Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Misting's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Whaaat? That does sound way too early.

Tbh I'm actually hoping that they make it completely anime original and don't mess around with the source material. There really is no point to follow the manga anymore.

Plus I'm really hoping for a remake anyway... For now I've chosen to regard the anime as a different series from the manga, just like I've done with the first FMA anime. But man, even the first FMA anime was at least decent, and had some really nice animation and soundtrack. If only Bones picked up Magi...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Namiz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point I'm only wishing for a complete remake. I really can't see a second season with how much they fucked up the adaption but other than that, my nightmare comes true They really don't want to let Magi sleeps in peace. I only hope that at least Sindbad no Bouken follows closely to the manga. And can anyone fired Yoshino Hiroyuki already? That guy cannot write a good story. It's really not A-1 fault here that Magi failed to have a good adaption.
    Last edited by Namiz; March 31, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the creator writer of this manga series and it USA publisher. I read today on ANN website that Madhouse screwed up the anime of this series.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A second season? What's that, how do they want to continue the anime after the fucked up the original manga story so much? D:

Black Rukh is assembling within me, just why? is there nothing we can do against this cruel fate?

oh well, I have slight hopes that they will somehow adapt the next parts of the story faithfully and just ignore the crap they did beforehand. Let's all pray for the best.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    But I really had a bad feeling about this sequel. Judging from what they have done with the Zagan and Sindira Arcs, plus with the overly-messed-up-animations, I think they're going to omit a lot of things before coming to Magnostadt arc, and mess up again.
    Well, if they keep diverging from the manga, at least it will increase the chances of a remake down the line. Hopefully Magi can become popular enough to justify it, even though expecting the same treatment FMA received is probably unrealistic.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Who does A-1 think they are?!
    I hope they at least change the director..
    And it seems they plan to go to Magnostadt?
    It horrifies me. How are they even going to get to Magnostadt within one season? I hate how they followed the plot some parts and decided to completely change characters, not to mention some things don't even make sense. And this turns out to be all for no reason?
    What the...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does everyone keep referring to Alibaba as Sinbad? Did they change they names for the anime or something?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

What is this Alibaba no Bokuen? Is there a new manga??? If so please link me to that news!!!

Back to the topic, Magnostadt is a crucial and rather sensitive arc, as well as the Pirates Arc,i think (if they're going to add the Pirates arc). I wonder how they will adapt it to the anime. I just hope they won't screw everything with f***ing censorship. And of course, there are also other important things needed before the Magnostadt arc starts.

And if the storyline will be changed AGAIN with the SAME story composition done by Hiroyuki-whatsoever, then please, its better for Magi not to have the second season. I wonder what does Ohtaka-sensei feels after seeing her great manga ruined in the anime

Edit:
    The hell, why is Ali's name kept on changing to Sin's name whenever i post???
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; April 02, 2013 at 04:40 AM.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Namiz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A part of me was pissed at A-1 for doing this but another part of me was a little bit happy because I can finally be able to watch my Kou empire's princes and princesses in full action (Also the soap opera of the Ren family) Also Hakuryuu's full Djinn equip in motion is always welcome . But if I got to choose I wish they never announced the second season at all ...unless they change a new writer......

About the problem with Alibaba name being change from Sinbad and vice versa, first I must apologized for my post above. You see I don't think it was a typo if anyone read Ali baba no Bouken instead of Sindbad. I thought so at first so I tried to edit it but if you click on the edit button, there was no typo but the mistake was there when you exit. I could only edit my post when I added the d to Sindbad name to make it look like it's not the right spelling. A part of me is thinking this is an early April's Fool joke.
    Last edited by Namiz; March 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So i was right... I posted one too and Sin's name changed to Ali's, while Aladin's name changed to Kassim... It's already April here though. I thought something was wrong with the phone I'm using or with the website.
    ---------------

Just finished watching the last episode. and...

Spoiler: Oh thank goodness it finally ended.. but wait! show
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; April 01, 2013 at 07:57 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

In all honesty I loved this final episode.
    Spoiler show

While this adaptation does have weaknesses, it's not an abomination and I definitely enjoyed watching it a lot and I'm going to miss the weekly Magi episode.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually didnt dislike the anime so much until that war stuff. Complete garbage, specially have read the manga before.

I wanted so much to see Aladddin in Magnostadt :

Hope this year april's fool goes to the year book too xD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

(oh I see here, Judal's name changes to Scherry's name)
    Well, I'm glad I get to see the Kou siblings animated if there's a second season
    Even if it doesn't seem like a good idea..
    I thought Yunan had white hair, not blonde.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

No... hopefully they could change the studio that will handle the second season even though it's kind of not possible. A-1 is a good animation studio, at least to some funny fluffy scenes in the anime. They already made their part, but at episodes 16, 18, and the rest up to episode 24, I must say, I think they can't properly handle or animate huge battle and fighting scenes in a smooth and flawless manner anymore cough like FT cough. Episodes 1 and 15 and 17 and Mor's fighting scenes are exceptional for me . Another thing that I really want to change for Magi anime, that certain staff that handles the series composition.

And i remember something from tumblr...Why would they even bother cut a lot of scenes from the manga and compress everything if they're going to make a second season in the end?
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; April 02, 2013 at 08:25 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Medliel's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally watched the ep. with subs:
    Spoiler show

I think there’s little chance that another studio will do the sequel, but I hope that at least they’ll change the screenwriter.

New Reply
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast