Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 38 Discussion / 39 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin 38 Discussion / 39 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin~

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    -

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 38 Spoiler Thread

- Shingeki no Kyojin #38 Raw: Click Here

- Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou #07 Raw: Click Here

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    -

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aldrich's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, you're right. I've just read the chapter.

Spoiler: Chapter stuffs show

Spoiler: Thoughts show
    Last edited by Knifeshade; October 09, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
    -

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 38 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Ah, you're right. I've just read the chapter.

Spoiler: Chapter stuffs show

Spoiler: Thoughts show
    Spoiler show
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Hamy; October 10, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The story is heading in a pretty dangerous direction and the next few chapters are going to be crucial to determine whether the story continues to be excellent or degrades back into the pack due to questionable plot reveals.

The obvious assumption is that all the members of Connie's village were turned into the titans since the wall does not appear to have been breached, but that raises a lot of issues:

1) How was the entire village transformed almost simultaneously? (If it was not, then there would be dead bodies/missing horses)

2) Why haven't we seen this before? Why transform people now when they previously just gathered the mindless titans to eat people?

3) Why are Eren/Annie/the other special titan's transformed forms different?

I am kind of hoping that this is just a smokescreen because I'm not sure there are satisfactory answers to those questions and I'd take mystery over a poorly executed reveal.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; October 10, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Aldrich's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

1)Maybe that village was infested by the titan mutagen, whether through a gas or a liquid put in the well and the transformation was triggered by the Ape Titan. He seems to have some sort of control over inferior titans, there's a lot of things that are unclear for the moment about the workings of titans, their origins and their powers, so it's pretty pointless to already decide something doesn't make sense.

2)Because this isn't the work of the human-titan rogue faction that previously destroyed the walls, this is obviously that Ape Titan thing who's responsible for this. He's not part of the conspiracy Annie, Reiner and the colossal titan belong to, he comes from outside the walls and has a different agenda. What this agenda is remains to be seen.

3)What transformed form? You mean why can they stay in control? Knowledge and training I guess, keep in mind Eren nearly lost himself the second time he transformed and without Armin he probably would have become a mindless maneating titan as well.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 38 Discussion / 39 Predictions

Oh man, stop with this, i want answers!
    The scene of the titan speaking with Connie was awesome, their expressions...
    And i think Reine noted that Ymir had some strange since their first met, and the scene of him speaking with her about the characters was awesome too.

I agree with Aldrich, maybe the Ape Titan triggered their transformation somehow, the villages were contamined in the time that Connie was training.

2)I don't know, the Ape Titan is from outside, we don't know how many years he has, he could has transformed those people for distraction.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone been following the clock?

Thought it was weird and amusing to see Eren riding a horse and then two hours later he's totally useless.

It's been roughly ~9 hours from the time Big Foot scaled the walls, to when Eren and company reached Hermiha District. Big Foot's probably long gone by now, and next chapter we'll probably see Eren's group meet up with the guys who got ambushed. I think they'll survive (barely). if only because Ymir and Christa are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy
    Well this chapter pretty much confirmed that the Ymir from the side chapter is most likely the same Ymir we see in the scouting legion, what is interesting though is why would Castle Utgarde be known by Hanji and moreover why would a castle located remotely have provisions that are most likely reserved for people who seem to be in the know (after all why should there be a canned good written in a language that clearly seems alien to commoners like Ryner).
    Royalty? And being affiliated with them, I guess. Or just something super top-secret. Sort of explains how Hanji knows if it was only known amongst the elites. Kind of like when they were capturing Annie and only a handful knew what was truly going on.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    3) Why are Eren/Annie/the other special titan's transformed forms different?
    I think the difference is in how they were transformed (ie: different formulas used). Don't you find it odd how Annie and Eren can transform into 15m high titans each and every single time, but the villagers are all fodder-class titans.
    -

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Royalty? And being affiliated with them, I guess. Or just something super top-secret. Sort of explains how Hanji knows if it was only known amongst the elites. Kind of like when they were capturing Annie and only a handful knew what was truly going on.
    What I am more concerned about is why would canned goods written in what I assume at the moment to be the language of royalty or whatever language the ones who know the truth use, I'll assume its that because somehow I doubt they'd be using the vernacular to write the secrets of the wall. Since Ymir doesn't appear to be an outsider, and if it is indeed the same Ymir mentioned in the side chapter its still definitely a person residing behind the wall, it and it connected to the truth I'll assume its the very same odd language (then again its still flimsy that she wouldn't wonder how such goods ended up there written in a language not known to many - guess we could give it the benefit of the doubt that just like she read the label she was just caught off guard and not thinking on her toes being hungry and all from the several hours of riding).

Its just that without explanation of how such goods ended up there given how they appear to be pretty incriminating evidence against Ymir it would just be too convenient a twist if somehow damning evidence ended up there, even if it were supposed to be a trap for her it would still be too convenient since I somehow doubt they'd gain access to goods that they wouldn't know how to read because its written in an entirely different language and it would be a pretty shifty plan for obvious reasons. Ymir seems pretty screwed at the moment since the current circumstances will force open the truth I think, just the fact that titans were created from inside the wall with Connie's village is a pretty big revelation for them to discover.

On a side note based on the conversation between Ymir and Ryner does that mean he's into men, since that seems to be the direction he implied XD

Also is it just me or are we having titans manufactured to you know bypass the protection of the wall? I mean we have the colossal titan that is obviously taller than the wall, the armored titan that can just ram and break through the wall, and now we have the ape titan whose limbs are long enough to allow him to scale the wall...
    Last edited by Hamy; October 10, 2012 at 09:43 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

female titan Ymir heheh i hope so cause she always follows christa who has connections to the titans in the wal,, this damn 104th trainees are some special people hehe

and poor connie all the people in the village becomes titans

maybe that hairy titan is somekind of a titan disease spreader hehe

that hairy titan cant open that wall cause even the largest titan can only open the wall by kicking the gate, maybe he has some other ways or motive by climbing up there

this is one exciting manga

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A nice revealing chapter...that gave us even more things to think about.

So with this we can assume that Ymir knows a lot more than other people. At first it felt like Ymir wanted Connie to stop talking about the topic because she doesn't want him to put the pieces together and find out, but then I guess we can think that she wanted him to just forget about it to make him feel better, but that doesn't make sense since from what we've seen from Ymir she doesn't seem like that kind of person, so maybe she does know. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post

On a side note based on the conversation between Ymir and Ryner does that mean he's into men, since that seems to be the direction he implied XD

Also is it just me or are we having titans manufactured to you know bypass the protection of the wall? I mean we have the colossal titan that is obviously taller than the wall, the armored titan that can just ram and break through the wall, and now we have the ape titan whose limbs are long enough to allow him to scale the wall...
    Lol, I thought the same thing when I read it. xD

Titan's evolution? Everyone (or just me) are thinking that humans made titans all those years ago, maybe there are people out there that are helping create titans to get past the wall. Maybe we'll learn more once we get to see that basement, which seems like it'll be forever until we see it. >_>

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast