Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you have done with 'tobi'?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you have done with 'tobi'?

Your version of the tale of tobi...not exactly who you think is more logical as tobi, or why someone can or can't be tobi.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

My version: tobi is a man, or more than man who was born and reborn, with the death of others...and he was born three times. First time his birth came at the cost of the death of uchiha izuna. The talented young brother sacrificed his eyes for his clan. Yet to hide his shame, from the fall from a genius to a blind week man, he first worn a mask with no eyeholes and called himself 'tobi'. Everyone thought izuna to be dead, except for his brother madara. Thus tobi's first birth came to take place with the death of izuna. Then some day tobi also died, leaving behind the mask. It was again taken up by madara once he fled from hashirama. In the battle of VOTE madara sacrificed one eye. For his one remaining eye he made an eyehole in the mask. And thus tobi was reborn for the first time. This tobi made yahiko form akatsuki, controlled mizukage, but most importantly took a kid called obito under his wings...a kid who would go on to wear the mask later on. Thus 'tobi' has been a nobody, but a legend of the defeated, of the hated and of the forgotten. More than a man, who was only a refuge at first, then an ambition to power, then a nihilistic escape to peace. But there is one last tobi left by the name of uchiha sasuke, when tobi becomes god of vengeance...all negative emotions climaxing into one explosive, destructive force.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Obviously i don't expect this to come true, but i wish it were. Call it a personal fanfic if you want. I was thinking we narutards might share those private musings of ours about tobi. I personally would be particularly interested to see if anyone has a story connecting tobi and zetsu, cause i've a hunch that something like that is gonna happen in the canon.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What would you have done with 'tobi'?

I like the idea of "Tobi" being a symbol - sth like Batman is <especially in Nolan movies> and that different ppl where taking on the mantle of Tobi. But everything suggest it won't be that way <hell, if the newest flashback would told us that there was, indeed, some Tobi guy BEFORE Obito took that mantle - would be cool>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

well , batman is batman ... tobi is just a miserable man , why would he make a symbol lol
    symbol of epic failure ?
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I would make Tobi someone ancient like the Uchiha clan's ancestor, the elder son of the Rikudou sage.
    He would keep his mask on until Madara would be defeated and then take it off, revealing his identity as the ancestor and Madara's superior

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Uchiha Izuna. Would be awesome to show what two brothers could achieve by simply working together on one goal (even though having a versus skirmish every now and then, just to get better). Less Hashirama DNA, Less Rinnegan and Less Edo-Crapsei. More pure Uchiha hax. Uchiha Obito In Distress is awful no matter how you look at it.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted Tobi to be Izuna too...((

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If I had my way, Tobi would be Izuna... and Madara would murder him in front of Sasuke's eyes, bringing back memories of Sasuke and Itachi's last talk. Sasuke would ask Madara what kind of a man would kill their brother, and Madara will laugh and say "I dunno, you tell me." Then Sasuke would rage and declare that he'll destroy him.

Yeah...

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    If I had my way, Tobi would be Izuna... and Madara would murder him in front of Sasuke's eyes, bringing back memories of Sasuke and Itachi's last talk. Sasuke would ask Madara what kind of a man would kill their brother, and Madara will laugh and say "I dunno, you tell me." Then Sasuke would rage and declare that he'll destroy him.

Yeah...
    +1
    I awkwardly like this
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Question, is Tobis a time and space jutsu? Depending on the answer I will leave my reply

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd make Tobi either Izuna or Madara, since that makes more sense. The problem is keeping either young with black hair, but there can be many Tobi. it can be like Rule of Two Sith training from Star Wars, possibly combined with the taking up of mantle like in American comics. The original Tobi trains his successor, who either kills him or the original dies naturally or at hand of another. Then this cycle continues until Tobi meets Sasuke.

Obito would not be involved, like he wasn't supposed to be until Kishi changed his mind.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i would have made tobi the human incarnation of juubi and hes capturing the tailed beast so that he can regain his former power and rule over man kind and no one can stop him since no one since the rikudo sage that can stop him .... but somwhow naruto will be able to obviously

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone which doesn't require to ret-con the cronology to explain it and that wouldn't make it appear that the character broke the fourth wall to keep the mistery to the fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi would be Ichiraku Teuchi and I'd make it WORK!

Think about it... every day ninjas come into his ramen stand and complain about their miserable fates, their dead comrades and loved ones... one day he was just fed up with all the misery and started to think about the ninja world as a fucked up place...

And then Ayame got killed by ninjas! Uncalled-for and a completely pointless death...

Ichiraku: "Thats it... if none else is going to do something about this, then I'll do it myself!!"

All his knowledge about the ninja world could easily be explained by "he listens to all kinds of ninjas every single day of his life"... thats also why he kept his ramen shop and took on a secret identity: so that he could continue to spy on everyone!

Of course none would suspect "the ramen guy" except for some sly foxes like Uchiha_Blood and me... so it would come as a fucking OMG plot-twist for everyone else. But when thinking about it in hindsight, everyone would have to admit "uhm yeah... this makes sense! He's old enough so even the time-line fits... holly sh..!"
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well i would have made him Rikudo sennin elder son... Then he would really be the darkness in this manga... One that survived since RK's time till now shaping the events in the manga and having a hand in what happened to Madara as well. In the end the circle would close with Naruto as the younger's son reincarnation OR his legacy, his decentant eding up saving Tobi something like with Nagato.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    +1
    I awkwardly like this
    Seconded, it would continue the thread of Uchihas siblings that seemed so important back in the days

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Tobi would be Ichiraku Teuchi and I'd make it WORK!

Think about it... every day ninjas come into his ramen stand and complain about their miserable fates, their dead comrades and loved ones... one day he was just fed up with all the misery and started to think about the ninja world as a fucked up place...

And then Ayame got killed by ninjas! Uncalled-for and a completely pointless death...

Ichiraku: "Thats it... if none else is going to do something about this, then I'll do it myself!!"

All his knowledge about the ninja world could easily be explained by "he listens to all kinds of ninjas every single day of his life"... thats also why he kept his ramen shop and took on a secret identity: so that he could continue to spy on everyone!

Of course none would suspect "the ramen guy" except for some sly foxes like Uchiha_Blood and me... so it would come as a fucking OMG plot-twist for everyone else. But when thinking about it in hindsight, everyone would have to admit "uhm yeah... this makes sense! He's old enough so even the time-line fits... holly sh..!"
    He would be so perfect as Tobi, I mean he would be "no one" ( since he isn't some famous ninja pussy ), and he would stay true to the nature of looking underneath the underneath:
    ninjas would be fooled by his kind appareance, and never suspect a thing.

How much potential wasted...

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast