Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Solid conclusion, was a bit strange though when everyone somehow knew what positions to assume when it was time to unleash the Extreme Magic, arent they enemies and hadnt fought together before?. Oh well that was a minor part of it. The episode did remind me that Judar and Hakuryu's presence were largely downscaled this season. I had initially wanted to watch this anime for Judar alone so it was disappointing, but the ride did provide many entertaining new faces, an excellently handled tale of morality through different mindsets, and the opportunity to see a world in which magic was used but not as typically happy go lucky as other writers make it. For that I am glad as it was at times an intellectually stimulating, pleasantly entertaining, emotionally moving anime.

Magi 2 was certainly a more well done attempt at the series than the first season was. The inclusion of more action elements, flashier attacks with high speed lights, and characters embracing unshakable resolve to make them persever even when faced with death, persecution, or just the need to do that which is right propelled it into the upper echelon of action series. Much of this was revealed when the entire Magnoshutatt arc was starting but it stayed on that level through the end. 8/10.

A Storm is Coming To Us All needs to always be played.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

A very satisfying conclusion and a solid episode. The animation was better than before except for some parts. Those of us who read the manga will like this season more because it was more faithful to the manga, but I'm one of the few people out there who liked the first season better. For starters the first season had better animation, of course it's not enough to make up for all the stuff they changed,but if you think about it only the last episodes were really a problem. I kinda preferred the anime's first introduction of Aladdin and Alibaba. The second part of this season had really low quality animation so that kinda killed it for me, especially when it happened at key moments like the Fanalis or Kouha's entrance. Everything felt so grotesque because it was badly animated.Then there's the fact that I didn't like the war at Magnostadt that much, even in the manga.I really liked the Sindria arc and the dungeon diving which Magnostadt obviously lacks, but this is just my preference. The only parts that I really liked were Aladdin's training and all the emotional stuff. But if I were to give this a score, it would be a 8 out of 10, and I'm willing to give a 9 out of 10 just because of the amazing soundtrack.
    If A-1 or any other studio is planning to do a third season, they should follow in the steps of the second season and be more faithful to the source material, and they should spend more budget on the animation.Also is it just me or did they skip the part were Kougyoku is tripping because she saw Sinbad?
    Last edited by ladylola; March 31, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member KugiPunch's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Also is it just me or did they skip the part were Kougyoku is tripping because she saw Sinbad?
    I think they just made it less obvious in the anime. You can see her in the background sorta spaced out, but that's as far as they went with it. I actually see it as a good choice by their part, it will make a certain reveal in the future more shocking for the anime only viewers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I would just like to say that I never read the manga and have been watching the anime since it first aired. Its a fantastic series and I will now be reading the manga since its over. The abilities are badass and its crazy how quickly I got attached to some characters. It's so weird how "cute" Morgianna is, like seriously. I typically dont say things like that, but seriously thats the only way you can describe her! Its so weird! And when she appeared at the end of last weeks episode, with the chains and using new abilities, man it was just so badass.

How far along is the manga from the anime? and where would you recommend to start? Hell I'll just start from chapter 1 since some things were apparently skipped. And while sinbad is a badass, I like Koen more because he switches so many times to different equips. I know sinbad can do that too, but Koen seriously involves his equipping mid-battle moreso, and I find that badass.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riyuki View Post
    How far along is the manga from the anime? and where would you recommend to start? Hell I'll just start from chapter 1 since some things were apparently skipped. And while sinbad is a badass, I like Koen more because he switches so many times to different equips. I know sinbad can do that too, but Koen seriously involves his equipping mid-battle moreso, and I find that badass.
    Not that much really, just a few chapters(20 something). But yeah you should read the manga because it's 10 times more awesome and badass in the manga. You could start over too because some parts were changed in the first season(especially Zagan's arc). The second season is more faithful, with the exception with the first and the second episode I think (the part with Dunya). I'm glad to see that more and more people are getting to read this manga, and let's face it it's all thanks to the anime.We might be a little picky because we read the manga first, and we had some expectations, but overall this season of the anime was great.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It was sad watching another season of Magi ending, but I was also happy, because they ended it remaining faithul to the manga (even though not showing Sinbad trying to manipulate Kogyouku was a bad move) and giving so much feels.
    I wonder when we will see Magi's anime again...

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Completed it. The last episode was OK, the scenes with Yamuraiha and Marga were good and I like Cho's voice acting. I don't know how the sales are but I think there'll be a season 3.

The first episodes were the best minus some fillers but overall I'd give it a 7/10.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read some people's comments in FB about the ending of Magi, and I guess they all love it, but there were some who are really naive on what Magi was all about and their shallow way of thinking pisses me off. (Good thing I don't reply to them hah )

But for me, I don't see any possibility for a Season 3. Sorry anime-only viewers.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that disappoints me about some anime viewers is the fact that they don't read the manga and like you said sometimes end up with a more shallow view of what Magi is all about (not the people around here though, I've almost never seen a Magi post here that was shallow or bad ever since a certain someone complained about "fanservice"). I can't say it's their fault or anything, there's no law of manga/anime saying you absolutely MUST view both but I guess I just feel like they're missing out on something amazing. Sure, the anime was good and could have been worse by a LONG shot but the manga tells the story so much better. And while I also doubt a season 3 at least for a long while, I'm very happy that they ended it with so many loose ends untied just as the manga did. It's a shame that we may never see the absolute awesomeness of the current manga arc animated, but I can live with that.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why but every time there's an anime or movie adaptation of a manga I like I end up being disappointed *coughBerserkcough*
    So it really is better to read the manga because of the art which sometimes isn't easy to reproduce, but also for the insight that the manga gives you.I just don't get how people can skip on reading the manga and only watch the anime. Every time I watched an anime I started reading the manga right after, because I know that the anime cannot be 100% faithful to the manga.
    Now who's excited for the SnB OVA?
    Last edited by ladylola; April 03, 2014 at 08:27 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Zoro Zoldyck's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

This is actually the only anime that made me go read the manga because I was so interested in it and I felt like something was missing from the anime and that's why I started reading the manga This is my first manga that I'm following faithfully now XD
    And I agree with the others that said that the first episodes of season 2 were the best, I loved all the Magnostatd eps

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh yes. The SnB OVA! Now that the Magi anime has already ended, I don't have any more too root for every week (except for the manga)...
    I guess, SnB OVA will be pretty much going to be faithful to the manga by the looks of it. I don't see any reason for them to alter the adaptation to fit a 30-min cour OVA as of the moment. Besides, its a good thing A-1 won't be handling the OVA.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Ahh yes. The SnB OVA! Now that the Magi anime has already ended, I don't have any more too root for every week (except for the manga)...
    I guess, SnB OVA will be pretty much going to be faithful to the manga by the looks of it. I don't see any reason for them to alter the adaptation to fit a 30-min cour OVA as of the moment. Besides, its a good thing A-1 won't be handling the OVA.
    you sure A1 won't be involved ?? cause that could be a very good thing . if thats true sinbad story by another studio might work as the prequel to a rebooted labyrinth of magic : magihood in near future ...well ... thats far fetched and chances are almost none that magi will be picked again ...but its good to hear that A1 won't be in charge (if thats true) .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we'd all like some magihood, but I'd say we're better off just continuing where it left off =p There's some good stuff going on that is on the same level of greatness as Magnostadt, and it's not like the second season was as bad as how Toriko ended....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    I think we'd all like some magihood, but I'd say we're better off just continuing where it left off =p There's some good stuff going on that is on the same level of greatness as Magnostadt, and it's not like the second season was as bad as how Toriko ended....
    i guess there are some merits in season 2 as there were in season 1 . but somehow i can't get peace with this adaptation . partly cause s2 was the continuation of a faulty product and they had never planned it beforehand and partly its my fault not liking the way A1 handled every little details ... well magihood wont come until the manga is over if ever it comes out ...

they could have slowed down a little if they planned it from starting ... at least 3 seasons could have summed upto magnostadt nicely ..instead we have to wait for 2 more years now . all those materials rushed and adapted without future planning. anyway ...i just hope people doesn't forget about this anime during this break ...not that the s2 was blockbuster of this season .. anyway hoping best for the sinbad ova ...
    Last edited by headless nick; April 05, 2014 at 11:06 PM.

New Reply
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50