Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Link, please?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

And well, some gifs. I'm addicted to do this every series I watch :P

The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not totally fond of the changes they made and the things they skipped but I guess it is okay =/ they probably rush through the early stuff to reach the juice parts as soon as possible, would have preferred it if they would have just stayed true to the original but as far as I recall nothing really important was cut out.

I hope this won't continue for too long though, I don't want to see them rush through everything to fit everything up to the Balbadd arc in 26 episodes or so x___x

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved this episode! At least after watching it a few times xD It's so easy to be bothered by the changes/cuts when you see it the first time xP

First of all, I had a constant eargasm throughout the whole episode! The music is just perfect beyond words!! It really sets the atmosphere of the story. I can't wait for the OST~

The pacing is very good, considering they cut out a LOT from the manga without making it feel rushed. Of course, there are lots of scenes I love from the manga that I missed in the anime(like most of the yay/fun/adventure-tiem!!1 moments with Aladdin and Alibaba </3), but I have to say that some moments just work better in a manga than in an anime... and vice-versa! One of my favorite moments of the episode was Morgiana's vision of being without chains in Carthago. The animation and music made it a very beautiful and emotional scene. And when Alibaba and Aladdin went into the "Solomon Room" (in lack of better definiton ) at the end... gaaah, I looove it!

Other things I loved; the colours, detalied backgrounds, voices (Aladdin's voice is growing on me.. it fits him after all ), and the scene with Aladdin and Morgiana.. it's the cutest thing ever!

If I remember correctly, the anime staff said that most changes in Magi will occur in the first 5 or so episodes, but after that they will follow the manga closely But I'm not very worried about future changes, as I'm very pleased with the work they've done so far! Okay, I am a little prejudiced against that "anime original" character that will show up at some part.. but I'll try to keep an open mind lol
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Changes? Woah. As an anime-only watcher, it seemed quite fluid to me :O
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, another anime only watcher here, ok not really, I haven't caught up to the manga but instead I'm watching the episode first then reading the corresponding chapters to spot changes.

having seen everything from episode 1, I have to say I don't mind the cuts, the first episode moved quite fluidly if you ask me and thats something I RARELY say about shounen anime adaptions. Hell not even HxH's first few episodes flowed this well, it took a bunch of episodes to get on a steady pace.

I did notice chapter one really made it seem like aladin was the #1 while alibaba was the #2 in MCs (which even without reading the manga I took it as that cause I like Aladdin a tad bit more than alibaba) and he sorta had this romance dawn thing going for him but I didn't exactly see anything major. Probably a conversation later between Aladin and Alibaba on something I forgot but I really like how the first two episodes progressed.

As for the current episode, it was nice to see some action and what Alibaba could do. don't take offense of me liking aladin more, I just like goofy characters, but Alibaba has shown to be considerably resourceful, especially in the fire chamber(?) where he danced around the whirlwinds and got back to aladin at the end. One of the reasons I like Aladin is because I kind of like characters like him. To me he seems like this odd mixture of Gash from 'konjiki no gash bell' and Gon from HxH...well without the true neutral trait, with some funny perversion added to him. While I think that part works because he's a kid, I like how he genuinly tried to cheer Monga up(did I get that name right?) and had the conversation on her homeland. Speaking of which I get the feeling I'm really going to like this girl, Her appearance strikes me as the quiet and cool badass type, and if the OP and ED animations don't decive me, I may like all three of the characters equally like the strawhats or the crew in HxH and Yu Yu Hakusho. which is great. I haven't read the chapers yet so I'll comment on any deviations later.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's more than 4 chapters per episode so there are some necessary cut. The main ones here is the entrance and the slimes enemies. Maybe the dongeon itself was a bit quickly explained hence it may not appear as fearful as it was. It's also here that Ali Baba becomes a more serious character, until now it was all about Alladin. You don't see it that much in one episode though.
    Also the slave boss was rather quickly introduced but at least the stabbing were not cut.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Changes? Woah. As an anime-only watcher, it seemed quite fluid to me :O
    Well one of the biggest problems for me is that they cut out the whole Alibaba/Aladdin development. At first Alibaba sees him as someone annoying who he can just use to fulfill his dream of clearing a dungeon. Only later, around the part the anime is reaching now, he starts to see him as a friend. In the anime it looks like they're buddies after like the first 10 minutes or so, didn't like that

I can live with the changes k-dom mentioned and random stuff like the flames instead of barbed walls (probably to make it look more flashy ) but cuting character development or relationship development is something I really dislike. For me it was like "Yay, Ali finally sees him as friend now " while it will have way less impact for the people only watching the anime =/

Anyway, I will stop my rant here. The rest was done great so if relory is right and they will stay close to the manga after the start then I'm happy

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that the anime was seemed rushed...

I know that they need to cut some unnecessary scenes from the manga, but I think the dungeon diving weren't fully explained in the anime.
    The theme of the current episode was rather more serious than on the manga. In addition, I wonder why they replaced the falling spear-like or those huge needles with fire? Is it some kind of censorship?

BTW, I love that background music when Alibaba and Aladdin entered the dungeon :>

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't remember very well how the dungeon exploration unfolded in the manga so I don't know if the changes are good or bad, but what I'm sure of is that I enjoyed this second episode a lot.
    On another note the opening is growing more and more on me, the musics in general are a total success.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright having read the chapters corresponding with episode 2, I have to say I get what they did, but I'm a tad saddened they skipped out on Alladin talking alibaba out of just waltzing in a random room, its small momments like that which help make characters like him not be a complete dumbass, which while reading and watching overall I think aladin is a bit wiser than he leads on to be. maybe not particularly quick thinking or a genius, just wise.

Otherwise I can't really say I hold the anime or manga against anything major, except that the mood was a bit more light hearted in the manga before the sherif showed up whereas the anime made it tensful from the get go, but as long as it dosn't get the beelzebub adaption levels in mood I'm fine. I also have to say I was impressed by alibaba in both versions I was seriously thinking "how in the living hell did he survive that?" when I saw those scenes, though I think I like the anime version of it a bit more. Adversly for morgania's scene I think I like it more in the manga simply because she took some inititive to try and recapture aladin where as in the anime she dazes off at aladin's perposal while Sherif had to snap her back into it. Acctually in that regard its a bit debatable when you think about it but meh, apples and oranges I suppose.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

EDIT
    Those who know me should have seen this comming

Last edited by thatguy3331; October 16, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well one of the biggest problems for me is that they cut out the whole Alibaba/Aladdin development. At first Alibaba sees him as someone annoying who he can just use to fulfill his dream of clearing a dungeon. Only later, around the part the anime is reaching now, he starts to see him as a friend. In the anime it looks like they're buddies after like the first 10 minutes or so, didn't like that

I can live with the changes k-dom mentioned and random stuff like the flames instead of barbed walls (probably to make it look more flashy ) but cuting character development or relationship development is something I really dislike. For me it was like "Yay, Ali finally sees him as friend now " while it will have way less impact for the people only watching the anime =/

Anyway, I will stop my rant here. The rest was done great so if relory is right and they will stay close to the manga after the start then I'm happy

I agree it feels rushed they they are leaving out parts I wanted to see, like Alibaba. They make him look like a saint just trying to help Alliddan but in the manga he had his own agenda, he wanted to clear the dungeon for wealth.
    Devour this Manga

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi's 1st Blu-ray to Bundle Exclusive Sinbad Manga

Quote Quote:
    The Japanese retail site Neowing reports that the first limited-edition Blu-ray Disc for the anime series Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic will bundle a 70-page prototype manga titled Sinbad no Bōken (The Adventures of Sinbad). The manga is a collaboration between Magi creator Shinobu Ohtaka and artist Yoshifumi Ōtera.

The limited first pressing of the first Blu-ray Disc volume will ship on January 30. Along with the first two episodes on a single disc and the manga, it will include a disc of bonus content with a digest video and a making-of video for the "Maharajan Eve" event, as well as textless opening and ending animation sequences. Voice cast members Kaori Ishihara, Yuuki Kaji, and Haruka Tomatsu offer an audio commentary of the first episode. The volume also bundles a mail-away form for advance tickets sales to an April 28 event, 3 Yunan stickers, an 8-page booklet with cast interviews and Magi news, and a jacket drawn by character designer Toshifumi Akai.

The first Blu-ray volume retails for 7,140 yen (about US$90), and there is a separate, less expensive DVD volume with no listed extras.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...e-sinbad-manga

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the first two episodes (which were totally awesome by the way) and was wondering when exactly is it that new episodes are available. The show airs at 17:00 on Sundays right? Shouldn't the next episode be available today then?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The raws are out now it depends on the groups. Last week it was available around that time so be a bit more patient.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

But isn't this show subbed by crunchyroll? Usuallly they release an episode the day it airs. Sorry if I sound impatient, it's just that due to my current living conditions I can only watch anime every so often.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast