Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi Anime Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Remembering the sht they did on the first season, I expect they will do it again this time. They might cut some scenes such as the funny moments or compress some chapters within one episode. Thus I'm afraid it the anime might turn out to be angsty like before -_-. I just hope they won't cut out the Aum Maudra and the World exploration arc...
    I see....
    Then I have your same hopes (and fears of course).

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Guyssss... new pv. NEW PV. NEW PV!!
    Spoiler show

Oh I love the opening song

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Torca's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    Guyssss... new pv. NEW PV. NEW PV!!
    Spoiler show

Oh I love the opening song

I'll go to Japan and kill all guys at A-1 Pictures if they'll not animate the departure of Hakuryuu and his confession, also the mini story about the trio trips (Ali, Mor and Haku coming back).
    If they'll just go straight into Magnostadt Arc
    I really hope Yoshino Hiroyuki is not in the staff for the second season.. or he is?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Medliel's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

A new, longer PV is up on the anime website!
    http://www.project-magi.com/movie/index.html

The OP sounds great, I can’t wait for next Sunday!
    I just hope this time they won’t cut and change important scenes.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, nice!

I still believe it's impossible to feature everything faithfully. The first anime ended at chapter 111 (111 chapter/25 episode = 4,5 chapter per episode). Well we know how that ended... lots of skipped and changed stuff The Magnostadt Arc just ended with chapter 198, which means the second season has to cover 88 chapters (88 chapters/25 episodes = roughly 3 chapters per episode). I imagine that would be feasible, somehow, if we really get 25 episodes. I still think it's hardly possible without going at a extremely fast pace or skipping some stuff. I'm willing to think positive so my guess is that it won't be as bad as the first season, but no matter what we have to prepare for rushed/skipped stuff.
    I will be relatively happy if they don't change anything crucial (the whole Isnan deal still gives me headaches...) and improve. It can't possibly be perfect, as sad as it is, but I'm willing to hope for a good improvement now

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that some things from the manga need to cut or things added to allow for time when doing adaptations. It's a different matter all together when the storyline and characterizations is altered to suit a director's vision (I have no idea why things were altered that way, especially when season 2 was going to come out this fall anyway). I really really hate when adaptations mess with the characters' personalities.

That said, I hope they don't screw this up--at least the music sounds nice so far. Next Sunday can't come soon enough.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

PV is up on Youtube:

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I understand that some things from the manga need to cut or things added to allow for time when doing adaptations. It's a different matter all together when the storyline and characterizations is altered to suit a director's vision (I have no idea why things were altered that way, especially when season 2 was going to come out this fall anyway). I really really hate when adaptations mess with the characters' personalities.

That said, I hope they don't screw this up--at least the music sounds nice so far. Next Sunday can't come soon enough.
    i wish the anime had the correct format (obviously not a 24 epi messy format franchise) and didn't skipped so much information and added such lame filler which destroyed the epicness of zagan arc and killed such good established character developments ... they say the anime helped grow a fanbase but it would have been soo much larger fanbase if it was done right and in right format...who knows maybe it would have become one of top 3/top 5 long running battle shounen anime...

anyway after season 2 they wont have any material left and magi as anime will be forgotten soon ...unless there is a chance that it will be remade ... crappy A1 should do anime original ending this time so that it gets a remake like fmaB... i dont care anymore about A1 adaptations ..i still dont get why they did what they did with magi...they really have no sense of perfection .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by headless nick View Post
    i wish the anime had the correct format (obviously not a 24 epi messy format franchise)
    What would suit an ongoing manga better than a several cour adaptation? It's a shame how Magi anime has turned out after episode 19, but the format has nothing to do with it.

Hopefully you are not implying Magi should have gotten the terrible treatment that the likes of One Piece or Naruto get from their respective studios.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikyet View Post
    What would suit an ongoing manga better than a several cour adaptation? It's a shame how Magi anime has turned out after episode 19, but the format has nothing to do with it.

Hopefully you are not implying Magi should have gotten the terrible treatment that the likes of One Piece or Naruto get from their respective studios.
    actually i was thinking about hxh 2011 format , i am a huge fan of that series . they are adapting the series very well. also i think magi has the potential to be a long running series . 1st season crammed 115 chapters in 25 episodes leaving behind too many explanations , character developments, important comedy parts , some epic events and many more which i think are important part of a series to establish as good quality long running series. so it was doing wrong adaptation from episode 1. not to mention the plot holes it created with recent manga canon...again you did't have to omit and use filler , just stay faithful and leave the option open for future.

one piece , naruto has its pace issues but you can't say one piece is bad . one piece may bore you in weekly basis but think of it after a decade later , when you will have all the episodes with you . in the end that will matter .

although i definitely dont want magi to have fillers and other shitty things to used to drag on.. there should not be any problem even if it was 24 episode if they were faithful to the manga and used all the materials properly .but its clearly not possible when you got only 24 episodes. now think what will happen when remaining 100 chapters gets animated ? they wont have any material left for season 3 . so magi as an anime format will soon be forgotten where there will be tons of materials left which we never saw animated . and i won't even pick the topic of quality and episode restriction ....now is that justice to magi manga?

however i don't have much expectation from season 2 rather i would like if they do their anime original ending this time with dark king alibaba concept or what not... if they do anime original ending this time there will be a chance later that magi will get a treatment like fma brotherhood and hxh 2011. though am not very hopeful about that. my only concern is that people will miss out this awesome manga materials and correct adaptation and the pacing it deserves . so my point is most of the problems generated from trying to cram so many chapters in one 24 epi format season.
    Last edited by headless nick; October 05, 2013 at 08:50 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I don't see Magi becoming a long running series like OP. First the manga isn't as long as the rest. There's only 200 chapters, while OP has more than 700 chapters. Then these anime tend to drag on and on. They make the scenes longer, so instead of having 1 episode for every chapter of the manga, you often find a chapter divided on 2 episodes or 1 and a half. Anyway it's way faster to read the manga to catch up with the story. It took me more than 6 months just to arrive at the Marineford arc in the OP anime, while if I read the manga it would have taken less time, and I was avoiding all the filler episodes btw.
    As for the current format, maybe 24 or 25 episodes might not be enough, but if done right, and by that i mean not adding filler or changing the characters behavior (like what they did to Alibaba) it could be nice.
    Now in the future I think it would be interesting to have a set of OVAs, kinda like Hellsing Ultimate, that could be more faithful to the manga, especially the first parts. A movie too would be great.It could include the first chapters with Alibaba Aladdin and Mor and it should stop when they are separated .

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys guys... while you're at it, arguing about anime adaptation of Magi, well... here it goes!
    The raws are already out! source
    And I say... better watch it or not, it's up to you.

oh, here are some free tastes!
    Spoiler show

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

And here you can watch the subbed version: http://www.animeplus.tv/magi-the-kin...agic-episode-1

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm not happy... I already want to punch that Alibaba-clone in the face... :/
    I wonder if they animate the next arc or if they just skip it...

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Welp it wasn't so bad, they tried to fix most mistakes and it's relatively okay. Order is completely messed up but not like they could do anything else, considering the mess of the last few episodes.

Only thing I didn't get is why they made Aladdin use Solomon's Wisdom on Dunya, do they want to hint at Magnostadt that hard? Rest was fine, hopefully they will stick close to the manga starting with the next episode.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

oh and I guess they want to attract people by previewing some of the epic stuff that has yet to come. Guess it does not hurt, all I want is a faithful adaption from now on please.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast