Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    I created this thread to account what bounty a character could get if he was a pirate (or an active pirate for the Shichibukai). Similar to how Oda said Enel would get at least 500,000,000 if he was a pirate.

    My first query would be Wiper. My guess is that he would get a bounty of 90,000,000.
    Last edited by Fox666; April 22, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  2. #2
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    with ya mom!..
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Care to come with an explanation for why his bounty would be 90 mil? :-)
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    England
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Because Wiper is clearly skilled, put up a good fight againist Luffy. With intel and preparation, he actually has a chance of defeating him. Gave Enel, a challenging fight and has good fighting skills. If they was to show Wiper in the timeskip, I bet he be stronger than he was. Only time will tell.

    Bon Clay would have been £60 million around that level.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #4
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Bon Clay would honestly be at least 300 million belis, easily.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    He didn't stand much of a chance against Hina, who even a while later, was too slow for gear 2 Luffy. Although he was almost on par with Sanji during the Alabasta arc, his growth in strength shouldn't grow as fast as the strawhats, both pre-ts and post-ts. On the note about strength, Bon Clay did manage to beat Hannabyl while getting him distracted, and helped to defeat an impel down beast on (level 2?), so in terms of strength, he should be at least 50-100mil.

    His devil fruit ability is a kicker though, being able to fake a Magellan has the potential to piss of the world government to a huge extent - especially if he could touch a world noble, admiral, warlord etc while in that form (lol, Okama Akainu ftw...) - but other than that, I don't think he poses as much of a threat considering his nature. If he does one day break out of impel down, leading a riot again, I do believe his bounty would go as high as 200-300mil for such a feat, depending on how strong he gets in future.


    edit:

    As for Wiper, I think it depends... Wiper doesn't appear to be an evil guy, only vengeful. If annoying pirates pick on his crew a lot, he would definitely try to wipe them out, no matter how strong they are - so he does have a strong will. I think he could easily get a 200mil bounty for a person of his willpower and determination (staying alive after so many reject impacts).

    If Aokiji were a pirate now... a lone pirate, I believe his bounty would be over 550mil as he would have many secrets of the marines, and know their weak points - on top of being a beast to which very few people could match. Sure, he wouldn't be a bad pirate, killing civilians and such, but just being a pirate itself is bad in the eyes of the WG, and they all understand his caliber well.
    Last edited by minimz; April 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

  8. #6
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    The bounty I think he deserves isn't just based on his strength, but what he can do with his devil fruit. The ability to copy anyone's face that he touches makes Bon Clay one of the most dangerous individuals. If he turned evil or was bored and wanted to wreak havoc, Bon Clay would have a great way of doing so. I mean, he can look a lot like the king of Alabasta and attack any country and cause war if he wanted to.

    Basically, his devil fruit alone should give him a very high bounty.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #7
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,271
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Bon Clay had a posted bounty 32million beri. If he escaped Impel Down it would have gone up. Not to 300million though. Luffy's bounty was raised to 300million beri after Enes Lobby. Bon Clay has done nothing comparable. Bounty is not meant as a measure of power level, or assessment of combat prowess. It is a measure of deed, based on the severity of criminal activity. Kid had the highest bounty among the Supernova not because of who he fought, but for killing civilians. Robin was given a bounty at eight as a survivor of Ohara, not because she was the strongest grade schooler in West Blue.

    Crocodiles current bounty is probably 300million beri or higher. He was former head of Baroque Works, a criminal organization. Losing to Luffy at Alabasta shamed the World Government, and the institution of the Shichibukai. He then escaped Impel Down, and fought against the government at Marineford. That should be enough to earn a bounty of 300-400million. Daz Bones bonty probably will be 100-150 lower than Crocodile's. 150-250million beri sounds appropriate.

  11. #8
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    I know that, but I'm talking about the potential trouble Bon Clay can cause. He caused a civil war by pretending to be Cobra and managed to get Luffy and his group free by pretendin to be Hannybal. The danger he poses is pretty great, even if he is weak by New World's standards. He doesn't have to do anything comparable to Luffy or Kidd. Like Robin, the potential of what may happen can be what gives him a high bounty.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #9
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Crocodiles current bounty is probably 300million beri or higher. He was former head of Baroque Works, a criminal organization. Losing to Luffy at Alabasta shamed the World Government, and the institution of the Shichibukai. He then escaped Impel Down, and fought against the government at Marineford. That should be enough to earn a bounty of 300-400million. Daz Bones bonty probably will be 100-150 lower than Crocodile's. 150-250million beri sounds appropriate.
    Shaming the Shichibukai shouldn't have had anything to do with his bounty. In fact, the moment people found out Luffy is the grandchild of Garp and the child of Dragon its likely nobody looks down on Crocodile or Lucci anymore.
    Its the fact that his corrupt plans for Alabasta had come to light although they forced Smoker to accept the credit.

  14. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    Israel
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Quote Originally Posted by minimz View Post
    He didn't stand much of a chance against Hina, who even a while later, was too slow for gear 2 Luffy. Although he was almost on par with Sanji during the Alabasta arc, his growth in strength shouldn't grow as fast as the strawhats, both pre-ts and post-ts. On the note about strength, Bon Clay did manage to beat Hannabyl while getting him distracted, and helped to defeat an impel down beast on (level 2?), so in terms of strength, he should be at least 50-100mil.

    His devil fruit ability is a kicker though, being able to fake a Magellan has the potential to piss of the world government to a huge extent - especially if he could touch a world noble, admiral, warlord etc while in that form (lol, Okama Akainu ftw...) - but other than that, I don't think he poses as much of a threat considering his nature. If he does one day break out of impel down, leading a riot again, I do believe his bounty would go as high as 200-300mil for such a feat, depending on how strong he gets in future.


    edit:

    As for Wiper, I think it depends... Wiper doesn't appear to be an evil guy, only vengeful. If annoying pirates pick on his crew a lot, he would definitely try to wipe them out, no matter how strong they are - so he does have a strong will. I think he could easily get a 200mil bounty for a person of his willpower and determination (staying alive after so many reject impacts).

    If Aokiji were a pirate now... a lone pirate, I believe his bounty would be over 550mil as he would have many secrets of the marines, and know their weak points - on top of being a beast to which very few people could match. Sure, he wouldn't be a bad pirate, killing civilians and such, but just being a pirate itself is bad in the eyes of the WG, and they all understand his caliber well.
    The reason Hina had won against Bon Clay in their match is because of her fruit, which works as a perfect counter to someone like Bon Clay or Sanji.
    But in fact, Bon Clay and say, Mr.1 are really underestimated. Sanji of Eniess Lobby could easily one shot Kalifa, and since there's a very little gap (if at all) between that Sanji and Sanji of Arabasta (considering that between the two arcs Sanji did not participate in any notable fights), we can deduce that even back in Arabasta Sanji was strong enough to defeat the likes of Kalifa without trouble, and by extension Bon Clay could as well (remember, the two fought equally, the difference is that Sanji's endurence is better. Bon Clay actually managed to force Sanji to go all out).

    The Strawhats didn't really grow up in power as much as people would like to think. Their real major powers were DJ and Gear 3rd. During Eniess Lobby they were unmotivated and weakened, as explained in the manga.

  15. #11
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Actually, they were very motivated in Enies Lobby. The lack of motivation didn't happen, but they were confused when they met CP9 in Iceburg's room because they didn't know what was going on with Robin. After they realized the truth, they were extremely motivated and at their best in order to win. At least, Luffy was. I don't think Zoro was going completely all out, and possibly Sanji either.

  16. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    Israel
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Actually, they were very motivated in Enies Lobby. The lack of motivation didn't happen, but they were confused when they met CP9 in Iceburg's room because they didn't know what was going on with Robin. After they realized the truth, they were extremely motivated and at their best in order to win. At least, Luffy was. I don't think Zoro was going completely all out, and possibly Sanji either.
    Yeah, sorry. I meant in Water 7 and in the fights on their way to Eniess Lobby. Sanji for example couldn't hurt Blueno, but after that call (I think it was from Nami) he almost broke through his Tekkai. Had the fight went on beyond only two kicks, Sanji would've won.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Bon Clay had a posted bounty 32million beri. If he escaped Impel Down it would have gone up. Not to 300million though. Luffy's bounty was raised to 300million beri after Enes Lobby. Bon Clay has done nothing comparable. Bounty is not meant as a measure of power level, or assessment of combat prowess. It is a measure of deed, based on the severity of criminal activity. Kid had the highest bounty among the Supernova not because of who he fought, but for killing civilians. Robin was given a bounty at eight as a survivor of Ohara, not because she was the strongest grade schooler in West Blue.

    Crocodiles current bounty is probably 300million beri or higher. He was former head of Baroque Works, a criminal organization. Losing to Luffy at Alabasta shamed the World Government, and the institution of the Shichibukai. He then escaped Impel Down, and fought against the government at Marineford. That should be enough to earn a bounty of 300-400million. Daz Bones bonty probably will be 100-150 lower than Crocodile's. 150-250million beri sounds appropriate.
    Since Impel Down orders the prisoners based on their bounties, that actually answers the thread question. Level 3 and 5 require a bounty of 50 and 100 million respectively, and probably it requires zero, 25 and 75 million for level 1, 2 and 4. Meaning Galdino would be worth 25-50 million, Bentham 50-75 million, and Daz Bones 75-100 million. Not even Luffy with a 300 million bounty was enough to be in Level 6, so Crocodile would also be worth more than that. Ironically Crocodile and Daz Bones are worth more than the bounties issued in Luffy and Zoro heads after the Arabasta arc.

    My bet would be on this:
    - Mr. 0: 450,000,000
    - Mr. 1: 80,000,000
    - Mr. 2 Bon Kurei: 70,000,000
    - Mr. 3: 45,000,000
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  19. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: If X was a pirate, his bounty would be...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Bon Clay had a posted bounty 32million beri. If he escaped Impel Down it would have gone up. Not to 300million though. Luffy's bounty was raised to 300million beri after Enes Lobby. Bon Clay has done nothing comparable. Bounty is not meant as a measure of power level, or assessment of combat prowess. It is a measure of deed, based on the severity of criminal activity. Kid had the highest bounty among the Supernova not because of who he fought, but for killing civilians. Robin was given a bounty at eight as a survivor of Ohara, not because she was the strongest grade schooler in West Blue.

    Crocodiles current bounty is probably 300million beri or higher. He was former head of Baroque Works, a criminal organization. Losing to Luffy at Alabasta shamed the World Government, and the institution of the Shichibukai. He then escaped Impel Down, and fought against the government at Marineford. That should be enough to earn a bounty of 300-400million. Daz Bones bonty probably will be 100-150 lower than Crocodile's. 150-250million beri sounds appropriate.
    In SBS Vol. 36, there was a reply to fan question: What are the bounties in the world of One Piece based on?
    Part of reply was that if the World Government had known Crocodile was head of Baroque Works, his bounty would be at least 162,000,000.
    Quote from One Piece wikia
    "O: This is a tricky question, the more you consider it. The "Shichibukai" are on the government's side, so their bounties are removed once they are accepted. So the Shichibukai's numbers are called former bounties, but because Baroque Works was secretly formed after Crocodile became a Shichibukai, the number won't change to reflect that. If Crocodile still had an active bounty, it would probably be at least double that of 81 million."

    and to add to Crocodiles bounty discussion he wasnt seen in last two years, at least he wasnt seen by any Marines. http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/New_World_Times
    So beside what he did at Whitebeard war/Escaping impel down I dont see reasons for his bounty to be really much over 300 milions if he even hits that mark- he wasnt active during 2 years time skip so his bounty would be hmmm lets say 290 milions. As for Mr 1 I would say that 170 milions would be just about right.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts