Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Spoiler show

Ah damn, this reminded me how much I miss Ugo-kun. Good job there.

Overall I think it was okay but it's still lacking the intensity from the manga. That's my main complain, caused by a mix of them rushing through the story and censorship. I mean just compare the manga and anime here:

Spoiler show

One has to wonder why they're unable to show this when they can show loads of blood gushing out from Cassim.
    Now don't misunderstand me, it's a good adaption. I'm a really big magi fan though and as such I want the anime to be great and not just good. They have the animation, the music is mostly great too but for different reasons they often fail to deliver the whole scale of emotions which are supposed to get through.

Looking forward to the next episode though, I just hope they will be able to deliver the intensity they somehow missed this time.

2. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently I've been searching for Ost tracks (seriously when the hell does it come out?) and this was all I found:
    Spoiler show

Ah yes and so begins the part I REALLY like and which really restored my faith in shounen series and caused me to continue reading this arc. I have to say I really think this episode nailed the mood and everything here, sure there was SOME censorship but its hardly as bad as episode 13. As far as Human damage, I think this was most graphic episode...

Man Cassiam your levels of dickery never cease to amaze me...
    Spoiler show

I have to admit, it was quite sad to see Aladdin leave Ugo (AGAIN ) but I also think they handled that scene really well, as well as Alibaba's hesitance to kill Cassiam...speaking of who, he Finally went so far across the line and went turned demon on us...huh...Oddly fitting
    Spoiler show

I have to say this week's probably one of my new favorite eps now and I can't wait til next wee- oh wait, I have SATs that weekend...shit...

Anywho does anyone have a Gif of Aladdin acting like he's a hula dancing ghost?
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This week's episode is so great that I got teary eyed again I think the animation have improved here.

I love how they handled the scene with Aladdin and Ugo-kun. I can't stop giggling at Aladdin's oh-so-cute dance! Though at first, Ugo's voice was to light for a djinn... I thought he will have the same voice like he had in the first episode Anyways, dasfjhaksd I love his SMILE!! sorry for fangirling

I also love the battle between Kashim and Alibaba. At first it was intense, then everything became emotional. Alibaba's voice really gave me goosebumps because of awesomeness. Then I became speechless on the last part. Stab, blood, black djinn. at least we didn't saw some white fogs eh?

BTW, I'm a little confused why Isnan err... crushed the Banker, aren't they comrades?

Look what I found!!
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; January 22, 2013 at 01:05 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post

BTW, I'm a little confused why Isnan err... crushed the Banker, aren't they comrades?

Look what I found!!
    Yeah, their attempt to be more EPICLY EDGY backfired on them there...

Thanks for the GIF!

-------EDIT----------

Also, because I can:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by thatguy3331; January 22, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This will be my last post for today... sorry for spamming

am I the only one who thinks that the stars of this week's episode are Aladdin and Ugo? Aladdin's dance is too cute!

10. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that Isnan's moment confused me; I hope that they're not thinking to chance the story.
    By the way awesome episode and I'm quite surprised to see that the anime isn't censored too much; well, better like this, no?
    Can't wait to see the awesome fight in the next episode.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 16 is out ! With lots of drama, action and "big damn heroes" moments ! Truly memorable
    Unfortunately I felt that the animation was somewhat underwhelming at moments. On the other side, the musics were, once again, conveniently chosen. The tracks may be re-used many, many times during the show but they are so good it's not a problem.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Episode 16 is out ! With lots of drama, action and "big damn heroes" moments ! Truly memorable
    Unfortunately I felt that the animation was somewhat underwhelming at moments. On the other side, the musics were, once again, conveniently chosen. The tracks may be re-used many, many times during the show but they are so good it's not a problem.
    I have only watched the RAWS and I agree on this. I'm kind of disappointed that the animation isn't as flawless as the previous episode... There are some minor changes, and again, some lame censorship... There was one time when Sinbad coughed out blood and was badly injured and the next time we see him, he is perfectly fine! WTH is that?? And I felt like Isnan's scenes and blabbering is getting annoying. I felt the episode was rushed and it didn't gave off enough impact unlike from the manga

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only watched the RAWS and I agree on this. I'm kind of disappointed that the animation isn't as flawless as the previous episode... There are some minor changes, and again, some lame censorship... There was one time when Sinbad coughed out blood and was badly injured and the next time we see him, he is perfectly fine! WTH is that?? And I felt like Isnan's scenes and blabbering is getting annoying. I felt the episode was rushed and it didn't gave off enough impact unlike from the manga
    I have to agree with this about the animation Especially the first half of it had some downright "wtf animu"-moments. And I actually laughed more than twice when a voice actor put a lot of effort and emotion into a character's line, while the character almost didn't move their lips
    I swear at one point Judal managed to yell without using his mouth

I guess this is the QUALITY episode of Magi. We've been spoiled lately with Magi-greatness, so I guess this wasn't greeted too well by the fandom

BUT!
    I forgot all about the bad animation in this episode when I saw the preview for the next one!! HOLY SHIT!! sadly I won't watch it until May because of a long study-trip
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by relory View Post
    I have to agree with this about the animation Especially the first half of it had some downright "wtf animu"-moments. And I actually laughed more than twice when a voice actor put a lot of effort and emotion into a character's line, while the character almost didn't move their lips
    I swear at one point Judal managed to yell without using his mouth

I guess this is the QUALITY episode of Magi. We've been spoiled lately with Magi-greatness, so I guess this wasn't greeted too well by the fandom
    The part where Aladdin unleashes his Solomon's is such a failure. They used the one in the teasers then paused, then cut off, and it suddenly changed into what was in the episode. Then they changed the blood from Sinbad's mouth into some freakin' dirt marks!

I thought Aladdin and Judal's second round of their fight will be really awesome. I hope they could redo this episode...

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The part where Aladdin unleashes his Solomon's is such a failure. They used the one in the teasers then paused, then cut off, and it suddenly changed into what was in the episode. Then they changed the blood from Sinbad's mouth into some freakin' dirt marks!

I thought Aladdin and Judal's second round of their fight will be really awesome. I hope they could redo this episode...
    That actually wasn't that big of a deal to me, not like you can expect great animation all the time, though that censorship got really annoying.

What made me go all "NOOOO why? why??" was when they changed the scene with Alibaba. Why did they portray him as a jerk who hesitated again? In the manga he caused fatal damage to the Djinn and charges in again but gets pushed back by his gravity magic. In the anime it looks like Sinbad stoped the Djinn's power and Alibaba hesitates because of Cassim again... that made the warriors just standing there look so lame. It made sense in the manga, because they pushed against the Gravity magic with all their might but it didn't make any sense in the anime. Totally don't understand why they had to change that, seriously

My hopes for the anime being a perfect adaption are now officially ruined, I hoped for more. They're doing a good job but the anime lacks intensity, is too rushed at times and has random and incomprehensible changes. What a shame, it could have been a lot better.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why to cut the budget IN THIS FIGHT.

I would understand two episodes ago, but NO THIS ONE. This could become quickly the One-Piece situation for me in which I just watch the anime because I follow the manga >_>
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's getting that way for me. I've seen tasteful censorship; in fact, censorship itself doesn't bother me, but this one seems inconsistent. I also understand imperfect animation, budgeting issues, etc, but this just left a bad taste in my mouth.

The anime is what got me into the manga, and I subsequently caught up to the manga. Unless something is done amazingly, I may just end up reading the manga. I dunno.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Read it.

It's amazing. And fun. And more frequent than our beloved HxH :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

With all these rants we have for the current episode, let's all hope that the next one will be full of blast! As seen in the preview, I think the anime would be able to recover from this issue.

---------- Post added February 03, 2013 at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was January 30, 2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

I should thank Tumblr for spoiling me about today's episode

Spoiler show

I badly need to watch the episode!! Even if it's still in raws how I wish I dont have exams tomorrow

New Reply
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast