Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: The war of 400 years ago and the future one

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The war of 400 years ago and the future one

Ok, let's say that the theory I am about to expose is a crazy one since there aren't clear proofs to confirm it, but I want to share it anyway with you all in order to see if someone else had my same thoughts.
    Here we go: We know that this war has been very bloody and that it involved the whole world and thus all the people who inhabitate it (as if it isn't obvious. XD), driving the Nirvit to create Nirvana, a magic which in their opinion could have stopped the war by converting the darkness in the souls of people in light, with however the results that we all know.
    Now let us pass to the factions who fought against each other in this war; In fact I think that those two were guided respectively by the Dragon King and the Demon King (yeah pretty clichè. XD)
    Obviously the main soldiers of both sides were the lesser dragons and demons, but beetween them there were also humans, who according to their good or evil nature, decided to join one of the two parties.
    The first ones became Dragon Slayers while the other ones became powerful magicians by receiving the great power of the Demon King, which in my opinion is a part (Darkness-Hatred) of the so-called "One Magic" (since the other half could represent the "Light-Love" Lucy spoke about).
    Beetween the DS only three, despite being young, became prominent figures in the Dragons' army...and guess about who I am talking? Yes, Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy.
    Instead in the Demons' army the only human who showed an incredible magical power was non other than the black mage Zeref himself, who had the ability to summon an infinite number of demons, thus replenishing continously the troops of the demons.
    At some point, after fierce battles, Natsu was somehow able to make Zeref understand the importance of life and thus the latter decided to live a secluded life on Tenro island and wait for the moment in which Natsu could have destroy him, something that he seems to desire in order to atone for his sins (at least in my opinion).
    Deprived of their infinite supply of troops the demons' army soon collapsed and the Demon King was eventually sealed away underground in a far away land, which no one could ever reach, because almost inaccessible and protected by very strong magical barriers.
    But the seal could be broken by strong magicians who devoted themeselves to the dark side of
    "The One Magic", even though this process would have taken many years to work or even centuries.
    In order to prevent this the dragons decided to put in a sort of hibernation Natsu and the others, since they showed great capabilities and heart; Thus they would have been reawakened when the time was right (the actual timeline, so that, even if still young, they could improve further their abilities).
    In order to ensure the safety of the seal, the other humans decided to create organizations that in the future would have gathered and trained humans in the use of magic, which could enable them to fight back the demons: the Light Guilds.
    Unfortunately the same example was followed by the few survivors of the demons' army, who started to create the Dark Guilds, whose leading one was the strongest: Tartaros.
    I think that this is the only Dark Guild that treasure its primary objective: resurrecting the Demon King and this is why someday our heroes of FT will have to fight against it to prevent this.
    Anyway In the recent chapters I think that the future we have seen briefly, was caused by the clash beetween dragons and demons, and it provoked the deaths of many people, as Levy (presumibly in the future) said.
    In little words I think that the Eclipse plan is just one of the prerequisite to dissolve the seal that is binding the Demon King, since opening it would spread "The Dark One Magic" in the whole world and from Rustyrose words we know what it would cause.
    So thinking this, it is very likely that the seal would be weakened.
    Obviously Arcadios would be nothing but a puppet in the hands of a Tartaros' member.
    About the Dragon Festival, I think it might be some kind of war council of the dragons, in which they all meet, but I guess I am fantasyzing too much now.
    Well That's all. What do you think?
    Last edited by Zasz; September 22, 2012 at 08:41 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The war of 400 years ago and the future one

Tartaros was said to be the weakest of big 3 Dark Guilds in the Oracion Seis Arc. Maybe they improved in 7 years or hid their strongest members and the mages who were so strong (they were one of 3 best Dark Guilds so they had to be strong) were just simple soldiers (like Jet/Droy in FT), and the strongest ones are all Gildarts and above level, but it's hiighly doubtful.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Theory is very well supported, and even though you've created it with what has happened so far,I believe most of what you said is actually what happened. The only question from here on is the dragon king will have a dragon slayer so i'm positive we'll be seeing more dragon slayers.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Tartaros was said to be the weakest of big 3 Dark Guilds in the Oracion Seis Arc. Maybe they improved in 7 years or hid their strongest members and the mages who were so strong (they were one of 3 best Dark Guilds so they had to be strong) were just simple soldiers (like Jet/Droy in FT), and the strongest ones are all Gildarts and above level, but it's hiighly doubtful.
    You sure that it is said clearly that Tartaros is the weakest?
    Since it hasn't been introduced yet, I suppose that it must be the strongest guild in the Balam Alliance.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    You sure that it is said clearly that Tartaros is the weakest?
    Since it hasn't been introduced yet, I suppose that it must be the strongest guild in the Balam Alliance.
    Yeah, it is. I mean, it's said it WAS. It had few years to improve or, as I said, they hid their members. If someone as strong as Sabertooth could improve from being unknown to being pretty strong guild (strongest blah blah) then what could known dark guild do? Their name is really suggestive. I think that may be linked to demons. What I don't know is, to what extent?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it is. I mean, it's said it WAS. It had few years to improve or, as I said, they hid their members. If someone as strong as Sabertooth could improve from being unknown to being pretty strong guild (strongest blah blah) then what could known dark guild do? Their name is really suggestive. I think that may be linked to demons. What I don't know is, to what extent?
    Sorry for being importunate, but could you link me the page in which it is said? Recently I've re-read the volumes of the series that I have in my possession and I don't remember it being said anywhere.
    Anyway yes, it's because of the name of the guild that I thought about the demons.
    Tartaros is a word that in the Greek Myth indicates the underground place in which the Titans (not properly demons, but in any case something similar) were sealed away by Zeus.
    So if my theory is right, the name could fit.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for being importunate, but could you link me the page in which it is said? Recently I've re-read the volumes of the series that I have in my possession and I don't remember it being said anywhere.
    I don't really have time for this now, maybe later. I guess it was said when Grimoire Heart's was called strongest out of Balam Alliance. And that alone would indicate Tartaros was the weakest, considering the fact only Grimoire and Tartaros were left then. xd

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really have time for this now, maybe later. I guess it was said when Grimoire Heart's was called strongest out of Balam Alliance. And that alone would indicate Tartaros was the weakest, considering the fact only Grimoire and Tartaros were left then. xd
    What an idiot I am; you're right, now i remembered it. XD
    It was said by Levy to Gajeel when the two of them were surrounded by Yomazu and Kawazu.
    In any case Tartaros could have mantained a low profile in order to proceed with the plan that I said in my theory.
    But obviously all those are just my speculations for now.
    Last edited by Zasz; September 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it was ever said tartarus was the weakest dark guild. I remember grimmoire heart being the strongest but tartarus' position was never actually explained in regards to either one of the others.

The demon king thing is plausible although as it is it has yet to be elaborated upon. I do wonder where acknologia would stand in all of this. If there is a dragons vs demons thing then the scenario would be that acknologia for whatever reason sided with the demons. If we are talking about demons being enemies and a match for dragons then I wonder if they could also be the god slayers after which the GS take after. Its not like in this case calling them gods or demons would be significantly different. Your theory does not quite address just what the gate is and its relationship to stellar spirits though, those are extremely crucial links here.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think it was ever said tartarus was the weakest dark guild. I remember grimmoire heart being the strongest but tartarus' position was never actually explained in regards to either one of the others.

The demon king thing is plausible although as it is it has yet to be elaborated upon. I do wonder where acknologia would stand in all of this. If there is a dragons vs demons thing then the scenario would be that acknologia for whatever reason sided with the demons. If we are talking about demons being enemies and a match for dragons then I wonder if they could also be the god slayers after which the GS take after. Its not like in this case calling them gods or demons would be significantly different. Your theory does not quite address just what the gate is and its relationship to stellar spirits though, those are extremely crucial links here.
    I didn't write anything about Acnologia and the gate related to the Eclipse plan, because otherwise the message would have become too long. XD
    In any case that's what I think about them:
    Acnologia, as you pointed out, may very well be a renegade Dragon, who for some reason discussed violently with the other dragons about a hot topic.
    For what we have have seen until now I presume that Acnologia is prideful of his stat of dragon and so, after the other dragons begun teaching the dragon slaying magic to creatures that he considered inferior, he started giving sign of discontent, which led him to commit very violent acts.
    For such behaviour he has been exiled by the Dragon King; thus he sided with the demons.
    About the gate, I think that more than to the celestial spirits, it is more linked to the mages who summon them.
    With this I want to say that the dark side of the "One Magic" can be pulled out from that gate by a mage capable of gather the magic from other dimensions, by merging with it; this would explain why the girl from the future (who I think is Lucy) has the same dark aura of Zeref.
    By the way I think that beyond the gate there is nothing but a kind of storage dimension, which works like a seal.
    Probably Arcadios considers this magic beneficial to the world, considering its power, but in reality (always on my opinion) he's been brainwashed by someone from Tartaros with the convinction of being the number one servant of Zeref (like happened with Gerard) or some kind of savior of the humankind.
    In conclusion, the demons, possessing great magical power and longevity, in the world of FT may be considered beings similar to Gods.
    And the fact that the God Slaying magic is characterized by a color which reminds the darkness, could be a confirmation about the fact that these two races are in reality just one.
    But obviously what I written here and above is just speculation for now.
    Last edited by Zasz; September 25, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, let's say that the theory I am about to expose is a crazy one since there aren't clear proofs to confirm it, but I want to share it anyway with you all in order to see if someone else had my same thoughts.
    Here we go: We know that this war has been very bloody and that it involved the whole world and thus all the people who inhabitate it (as if it isn't obvious. XD), driving the Nirvit to create Nirvana, a magic which in their opinion could have stopped the war by converting the darkness in the souls of people in light, with however the results that we all know.
    Now let us pass to the factions who fought against each other in this war; In fact I think that those two were guided respectively by the Dragon King and the Demon King (yeah pretty clichè. XD)
    Obviously the main soldiers of both sides were the lesser dragons and demons, but beetween them there were also humans, who according to their good or evil nature, decided to join one of the two parties.
    The first ones became Dragon Slayers while the other ones became powerful magicians by receiving the great power of the Demon King, which in my opinion is a part (Darkness-Hatred) of the so-called "One Magic" (since the other half could represent the "Light-Love" Lucy spoke about).
    Beetween the DS only three, despite being young, became prominent figures in the Dragons' army...and guess about who I am talking? Yes, Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy.
    Instead in the Demons' army the only human who showed an incredible magical power was non other than the black mage Zeref himself, who had the ability to summon an infinite number of demons, thus replenishing continously the troops of the demons.
    At some point, after fierce battles, Natsu was somehow able to make Zeref understand the importance of life and thus the latter decided to live a secluded life on Tenro island and wait for the moment in which Natsu could have destroy him, something that he seems to desire in order to atone for his sins (at least in my opinion).
    Deprived of their infinite supply of troops the demons' army soon collapsed and the Demon King was eventually sealed away underground in a far away land, which no one could ever reach, because almost inaccessible and protected by very strong magical barriers.
    But the seal could be broken by strong magicians who devoted themeselves to the dark side of
    "The One Magic", even though this process would have taken many years to work or even centuries.
    In order to prevent this the dragons decided to put in a sort of hibernation Natsu and the others, since they showed great capabilities and heart; Thus they would have been reawakened when the time was right (the actual timeline, so that, even if still young, they could improve further their abilities).
    In order to ensure the safety of the seal, the other humans decided to create organizations that in the future would have gathered and trained humans in the use of magic, which could enable them to fight back the demons: the Light Guilds.
    Unfortunately the same example was followed by the few survivors of the demons' army, who started to create the Dark Guilds, whose leading one was the strongest: Tartaros.
    I think that this is the only Dark Guild that treasure its primary objective: resurrecting the Demon King and this is why someday our heroes of FT will have to fight against it to prevent this.
    Anyway In the recent chapters I think that the future we have seen briefly, was caused by the clash beetween dragons and demons, and it provoked the deaths of many people, as Levy (presumibly in the future) said.
    In little words I think that the Eclipse plan is just one of the prerequisite to dissolve the seal that is binding the Demon King, since opening it would spread "The Dark One Magic" in the whole world and from Rustyrose words we know what it would cause.
    So thinking this, it is very likely that the seal would be weakened.
    Obviously Arcadios would be nothing but a puppet in the hands of a Tartaros' member.
    About the Dragon Festival, I think it might be some kind of war council of the dragons, in which they all meet, but I guess I am fantasyzing too much now.
    Well That's all. What do you think?

DUDE!!! It took me so long to read your post! Your avatar emoticon keeps distracting me LOL...

anyway, great theory! I like the idea that Tartaros, the name says it all. I mentioned before that I bet Mashima will bring Pagan Gods to the story.

Why not right?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shnugin View Post
    DUDE!!! It took me so long to read your post! Your avatar emoticon keeps distracting me LOL...

anyway, great theory! I like the idea that Tartaros, the name says it all. I mentioned before that I bet Mashima will bring Pagan Gods to the story.

Why not right?
    Ahahahahaha, sorry for distracting you with my avatar. XD
    Anyway thank you for approving my theory, however now half of what I said in my first post has been, how can I say this.......Ah, yes........thrown into the flush.
    If you read the last chapter you will understand why; even tough some things I theoryzed were true.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think 400 years ago the war ended with human death, and no future for them; Then Mavis came & re-wrote human future using "Lumen Histoire". After all Mashima did use this idea before and he might do it again.

In current Arc traveling to a time to kill Zeref is travelling at least more than 400 years back, because in between there is no world for humans ..a parallel world.
    Dreyar Style

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I think 400 years ago the war ended with human death, and no future for them; Then Mavis came & re-wrote human future using "Lumen Histoire". After all Mashima did use this idea before and he might do it again.

In current Arc traveling to a time to kill Zeref is travelling at least more than 400 years back, because in between there is no world for humans ..a parallel world.
    I've already thought about this solution, but to me it would be just a repetition from the author.
    I hope this time-travelling thingy will just be used in the current arc and not in the future ones.

New Reply