Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Have I ruined Magi Anime for you yet?

....I need to go wash my eyes with bleach now.

Uriel, you must be happy about this. - Doraku

He will love it ~niichan
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; November 10, 2012 at 02:16 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post

You're right, I was mistakenly swap it with Kuroko. A-1's AnoHana is indeed great and they're truly a rising star. The main advantage of this studio personally is the coloring, I really love the coloring style in Magi and SpaceBros (or even SAO ) and they are also able to replicate characters face from manga almost perfectly.

Ah you know, it's Teeb's section

Not wanting to be Off-topic, do you think that this Anime would go with original ending or not? This Anime is very popular, ranked number 10 in the popularity poll, it's such a waste to go with original ending.
    Well for all I know their animation style seems to be pretty good overall, at least that goes for all the new series the made since AnoHana (can't judge FT though). With FT they have their first long-running anime and they're doing more and more series lately. I could see them reaching the level of Madhouse or Sunrise at some point.

FT is decent, while I like the portrayal of the characters, I don't like the special effects during the battle scenes. - Doraku

ah, the beelzebub anime. Probably will never watch it, not sure if it's worth to give the manga a try.

Never watch it. That's what makes me hate Pierrot so much until now. I suppose wacky humors are not really your cup of tea, so I doubt you will like it as much as I do. - Doraku

I doubt Magi will have an original ending, it's pretty popular already so I expect them to cover the whole Balbadd Arc and then end the season with some kind of cliffhanger. Something similar to what I.G. did with Kuroko. I think it was confirmed that Magi won't be a long running anime but I really hope they will cover everything in seasons.
    Last edited by Doraku; November 11, 2012 at 01:56 AM.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, I was mistakenly swap it with Kuroko. A-1's AnoHana is indeed great and they're truly a rising star. The main advantage of this studio personally is the coloring, I really love the coloring style in Magi and SpaceBros (or even SAO ) and they are also able to replicate characters face from manga almost perfectly.

Ah you know, it's Teeb's section

Not wanting to be Off-topic, do you think that this Anime would go with original ending or not? This Anime is very popular, ranked number 10 in the popularity poll, it's such a waste to go with original ending.

Don't forget the smooth movements of the characters! Pertaining to Aladdin and Ugo's first appearance in the 1st episode.. I almost cried because of Aladdin's cuteness there

What ending are you talking about?... The ending for the Balbadd arc?...
    IT would be awesome if they stick to the original plot. What's the use of adapting a manga into an anime if they changed the whole story plot? (Like what happened to Sora no Otoshimono)

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    OH.EM.GEE. I must have this on my wallpaper!!

Wait, is it me or Aladdin is umm... somewhat looks older here? Like a 13 year old kid? He's somewhat... ummm... uncute?

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Don't forget the smooth movements of the characters! Pertaining to Aladdin and Ugo's first appearance in the 1st episode.. I almost cried because of Aladdin's cuteness there

What ending are you talking about?... The ending for the Balbadd arc?...
    IT would be awesome if they stick to the original plot. What's the use of adapting a manga into an anime if they changed the whole story plot? (Like what happened to Sora no Otoshimono)
    Yes, that's what I said too in the previous post, their motions are so smooth and wonderful.

I meant how the studio would end the Magi anime adaptation. Magi is not going to be a super long running series, I think only 20-ish episodes planned, and obviously they won't be able to cover all the Manga plot in the Anime. I agree with you, it would be better for A-1 to make Magi stick with the Manga plot, but I guess they have to wrap this series up in their own way since the Manga is not ended yet.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Well for all I know their animation style seems to be pretty good overall, at least that goes for all the new series the made since AnoHana (can't judge FT though). With FT they have their first long-running anime and they're doing more and more series lately. I could see them reaching the level of Madhouse or Sunrise at some point.
    The FT anime is honestly one of the best anime I've watched. If it weren't for the anime, I think it would have been really hard for me to get into it. Magi's animation has been top notch, and the color schemes are really pretty. Plus, they seem to know who their fanbase is, which is always awesome *cough*Sinbad*cough*.

ah, the beelzebub anime. Probably will never watch it, not sure if it's worth to give the manga a try.
    Actually, I find Beelzebub's humor similar to Magi's, though its also really self-aware of itself. It doesn't really have a plot though.

I doubt Magi will have an original ending, it's pretty popular already so I expect them to cover the whole Balbadd Arc and then end the season with some kind of cliffhanger. Something similar to what I.G. did with Kuroko. I think it was confirmed that Magi won't be a long running anime but I really hope they will cover everything in seasons.
    The only difficulty I see is that, after the Balbadd Arc there hasn't been a long, conclusive arc after that. I think the directors might muck around with a "second season" to make it more conclusive.

OH.EM.GEE. I must have this on my wallpaper!!

Wait, is it me or Aladdin is umm... somewhat looks older here? Like a 13 year old kid? He's somewhat... ummm... uncute?
    Glad you like it. You think Aladdin looks odd? I thought the whole thing looks a bit questionable. Oh, there are so many "official" posters like this its incredible. In one anime magazine, there was even a poster of naked!Sinbad, just chillin like his clothes weren't stolen..

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    The FT anime is honestly one of the best anime I've watched. If it weren't for the anime, I think it would have been really hard for me to get into it. Magi's animation has been top notch, and the color schemes are really pretty. Plus, they seem to know who their fanbase is, which is always awesome *cough*Sinbad*cough*.
    I love Fairy Tail too. But I'm kinda disappointed with the animation though. I didn't know Magi and FT have the same animation studio. There were times that the animation or the drawing was really bad. I hope they could fix the quality of FT anime soon, and make it as good as Magi's animation

on a side note... I have stopped watching and reading Beelzebub for an unknown reason. I felt like something has been lost within the manga...

Quote Quote:
    Glad you like it. You think Aladdin looks odd? I thought the whole thing looks a bit questionable. Oh, there are so many "official" posters like this its incredible. In one anime magazine, there was even a poster of naked!Sinbad, just chillin like his clothes weren't stolen..
    I think that was an "official art" done by Shinobu

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Fairy Tail too. But I'm kinda disappointed with the animation though. I didn't know Magi and FT have the same animation studio. There were times that the animation or the drawing was really bad. I hope they could fix the quality of FT anime soon, and make it as good as Magi's animation

on a side note... I have stopped watching and reading Beelzebub for an unknown reason. I felt like something has been lost within the manga...
    I think the problem is because FT is a long running series, and the budget for the project is not enough. Bad drawings are the common result of this problem, glad that Magi would not have many episodes like FT though.

By the way, I can understand why girls in the manga are attracted to Sinbad, but I could not understand why Girl readers love Sinbad as well , I thought normally girls dig characters like Hakuryuu.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

DAMN YOU TEEBA. DAMN YOU.

Only 20 episodes? Ok, I'll start reading manga then, I guess I've no choice.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I started watching Magi's anime but honestly I couldn't wait a week for a new episode to come out. The manga is really interesting; I caught up to the recent chapter in three days. I should have been studying for exams but it was still worth it

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way, I can understand why girls in the manga are attracted to Sinbad, but I could not understand why Girl readers love Sinbad as well , I thought normally girls dig characters like Hakuryuu.
    But its similar logic to why girls in the manga like Sinbad. He's hawt, he's super powerful, and he's confident in himself without being too srs. He's a very handsome man in a manga were the teenagers actually look their age, and I think female readers appreciate the eyecandy. Not that Hakuryuu and Alibaba aren't popular, they totally are, just not as much as Sinbad.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    DAMN YOU TEEBA. DAMN YOU.
    I know the feeling. I too want to be invited to Sinbad's private parties, where he wears less clothing as the night goes on and minors are present.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhh... Episode 6 with english subs are out now

And I must say... MORGIANNA IS THE BEST!!!

I really really really LOVED this episode, except for the last few minutes of it. It seemed kinda rushed though... but at least they did a good job for it

And next episode is what all fangirls have been waiting for!

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW...</picspam>
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

21. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

...I'll ignore starting any fires from the FT comment, I know full and well my annoyance of that series will get me in trouble some day...

Either way I really liked this episode and man reading toe corrisponding chapters now (of course once the anime ends I'll be wolfing down the manga like nobody's buisness XD) Morgiana was awesome, we got to see Sahsa and Leila animated (as well as Aladin's love for Sahsha's "twins") but What I really like so far is how they show people running into each other and helping each other out (or getting in their way) I was pretty surprised by how Mor met Aladdin, given I was expecting her to run into Alibaba first, but this wasn't a sour surpsie I acctually liked the way they handled it, though I'm sure the manga would probably go a tad more detail into it...Y'know, maybe...

Well I'll finish off this week's manga chapters and put myself on restaints again...
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    BTW...</picspam>
    poor kitty

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country