Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi Anime Discussion Thread

NO Thread for the upcoming Anime of Magi ? Then here it is.

The Latest information about the Anime of Magi:

Quote Quote:
    - The anime will adapt the manga up to the conclusion of the Balbadd Arc.

- The introductory chapters early in the manga will be edited to hasten the pace, things will be rearranged and cut. But after that, the major arcs will be adaptated faithful to the manga - The Dungeon Arc, the Kouga Arc, and finally the Balbadd Arc.

- Because of the latter half of the anime series will cover Alibaba's past, they consulted with the original author, and decided to introduce more foreshadowing elements in the earlier parts of the story to build his character.

- The first episode will cover Aladdin and Alibaba's encounter and how they became friends, while the second episode will introduce Jamil and Mor into the picture.

- The will be an anime-only character introduced at some point

These points seem to suggest to me that at least half or more of the series will cover Balbadd, which clearly should be the case because it's a long arc. It sounds like they're cutting down the first 5 chapters or so to 2 episodes, but if they proceed from there, there still might not be enough episodes in 2-cours to do a full adaptation. I'm starting to think it's possible this could either be a 3-cour adaptation (15-16 episodes for the first two arcs, then 23-24 episodes for Balbadd), or they could be adding an anime-only original arc before Balbadd to make it 4-cour.
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...of-magic-anime

Can anyone make a list about the Cast and Staff of Magi Anime ? I only know, that A-1 Pictures is doing this Anime-Adaption.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime starts in October 2012

Dunno why this gets me somewhat stressed, it's like saying in our face "this one is NOT going to be an on-going" with the first line and I was curious how will later characters look animated since I truly believe in it's potential to become a great one.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of understand that they want to rush the start, it seems like most people thought of the start as "average" and started to get fond of the series after that. For me it's one of the series that appears to get better and better

And I feel like this could be like the HxH anime - there are episodes planned until the end of Balbadd Arc, the rest belongs to the fact of how successful it's going to be. They would really need to rush a lot of stuff if they want to put 76 chapters in 24 episodes, hope that won't be the case here.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I think unlike what was stated that the first 2 episodes cover 5 the first one will cover chapter 1 and episode 2 will end at the end of chapter 4, I don't want things to be cut since Alibaba's character and the basis of his relationship with Alladin is presented there...the first chapter is a different deal though this one could be done in a different way and still have very little effect unless they omit Alladin fetish.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    I think unlike what was stated that the first 2 episodes cover 5 the first one will cover chapter 1 and episode 2 will end at the end of chapter 4, I don't want things to be cut since Alibaba's character and the basis of his relationship with Alladin is presented there...the first chapter is a different deal though this one could be done in a different way and still have very little effect unless they omit Alladin fetish.
    True that, I have faith in A-1 that they will do it justice though. It will be a blast hopefully, after all it's the anime I'm most looking forward to this upcoming season.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    True that, I have faith in A-1 that they will do it justice though. It will be a blast hopefully, after all it's the anime I'm most looking forward to this upcoming season.
    This anime season will be a blast with no doubt, Magi anime, Jormungand Season 2, Code:Breaker anime, Robotics;Notes anime...

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SubliminalInsanity's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw, that's a shame we get to miss Aladdin initial appearance in the series, since it reminds me of the first appearance of Allen Walker in D.Gray-man; Y'know the way it introduces the world of the characters to the viewer? But it's totally understandable. I just hope we do get to see those two girl characters, even if their roles are for just introducing our beloved first main character. They do make another appearance with Mor in the future after all. ^^

And I too have faith that Magi is really going to pull in the fans and inspire them to ask the production team for more. However I believe it is best that Magi does what (I hopefully assume) Kuroko no Basket, Bakuman, and Gintama do. Rather than forcibly milking the series out all year round, they should go through a rotational-by-season form instead.

I mean it is absolute torture waiting for the series to come back, but by doing it seasonal this will ensure that the series won't get butchered up like other anime series that were done in too soon, and it will also give the mangaka the sufficient amount of time to keep writing out the main plot so that fillers aren't required as often.

Bakuman is definitely a prime example of that. Because the authors chose to go by season as opposed to all-year-round, not only were they able to finish up Bakuman, there was probably almost never a point in the anime where they required fillers.

And that definitely helped keep the quality and reputation of the show up big time. Plus because Magi is weekly it'll have so much to look forward to for the anime, so I am more than willing to exercise patience if the studio is wise to go about it this way.

Best Buds

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SubliminalInsanity View Post
    And I too have faith that Magi is really going to pull in the fans and inspire them to ask the production team for more. However I believe it is best that Magi does what (I hopefully assume) Kuroko no Basket, Bakuman, and Gintama do. Rather than forcibly milking the series out all year round, they should go through a rotational-by-season form instead.

I mean it is absolute torture waiting for the series to come back, but by doing it seasonal this will ensure that the series won't get butchered up like other anime series that were done in too soon, and it will also give the mangaka the sufficient amount of time to keep writing out the main plot so that fillers aren't required as often.

Bakuman is definitely a prime example of that. Because the authors chose to go by season as opposed to all-year-round, not only were they able to finish up Bakuman, there was probably almost never a point in the anime where they required fillers.

And that definitely helped keep the quality and reputation of the show up big time. Plus because Magi is weekly it'll have so much to look forward to for the anime, so I am more than willing to exercise patience if the studio is wise to go about it this way.
    The problem is that Magi is no Bakuman, it will probably go on for much much longer. Doing this in seasons means there would have to be at least 6 or 7 - just a guess though because Magi is nowhere near the finish.

Ongoing anime aren't too bad either, remember that the remake of FMA was done in one go and was totally epic. Granted the series was really close to the finish though. I'm not sure what I wish for yet but the chance of it continuing for more than 4 or 5 seasons would be rather slim so I would prefer an ongoing anime at some point.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

AKB48's 'Rival' Idol Group Nogizaka46 Sings Magi Ending

Quote Quote:
    This year's 41st issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Nogizaka46, AKB48's "official rival" idol group, will perform the ending theme song for the Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. anime. The visual-kei rock band SID (Black Butler, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) had previously revealed that it will contribute the opening theme song "V.I.P."

AKB48's own producer Yasushi Akimoto created Nogizaka46 with Sony Music Entertainment last year. The group is named after Sony Music Entertainment's Nogizaka Building, the site of the group's final audition. The "46" in the name represents the group's rivalry with AKB48, along with the motto: "Even with fewer members than AKB48, we won't lose."
    Click the link to see a new key visual art of the anime too, looks awesome~

and

Quote Quote:
    The Weekly Shonen Sunday issue is also presenting a new piece of key visual art for the anime, as well as a teaser that the next issue will announce another adaptation of Shinobu Ohtaka's original manga. The issue will also feature character designs of the main and supporting cast alongside staff comments regarding each character.
    Wonder what that other adaption will be O__o

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Found these on the Chinese Baidu Forum-thing, all credits goes to them

^Now, I have to ask someone who actually can read Japanese; does the second part of the "Staff comment" say something like "Judal's beautiful abdominal muscles are the key to victory" and a "Magi-showdown of low waist"? LOLWUT

I heard that there was an actual staff-discussion about Morgiana's "panty-shots", because appearantly underwear doesn't exist in the Magi-verse But still... really? The anime-staff have the weirdest attention to detail, and their... sense of humor (?) never fail to amuse me

Other than that, the chara-designs look great! I'm so excited for this! Is it October yet?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Oh, also, have a Magikombi pic from Project-Magi.com ^^

I love seeing those two together for some reason Looking forward to their low-waist/abdomen-showdown
    Last edited by relory; September 11, 2012 at 05:56 PM. Reason: so many typos >.>
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

New Magi Trailer

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Cover of Magi anime script

Episode 2
    Spoiler show

Episode 3
    Spoiler show

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

By those covers I would guess that Alibaba will be introduced in episode 2 and Mor in episode 3, how sad it is that this is merely a false hope unless CR got their info wrong.

Aside from that at the official site it was said today that the announcements of the seiyuus will also be televised and not only be an event at 30.09.12.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So this means they won't go beyond the Balbadd Arc, or is it just that they don't know if they will?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by there76 View Post
    So this means they won't go beyond the Balbadd Arc, or is it just that they don't know if they will?
    This is pure speculation. What we know for sure is that the anime will definitely cover the Balbadd Arc, if it ends after that is up in the air. At this point I would guess that they probably plan to see how successful the anime is going to be and then decide. It's possible that the end is already decided though and they will produce another season, hard to say for sure atm.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    This is pure speculation. What we know for sure is that the anime will definitely cover the Balbadd Arc, if it ends after that is up in the air. At this point I would guess that they probably plan to see how successful the anime is going to be and then decide. It's possible that the end is already decided though and they will produce another season, hard to say for sure atm.
    I hope it continues, it would be a shame for it to end after only 38 episodes.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

New Reply
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast