Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Wonderful chapter. Now things are clear.
    So, many kings chosen by Magi. The djinn there are to give the kings power? So, Aladdin picked Alibaba and the djinn went with his dagger, right?

And nii-chan, you can die. ¬¬
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Great episode!
    Like the previous episode, this episode didn't felt like rushed. I hope this will continue onto the next episodes.

I kinda freaked out to see Hakuei do her Djinn equip! Though it seemed weird for me at first, I thought it was a really awesome transformation she looked like a warrior angel

But Aladdin doing magic?... hmmmm...

Poor Ryosai, it seems like that scene is far more tragic than when we see it in the manga

And I love Paimon!

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

...Djinn Equip? So you can equip them? >_>
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Wonderful chapter. Now things are clear.
    So, many kings chosen by Magi. The djinn there are to give the kings power? So, Aladdin picked Alibaba and the djinn went with his dagger, right?

And nii-chan, you can die. ¬¬
    The Djinn choose someone who is worthy of their power, if they become a king is a totally different question. A Magi usually only chooses one guy who he will support to become king but that's only the basic idea, Judal is just doing what he wants anyway.

And no, the Djinn choose Alibaba without the influence from Aladdin for the reason I mentioned above~

...Djinn Equip? So you can equip them? >_>
    I think Hakurei even said it? XD not too sure but what she's done is Djinn Equip -> Full body is shrouded by the Djinn. Well there's more to it but I won't spoil you.

but I can tell you that the Djinn Equip will get way more impressive later on, Hakurei displayed a rather weak power compared to what we see later.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It's finally here!!

The full version and PV of SID's V.I.P.!!!

I'm not used to see Mao in a simple casual wear

Now I'm waiting for someone to put the mp3 download link!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So even though I don't watch the anime (yet), I just wanted to say, the anime website has released voice clips of Sinbad, Masrur, and Jafar's voice actors. They sound awesome!

My personal favorite is Jafar's, mainly because I really love Takahiro Sakurai, and I think he totally nailed his voice. Sinbad's pretty good too, especially considering he's being voiced by Daisuke Ono--same voice actor who did Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji.

I can't actually find it on the Magi website, but here's the tumblr equivalent. Note that the voice actor introduces himself first, then he says "Start!", then he says a line or two "incharacter".

Sinbad: http://alibaka.tumblr.com/post/35213...ad-daisuke-ono
    Masrur: http://alibaka.tumblr.com/post/35213...shimasa-hosoya
    Jafar: http://alibaka.tumblr.com/post/35213...kahiro-sakurai

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    So even though I don't watch the anime (yet)
    How the hell can you restrain yourself from doing that?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, there are very few anime I watch. I am mostly a manga person. People have to strap me down to a seat to get me to watch something (be it movie or anime), but books I will gladly read. :P

Also...when I got into Magi, I was REALLY busy doing university work. So it was just easier to read the manga. But now that I know Takahiro Sakurai is in it, I'm definitely picking it up...when Sinbad & company are introduced.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching an anime after having read the manga is not really my cup of tea either. I watched the first 3 episodes but I'm not sure I will continue.
    Not everyone is an animevore like you niichan :-))

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, anime magazines are totally pimping out Sinbad, because they know he's popular with the ladies.

So Otomedia is a magazine for female anime fans, and for their October issue, what do they do to commemorate Magi's anime starting? Have a picture of Sinbad on the cover. Next issue: There's a spread of Sinbad relaxing with Alibaba and Aladdin in the background. So subtle.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually prefer to see the show and then read the manga. Otherwise I get picky about what I'm seeing and I prefer the surprise of the show over the surprise of manga.
    When I get completely addicted to this show, I'll probably devour the whole manga...But for now I'll take it slowly.

Anyway, I can't get how some people who loves a manga doesn't watch the show.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well first I prefer reading and I love dynamic black and white pages with sound effects. Second, anime arts tends to be much more generic than their manga counterpart. Third i have little interest in watching something I have already read.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Best advice : It's better to watch the Anime first then you after that you have to read the Manga . Most of the time if you're reading the manga first it would spoil the fun, seriously. I'm more of a Manga guy myself, but I cannot resist the temptation from a good Anime adaptation . I'm probably sounds like a freak, but reading a Manga and watching its Anime adaptation is just a whole different experience.

Anyway, I can't get how some people who loves a manga doesn't watch the show.
    Well, not all Manga get an Anime adaptation from the best Anime studio. Hunter X Hunter is adapted by MadHouse and Magi is adapted by Production I.G., which I believe they are two of the most outstanding Anime studio out there, meaning they have bigger budgets, better human resources, etc compared to the other. Those factors are really important in determining whether an Anime adaptation is good or bad. One of the manga I really love, unfortunately got a very poor Anime adaptation by a less competent studio, hence it makes me feel uncomfortable to watch it, even though I really like the manga very much.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just watch the first and second episode (finally) and I'm liking the quality since it has a very contrast colors and the motion from the characters are very smooth. I might catch-up with it sooner so I can discuss it here.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Not everyone is an animevore like you niichan :-))

I will take that as a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Well first I prefer reading and I love dynamic black and white pages with sound effects. Second, anime arts tends to be much more generic than their manga counterpart. Third i have little interest in watching something I have already read.
    I know that something you've never seen before might be more interesting but what makes it so great is to see everything in motion, with voices and music. It has so much potential to surpass great moments in a manga or make something less worse than what you felt about it before. Granted you can fail easily, there's a huge bunch of series which aren't able to do that or only do it occasionally but it's worth a try. Take Kuroko as an example, the anime easily surpassed the manga.
    In the end it may be just a matter of preference but I believe that anime are just wonderful and have a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm probably sounds like a freak, but reading a Manga and watching its Anime adaptation is just a whole different experience.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Well, not all Manga get an Anime adaptation from the best Anime studio. Hunter X Hunter is adapted by MadHouse and Magi is adapted by Production I.G., which I believe they are two of the most outstanding Anime studio out there, meaning they have bigger budgets, better human resources, etc compared to the other. Those factors are really important in determining whether an Anime adaptation is good or bad. One of the manga I really love, unfortunately got a very poor Anime adaptation by a less competent studio, hence it makes me feel uncomfortable to watch it, even though I really like the manga very much.
    Magi is actually produced by A-1 Pictures I.G. also made some great series, they're the ones responsible for Kuroko's popularity boost but A-1 probably is a new "rising star". They did sooo much lately, starting with AnoHana (one of my fav series of this new decade) going on with Fairytale, Ao no Exorcist and Uchuu Kyoidai and ending with the new hit SAO + Magi and Shinsekai Yori.

What is that anime you're talking about?

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Magi is actually produced by A-1 Pictures I.G. also made some great series, they're the ones responsible for Kuroko's popularity boost but A-1 probably is a new "rising star". They did sooo much lately, starting with AnoHana (one of my fav series of this new decade) going on with Fairytale, Ao no Exorcist and Uchuu Kyoidai and ending with the new hit SAO + Magi and Shinsekai Yori.

What is that anime you're talking about?

You're right, I was mistakenly swap it with Kuroko. A-1's AnoHana is indeed great and they're truly a rising star. The main advantage of this studio personally is the coloring, I really love the coloring style in Magi and SpaceBros (or even SAO ) and they are also able to replicate characters face from manga almost perfectly.

Ah you know, it's Teeb's section

Not wanting to be Off-topic, do you think that this Anime would go with original ending or not? This Anime is very popular, ranked number 10 in the popularity poll, it's such a waste to go with original ending.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast