Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 173 Discussion

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 173 Discussions/174 Predictions

Great chapter this week! I was simultaneously touched and amused!

Lol @ Pokopen. And someone must make an icon for "stop wasting panels!" so I can post it in the Bleach section every week.

Oga was in for a wild ride when Furuichi did a (surprisingly) good speech exactly as Behemoth came out. I'm not surprised Furuichi wants the nicknaming to stop. It really sucks to be the butt of all jokes (unfortunately in this arc he just amplified the nicknames).

And now for Furuichi's past. Which was always a question of, why does such a weak guy hang out with a stronger guy?
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the jokes are going to stop now, or at least for a while? Maybe the next time someone says something Oga will just punch them through the wall.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShadyInversion's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who was the woman in the flashback? Furichi's mom? Someone else? I'm kind of suspicous but maybe the point is that they were so dumb that they picked a well known fad as a secret word. The whole Pokopon thing is lost on me. Is it a parody of pokemon?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What should I say, Tamura a brother in Heart. What a Chapter, i mean there was something for anyone. For the Furichi Fangirls and Fans, for the Action Fans and Comedy Fans. Amazing i expected so much but, when Furichi and Oga starts as Schoolkids moving kung-fu style, my Day was made. It´s really remind me a bit of my own Fun Time.

Also the Place where everything find a ending was perfect. Only one point disturb me, it was the short fight. It was amzing pictures drawn, also the power Oga must use against Furichi/Behemoth. When you look on the Detail in this Chapter, Oga was on 60cc and over. Why when Oga speaks like Baby Beel the Super Milk Lvl is on his maximum. But when u think about it, that Oga fight a legendary Demon then the fight could be a bit longer, in my Eyes.

Is there any translation stuff about Pokopen, i mean is there any possible meaning in the origianl jap words. In Beelzebub we can find many Words with a bigger meaning in the orginial japan Version.

And im really with the Flashback Fans. And spengind 4 or 5 Chapters for the most important Flashback is good. I also like the Ideas here, that most wanna know why both gonna different Way. Special that Furichi got the same Strength in there younger Days.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Beelzebub translations are popping up on MH again! JinHea, the translator, has replaced pokopen with the word "Chink", because "pokopen" is a bastardization of a word in Japanese that means...well, "Chink". And it is apparently a kid's game, hence Furuichi telling the mysterious lady they played it at school. Since clearly the flashback next chapter will have something to do with it, I can only hope Tamura explains the rules of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    And now for Furuichi's past. Which was always a question of, why does such a weak guy hang out with a stronger guy?
    Nice to see a former DGDer in the Beelzebub forum.

What's refreshing is that Tamura's take on Oga and Furuichi's friendship is that they really are equals, in every sense of the word. Even though they have different appearances, different tastes, there is a very strong amount of respect between them. Before this chapter, I assumed Furuichi was the bully magnet, and Oga was his hero, and then they became friends through video games. I always thought the difference in their battle prowess was a major factor of their friendship. But now, I think its the opposite: its their friendship that defines the differences in their physical strength. If it weren't for their friendship, they could have developed into equally powerful (and slightly terrifying) people.

I don't really see Oga and Furuichi "losing" much by not being friends, they'd just become other people. The best way to put it would be to compare Oga to Kanzaki and Furuichi to Himekawa. Of course Himekawa and Kanzaki are different characters, but I do see a strong parallel between the four of them. Without Furuichi, Oga's strength and reputation could easily propel him into being a gang leader. He could have a lot of subordinates, because they would probably be begging him to teach them how to fight anyway. Furuichi without Oga is resourceful and manipulative. He could have a weapon or two up his sleeve to use against opponents, and he'd probably find a way to manipulate people to get what he wants as well.

Since Oga and Furuichi did end up becoming friends, I think their personalities have softened because of it. Which is why not only do they make a great team (brains + brawn), they're comedic timing is epic too. /ends fangirl rant

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I wonder if the jokes are going to stop now, or at least for a while? Maybe the next time someone says something Oga will just punch them through the wall.
    Despite what I just wrote, I would totally not mind seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    What should I say, Tamura a brother in Heart. What a Chapter, i mean there was something for anyone. For the Furichi Fangirls and Fans, for the Action Fans and Comedy Fans. Amazing i expected so much but, when Furichi and Oga starts as Schoolkids moving kung-fu style, my Day was made. It´s really remind me a bit of my own Fun Time.
    Word.
    Last edited by Teeba; September 19, 2012 at 06:55 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, now I want to know what happened in the past beetween Oga and Furuichi.
    Having said this, the chapter was serious but funny at the same time and thus I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    I don't know if Oga would do something like that, but who knows he's pretty unpredictable.
    And anyway I think Oga would blast them away rather than punching them through the wall.
    Last edited by Zasz; September 20, 2012 at 06:24 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a brilliant chapter.

There really isn't anything else I can say about it, it's about time Furuichi steps into the Limelight and not be the butt of all the jokes. Very refreshing indeed.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2