Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 204 Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 204 Discussion Thread

Great Chapter indeed but i would say Beelzebub was better^^
    This weak the Big3 lost against my favourit two sidearms

Thats the way to go for Toriko

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

A really good chapter.
    Komatsu always showed to possess a great talent in cooking, so it is not a surprise if he succeeded where the top chefs of the world have failed.
    I'd really like him to become also a good fighter, but i guess this is impossible, at least for now.
    About Toriko and the others, I too think that they will defeat the Beast thanks to the food prepared by Komatsu.
    Also the arrival of Hansam and Shigematsu (did I say his name right?) wouldn't be bad.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sicarius View Post
    Man, how come Toriko makes absolute no fame in the west?

Great reading, loved this chapter. Shima showed us how great Komatsu has become and how even the world top chefs acknowledge his abilities. He truly deserves to be by Toriko's side as a partner and not a sidekick (taking the fact that the FHK are getting their asses whooped ).

Just awesome, when Bleach dies Toriko will take its place for sure.
    Don't want to stray from the topic, but Bleach will never die if it keeps going on like it is at the moment
    As for why Toriko isn't famous in the west yet, well... Guess it needs more time maybe

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well when i read this chapter i felt like shima is playing a RPG for sure. for the first part of the manga komatsu was this weak unknown then he met with toriko and started to lvl up faster.sort of like Power leveling. this went on till century soup. till that point i dont even think toriko felt more for komatsu than some1 who is clinging to him who also happens to cook great. after that point till now the manga was basically showcasing the komatsu and what he can do. and torikos bromance started more and more. and it is true komatsu always gotten praise from every influential person he met but never truely could stand on his own. for all his talent he is still a 6 star chef.but i can see why some ppl have some reservations about him being beter than more established top 100 chefs. it is no wonder since those chefs either invented these methods themselves or learned the way from the ones that invented it. komatsu doesnt have those restrictions so he can be more creative about things.

if we come back to the actual chapters last illustration i think that RMBL is FHKs (or Torikos for that matter) gourmet cells feeling the deliciousness of the mochi komatsu just made. remember, toriko got better the minute century suop was made. and i am not sure mamsam will fight.(even though it would be cool.)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

does Toriko still have the Meteor-Garlic???
    Last edited by reaper2507; September 20, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reaper2507 View Post
    does Toriko still have the Meteor-Garlic???

nice one. great thinking . i think that its finally time for toriko to shine.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they've already used all the Meteor Garlic they got from Lifebearer. But they still might surprise us.

As to why Toriko isn't popular in the west? Well... I think people like Shounens, where the main character is mostly dumb like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and Fairy Tail. As well as Reborn. Also we should take in account that manga is mostly for teenagers younger than 17, so obviously they tend to liuke some japaneese trends like ninja (Naruto), samurai (Bleach) and some romantic things everyone likes in their childhood like pirates (One Piece) and wizards (Fairy Tail) and the same mafia trend (Reborn) is also popular all over the world, that's why we don't have that many Toriko funs, but I do hope it will change over some perioud of time.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't feel like Komatsu's food is what will somehow "revive" the kings and help them defeat this thing, it isn't some legendary ingredient that would help them evolve. And I also don't thing mansam will defeat it because he was being shadowed by what's perceived to be the mastermind. I'm thinking that the only thing that could make this disaster worse for their world would be if the bishokukai appeared and defeated it. Can you think of a better, or more cliche scheme than to have someone revive this monster, appear and heroically defeat it in front of the world, all in the attempt to erode people's trust in the IGO and the kings and instead make people see the merits of what the bishokukai are all about? Seriously, their ONLY goal can't just be to get GOD, only for Midora to have for himself, they want the whole world and what's a world without people to dominate? This would be such a blow to Toriko and the other's egos, as well as Ichiryu.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bandana_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of ridiculous that komatsu managed to find an easy method to cook a special prepared ingredient imho that should be impossible. Arent these unique, strange and fixed characteristics of said ingredients what makes them special and not easily to prepare? Same goes for the special eating method and the disappearing cuisine.. Well I think thats also why we werent shown komatsu explaining his new found method to all the other normal chefs.. So cookingwise Komatsu is nearly on a level with "gourmet living national treasure" setsuno? The gaps between toriko and the acacia disciples and komatsu and the top 3 chefs are so inappropriate different.. I really love this series but komatsu in the last two chapters gave me no choice but to go to the forums and complain for the first time ever!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

So that means that all the absurdities this manga has displayed so far did not bother you ? The author didn't do it halfway so far so I'm quite impressed by your tolerance. Toriko is the same as Fairy Tail, as soon as you complain about logic, you loose half of the fun. So let's Komatsu shine a little. He is a great guy, he did not the impossible in 10 minutes but in 5 :-))

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bandana_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I know but a special prepared ingredient should stay a special prepared ingredient..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bandana_kun View Post
    Kind of ridiculous that komatsu managed to find an easy method to cook a special prepared ingredient imho that should be impossible. Arent these unique, strange and fixed characteristics of said ingredients what makes them special and not easily to prepare? Same goes for the special eating method and the disappearing cuisine.. Well I think thats also why we werent shown komatsu explaining his new found method to all the other normal chefs.. So cookingwise Komatsu is nearly on a level with "gourmet living national treasure" setsuno? The gaps between toriko and the acacia disciples and komatsu and the top 3 chefs are so inappropriate different.. I really love this series but komatsu in the last two chapters gave me no choice but to go to the forums and complain for the first time ever!
    i know what u mean but what he did was not make a special ingredient normal lvl but a special dish into normal lvl.he changed their cooking methods. if u can think about it this way it makes more sense i think. rather than using high level calculus, he decided to use simple algebra. at least this is how i read this series without nitpicking, else i wont be able to

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda one of the most disappointing parts of the manga that Komatsu's explanation from how to take a specialty ingredient that only the best chefs can make and turn it into something anyone can make is "-------" Circumventing a real explanation, because it should be impossible.
    Devour this Manga

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    Kinda one of the most disappointing parts of the manga that Komatsu's explanation from how to take a specialty ingredient that only the best chefs can make and turn it into something anyone can make is "-------" Circumventing a real explanation, because it should be impossible.
    Well I'm not sure if that's impossible, difficult to be sure, but making it as easy as creating cup ramen??!! That's a bit intense, kind of out of left field, but I suppose that's how it goes, he hears the voice of the ingredient, and it tells him how to do it in a way that it accepts, and then everyone starts doing it his way all of a sudden, feeling like they were idiots and wasted a lot of time and effort doing it in a relatively inefficient way, but not only that, he made a way, then he scratched that way out, and created yet another, different method that was just as easy, yet somehow made it far more delicious.

On a side note, I love mochi.

But yeah, this better not be a fake out, I would be mad if the 4HK just sit up and defeat the shiju just like that, like in fairy tale, they should really have some kind of healing done or at least some explanation; and yes, an explanation for what exactly komatsu's method is would be helpful, as well as how he figured it out, it looked like he was just staring at it when we saw the flashback to him doing it, hopefully we get some kind of trail and error or something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Komatsu is beasting out. Total genius status. And the Four Heavnly Kings have been completely wrecked. Don't know how I feel about Komatsu's growth. It isn't completly sudden, we've had mentions of Komatsu's talent prior to this, but it was sort of thrown onto us. At the same time, it is noce to see Komatsu get a moment in the sun. There's no doubt that he is going to join the ranks of the top 100 after this. Looking forward to see how the Kings turn things around now.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast