Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Oshitari Kenya

The results are hidden 0%
  • Akutagawa Jirou

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Oshitari K. vs Akutagawa

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Oshitari K. vs Akutagawa

Singles 2Oshitari KenyaAkutagawa Jirou
    TitleNaniwa's Speed Star -
    SchoolShitenhouji 3rd YearHyoutei Gakuen 3rd Year
    Height177 cm160 cm
    Weight63 kg49 kg
    Dominant HandRightRight
    PlaystyleOffensive Counter PuncherServe and Volley
    TechniquesSpeed TennisMagic Volley

Akutagawa serves first.

This round ends on Saturday, September 15th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Oshitari K. vs Akutagawa

Another close match.
    Kenya is so fast that he might reach Akutagawa volleys (even though they barely bounce) but I really don't see him reaching every single ball, he would probably feel really tired by the end of the match. Akutagawa starts serving, and is capable of defending every single of his serving games (thanks to his top spin serve) so I'm gonna say that my boy Jirou, the forgotten bro, wins this half asleep 7-6 6-4.
    Last edited by Hardy; September 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Jirou's volleys might be a problem, but Regionals Fuji defeated him. Regionals Fuji would get destroyed by Nationals Shiraishi. Kenya took 3 points out of him, while Jirou for sure won't be able to do that.

Kenya is really fast and probably would catch up comfortably Jirou's volleys, and probably has more power than him. Jirou doesn't have anything appart from his volleys, so I don't think he'll put up much of a fight.

Kenya wins this 6-2 or 6-3.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; September 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kenya wins. Jirou got beat by Fuji 6-1. That's harsh. Shiraishi then proceed to beat that Fuji almost 6-0 without an upgrade (And It would be that way if Fuji doesn't get his 5th counter). Kenya got 3 point out of 10 off Shiraishi. I think it's really clear Kenya's stronger. Fuji can't get point off Shiraishi. Kenya can. It look like 6-1 or even 6-0 to Kenya for me. It's rather unfortunate we don't see another match from Jirou, as he probably would have improve,
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Oshitari K. vs Akutagawa

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think Kenya wins. Jirou got beat by Fuji 6-1. That's harsh. Shiraishi then proceed to beat that Fuji almost 6-0 without an upgrade (And It would be that way if Fuji doesn't get his 5th counter). Kenya got 3 point out of 10 off Shiraishi. I think it's really clear Kenya's stronger. Fuji can't get point off Shiraishi. Kenya can. It look like 6-1 or even 6-0 to Kenya for me. It's rather unfortunate we don't see another match from Jirou, as he probably would have improve,
    This is a good point. Regionals!Fuji > Jirou as far as we're concerned. and Regionals!Fuji as you said cannot take a point off of Shriaishi while Kenya took 3.
    Also, Kenya is the upgrade to Kamio. He was depicted as a better Kamio like Gin is a better Tetsu.

Can't confirm who is the better player here. But I believe its Kenya. If Fuji was quick enough to catch volleys, then Kenya has to be.

Oshitari Kenya wins
    7-5, 6-3

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

While Kenya may not have shown that much in the 18/19 match, don't forget about his teleportation level speed in the introduction of the BJB to the U-17 Camp. Jirou has not had ANY improvement in the series and Kenya's definitely fast enough to get to the balls.

Kenya wins 6-0 or 6-1. If you want two sets, probably 6-0 6-1 or 6-1 6-1.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    While Kenya may not have shown that much in the 18/19 match, don't forget about his teleportation level speed in the introduction of the BJB to the U-17 Camp. Jirou has not had ANY improvement in the series and Kenya's definitely fast enough to get to the balls.

Kenya wins 6-0 or 6-1. If you want two sets, probably 6-0 6-1 or 6-1 6-1.
    I wouldn't got that far. Against Hara/Taira he was about as much use as Momoshiro's first racket, which got destroyed by Taira's Bakyuun.
    All he has improved on is Speed and Balance. Nothing else lol.

I'm not sure it would be an ass-kicking by Kenya.

But your right, despite the pages where Konomi has the MSers randomly insist that everybody has improved everyday and other difficult to believe things, Jirou hasn't improved at since Regionals.
    So yeah, Akutagawa shouldn't have any chance of winning.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I wouldn't got that far. Against Hara/Taira he was about as much use as Momoshiro's first racket, which got destroyed by Taira's Bakyuun.
    All he has improved on is Speed and Balance. Nothing else lol.
    It won't be an ass-kicking.
    Jirou is not that quick, however. You could hit to the side and Jirou would have to dive back, limiting the effectiveness. Plus, it's not as if Jirou should even be able to get to all the balls hit to the side.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Jirou is not that quick, however. You could hit to the side and Jirou would have to dive back, limiting the effectiveness. Plus, it's not as if Jirou should even be able to get to all the balls hit to the side.
    I wouldn't say the guy is slow either. ''He's already there!''
    Indicating he's kinda quick.
    He could cope/survive against Kenya who has been unimpressive in SPoT, despite being what we could call our ''first JESUS'' of the series since he ran on water. That was damn impressive.

I have a feeling Kenya is Intense Speed and nothing else. So yeah Kenya will win, but it will be a good match.
    I don't think Kenya is out of Jirou's league.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So you are saying that SPOT Kenya would be a match for Regionals Fuji? No way, he's Fuji! And remember that Jirou vs Fuji was a special match, Fuji was determined to beat the crap out of Akutagawa (because he did that to Yuuta)

Jirou has his top spin serve, that would give him enough time to reach the net and defend his service games. And his volleys barely bounce (retrieveing so many low shots is a hell of a problem for your back and knees, poor Kenya). Oshitari has to be running the whole match. Yeah, he may be like Usain Bolt, but he's no marathoner, he'll be tired enough in the tie break to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I have a feeling Kenya is Intense Speed and nothing else.
    Last edited by Hardy; September 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    So you are saying that SPOT Kenya would be a match for Regionals Fuji? No way, he's Fuji! And remember that Jirou vs Fuji was a special match, Fuji was determined to beat the crap out of Akutagawa (because he did that to Yuuta)
    So? That doesn't mean anything. Regional Fuji is crap. He got beat by Shiraishit 5-0, and would end in 6-0 without his new counter. Kenya takes off some point off Shiraishi. It's National Fuji that's high tier player, not the regional one. The regional Fuji fought evenly with Kirihara, who national version got completely destroy by Yanagi. That's kind of crappy.

It's just different tier. Kenya is out of Jirou's league. Fuji>>>>>Jirou and Shiraishi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Regional Fuji. I don't see ANY upgrade for Jirou ever since his match with Fuji. I'm obviously not giving him any credit that he doesn't deserve just because he's a likable character.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So? That doesn't mean anything. Regional Fuji is crap. He got beat by Shiraishit 5-0, and would end in 6-0 without his new counter. Kenya takes off some point off Shiraishi. It's National Fuji that's high tier player, not the regional one. The regional Fuji fought evenly with Kirihara, who national version got completely destroy by Yanagi. That's kind of crappy.

It's just different tier. Kenya is out of Jirou's league. Fuji>>>>>Jirou and Shiraishi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Regional Fuji. I don't see ANY upgrade for Jirou ever since his match with Fuji. I'm obviously not giving him any credit that he doesn't deserve just because he's a likable character.
    Kenya took 3 points playing against Shiraishi. So what? Just because Kenya took 3 freaking points against Shiraishi doesn't make him automatically better.

You are comparing too many matches. Reg Angry Fuji won easily against Jirou. Reg Fuji won by a little against MUGA KIRIHARA. Shiraishi was beating Reg Fuji JUST BECAUSE OF HIS PLAYING STYLE, which was completely effective against Reg Fuji. All these matches are completely different, in different situations.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Kenya took 3 points playing against Shiraishi. So what? Just because Kenya took 3 freaking points against Shiraishi doesn't make him automatically better.

You are comparing too many matches. Reg Angry Fuji won easily against Jirou. Reg Fuji won by a little against MUGA KIRIHARA. Shiraishi was beating Reg Fuji JUST BECAUSE OF HIS PLAYING STYLE, which was completely effective against Reg Fuji. All these matches are completely different, in different situations.

Yeah, but what can Jirpu do appart from doing volleys? Also, Kenya completely overwhelms Jirou in speed, balance, and probably power. Jirou's magic volley isn't that hard to return, Kenya would return it with his speed. Jirou's a forgotten bro. Kenya wins completely the match.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yeah, but what can Jirpu do appart from doing volleys? Also, Kenya completely overwhelms Jirou in speed, balance, and probably power. Jirou's magic volley isn't that hard to return, Kenya would return it with his speed. Jirou's a forgotten bro. Kenya wins completely the match.
    As far as we know, he is only faster.

Jirou's volleys ARE hard to return. Fuji had to use Hakugei to prevent Jirou from using his volleys.
    Last edited by Hardy; September 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    This we don't know as of yet.
    We know that good technique can stop him from using it, but not if its easy to return. It's actually near impossible to return.
    Kenya winning, I believe is what will happen though.

Still, although Kenya is now God's Speed with Perfect balance, it makes him an amazing 100m athlete like Eiji Kikumaru has referred him to Usain Bolt. It doesn't necessarily make him too much of a better tennis player.

Kenya should win, only because he is good enough to lose 7-3 to Shiraishi.

Jirou serve lets him get to the net real quick. The issue is does Kenya have the necessary technique to seal away his Volleying ability.
    This we do not know.
    I say Oshitari Kenya 6-3 win.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast