Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter ! (Average rating: 4 / 6)

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

1 0.71%
  • 2] Average

8 5.71%
  • 3] Good

29 20.71%
  • 4] Great

65 46.43%
  • 5] Epic

33 23.57%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

4 2.86%
New Reply
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 682 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 682 Discussion / 683 Predictions

I think the young master thing refers more to a mafia/yakusa thing than a noble family given what we know of flamingo activities. But i don't rule out any possibility

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justforkicks View Post
    Don't know if it's mentioned earlier, but I think that Baby 5 may be connected to Law in some way, either as a love interest or a sibling and that's why she's attacking Doflamingo.
    I have a feeling she was experimented on or something by DoFlamingo or maybe he killed some of her relatives . After all he's that kind of bastard .
    Man i'm gonna enjoy seeing the way he's going down .

Also i'm curious if Luffy will encounter him in this arc . DoFlamingo seems quite interested in Luffy , every since he took Bellamy down and then with the whole Enies Lobby thing and to top it all the Marineford war . Since then he's been eying Luffy I'm also curious what he meant about him being a better vessel than Law . Maybe for his experiments concerning the growth of normal people into giants ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think Caesar was patched into the den-den-mushi when Donflamingo spoke about killing him, Vergo already said they don't trust him and I doubt he's in the crew more of a work for hire dude. I think SAD may be the liquid form of the candy that Slimey was given, one of the tanks in the room is labeled: H25 or H2S, if the latter CC has already referred to Smiley as H2S (much to the chagrin of some posters).

Earlier in the arc i considered how useful Smiley could be as a weapon of mass destruction if it could only be used once, maybe H2S is fed the Sara Sara no Mi then you also have to buy the SAD from CC for as long as you wanna use it... But i'm not 100% on that theory because Smiley just doesn't seem that important or effective to New World calibre people.

Small point: there's a door into the SAD container, possible the stuff isn't toxic until catalysed with Smiley or at all.

FuS

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minimz View Post
    I see what you're saying and I like it - seeing as how Joker is his underworld name and all. However isn't it more likely that Joker is trying to figure out Law's plans by thinking what he would do in Law's shoes? Do you think that also explains what flamingo said? That was my first interpretation :S
    Look at the subjects of his sentences: "they're trying to kidnap Ceasar, uh, well I'll kill him" It could be that in the second one he is impersonating Law, and saying what Law would say, but in that case, impersonation is also some kind of play, which is very similar to joking. But if the second sentence is said by Doflamingo (not by Law impersonated by Doflamiingo) the line is fun, as if someone tells his enemy: "do you want to shoot me, ok, I will shoot miself".

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    I'm gonna predict that ...
    Spoiler show
    her whaaaa?

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    @ukimix
    CC was not listening to flamingo during Vergo call. If you look more carefully you notice that he makes another call after he orders Vergo to kill Law
    Yeap. I missed that. But Doflamingo doesnt want to kill Ceasar, anyway.
    Last edited by ukimix; September 20, 2012 at 08:30 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Don't know if it's mentioned earlier, but I think that Baby 5 may be connected to Law in some way, either as a love interest or a sibling and that's why she's attacking Doflamingo.
    Except Dofla mentioned the whole kill Law thing only after being attacked by her, not before it, she attacked before he said such a thing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This Chapter is one of the best ever in One Piece, it was really balanced Chapter. I love any single Site in this Chapter. From the beginning of Sanji Fanbase to the end of a Dragon. Let me start here. What that means Momosuke transformed in a Dragon after going in a secret Room. Should this mean that in this Room and on the Island are Devilfruits??? Then i go a step forward and would predict that SAD is a real anti Devilfruit gas. Cesar is the only one who can produce it about changing the air around him. That the Gas can not affect him, that would be possible.

But i got a open Question also. Which Manga Character is meaning by Nico Robin. Its clear Nami is Naruto, Lysop is Bleach, Brook could be Toriko (food components of Bones). I can´t get it which manga or Person its meaned with Nico Robin, when its also from WSJ?? If someone know please, tell me.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget that momonosuke having been transformed into a dragon is only what Oda wants us to believe. That may be a trap, it's a little naive girl who said that after all.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Congo-Brazzaville
    Post Thanks / Like

Doflamingo must have a good idea of Law's and Vergo's abilities. If he trusts Vergo to "kill him mercilessly" and "make him regret that he was born", that tells us how strong Vergo must actually be ! I think Sanji got lucky on this one...

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    But i got a open Question also. Which Manga Character is meaning by Nico Robin. Its clear Nami is Naruto, Lysop is Bleach, Brook could be Toriko (food components of Bones). I can´t get it which manga or Person its meaned with Nico Robin, when its also from WSJ?? If someone know please, tell me.
    Oda is not making any references as far as I can see. Naruto manga isn't the first written document to use things such as ninja and ninjutsu. Stuff such as ninjas and tengu are all part of Japan's culture.

It's like saying Oda made a Skyrim reference when that first dragon appeared, as if creators of Skyrim invented dragons.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Oda is not making any references as far as I can see. Naruto manga isn't the first written document to use things such as ninja and ninjutsu. Stuff such as ninjas and tengu are all part of Japan's culture.

It's like saying Oda made a Skyrim reference when that first dragon appeared, as if creators of Skyrim invented dragons.
    The only thing sure is that Skyrim & one piece are at the top of their respective media

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

Yes and no, all you said is correct. But that isn't enough to deny the possibility that he did indeed making a reference.
    Who know, maybe Kishimoto makes a dare or something, or it was some sort of insider joke. I would like to think that the mangaka's community is tight knit.
    On other note, I almost get detention back in middle school for drawing the swastika. Grew up in Asia and being an immigrant to the USA, I saw the swastika all the time on tv but ignorant of it being the Nazi symbol. I wonder if it is my fault for cultural ignorant or my teacher's fault for being religiously ignorant.

Anyhow, the tie back is that I love the original WhiteBeard's jolly roger, the new one is lame but I guess it is a nice gesture to change it.
    But I hate how people that are ignorant of the East often accused shit without foundation. For a while, when there is no dark skins character in Naruto, people saying Kishimot is racist for no reason. How about the pokemon, Jynx, I still think it is offensive to accused someone of being a racist or having a motivation of put down another race. And lastly, the fishman island arc. Yes, the reference to civil right is clear as day (especially about the blood transfusion). But I love how some people accused Oda for doing it too shallow. Some even implied that because he doesn't going through those thing to make it authentic, or being ignorant of the issues (I feel people that do those complain mostly are Americans). But how many of those people are well verse on imperialism and the racism that plague the East (between White and Asians and Asians and Asians). The fact is that Queen Otohime could very well be Gandhi, and Fisher Tiger could have been Ho Chi Minh (both men have accomplished more and certainly have more influences than Dr. King and Malcolm X). I strayed away from the original discussion a bit, but yeah, this stuff has been on my mind.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Resgia View Post
    They were working together or even in competition. You cannot clearly separate CC's work from Vega Punk's work. What is known is that Vega Punk, was number one, maybe the head of the lab.
    surely,but doflamingo,who was entrusted by the WG to kill moria by controlling vegapunk's pacifistas, did state that caesar is the only one who can produce sad. ---> hence vegapunk can produce them---> no way it's connected to vegapunk's creation of passing DFs to objects.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    Spoiler show
    Yes, people in USA are mostly ignorant of anything aside from stuff taught by "public opinion". I was in USA for a week, and I don't want to ever return, precisely of this stupidity.
    It's not just your teacher's fault for being religiously ignorant, it's the western world's fault for making svastika into a product of Nazis, and not explaining (even hiding) its true origin and meaning.
    Enough bitching from me, let's move on to the chapter

I didn't realize that these could be references to famous mangas, when I read the chapter. The Naruto and Toriko references make sense to me, but the Bleach one doesn't - we don't really see tengu in Bleach, right?

The Mangastream translation makes more sense. Dofla said "I'd kill him". He could be talking:
    1. in Law's place, trying to predict what Law's next actions would be
    2. what he'd do to make sure Law's plan fails
    Since those were just Dofla's speculations, we probably won't know and it's not important.
    Last edited by 0Xellos; September 20, 2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: too big, adding spoiler
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

btw,those who thought that the dragon was momonosuke weren't so wrong: he has just turned into a dragon,but it shouldn't be the one just defeated,imo. I wonder whether kinemon will knock him down and then despair

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    Yes and no, all you said is correct. But that isn't enough to deny the possibility that he did indeed making a reference.
    Who know, maybe Kishimoto makes a dare or something, or it was some sort of insider joke. I would like to think that the mangaka's community is tight knit.
    I think it's too vague to be called an actual reference to any other WSJ manga.

Actually, what really intrigues me is the fact that Kinemon just nonchalantly mentioned ninjas and ninja techniques as if that is something he's seen before. It wouldn't be the first time Oda forshadows things in seemingly innocent character remarks. I'd say the possibility of actual ninjas appearing in One Piece grew a little with this chapter.
    Maybe we'll finally find out who wins in a battle of pirates vs. ninjas

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast