Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where does Kurapika go from here?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Where does Kurapika go from here?

So as manga readers will know from chapter 339 we see that Kurapika has redeemed the eyes of his brethren and is performing what appears to be a funeral like ritual for the deceased Kurta clan members.

Now that he has redeemed his clan's eyes, where does he go from here? Kurapika's goal was to reclaim their eyes, now that he has done that, what is left for him? Does he allow his rage to fade or does he set his eyes on the Troupe to finish of his vengeance?

Here is my idea of what needs to be addressed with Kurapika. Now that he has the eyes Kurapika could either go one way or the other. He could simply just aim to kill the rest of the Troupe or he can try to give up on his vengeance after having redeemed his clans eyes. Obviously if he tried to give up this vengeance it wont matter as the Troupe is still after him due to his hijinks in Yorknew. With Chrollo most likely healed now from Abengane's exorcism, it seems to be only a matter of time before Chrollo looks to get even with the man who killed his nakama and imprisoned his nen for so long.

On a little bit of a side note I think its interesting to point out the recurring notion of the phone ringing but Kurapika doesn't pick up. It shows that Kurapika is no longer connected with his friends. He has created a disconnect between them and him.

Well anyways I pose the question to you, where does Kurapika go from here? Let me know what you thinK!

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where does Kurapika go from here?

he needs 36 pairs (there are only 10 in 339)... kurapika had a long way to go... But if you ask... I
    Spoiler show

I think he got those eyes (bargained ) - the recent Chimera Ant Arc might have an impact on economy... I dont know how wide the scale is the attack of the Ants to inner continent... But ... 340 pretty much sum up everything... The need for resources... Everyone in that world are affected... That's why they (the people) wanted so hard to get there (Dark continent)... people from Ryuusengai will be there ... just look how devastated they are... and wherever there is treasure, genei ryodan will be there... and Kurapika might follow?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction is he'll somehow find a way to the Dark Continent in search of his brethren's eyes. I suspect we'll see him in the next arc somewhere. How he'll interact with Gon (who I'm assuming will also make his way to the Dark Continent) I'm still not sure of.

Later on I think we'll have the Genei Ryodan showdown with Kurapika involved, but for right now, I think he's focused on getting the eyes back.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    So as manga readers will know from chapter 339 we see that Kurapika has redeemed the eyes of his brethren and is performing what appears to be a funeral like ritual for the deceased Kurta clan members.

Now that he has redeemed his clan's eyes, where does he go from here? Kurapika's goal was to reclaim their eyes, now that he has done that, what is left for him? Does he allow his rage to fade or does he set his eyes on the Troupe to finish of his vengeance?

Here is my idea of what needs to be addressed with Kurapika. Now that he has the eyes Kurapika could either go one way or the other. He could simply just aim to kill the rest of the Troupe or he can try to give up on his vengeance after having redeemed his clans eyes. Obviously if he tried to give up this vengeance it wont matter as the Troupe is still after him due to his hijinks in Yorknew. With Chrollo most likely healed now from Abengane's exorcism, it seems to be only a matter of time before Chrollo looks to get even with the man who killed his nakama and imprisoned his nen for so long.

On a little bit of a side note I think its interesting to point out the recurring notion of the phone ringing but Kurapika doesn't pick up. It shows that Kurapika is no longer connected with his friends. He has created a disconnect between them and him.

Well anyways I pose the question to you, where does Kurapika go from here? Let me know what you thinK!
    Nobunaga wants to kill Kurapika ... I think the Genei Ryodan you'll want to avenge him in the future (for killing Ubo). The next goal of Kurapika could be killing spiders.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    he needs 36 pairs (there are only 10 in 339)... kurapika had a long way to go... But if you ask... I
    Spoiler show

I think he got those eyes (bargained ) - the recent Chimera Ant Arc might have an impact on economy... I dont know how wide the scale is the attack of the Ants to inner continent... But ... 340 pretty much sum up everything... The need for resources... Everyone in that world are affected... That's why they (the people) wanted so hard to get there (Dark continent)... people from Ryuusengai will be there ... just look how devastated they are... and wherever there is treasure, genei ryodan will be there... and Kurapika might follow?
    I agree with you. E 'likely that Kurapika travels to Ryuusengai to reach the Spiders.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    My prediction is he'll somehow find a way to the Dark Continent in search of his brethren's eyes. I suspect we'll see him in the next arc somewhere. How he'll interact with Gon (who I'm assuming will also make his way to the Dark Continent) I'm still not sure of.

Later on I think we'll have the Genei Ryodan showdown with Kurapika involved, but for right now, I think he's focused on getting the eyes back.
    I hope you're right

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm rather wondering HOW he got the eyes in the first place.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this way but I like for Kurapika and the Spiders to NOT meet.

Instead I want Gyro to take over Meteor City and the Spiders to fight...and lose.

What I think the results will be

Bonolenov--dead
    Coltopi--dead
    Phinx--dead
    Shalnark--dead
    Shizuku--dead

Chrollo--live
    Feitan--live
    Franklin---live
    Nobunaga--live
    Kalluto--live

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I'm rather wondering HOW he got the eyes in the first place.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this way but I like for Kurapika and the Spiders to NOT meet.

Instead I want Gyro to take over Meteor City and the Spiders to fight...and lose.

What I think the results will be

Bonolenov--dead
    Coltopi--dead
    Phinx--dead
    Shalnark--dead
    Shizuku--dead

Chrollo--live
    Feitan--live
    Franklin---live
    Nobunaga--live
    Kalluto--live
    What about Machi ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    What about Machi ?
    Knew I was forgetting someone. Machi lives.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vansonbee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Knew I was forgetting someone. Machi lives.
    Chrollo--live
    Feitan--live
    Franklin---live
    Nobunaga--live
    Kalluto--live

Out of all these people, who do you believe has the highest chance of living (speculating off the author) and why?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
    Chrollo--live
    Feitan--live
    Franklin---live
    Nobunaga--live
    Kalluto--live

Out of all these people, who do you believe has the highest chance of living (speculating off the author) and why?
    I'd say Kalluto. I would think him being 1. a PT member from after the Kurta massacre and 2. being Killua's brother, would give him some level of protection from Kurapika.

Unless Togashi wants to introduce a Zoldyck-Kurapika conflict.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
    Chrollo--live
    Feitan--live
    Franklin---live
    Nobunaga--live
    Kalluto--live

All of them. I don't think Kurapika will end up killing them.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Kurapika against Genei but I find that hard to kill them all in one go!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't really see Kurapika getting involved with the new continent because they really have nothing to do with the eyes.

I'm guessing he's become some kind of high ranking Mafia member if not the top Mafia boss (which is how he got the eyes) and would use his resources to fight the Spiders head on, since he realized he can't possibly fight 1 against 13 no matter how strong he's become.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Don't really see Kurapika getting involved with the new continent because they really have nothing to do with the eyes.

I'm guessing he's become some kind of high ranking Mafia member if not the top Mafia boss (which is how he got the eyes) and would use his resources to fight the Spiders head on, since he realized he can't possibly fight 1 against 13 no matter how strong he's become.
    I agree with you ... impossible to win 1 vs 13 ....
    However I think Kurapika seen again in the new chapters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the guys who are involved in the massacre amongst the Spiders are definitely totally dead if Kurapika has a say in it. While Kurapika might have mercy to those who beg, none of the Spiders strike me as someone who would beg for mercy, and at any rate Kurapika seems more obsessive with revenge than before so he might not even give mercy to those who beg.

Out of this list:

Chrollo--live
    Feitan--live
    Franklin---live
    Nobunaga--live
    Kalluto--live

I'll take Franklin as the most likely guy to survive. Kalluto is too weak to escape. Kurapika isn't going to let Kuroro escape again. Feitan and Nobunaga will just fight to their death. Franklin is pretty strong (4th in strength) and he's shown to value big picture stuff (i.e. survival of the organization) over bloodlust.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    All the guys who are involved in the massacre amongst the Spiders are definitely totally dead if Kurapika has a say in it. While Kurapika might have mercy to those who beg, none of the Spiders strike me as someone who would beg for mercy, and at any rate Kurapika seems more obsessive with revenge than before so he might not even give mercy to those who beg.

Out of this list:

Chrollo--live
    Feitan--live
    Franklin---live
    Nobunaga--live
    Kalluto--live

I'll take Franklin as the most likely guy to survive. Kalluto is too weak to escape. Kurapika isn't going to let Kuroro escape again. Feitan and Nobunaga will just fight to their death. Franklin is pretty strong (4th in strength) and he's shown to value big picture stuff (i.e. survival of the organization) over bloodlust.
    Why would Kurapika fight Kalluto? He didn't kill Hisoka or attempt to. Kalluto obviously had nothing to with the massacre and I don't think Kurapika is stupid
    enough to piss of the Zolydycks. The only way I see Kurapika fighting Kalluto is that Kurapika has just gone bonkers or that Kalluto mistakes Kurapika
    for attacking him and defends and then there's confusion.

Also I hope people realize that the Spiders who live and who die based off of a hypothetical Meteor City war was just my wild guess.
    I could be completely off and there's not even a war/battle between Gyro and the Spiders. It's really just my own personal theory.

But I changed my mind about something. I like Phantron's idea of Mafia Boss Kurapika using his resources to fight the Spiders.
    Heck...maybe he could even temporarily join forces with Gyro in order to achieve his goal of exterminating the Spider.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast