Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yonkou Luffy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yonkou Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    Supernova has nothing to do with fighting yonkou. if that were the case SHs and Kid Pirates dont need an alliance since these groups do have 2 supernovas already.supernova is just a measure of accomplishment on the paradise not necessarily mean enourmous strength.(caribou is also a supernova but his bounty is high since he kills marines not cause he is a force to be reckoned with. ) Fighting with a yonkou means fighting with an enoumous group off ppl that know almost everything to know about their abilities and powers. Besides which luffy has to beat shanks pirates with his own since that was the "promise" he did.

About luffy being a yonkou probably will not mean much but he will have his flag on alot of ground just so he likes ppl mostly like WB did. but since he will become the PK it will not mean much. Also just because there was a yonkou or it got introduced as such does not mean it will always be like that. especially when BB is around.
    i use supernova because that only similar thing/ranking i find for luffy and law.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

supernova is just a measure of accomplishment on the paradise not necessarily mean enourmous strength.(caribou is also a supernova but his bounty is high since he kills marines not cause he is a force to be reckoned with. )
    No. Supernova is only the term for the 11 pirates (Kid, Luffy, Law, Zoro, Killer, Urogue, Bege, Bonney, Apoo, Drake and Hawkins) used by Oda. The other term inside the story is "Rookie", without any restriction on bounty. Shakuyaku said "11 promising rookies with a bounty that exceeds 100 million beri" - but NEVER used supernova.

So Caribou, nor Coribou, nor Albion, nor Lip Doughty were "supernovae". They are just as much called "Rookie" as Ace and Bellamy.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No. Supernova is only the term for the 11 pirates (Kid, Luffy, Law, Zoro, Killer, Urogue, Bege, Bonney, Apoo, Drake and Hawkins) used by Oda. The other term inside the story is "Rookie", without any restriction on bounty. Shakuyaku said "11 promising rookies with a bounty that exceeds 100 million beri" - but NEVER used supernova.

So Caribou, nor Coribou, nor Albion, nor Lip Doughty were "supernovae". They are just as much called "Rookie" as Ace and Bellamy.
    well you r right about that shakky never used the term but if 1 group is supernova when pass 100 mil. we can say the same for the others i suppose. and from your list only the caribou and coribou is over 100mil. besides bellamy never even made to sabody. though u might be right about oda being specific about 11 supernovas.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy says the Pirate King is the most free man in the world. Conquer islands make him attached to something. He can't be a Yonko, but regarding Fishman Island is just a bluff of the moment.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Luffy says the Pirate King is the most free man in the world. Conquer islands make him attached to something. He can't be a Yonko, but regarding Fishman Island is just a bluff of the moment.
    you overestimate luffy too much. i dont think luffy has a brain big enough to even understand the concept of bluffing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    But isn't the point of becoming a Yonko, having territories in the New World not in the first half of the grandline? But then again Big Mom does own Fishmen Island and it is near the New World.
    Let's say it's a halfway mark.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

well you r right about that shakky never used the term but if 1 group is supernova when pass 100 mil. we can say the same for the others i suppose. and from your list only the caribou and coribou is over 100mil. besides bellamy never even made to sabody. though u might be right about oda being specific about 11 supernovas.
    No, you didn't understand. There are only 11 supernovae and Oda has been very specific about that term "11 supernovae" only to refer to them. He only used that term as title for the 51th volume and the 498th chapter where 9 of those 11 pirates were introduced. In addition, Oda and fan letter writers only referred to those pirates when they used the term "supernova" within the SBS section.

Calling other pirates "supernova" (or even "ultranova" because of the much higher bounties) is completely fan-based. Sure, it's catchy but still wrong nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Arashi View Post
    Luffy can't bluff others as he would need to lie therefore which he just can't. He's also pretty bad at gambling.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    No, you didn't understand. There are only 11 supernovae and Oda has been very specific about that term "11 supernovae" only to refer to them. He only used that term as title for the 51th volume and the 498th chapter where 9 of those 11 pirates were introduced. In addition, Oda and fan letter writers only referred to those pirates when they used the term "supernova" within the SBS section.

Calling other pirates "supernova" (or even "ultranova" because of the much higher bounties) is completely fan-based. Sure, it's catchy but still wrong nonetheless.
    well i see your point and checked it out from the pages. they refer caribou and coribou "super rookies" rather than rookie which they use for ppl less than 100mil bounty. and looked it up on wikia page on 11 supernovae it is apperently odas way of making these 11 individuals more important. i missed that little detail. thanks.
    thou u even shocked me with ultranova 1st time i heard it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep guys, i'm understand Luffy's innocence. But i meant a "plot bluff", the mere acknowledgement of feats while sailing New World its going to protect Fishman Island, not something like Luffy will care about.

Guessing, Gyojin isle it's a kingdom in the World Government group, it's protected by them. It will be discussed about in the Reverie and bound the ties between them.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Yonkou first then Pirate King

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

As it seems Yonkou isn't a title you give to yourself, but a title WG gives To the four most strongest and influentional pirates from New World, so if Luffy manages to defeat any of the current Yonkou, then he might be considered by WG as one.
    I also don't think that Luffy would aim to being Yonkou as his goal is to reach Raftel, find One Piece and become a Pirate King, but knowing Luffy I won't disregard such things as giving his protection to some territories as many of us didn't believe that he would give such to Fishman Island, but in the end he did it and just by this he might also become more well-known around the World.
    Hope after this Arc we will be shown the news around the World about Luffy and his crew.

P.S. I liked the picture with the possible Yonkous. Especially the goattie.))

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't ever see Luffy becoming a Yonkou. Mainly because it's not suited for him. At the best, he'll protect all the islands under him, but I don't see him accepting or acknowledging himself as Yonkou since it doesn't fit his image. I just thought of Luffy wanting to be a pirate king - if he's a Yonkou he cant' really be a pirate king as they might stand in the way of his freedom. The Yonkou are considered equal to each other, and so far Luffy has to be strong enough to take out any enemy Yonkou he has.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with M3J.
    Luffy will never declare himself Yonko, but he will protect the island on which his friends are.
    I think this way of thinking reflects his simple personality.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    I agree with M3J.
    Luffy will never declare himself Yonko, but he will protect the island on which his friends are.
    I think this way of thinking reflects his simple personality.
    You do not declare yourself Yonkou anyway, you are called like that by other people, especially the WG.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't the Yonkou-aspirants have to do something to be called Yonkou, and not just match the power of Yonkou?

If Luffy takes on and beats a Yonkou, especially with Law's help, I doubt he'll be called a Yonkou unless people think Luffy beat a Yonkou by himself. To be a Yonkou, one must match the strength of another Yonkou or be very close to it... if Luffy wins with help, he can't be considered Yonkou level as he didn't win due to his own power. Same with Law. Maybe this is a way Oda might use to avoid Luffy being called a Yonkou?

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast