Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Well this anime is definetly fast paced given we're already in the 30's in chapter material

I really liked this episode though, Morgiana made me loose my shit in the begining (god I love her XD) and the flashback appeared nicely executed, I'm not sure what was left out but I have to say they did a pretty decent job. Alibaba's story though kinda reminds me a bit of Itsuwaribito's protagonist... in that I seriously need to track down the rest of its volumes XD in the fact that both kinda get a palace screwed over, in which Alibaba's is more sad because his friend was the one to backstab him and the king's last sight before death was seeing his place get raided. (Damn someway to go)

Kassiam better have a good story for himself because he's definetly within asshole territory at the momment...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

More awesome graphics from tumblr:
    Spoiler show

I LOVE MORGIANA!

Also, Uriel, I strongly recommend not browsing tumblr until you've read the manga. While most of it is fanart picspam, it still has mostly characters you haven't been introduced to yet. And when you have read the manga, install Tumblr Savior so you can save yourself from things you don't like. :'D

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    THANKS! Love you, nii *-*
    Why? Kassim is the sorrowful hero? Sounds like the final boss instead.
    Glad to be of service Uri *~*
    Sorrowful hero? Not like that, he's more of a tragic character. I don't want to spoil you so just see for yourself

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest the most anticipated scene from Balbadd Arc to be animated for me is:

Spoiler: Off-limit to Anime-only guys show

Can't wait

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, its going off again... the 'shit's about to go down' radar is riniging loud.

Manga wise I read up to the part when Sinbad challenged alibaba, and I have to say I'm impressed Sinbad managed to hold his own while being surrounded in flames as Alibaba attacked him. I also have to say this: Sinbad is one crazy f***er, I was laughing the whole time he was telling Jafar (jufar? IDK) that he'd join the fog troupe. I pretty much figured things wouldn't go smoothly just given the fact kassam was there, but then this dude with the black magi shows up (from what I can assume has some sort of Hisoka thing going on with Aladdin) and the fact that EVERYONE IN TOWN is there just seems to scream things ending horribly... or at the very least getting very messy.

Well I'll read my one chapter preview so I'll soon get something of an Idea as to whats about to happen, but all in all good episode

8.5/10

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

good episode!
    I'm not sure if they skipped a lot again since I'm not re-reading that arc recently. But for me the whole episode seems to be short (or is it because the video doesn't need to buffer from time to time ), I was like.. wanting to see more of the story. And I thought Judal will be on the spotlight of this episode!

Sinbad and Ja'Far are really funny, and Masrur is sooo awesome! Because of Kassim and Ja'Far's voices that I imagined of Lelouch and Suzaku from Code Geass

Spoiler show

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The next episode will be beyond epic. Can't wait.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, this is more and more exciting.

I finally gave in. What site you recommend to read the manga, since it's unavailable in my country? One that has the best translation more than the quality of the scan, if possible.

Batoto obviously is the best online reader. The translation quality is fine, since Magi has been handled by several of the best translators out there. - Doraku
    Last edited by Doraku; December 03, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Is there a best site? I've just been reading from mangahere and I haven't had too many issues though if theres someplace better, please tell me!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

why not try sense-scans.com? I trust them when it comes to Magi translation plus the quality of scanlation (or the editing) is really good. I've been also reading the said manga at Mangareader.net

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to suggest the same thing. Can't go wrong with reading it on Sense's website.

I finally found some decent free time to start watching the anime, and I've watched up to 5 episodes now.

A-1 has done a really good job at animating this. Even though I know they cut out a lot, I think the anime stands up on its own really well. To be honest I'm glad they made Alibaba and Aladdin's friendship more straightforward than how its done in the manga. It makes sense. The VAs are really incredible, and Alibaba's voice was a pleasant surprise since I assumed they were going to give him a voice that was too high-pitched.

Morgiana was done well too. I know its weird that even though she's REALLY DAMN STRONG she didn't think of using it when she tried to save that girl in episode one, but it made sense to me. See, Morgiana as a slave had no sense of self-worth, and considering Jamil's treatment of her I'm sure she was used to turning her strength and raw power "on" and "off" as he saw fit. She didn't think she could use her power for herself, so when she got trapped by the flower she probably just gave up.

The Kouga episodes were great too, I was worried they were going to make Hakuei look like a damsel in distress, but they crafted the situation so you understand that normally she's capable of being quite the badass. Her struggle to maintain power was just as captivating and interesting as it was when I read it in the manga. Also, Paimon was hot.

So yeah, I'm enjoying watching the anime, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone either. Lets hope A-1 can continue to deliver for the rest of the Balbadd Arc.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Next week, next week... I so can't wait

And Masrur was epic there

Spoiler show

And they're covering the comedic moments really well

Spoiler show

As Tee said, so far I'm pretty happy with the anime. Would have liked to see less stuff left out but I can live with that. All I care about now is that they make the next episode as epic as possible, it's finally the moment that made me fall totally in love with magi

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm reading the manga up to this chapter and I have to say I like how the anime were handled. To be honest if the pacing weren't that fast I wouldn't be hooked so quick into it. I really like the manga, but it's slow to be caught.

I'll avoid though to read the next chapter until I see the anime episode so I don't spoil myself, more if I read that next chapter should be epic

PS: Reading the manga has making a bit clearer some stuff. And the name of the Dungeons are always the name of the Djinns, right? Sinbad is actually WAY more interesting now. Some of the cultural references of his Djinns are quite cool.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

22. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, I'm reading the manga up to this chapter and I have to say I like how the anime were handled. To be honest if the pacing weren't that fast I wouldn't be hooked so quick into it. I really like the manga, but it's slow to be caught.

I'll avoid though to read the next chapter until I see the anime episode so I don't spoil myself, more if I read that next chapter should be epic

PS: Reading the manga has making a bit clearer some stuff. And the name of the Dungeons are always the name of the Djinns, right? Sinbad is actually WAY more interesting now. Some of the cultural references of his Djinns are quite cool.
    So your started the manga, Uriel. I hope you make it to the last chapter of Balbadd Arc to see Cassim's greatness

Btw, about Djinns, i'm sure a lot of you know but i'm going to give you the link of the Ars Goetia, from this information Shinobu has researched to make her Djinns. It's in spanish, so you have to select you option and then change it to english.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast