Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Oshitari Kenya

The results are hidden 0%
  • Akutagawa Jirou

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Oshitari K. vs Akutagawa

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Singles 2] Oshitari K. vs Akutagawa

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    He probably needed a lob and not specifically Hakugei. Kenya can probably hit lobs when the game reaches like 4-4 or 5-5.
    Jirou is 160 cm tall... even though Kenya isn't the most accurate person (at least that's what is shown in the Ovas), and he probably will be very tired by the end of the match, he doesn't need a Moon Volley to win against Jirou.

Again, I'll let him lose lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You people all lost faith in the forgotten bro, what's wrong with you all. Atobe had confidence in putting him in the Singles 2 spot in their match against Seigaku. Jiro is one of the best players on Hyotei. Kenya is not one of the best players on Shitenhouji. If Konomi had a matchup between Hyotei and Shitenhouji and Kenya/Jiro got paired up in singles, I really think Jiro would take it. It's kind of like Bunta playing singles against Kenya. I am 100% positive that Bunta would win against Kenya. Jiroh is a bit worse than Bunta but still good enough to win. I really don't think Kenya has anything against Jiro.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    You people all lost faith in the forgotten bro, what's wrong with you all. Atobe had confidence in putting him in the Singles 2 spot in their match against Seigaku. Jiro is one of the best players on Hyotei. Kenya is not one of the best players on Shitenhouji. If Konomi had a matchup between Hyotei and Shitenhouji and Kenya/Jiro got paired up in singles, I really think Jiro would take it. It's kind of like Bunta playing singles against Kenya. I am 100% positive that Bunta would win against Kenya. Jiroh is a bit worse than Bunta but still good enough to win. I really don't think Kenya has anything against Jiro.
    Me neither, I really think that Jirou is capable of winning against Kenya (I defended the guy in the last 2 pages). But, since Jirou hasn't shown any improvement since Kanto (lazy Konomi) and Kenya is a Counter Puncher, Naniwa's speed star probably wins this.

Jirou is Hyotei's 3rd best player, and Kenya is the 5th or 6th (or something like that) in Shitenhouji... But that doesn't mean anything, Shitenhouji is better than Hyotei lol.
    fapfapfap

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You people all lost faith in the forgotten bro, what's wrong with you all. Atobe had confidence in putting him in the Singles 2 spot in their match against Seigaku.
    That was because they all fatally underestimated Fuji. If he knew Fuji's true abilities he still would have been in a difficult situation since besides Atobe nobody from Hyotei can defeat Fuji.
    Also, it's irrelevant since that was back at the Regionals. At Nationals, where Kenya is introduced, you really think Jirou would be in Singles 2 against Fuji?? God no.

Jiro is one of the best players on Hyotei. Kenya is not one of the best players on Shitenhouji. If Konomi had a matchup between Hyotei and Shitenhouji and Kenya/Jiro got paired up in singles, I really think Jiro would take it. It's kind of like Bunta playing singles against Kenya. I am 100% positive that Bunta would win against Kenya. Jiroh is a bit worse than Bunta but still good enough to win. I really don't think Kenya has anything against Jiro.
    Being 3rd Best in Hyotei means nothing lol.
    Kabaji can't be tiered, then we have Hiyoshi, Shishido, Ootori and Mukahi lol.

Whilst Shitenhouji have Tooyama, Shiraishi, Chitose, Gin, then Kenya or Zaizen. I mean, Shitenhouji is a far stronger side than Hyoutei.
    Whilst its true Marui > Kenya, Marui is a lot better than Jirou. He is somebody who returned Jack Knife and completely bossed a match against Kaidoh/Momoshiro.
    Marui has a variety of volleys and just the fact Rikkai allowed him to play Singles as shown in the Databook let's you know he is a lot better than Jirou.

Jiro has a lot against him. His volleys can be sealed with lobs. He doesnt have Temporal Difference Hell or anything like that.
    What's worse, he's up against the fastest in the series who just so happens to be a Counterpuncher.

Kenya has a lot against Jirou. Kenya can get to the net MUCH faster than Jirou, which means eventually he should be able to catch Magic Volley before it touches the ground.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was because they all fatally underestimated Fuji. If he knew Fuji's true abilities he still would have been in a difficult situation since besides Atobe nobody from Hyotei can defeat Fuji.
    Also, it's irrelevant since that was back at the Regionals.
    It is relevant because that was the only time we see Jiro play a full match.

Quote Quote:
    Jiro has a lot against him. His volleys can be sealed with lobs.
    This is a bad argument because it can be said against anybody. Just because hypothetically a volley can lose against a lob does not mean it will happen.

Quote Quote:
    What's worse, he's up against the fastest in the series who just so happens to be a Counterpuncher.
    What does this even mean? I don't see why this has any part in why Kenya would win.

Quote Quote:
    Kenya has a lot against Jirou. Kenya can get to the net MUCH faster than Jirou, which means eventually he should be able to catch Magic Volley before it touches the ground.
    This doesn't mean Kenya can return it, nor does it mean he will reach the ball in time. It is merely a "possibility." If you went only by this logic, that means Bunta wouldn't be able to win a game on Kenya because he would simply return every volley. We know Kenya can't return all volleys simply by the matches he has already played.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What does this even mean? I don't see why this has any part in why Kenya would win.
    Jirou's serve was handled really easily. It wasn't that impressive.
    I'll break it down for you Eiji Kikumaru.

Fuji showed us all you gotta do to keep your serve against Jirou is keep him at the baseline:
    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27038...apter-141.html

Which is a standard skill for any Counterpuncher. Since their style is based on consistency.

Akutagawa fights back however, with his ability to reach the net thanks to how he serves.
    http://www.mangareader.net/422-27038...apter-141.html
    And he can go even better than that with this:

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27039...apter-142.html

So it is impossible for Kenya to give Akutagawa a 6-1 or 6-2.
    Since Kenya is without a Special shot, and its not like he is known for having great technique.

They are in the same league. Kenya 6-3 win.

This is because Akutagawa has a play style that is weak against Counterpunchers as they hit they try same type of shot constantly and wait to counter, instead of going out with the aim to attack.
    It would be great if everyone read every single previous comment in the next match...
    fapfapfap

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oshitari Kenya: 4 votes
    Akutagawa Jirou: 6 votes

Winner: Akutagawa Jirou