Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Hakamada Izou/Mitsuya Akuto

The results are hidden 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

Doubles 1Hakamada IzouTachibana Kippei
    Title - Wings of Kyuushu
    SchoolHigh School 3rd YearFudomine 3rd Year
    Height???179 cm
    Weight???67 kg
    Dominant HandLeftRight
    PlaystyleAggressive BaselinerAll Rounder
    TechniquesVanishAbare Jishi
    Abare Dama
    Moujuu no Aura
    Moujuu no Synchro
    - - -
    - Mitsuya AkutoChitose Senri
    Title - Wings of Kyuushu
    SchoolHigh School 2nd YearShitenhouji 3rd Year
    Height???194 cm
    Weight???81 kg
    Dominant HandRightLeft
    PlaystyleCounter PuncherAll Rounder
    TechniquesData TennisKamikakushi
    Muga no Kyouchi
    Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami
    Moujuu no Synchro

Mitsuya serves first.

This round ends on Saturday, September 15th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FuRinKaZan's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

Mitsuya and Hakamada.. is not enough to beat de TWoK, hs skills in individuals aren't stronger than Chitose/Tachibana pair, with the great techniques, and the MnSynchro, makes one of the most powerfull pairs.. for me Chiitose and Kippei Wins

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

I'm going with Tachibana&Chitose. Mitsuya and Hakamada are singles players, and I don't think that would be enough to defeat WoK, since them were a doubles pair before and now in the U-17 Camp. Also, WoK should be stronger than them because of Mojuu no Synchro, maybe Vanish would be a threat but I'm pretty sure it would be defeated. I don't see Mitsuya giving much hard time tough.

So, because of the lack of cooperation between Mitsuya and Hakamada since they are singles players, and WoK are a pair of players that know very well each other and are really strong when it comes to doubles with Mojuu No Synchro, Tachibana and Chitose win this.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't understimate this pair just because they are singles players.
    Vanish is a hell of a tech, and you may say "hey, Chitose has Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami, he might see Vanish" but Saiki only works in singles.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...tsu-in-Doubles
    We have heard about Mojuu no Synchro, but we haven't seen it.
    It all depends in how strong is Mojuu no Synchro, but it's obviously not as strong as a real Synchro. So, I'm going with the Hs.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with the ex-1st stringer here. Wing of Kyushu so far lost to 3rd court 7-6. 3rd court get completely stomp by 1st stringer whos rank is lower than these two. I'm just gonna go off that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitsuya is between Inui and Yanagi.
    and Hakamada >>> Matsudaira.

So imagine Hakamada paired with Inui or Yanagi.
    It doesn't look like so much of an ass-kicking now does it.

My only issue is the Beast SYnchro thing. Whether it will actually exist or not. Synchro is only in a pinch. We don't know if Tachibana/Chitose can even use it at will.

Also, Vanish is a Serve as well as a tennis shot.
    This means, Hakamada I doubt will lose his service games.

Kamikakushi will be returned after a few games. With only Abare Dama being a big way to score. That shouldn't last too long if Washio/Suzuki went 7-6 with them.
    Data Tennis's effectiveness significantly lifts in Doubles as well.

Hakamada/Mitsuya 6-3 Tachibana/Chitose

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if Vanish is used on the serve, Chitose could use SKnK on it. He can simply predict where the ball will go for Vanish but he wouldn't be able to predict further than that since there are more players. Also, I doubt Hakamada/Mitsuya can return Abare Dama.

Since Synchro allows two minds to be connected as one, it eliminates one of the variables SKnK needs to take into account, your partner. Also it has been stated that SKnK can work with 2v1. So if Chitose and Tachibana link minds, Chitose can simply tell Tachibana where to hit or he can read his mind with ease. So if SKnK works, then Data Tennis is broken down.

Kamikakushi would probably be returned after a couple of shots, once you know the principle behind the shot, it's easily to predict.

Also, since WoK have paired up in the past and the two highschoolers are a makeshift pair, the WoK have an upper hand.

For me, Tachibana/Chitose wins.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Well, if Vanish is used on the serve, Chitose could use SKnK on it. He can simply predict where the ball will go for Vanish but he wouldn't be able to predict further than that since there are more players. Also, I doubt Hakamada/Mitsuya can return Abare Dama.
    SKnK is Singles only. So he can't use that.
    He couldn't against Washio/Suzuki so no reason to suggest he can against Hakamada/Mitsuya.

Abare Dama will take games, but for how long? Tooyama returned it first time.

Since Synchro allows two minds to be connected as one, it eliminates one of the variables SKnK needs to take into account, your partner. Also it has been stated that SKnK can work with 2v1.
    Special techniques haven't been used in Aura. I personally believe we have seen Special Movements within Aura however. But as for techniques I don't think they can be used in Synchro.
    Otherwise Atobe would have brought out a variety of techniques when in Synchro with Niou against Ochi and Mouri.
    Instead, he left Synchro and used World of Ice and AK.

So if Chitose and Tachibana link minds, Chitose can simply tell Tachibana where to hit or he can read his mind with ease. So if SKnK works, then Data Tennis is broken down.
    SKnK seriously cannot work in Doubles unless we see it.
    So Data Tennis from Mitsuya stays in effect.

Also, since WoK have paired up in the past and the two highschoolers are a makeshift pair, the WoK have an upper hand.
    Shiraishi/Kirihara makeshift pair bt Miyako/Matsudaira who I doubt as a makeshift pair.

Oshitari.K/Momoshiro another example of makeshift pairs defeating Official Pairs.

You've said nothing to suggest Tachibana and Chitose can win this yet lol.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but also consider Tachibana/Chitose had more time to train since the Court 5 vs. Court 3 team shuffle. Also, their cooperation and harmony as a pair also help them, I doubt Hakamada/Mitsuya as a pair would work well. Even if Hakamada has Vanish, I see Chitose using SKNK and returning it, and Tachibana with Abare Dama and Abare Jishi getting points out of Mitsuya/Hakamada.

Also, Tachibana and Chitose didn't pair up for 1 year when they played Wassio/Shuzuki, bet they would have won if they had more time to train together. Also, they almost won, so Mojuu No Synchro is probably as strong as regular synchro. Also, even if they synchro, Mitsuya's Data Tennis won't work, as I don't think he'll predict WoK moves, much like if Chitose was also able to use Saiki as Data Tennis is useless. Tachibana/Chitose win this, as Vanish will be returned and Mitsuya's Data Tennis won't work against Synchro or Saiki.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yeah, but also consider Tachibana/Chitose had more time to train since the Court 5 vs. Court 3 team shuffle. Also, their cooperation and harmony as a pair also help them, I doubt Hakamada/Mitsuya as a pair would work well. Even if Hakamada has Vanish, I see Chitose using SKNK and returning it,
    Kaoz? Sai? Can one of you type in bold capitals that as far as the readers know SKnK is Singles only?
    I don't want to repeat it.
    Can we please read posts before making replies? This way the tournament can only move forwards instead of going back on the same thing.

SKnK cannot be used in Doubles as far as we know. Otherwise Tezuka!Niou would have used it when paired with Atobe and Chitose would have used it against Washio/Suzuki.

and Tachibana with Abare Dama and Abare Jishi getting points out of Mitsuya/Hakamada.
    That cannot compare to Vanish. Tooyama returned Abare Dama first time. It took Tooyama what must have been several games to return Vanish. He had to use clones at that.

Also, Tachibana and Chitose didn't pair up for 1 year when they played Wassio/Suzuki, bet they would have won if they had more time to train together. Also, they almost won, so Mojuu No Synchro is probably as strong as regular synchro.
    We don't know anything about it. But I believe it is even better than regular Synchro.

Also, even if they synchro, Mitsuya's Data Tennis won't work, as I don't think he'll predict WoK moves, much like if Chitose was also able to use Saiki as Data Tennis is useless. Tachibana/Chitose win this, as Vanish will be returned and Mitsuya's Data Tennis won't work against Synchro or Saiki.
    We don't know yet if they can use this at will. Remember how surprised everybody gets when they see a pair use it at will?
    We haven't seen Beast Synchro, so we should no count it just yet since we don't know about whether or not they have it on demand.

I mean come on, it was mentioned by Washio and nobody else, and hasn't been mentioned since.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Several games to Tooyama? It only looked like one game for me, not that many. Still we don't know how much, but I think Tooyama defeated Vanish quick, Tachibana and Chitose are skilled players, what prevents them for not being able to break Vanish?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; September 12, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@LetalHawk
    As your the guy who argued that sweat means several games must have taken place.

Here he is at the start:
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/56/9

Here he is again several points in three different panels have gone by:
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/59/3

Here he is, with far more sweat and stains than before, Tooyama still letting Vanish pass him:
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/62/2
    So we know, some time has gone since the last time we saw him.

http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/62/3
    The fact that he says ''Little by little'' means that slowly he is getting there. This means he has had to go through several attempts.
    I think we DO know that it has taken Tooyama some games to return Vanish.
    Secondly, it required the Clone Technique. And guess what. Neither Tachibana and Chitose can create clones.

So we have Data Tennis, Vanish VS Abare Dama and Kamikakushi and Standard Muga.
    Its a tight match.
    I believe however now that I have rethought things,
    Hakamada/Mitsuya 7-5 Tachibana/Chitose or 7-6.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tachibana used Super Rising before, can't he do it against Vanish?

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

SKnK isn't exactly singles only. If it is 2v1, it still works. So if Chitose is by himself and is playing against two other players, he can still use SKnK. So it is not limited to 1v1, the only requirement is that Chitose be on his own.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Tachibana used Super Rising before, can't he do it against Vanish?
    If he can see it.
    VAnish creates a smokescreen. Don't you think Tooyama who is better than Tachibana would have hit it if he could see it?
    http://www.mangareader.net/new-prince-of-tennis/56/10
    Impossible to see as shown.

Vanish is impossible to see and predict until it shoots up.
    He can't use Super Rising if the ball is hidden.

But yeah, Super Rising was forgotten to add in to Tachibana's techniques in this thread.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if he can't see it, but wouldn't he be fast enough with Mojuu No Aura to reach the ball before it touches the ground or before it creates the dustcloud?

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast