow overcame than (back on the training he took down a bear in a pretty savage way), now that whole condition does look rather similar with what Mius going throw with all losing control and all.Thats where it is confusing Miu has being a dou user since the start of the manga but she is having a problem similar with what Kensei had.It could also be that it has nothing to do with that and what she is going throw is something every dou user has to face or could be something particular about her and all her pass trauma with her mothers death and all manifesting now that she is growing stronger. For the time being it is hard to tell since the author is hardly given any useful information on the matter, but if by any chance he decides to go on "Miu only became dou user now and cant handle like Kensei" im gonna be seriously disappointed because that gonna create plot holes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast