Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Kawaii Neko 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

The final episode really wasn't anywhere as bad as I expected. They managed to include every important scene (Dunya's knight appearing in white rukh, hinting at the fact that Cassim's rukh is a part of Alibaba now) and I'm willing to forgive them, if they do the manga more justice in the second season.

And these preview pictures

Spoiler show

Scherry, Mogamett, Kouen, Yunan and I suppose Ren Gokuen, our possible archenemy... she's the only one whose preview was bad as she looks waaaaaay too nice.

So far, A-1 has covered 111 chapters, which means right now there are 68 chapters left to animate. The anime is airing in fall (october) though, by that time we will have approxiametely 92 chapters left for animation. That's definitely enough for a second two-cour season because we shouldn't forget how they rushed through the first 111 chapters, so much that it was silly at times. If they go a bit slower, what I seriously hope for, they have more than enough material. Please just don't more extreme changes to the story

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    And i remember something from tumblr...Why would they even bother cut a lot of scenes from the manga and compress everything if they're going to make a second season in the end?
    The most likely reason is that a second season wasn't planned right from the start. After sales of the manga went up a lot and they saw the anime got good ratings they probably saw the golden cow that they can milk a lot more money out of if they continue. They didn't destroy the possibility of a continuation with the changes they made so I'm pretty sure most of it depended on the first seasons success.
    It's a shame they changed so much, up to the point were some characters were ruined and important scenes left out but in the end, a continuation might not be so bad as long as they stay faithful to the manga this time.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member misterchaos's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know the OST that is played throughout the anime, last time i heard it it was in the final epsiode right after Sinbad kills Isnan using Focalor, alibaba and alladin appear in a city in ruins and the music kicks in.
    A pure arabic song, it looks like a woman screaming in pain from her teeth( xD as funny it may sound).
    Searching for days and i cant find it T_T ....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

In the end I watched the last episode and well, it wasn't so bad, considering that they put in Koen, Mogamett, Sherry and the others.
    Still I don't understand why they changed so much the story when they could have followed it with ease...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misterchaos View Post
    Does anybody know the OST that is played throughout the anime, last time i heard it it was in the final epsiode right after Sinbad kills Isnan using Focalor, alibaba and alladin appear in a city in ruins and the music kicks in.
    A pure arabic song, it looks like a woman screaming in pain from her teeth( xD as funny it may sound).
    If the OST containing this particular track is still not released in the stores, then it's no use searching the net.

Quote Quote:
    Still I don't understand why they changed so much the story when they could have followed it with ease...
    I like to think they simply wanted to offer a "grand finale" with a "huge epic final battle".

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to the Magi board. I watched the anime before checking out the manga. But anyway, is there an explanation as to why Ithnan killed Banker in the anime? I always thought that there would be an explanation to it only to realize that it is totally different in the manga.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by misterchaos View Post

I think that OST will be included to the vol.2 of the Magi soundtrack CD.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I saw the final episode and it wasn't as bad as I feared, however still don't think it overturns the BS near the end to build up their 'climatic ending' and I'm still going to ignore season 2 minus the fights

Spoiler show

I suppose I can assume A-1 didn't think they'd get a season 2, but this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'll honestly say that despite me hating the SHIT out of it's ending, I still like A-1's Ao no Exorcist much more because I enjoyed alot more episodes before it got to the major changes, and I acctually read the manga for that too.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi Sequel Listed as "Opening" This Fall

Quote Quote:
    Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine listed the sequel to A-1 Pictures' Magi television anime as "opening" this fall, as opposed to "airing." "Opening" is the term normally used for film releases. The final episode of the Magi television anime series aired in March with the announcement that a sequel was green-lit, but did not indicate how the sequel will be released. The story's setting will take place in Magnostadt.
    Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ning-this-fall

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Kawaii Neko 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if I would like a film there's no way they can show the story before Magnostadt + the whole Magnostadt arc in a 2 hour long film, the arc isn't even finished yet. I could imagine a film solely based on Magnostadt and ignoring/leaving out everything that happened before. Would be kinda weird and only worth watching for the people already reading the manga if you ask me. I don't want A-1 to fuck up the story even more so I would definitely prefer an anime <__<

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Please A-1 stop already...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You forget that there still is the arc with the pirates and there can be a few good filler episodes about some of the adventures that they had while traveling to their destinations and then there is the small arc where Alibaba gets to empire to train. I'm trying to be optimistic here and hope that they stay true to the manga as much as possible without making any dumb changes. Personally I did like how they made Alibaba become a black king because it did add some of the "what if" that a lot of people were thinking of and lets face it he looked pretty cool

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...I guess all I can say at this point is that I hope Magi keeps up it's popularity and gets a reboot adaptation several years down the line like we got with HxH and FMA... Although if A-1 gets Nanatsu no Taizai, Akame ga Kill, Sengoku Youko, or AssClass I will literally go apeshit.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Please A-1 pictures, just leave Magi alone, or better, change that fckng shtty script writer (was the name Hiroyuki whatsoever).

I just can't accept a film adaptation of Magi, I mean seriously, isn 't just way too early?
    I don't think The Magno-arc would be fitted to be adapted in a film. If they made it into an anime, i could see then excluding the Pirates arc, then they might also fit Alibaba's arc at the Reim empire and Morgiana's and Hakuryuu's mini-arcs into one episode just like what they did in the first 3 episodes of Magi. Please, we want a reboot instead...

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Medliel's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t like the idea of a movie. It’s impossible to cover the entire Magnostadt arc, and that would mean they’ll leave out many important parts before that arc.
    I don’t want to see them screw up the story again, let’s hope it’s just a typo and we’ll get another 25 episode long anime adaptation.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I am starting to think that A1 is only good with slice of life.Fairy Tail anime was garbage, they ruined everything wit AnE and now Magi. We need a remake.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

New Reply
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast