Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Best villains?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kuro of a Hundred Plans

0 0%
  • Pirate Fleet Admiral Don Krieg

0 0%
  • Saw-Tooth Arlong

1 2.86%
  • Mr. 3 Galdino

0 0%
  • "Tin-Plate" Wapol

0 0%
  • Mr. 0 Crocodile

8 22.86%
  • Bellamy the Hyena

0 0%
  • God Enel

4 11.43%
  • Foxy the Silver Fox

1 2.86%
  • CP9 Agent Rob Lucci

5 14.29%
  • Shichibukai Gekko Moriah

0 0%
  • Tenryubito

1 2.86%
  • Impel Down Warden Magellan

1 2.86%
  • Admiral Akainu

8 22.86%
  • "Blackbeard" Marshall D. Teach

5 14.29%
  • Hody Jones

0 0%
  • Caesar Clown

0 0%
  • Vice Admiral Vergo the Demon Bamboo

0 0%
  • Others

1 2.86%
New Reply

Thread: Best One Piece Villain?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Best One Piece Villain?

I did a quick google, it doesn't look like we have this thread yet so yeah. I leaved out Buggy and a few who I didn't really consider a villain. So yeah, who do you guys think are effective villains that made your blood boil?

-Will it be Arlong the xenophobic? Wapol the coward? The fur-coat Crocodile? God-complex Enel? The underhanded Foxy? Rob Lucci the blood lust? Moriah the sloth? Dutiful Magellan? Traitor Blackbeard? Akainu who like to play mind game? Hody the heroin addict? Or Caesar Clown the pedo bear/ex scientist?

I forgot to put Spandam the incompetence on the poll >___<
    Last edited by weixiaobao; September 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best One Piece Villain?

I think some of the best are yet to come:

Spoiler show

The Viennese Pixie MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Kaku, though from this poll, of course the one that gave Luffy the most trouble, brute force, intelligence, evil, Mr. Rob Lucci, he is the best of the Government so far, I look at the Admirals in a different way, they as a group are good, but individually have too many weird things between them.

Croc was a great "saga villain" as well, him and Rob Lucci really stand out as cool, though Lucci never lost his coolness, while Croc has his past and stuff, and the war that change his character a bit.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, I'd say Crocodile closely followed by Akainu
    BB is cool too I guess, but not a fan of his appearance to be honest

And Dofla looks promising too

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The one who made my blood boil? Well, it's the one that boils himself: Akainu.

I can't wait for the day Luffy tears him a new ***hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

of the developed ones, i stand behind rob lucci

a man of among the highest levels of intellect and discipline we've seen so far in the manga, yet who chooses to dedicate himself to a cause more than himself

it just happened he wanted to support absolute justice that made him an antagonist. he's the person you want standig on your side, just like luffy

he fought to the very end in all sturdiness, never hesitating, not a single illogical move. if he was aiming to kill you, you'd actually be overwhelmed by fear for every single second of your life.

not really a fan of crocodile. he depends too much on ways out, and throws a fit when his ways out are cut. he reminds me of enel, except smarter.

he is not a as mentally strong a person as people like luffy, lucci, roger, whitebeard imho. i guess that's what happened after whitebeard 'broke' him. not saying he's mentally weak, he's pretty strong mentally actually. he's just not nearly as absolute as those guys. it's like comparing 95/100 against 100/100, 95/100 is still bloody impressive

crocodile makes for a good story though. it's the broken characters that are best at being developed story wise

akainu may be a good match for lucci, but he still wastes time doing the illogical (e.g. killing his own marines, etc). lucci was pure cold-blooded logic, the guy u know who wouldn't be enraged by taunts, and doesn't kill you only because he doesn't intend to.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    akainu may be a good match for lucci, but he still wastes time doing the illogical (e.g. killing his own marines, etc). lucci was pure cold-blooded logic, the guy u know who wouldn't be enraged by taunts, and doesn't kill you only because he doesn't intend to.
    Akainu is one of the best with psychological warfare. I think Oda make a mistake. He should have killed that marine off to make an example in front of others. Because, that fits his personality. Kill one warn a thousands. After killing one, there would be no retreat. But yeah, kill a marine in an alley way doesn't have the same effect. But he managed to play the game well with Ace and Squard.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Lucci will be the fan favorite here but I like Akainu specially at the Marine Ford Arc the most brutal and effective Admiral that make WB and company run for their lives and I think Akainu will have more twisted plans for Luffy and all the pirates... But like what some say DonFla is looks promising as a villain in the next couple of arcs

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I choose Akainu to be the best villain. He's challenging for Luffy to be defeated either mentally or physically. I think until now he's the most hated One Piece villain in my list.

Story wise, I remember how Crocodile was really frightening back then. Him being Shicibukai and coup mastermind, his sinister actions make my blood boil.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i choose akainu because he is the one i hate most in one piece. he do what ever wanted in name of justice. he is white collar criminal
    Impel Down Warden Magellan i dont see him as villain.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, the villain I hated the most and couldn't stand was Foxy the Silver Fox. I just couldn't stand his guts. I guess out of all the villains he comes off the most as a politician (someone who lies and cheats and does whatever it takes to win while still keeping a friendly face to buy support). I guess its the lack of morality compounded with the two faced nature that really ticks me off about him.

Out of all the antagonists so far, Magellan was the one I had the most respect for. He is probably the only one who will not show up again as a main antagonist against Luffy that Luffy never managed to actually beat. His conviction and respect for his subordinates, I thought, was very admirable.

I know a lot of people really hate Akainu and Hody Jones. From a poll during the Fishman Island arc, which had both of them almost neck and neck on who was the most evil (not quite the same as who was the best villain), but Akainu won with 24 votes if you ignore the Tenryubito (who got 40) since they're not a single villain.

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    ...akainu may be a good match for lucci, but he still wastes time doing the illogical (e.g. killing his own marines, etc). lucci was pure cold-blooded logic, the guy u know who wouldn't be enraged by taunts, and doesn't kill you only because he doesn't intend to.
    I wanted to point out that Lucci did kill Nero in front of everybody; not even for giving up but for failing. If that was the standard, the marineford war should've left no wounded on the marine side because Akainu should've killed them for failing. Just saying that they both had their reasons which were different for each case. Lucci respects strength while Akainu respects strength of will.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is Buggy? I like him..

But Crocodile is probably one of the best. he seems smart, evil and strong. He's like the older version of Law (except that Law doesn't make the mistake of underestimate his oppernents). He had a good saga and it was nice seeing him back in IP and the war.
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

BB still didn't fight the strawhats for real, same for akainu ... among the real ennemies encountered in big arcs, Crocodile is the only main vilain who is not a cartoon joke. Lucci could pretend to the title but he is not the leader, the joke called Spandam is.

Arlong was a good early vilain: just evil, no redeeming features
    The most promizing vilain is Do Flamingo because he seems like a sociopath: act for fun, no real view on good or evil.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly in One piece we don't have the crazy-type of enemies that I enjoy the most...So I voted for Aikanu who is the one who produces the bigger motivation on Luffy to fight.

Doflamingo is yet to prove how awesome He can be. So far, promising, but nothing concrete.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

"Clown Star" Buggy