Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Uhhhh Morgiana-san... She looks awesome in this dress... *nosebleed* What a cutie.

All in all good episode. I'm no fan of the new opening yet but oh well this could change.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we have new themes, as for the op, Not only was I too used to the first one, but I felt it was perfectly fine for the rest of the arc, here it feels like a bit of unnessesary backtracking and Gunjumping (considering I jumped the gun quite abit myself and finished this arc into the next one XD)

Spoiler show

As far as the ending, as a song its good, much better than the first for not sounding like a damn children's chior but I'll have to wait til the full version comes out to determine what I feel of it in full.

As for the episode, It was nice though I liked Alibaba's momments better in the manga , it really felt like a giant all or nothing gamble on his part when I was reading it and that's probably just more as to how I percived the pacing in my head but oh well, not a bad ep by any means. the anime is supposed to be 24 eps huh? I wonder how much their gonna get through because after next week, shit starts getting real.
    Some mots, DO NOT OPEN IF YOU ARE NOT AHEAD WITH THE MANGA!
    Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually liked this episode, did not felt rush at all. Now that I've read the manga, I can say that the anime has its own pacing and it's coherent. More slow would be really dragging and faster would be just crazy. Every chapter has its coup d'etat moment that is well handled. This time was Alibaba Amon Djinn Equip, next time will be the answer.

Anyway the opening and ending weren't terrible, but not my favorites either.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Alibaba asskick

Spoiler show

Morgiana badassery

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I actually liked this episode, did not felt rush at all. Now that I've read the manga, I can say that the anime has its own pacing and it's coherent. More slow would be really dragging and faster would be just crazy. Every chapter has its coup d'etat moment that is well handled. This time was Alibaba Amon Djinn Equip, next time will be the answer.

Anyway the opening and ending weren't terrible, but not my favorites either.
    Well no, this episode wasn't rushed but it was mostly fighting anyway what I was trying to say is that they could make some scenes more intense. It was fine here because the fights weren't that important really. Loosing Ugo though was one of the crucial moments in the manga though, so I wanted the scene to have a little more impact.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked this week's episode, but the impact wasn't the same as from the manga. I must admit they did a pretty well job on Alibaba's fight, as well as with the censorship. but my favorite part was Morgianna's epic fight

As for the opening, I didn't like the song. I still prefer SID's V.I.P, but the video is awesome. There's the eight generals so I assumed that the series would go beyond Balbadd arc (I hope they make it up to the Zagan's dungeon arc) and Morgianna in that outfit is just too cute

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, about that censorship...

I hated it. There is more original ways to censor something rather than just a white fog. I blame HxH for getting me used to subtle censorship. :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Man what an excellent episode this was.
    Alibaba and Morgiana (she's so badass and cute. ) have been pretty cool.
    Can't wait to see the next episode.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alibaba 4 King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, about that censorship...

I hated it. There is more original ways to censor something rather than just a white fog. I blame HxH for getting me used to subtle censorship. :P
    I agree that white fog when he burst into the throne room was lame. I don't know much about anime production, is it possible that the artists and director intended for the gruesome part to be shown and the network covered it with fog afterwords? Why draw it that way to cover it up half-heartedly so maybe we can hope for an uncensored version at some point like with the DVD?

That aside, this may be the first time in the series where I enjoyed something more in the anime than manga. Morgiana's fight with the monkeys was mostly done behind the scenes in the manga. It went from her getting pumped up to being finished basically. In the anime she struggles a bit with them, and even attempts Masrur's move only to realize shes still limited.

My only real complaint so far in the anime which people have discussed is the lack of impact with Ugo's "death"

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba 4 King View Post
    My only real complaint so far in the anime which people have discussed is the lack of impact with Ugo's "death"
    I agree with this. I think it's because Ugo's apparent I'll call it "apparent" since he really did not died, only his body got destroyed happened only on a short/first part of the episode, and the rest that followed were umm... more and more talk. For me, as an audience, the impact on a character's lost would only pass by and it would feel like it didn't happened at all. Unlike in the manga, you could clearly see how devastating Aladdin's and the others' reactions.

I don't have any regrets nor hate the anime, but if only they could level it up even though the series would be short, that would be fine to me I'm still looking for the same impact they have made when they aired Episode 1 and Episode 3. Those, for me, are the best animated moments I've seen so far as the series goes on.

---------- Post added January 14, 2013 at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was January 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

All talk and less action for the new episode

I think they did a great job on this episode. Even though there's a lot of talking and clashing of ideas (between Alibaba and Kougyoku), I didn't felt a touch of boredom as I watched it. Alibaba's seiyuu did a good job on portraying Alibaba's character, though sometimes I find it annnoying

What I enjoyed the most is listening and watching at Kougyoku. Kana Hanazawa's voice acting is really superb! I can't help but smile when she begans to fantasize about Sinbad

Overall, it was a really good episode. Adding Isnan in the scene makes everything more exciting.
    Spoiler show

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked this episode.

The seiyuu of ALibaba did a great work, I noticed how his/her voices trembled exactly when it was needed and added the confidence that maybe it was lacking in the manga when I read it.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked this episode.

The seiyuu of ALibaba did a great work, I noticed how his/her voices trembled exactly when it was needed and added the confidence that maybe it was lacking in the manga when I read it.

I couldn't have said it better.
    Nice episode, and next week the chaos will engulf Balbadd.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

They shortened/changed Alibaba's speech in the Palace (f.ex. he said that Sabhmad should be cast away to a faraway place in the manga but it was totally removed from the anime), didn't really like that on the other hand his speech to the people was longer, he speaked directly for the whole time compared to some kind of narrator in the manga, I liked that. Overall a good episode but there was light and shadow to me

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    They shortened/changed Alibaba's speech in the Palace (f.ex. he said that Sabhmad should be cast away to a faraway place in the manga but it was totally removed from the anime), didn't really like that on the other hand his speech to the people was longer, he speaked directly for the whole time compared to some kind of narrator in the manga, I liked that. Overall a good episode but there was light and shadow to me

Now that you mention.. They have avoided narrating the whole time, and because of that we lost Jamil and Fatima's past.
    Spoiler show

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After hearing it for a while I like the new opening now. Althought it's not even in the Top 3 of my favorites of this season.

I felt the episode was great. Alibabas speech was made very well. There are things which don't fit an animation but written pages. Narration would've been out of place. They'll somehow manage to show Kassims past no doubt about that.
    I am really looking forward to this weeks episode because its gonna be awesome. *.*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, episode 15 is so intense! Excellent job at playing with my emotions. I never thought I would be THIS affected as I already know what will happen!!
    The end of the episode made my stomach turn, the atmosphere is SO well made!!

The part with Aladdin in the "room" was also great! I was anxious about this, because I really love that part in the manga, and it was beautiful :3 Aladdin looks like Mew from Pokemon xD

There are some tiny differences in regards to Isnan being here and all, but not enough to make me as a manga-reader frustrated. Actually, so far I like this better than the original!

(semi-spoiler) After watching this episode I just know I will bawl like a baby at the end This is going to be a tear jerker deluxe.
    Last edited by relory; January 20, 2013 at 06:22 AM.
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast