Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Hakamada Izou/Mitsuya Akuto

The results are hidden 0%
  • Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

this one's tough for me. i like chitose/tachibana pair but they got defeated by synchro of a lower that 1st stringers

while i can see chitose and tachibana evolving their abilities, (beast synchro) ,and their teamwork. I can even image chitose opening another gate of muga.

the data guy is the one that taught renji, so he appears the master of data tennis. even if match wins are situational ,meaning.. can i say he's better than renji but suckier than inui who is generally seen as lower than renji. its troubling to rank based on data ability. data tennis relies on previous recorded data or data recorded during the match.

i would make it a very close game with chitose/tachibana pair winning barley vs Hakamada/Mitsuya,
    although vanish is a good skill, in a doubles match i feel it is more easier countered than in a singles match.
    I dont know the teamwork potential of Hakamada/Mitsuya.

so due to evolving abilities and team work i favor more of chitose / tachibana. even if the other guys are 1st stringers i dont know their teamwork abilities.
    Last edited by ashore; September 12, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 11 vs Team 12 Doubles 1] Hakamada/Mitsuya vs Tachibana/Chitose

This is a tough one. Both sides have good arguements as to why they should win. All four players have great moves, but in the end, I think the fact that chitose and tachibana can synchro will win them the game. Anytime there is synchro, synchro wins ( although I think Atobe/Nioh should definetely have lost that match). Hakamada and Mitsuya don't seem to have any penchant for synchro at all.

7-5 to Chitose/tachibanan. Hakamada will keep his serve and the data might kick in later, but Chitose and Tachibana will overwhelm them overall.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Tachibana and Chitose have lost their match in the manga, (going by the Konomi pattern) their next match will have upgrades. They used their special synchro in the game they played but it appears to not have been controlled. Since Konomi wouldn't give them screentime and not evolution, that means it is to be "expected" for Tachibana/Chitose to have control over it now. I would also expect Chitose to have evolved to use Saiki in doubles, and possibly a new upgraded Tachibana technique. These things are LONG overdue, and I have no doubt Konomi knows this.

Basically, my argument is that of Tachibana and Chitose would not be able to play this match and not evolve.

Tachibana/Chitose wins 6-4

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Chitose might be smart enough to figure out the principle behind Vanish. He unlocked SKnK which requires high intelligence (or at least experience). Also he created Kamikakushi, a technique which causes the ball to disappear from sight... like Vanish. Having created a disappearing shot of his own, Chitose probably would understand how Vanish works and would be able to return it. My vote goes to Tachibana and Chitose winning.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yeah, if he can't see it, but wouldn't he be fast enough with Mojuu No Aura to reach the ball before it touches the ground or before it creates the dustcloud?
    Right, Mojuu no Aura, I forgot that. I doubt he will consistently return it though. But yeah it will change things.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Hakamada and Mitsuya lost recently. Why won't they evolve?
    Tachibana and Chitose could only win in the event that they get an upgrade, or the storyline confirms they can use Mojuu no Synchro at will.

Chitose has poor sight in one @Fuji Shusuke. If anybody returns Vanish, it won't be him that's for sure.

Also, the whole SKnK in Doubles thing is still impossible according to the storyline, so why people have been mentioning it makes no sense.

If we are going to base every argument on possible improvement then it makes the tournament pointless.
    Since every MSer might get an upgrade.

I can concede that Tachibana/Chitose can defeat Hakamada/Mitsuya pair however, since Data can't last forever against guys like Tachibana and Chitose who love to hide their abilities.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see them losing again. They'll have to win at some point, plus I think Tachibana/Chitose pair can control perfectly Mojuu No Synchro, I don't think is weaker than regular synchro.

If they manage to do that, the only concern would be Vanish, but I think Chitose or Tachibana would return it after a few tries, specially with Mojuu no Aura as it provides a boost in ability. Also, with synchro they would completely win as I don't think Hakamada and Mitsuya would have anything to fight back. Also, Mitsuya's data tennis wouldn't be that useful here against a pair that uses Synchro. Tachibana and Chitose win this 7-5 or 6-4, of course improving during the match and winning with Mojuu No Synchro.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; September 13, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

On the assumption they can control Synchro then a 6-4 WoK win seems legit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

So, improvement and plot seem to be a legit assumption for everyone? I know whos winning when it's Ryoma vs anyone then.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    So, improvement and plot seem to be a legit assumption for everyone? I know whos winning when it's Ryoma vs anyone then.
    I agree with the guy. You can't say "they already lost, now they'll improve". You have to play with the things they already have.

Even Beast Synchro isn't enough, cause we haven't seen it and (apparently) it wasn't enough to beat a 3rd court pair...

I'm still voting for the Hs.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post

Even Beast Synchro isn't enough, cause we haven't seen it and (apparently) it wasn't enough to beat a 3rd court pair...
    So that means Sanada's black aura wasn't enough to beat Yukimura? We have no idea how good the aura was, how long it lasted, etc. For all we know it could be been amazing.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    So that means Sanada's black aura wasn't enough to beat Yukimura? We have no idea how good the aura was, how long it lasted, etc. For all we know it could be been amazing.
    yea this thread is all about personal opinion. I would argue perhaps having a beast sychro may be better than having none, especially for doubles.
    if synchro vs synchro the better team with the better abilities win, but regular synchro beats beast snychro?
    that would require discussion.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Chill with the Sanada-ism but you're right we have no idea if it was enough or not. I believe like when Ryoma got an aura against Kintaro, it lasted for a brief point.
    Then the next time it appears much longer. We'll see with Sanada towards the end of this year anyway.

I believe that since Oishi/Kikumaru got Synchro only for a brief stint of a few points, Chitose/Tachibana got Beast Synchro only for a few points.
    Its the only logical explanation on how they could lose to Washio/Suzuki in a Synchro battle.

It means they were in Synchro for a few points and exited like Kikumaru/Oishi did during the match. Then with Tachibana/Chitose VS Synchro, obviously the Synchro won in the end.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Chill with the Sanada-ism
    Oh, I get it.

Quote Quote:
    I believe that since Oishi/Kikumaru got Synchro
    Chill with the Oishi/Kikumaru-ism

Quote Quote:
    Chitose/Tachibana got Beast Synchro
    Chill with the Chitose/Tachibana-ism

Quote Quote:
    Its the only logical explanation on how they could lose to Washio/Suzuki in a Synchro battle.
    Chill with the Washio/Suzuki-ism

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hakamada Izou/Mitsuya Akuto: 3 votes
    Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri: 8 votes

Winner: Tachibana Kippei/Chitose Senri

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2