Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread: The Naruto PLOT HOLE Archive

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Edo Tensei Madara - Plot hole

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    They are not clones, they are living souls. It has nothing to do with "old" DNA...
    there is a thin line here...if it(ET)were not some type of cloning...how do you explain this?

clothing(why aren't ETs wearing the sacrificial victims clothes)

weapons(kin/gins legendary items,zabuza's scroll for the seven swords,deidara's clay,etc.)

bodies(sasori being human,itachi/nagato have their eyes,raikage still having his scar from hachibi,etc,etc.)

you do have a point about them being living souls...but as ET goes...cloning would be the best way to summarize it to an extent.this would be the best explaination of why they take on/have such traits as the ones i mentioned above...
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edo Tensei Madara - Plot hole

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    That is, if it's really a plothole. Shouldn't we wait and see if an explanation is given before rush and talk about "plotholes"? It could be explained just next week.
    Also I don't think that Madara appears like an old man without any reason.
    Yes that's true, it doesn't have to be a plothole just yet. There's still a chance for it to be explained.

But at the time the Kirigakure was still knows as the "Bloodly Mist", meaning that it was before Zabuza graduated, which according to the databooks was at age 9.

So the scene of Obito and Kisame happened more than 21 years ago (4 years prior to Kakashi Gaiden), even if the characters don't look like so, and would be chronologically impossible.
    Maybe Kishimoto makes his characters look like adults when they're just 17-18 or whatever, I dunno. But I really doubt Tobi controlled the Mist before Kakashi Gaiden.
    It might just be explained.

Something like Gnut said could be true, you never know for sure with these kind of series.
    Zetsu is the number one impersonator.
    Last edited by Notak; September 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    But I really doubt Tobi controlled the Mist before Kakashi Gaiden.
    It might just be explained..
    He did. Obito can that the same way Kakashi performed the same Chunnin exam as Guy and Obito despite saying he was already a Chunnin at age 6 earlies in the manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea retconning is definitely possible. But I just find it hard to believe that Kisame and Tobi were that young when they met.

Wouldn't it be easier to just change Zabuza's age ?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... they could still be at their 25 during that time despite the Mist thing telling us they are around 10. I guess that's what a plot-hole is.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

well now that i think about it, madara must be a good sensei, to make obito in such low time to the level of the 4th hokage was something nice, cause madara send tobi to take control of the 9tail and all the fight with the 4th. madara teach him to do all that.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

However that doesn't explain how the Kyuubi recognized Obito. Which he should afterall, since he previously made a summoning contract with him.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

When did he do that?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Here:

And there is nothing weird with it, since at some point he made a contract with Kyuubi to summon him.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah I was referring to the contract. I think Obito probably got it from Madara, just got like he had his Uchiha fan all along.

And seeing this contract used and a Sharingan-guy with dark hair, maybe he assumed it was Madara himself.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah I was referring to the contract. I think Obito probably got it from Madara, just got like he had his Uchiha fan all along.

And seeing this contract used and a Sharingan-guy with dark hair, maybe he assumed it was Madara himself.
    but the nine tails can see chakra......and it has the ability to sense "hatred" dont get why it never seen that it was not madara
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

But I really doubt Tobi controlled the Mist before Kakashi Gaiden.
    It might just be explained
    He did. Obito can that the same way Kakashi performed the same Chunnin exam as Guy and Obito despite saying he was already a Chunnin at age 6 earlies in the manga.
    Like I posted before, most probable thing is that MADARA was the person controlling Yagura before Kakashi Gaiden; years later Obito shows himself to Kisame, while Madara still has Yagura under his control.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    but the nine tails can see chakra......and it has the ability to sense "hatred" dont get why it never seen that it was not madara
    Well, Obito could/can have traces of Madara's chakra somehow.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Maybe Tobi's hatred matched Madara's? I don't think the Kyuubi can spot different hatred level, it can only spot hatred, and Tobi had enough hatred that could have rivaled Madara's.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TobiOrNotTobi View Post
    No one noticed?

1.)(Old looking) Madara saves Obito from death.
    2.)(Young looking)Madara meeting up with Itachi, if we go by the idea that this was indeed Madara.
    - Madara dies somewhere in between 2.)-3.)
    3.)(Young looking)Madara get's revived by Kabutos ET.

So: Old > Young > Death?

I doubt Kabuto had something to do with Madaras appearence looking young. He brought him back in his primestate and that was obviously not the time when he saved Obito, back in his primestate = mid 30's? + enhanced abilitys/chakra supply = therefor his "prime".

Madara was talking about a secret about his body, was it clearly stated that he mean't Hashiramas DNA (Face on his chest) or rather something else?
    No. Since Madara's face was not shown during any of the flashback scenes we cannot deduce whether it was Madara or Obito as a Madara stand in who attended those meetings.

However Kishimoto used a "Tobi" with long hair and short hair during different flashbacks. We can assume that the one with the long hair was the actual old Madara whereas the one with the short hair is Obito.

In any case soon we'll have Obito's flashback and all will be revealed.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi had short hair and Kamui while fighting Minato. And he only showed a long hair 8 years or more after Obito's apparent death, which is enough time for it to grew.
    TOBI IS OBITO

New Reply
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast