Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yonkou Luffy

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yonkou Luffy

No, not really, Luffy is nowhere near a Yonkou level. But let just discuss his influence comparable to Whitebeard. We know Whitebeard had quite a lot of territories and allies. Also, I know Luffy want to be the Pirate King and not just a Yonkou but one step at the time.

I gonna just named some of the big ones that may pledge to Luffy:
    -Conomi Islands- a very strong base, Arlong used it as a launching point for his empire in the East Blue. The people is already very distrustful of the government and their tie with Nami is fairly strong.
    -Amazon Lily- a very powerful faction, especially with the tie between Boa Hancock and Luffy, they will be quite an ally
    -Alabasta- Princess Vivi and King Cobra are certainly a strong ally of the strawhats. Most of the inhabitants though don't know the full extend of the SH involvement in Alabasta. But dire time come, I bet they will stand side by side with the strawhats.
    -Drum Island (fairly strong)- Chopper's birth place. King Dalton is certainly an ally. But I don't know whether they would opposed the world government if push come to sholve.
    -Water 7- headed by Iceburg. Some factions of Water 7 had already stand side by side with the SH against the world government. Even if, on the outside they support the government. But we know secretly via back door methods they will aid the strawhats all they can.
    -Skypiea- Outside of government jurisdiction. The influence of the strawhats are very strong here.
    -Torino Kingdom (mild)- the island where Chopper landed in South Blue but their tie with the SH isn't as strong as others
    -Fishman Island- probably the strongest ally the Strawhats have thus far.
    -Kamabakka Kingdom- Ivankov has other tie with the Revolutionary to aid Luffy but yeah worth a mention.

Luffy also has other connections. But when it come to other pirate captains pledge themselves to Luffy, I see Lola, Buggy (if Mr. 3 is able to persuade Buggy), Giant Warrior Pirate, Kuja, Crocodile (if he founded a pirate group and the mood to help out), Sun Pirates (currently work under Big Mam), Saruyama Alliance, and Heart Pirates (alliance contract).

The other 2 groups: remnant of the Whitebeard pirates and the Red Hair pirates. The latter will be neutral. Shank did help out Whitebeard against Kaidou. He isn't that competitive as a person, so I think he would help out.

The Revolutionaries are also gathering their commanders, assuming their goal is differ than that of Luffy. They may help if the SH went against the government but not so much against other Yonkou.

All in all, there is case to be made but Luffy's power position is still fairly weak.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jado's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yonkou Luffy

But isn't the point of becoming a Yonko, having territories in the New World not in the first half of the grandline? But then again Big Mom does own Fishmen Island and it is near the New World.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but it seemed like the dynamic of everything is changing. Even the marines are more concentrated in the new world now. Before it is all over, I suspect that Luffy's old allies will band together.

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The title would not mean anything to Luffy, in my opinion, or he might even think of it as a fun thing to carry and just carry it around for fun, I mean maybe he will own territories, but he will not think of it as much. I think his aim is to be PK, that is the title, the dream, the goal, only that will be the title he would want to carry. He will reinvent the younku thing probably, his allies will be more friends to him than whatever the current younku have a allies.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont think luffy will become Yonko because it will make manga boring for lot of reader(well not for me). he will become PK in end .
    why manga become boring if luffy become yonko ?????????
    becose u know what is mean to be yonko . yonko is strongest in all sea. who can defeat his opponent very easily (well not other yonko).
    so will u like luffy come on any place------see opponent------defeat his opponent easily---------go another place

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yonkou is little. He aims to be PK, so I doubt He will "stop" in the stage of Yonkou.

But who knows, it's Oda after all.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    i dont think luffy will become Yonko because it will make manga boring for lot of reader(well not for me). he will become PK in end .
    why manga become boring if luffy become yonko ?????????
    becose u know what is mean to be yonko . yonko is strongest in all sea. who can defeat his opponent very easily (well not other yonko).
    so will u like luffy come on any place------see opponent------defeat his opponent easily---------go another place
    It's true that a Yonkou is crazy strong, but certainly not unbeatable. Luffy and Law are planning an alliance to overthrow one now, for example. So, it's not just about an individual's strength, but about how much force you can assemble under one or more powerhouses, whether on the Yonkou's side or the opposing side.
    Even Luffy as a Yonkou could face a huge number of opponents, which'd give the SHs a tough battle.
    Also, this is NW, everyone's stronger here.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy being a Yonko is ez task already on going but luffy wont call him self a yonko. they will call him that but he will never cae. Most of u are missing the point. U gotta Ask urself questions like. Do all pirates have the same purpose? which is looking for treasures in this case it's One Piece. The answer is sure not WB was not looking for it.
    Can any1 one have\find One Piece?
    Yonkos are described to be he closest to find one piece. So anyone who faces luffy will be defeated.
    What do u have to do to be the Pirate king? whoever finds the One Piece will be the PK<<this might be incorrect(im implying it's not necessary). but the pirate king job is to defeat the World government.
    and the problem is that luffy thinks the most free man is the Pirate king. this might be correct but he has other responsibilities.

this might\does not make sense but when it comes to 'long future predictions' u gotta take me srsly.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Next Yonko?

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The sheep, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think luffy has good qualities for that because he is the type of guy who can make friends and allies fast. That was what mihawk thinks is very dangerous about him.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    It's true that a Yonkou is crazy strong, but certainly not unbeatable. Luffy and Law are planning an alliance to overthrow one now, for example. So, it's not just about an individual's strength, but about how much force you can assemble under one or more powerhouses, whether on the Yonkou's side or the opposing side.
    Even Luffy as a Yonkou could face a huge number of opponents, which'd give the SHs a tough battle.
    Also, this is NW, everyone's stronger here.
    yes in nw everyone is stronger but yonko r on different level they r like final boss of game. we have only see 2 yonko in action (or Little action) .first take Whitebeard old and bad health but u see him fight right he is like to have power of demon/monster anything u like to say. and then we have Red-Haired Shanks who only have one hand . in war Shanks commands enough power to end the war at Marineford with just words; when he stated there was to be no more fighting, no one stepped up to challenge him, even though the Marines were fired up after the death of Ace and Whitebeard. so see both r way beyond nw's stronger pirates
    there is one group of strong pirates and it's called Shichibukai
    Gekko Moriah fought Kaido, and Crocodile fought Whitebeard. and both time yonko win
    and also as u say to defeat one yonko luffy and law r planning alliance mean it's minimum 2 supernova vs 1 yonko in other words 1 supernova cant beat 1 yonko

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    and also as u say to defeat one yonko luffy and law r planning alliance mean it's minimum 2 supernova vs 1 yonko in other words 1 supernova cant beat 1 yonko
    Supernova has nothing to do with fighting yonkou. if that were the case SHs and Kid Pirates dont need an alliance since these groups do have 2 supernovas already.supernova is just a measure of accomplishment on the paradise not necessarily mean enourmous strength.(caribou is also a supernova but his bounty is high since he kills marines not cause he is a force to be reckoned with. ) Fighting with a yonkou means fighting with an enoumous group off ppl that know almost everything to know about their abilities and powers. Besides which luffy has to beat shanks pirates with his own since that was the "promise" he did.

About luffy being a yonkou probably will not mean much but he will have his flag on alot of ground just so he likes ppl mostly like WB did. but since he will become the PK it will not mean much. Also just because there was a yonkou or it got introduced as such does not mean it will always be like that. especially when BB is around.

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    Next Yonko?
    If this turns out to be true, it is once again wonderful foreshadowing by Oda, though certainly BB is already one, but that must mean that Luffy and Buggy have to defeat one. Buggy might just be in the NW now, with his crew, so he may take on Kaido, and Luffy is on his way to beating Big Mom, as he promised.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    Next Yonko?
    There is a strong possibility that this will happen.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast