Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Winter Anime 2012/2013 Preview Guide

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Anime 2012/2013 Preview Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Maoyuu Maou Yuusha might be worth checking out, the franchise (novels and manga) are such a big deal right now in Japan.
    Setting sounds like a hit or miss for me but I guess it's worth a try. I guess if it's a boom among the japanese people then there has to be some certain quality to it.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My expectations are not very high. It is something I could well skip, if it does not get great reviews. I'm not really excited about the studio either, other than Elfen Lied I've never even watched an ARMS anime. The premise is interesting enough, though it does sound kind of contrived. I'll approach with an open mind, pending more previews and reviews at ANN.

To give some idea of how much hype Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is getting in Japan, here is the page for the primary manga adaption. Check out how many spin off manga's have already been generated, in addition to the original novels.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the fact that Savanna game was in the previous version and not in this one mean that the project has been either postponed or canceled or do you remember an occasion that some of the series skipped a version of the season preview?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susanoo13 View Post
    Does the fact that Savanna game was in the previous version and not in this one mean that the project has been either postponed or canceled or do you remember an occasion that some of the series skipped a version of the season preview?
    They probably didn't include it because there was no concrete announcement yet. All the info we have is months old and only stated that the anime will be released in 2012. Seeing as there's nothing solid yet I would guess chances are so-so. Could very well be delayed to 2013.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG, Amnesia anime??! *nosebleed*
    I didn't know it's going to be adapted into anime! Though if I remember the past experience with otome-game-turned-anime, usually the plot will be *ehem* not that good. But I guess I'll give it a try.

...and why Chihayafuru S2's poster looks almost similar to Utakoi's poster in terms of art style?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the newest list, which contains what is seemingly all of the anime, which is more than was previously thought, plus OVAs and BDs.

Spoiler show

Updated the OP /Kaiten
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 26, 2012 at 09:49 AM.

8. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After taking a second look, I may need some convincing before watching Vivid Red. The director of Strike Witches and hot pants? Not sure what to think of this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!

Well, for the moment, next season I'll continue watching Psycho-pass. And for the new series... only Nurarihyon no Mago's OVA and Train Hero seem interesting for me.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

After taking a second look, I may need some convincing before watching Vivid Red. The director of Strike Witches and hot pants? Not sure what to think of this.
    "Now with hot pants" probably relates to the fact that the protagonists of Strike Witches are/were famous for not wearing any pants.....

Anyway, out of curiosity I looked up the director: Takamura Kazuhiro

He worked on quite a few productions from Gainax (TTGL, Evangelion, FLCL) and Sunrise, but it appears that was mostly for animation. Guess on that part there isn't much to worry about. Strike Witches is known for a rather weak story though so not sure what to expect.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely going to approach Vividred with an open mind, but also open eyes. While I enjoy fanservice as much (or more) as the next guy, if Vividred is moe girls in hot pants, but otherwise light on content, I will likely pass. Other than moe girls in bloomers, Strike Witches was a mediocre anime.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

So far winter is actually looking like a good season. Finding five potentially interesting series from the preview alone is high, at least by my standards. Usually I don't even find three to try until the ANN previews start coming out.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely going to approach Vividred with an open mind, but also open eyes. While I enjoy fanservice as much (or more) as the next guy, if Vividred is moe girls in hot pants, but otherwise light on content, I will likely pass. Other than moe girls in bloomers, Strike Witches was a mediocre anime.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

So far winter is actually looking like a good season. Finding five potentially interesting series from the preview alone is high, at least by my standards. Usually I don't even find three to try until the ANN previews start coming out.
    Never watched Strike Witches but I share your opinion, hopefully it won't turn out that way

I have to say that fall looked more promising to me and even though some series were a huge disappointment I still have six series I'm really looking forward to every week (Chuuni, Jojo, Magi, Psycho-Pass, R;N and Tonari). I'm still watching 11 series of this season in total, I believe I've never watched that many before.
    Winter has quite a few potentially good series though, so I guess the season could turn out pretty well too.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I have to say that fall looked more promising to me and even though some series were a huge disappointment I still have six series I'm really looking forward to every week (Chuuni, Jojo, Magi, Psycho-Pass, R;N and Tonari). I'm still watching 11 series of this season in total, I believe I've never watched that many before.
    Winter has quite a few potentially good series though, so I guess the season could turn out pretty well too.
    I guess I'm the most pessimistic one here, then.

Winter doesn't seem very interesting to me. I did notice Chihayafuru because I followed it previously, but among other new titles none really pumped my interest at this moment. That can change of course given how Fall titles I didn't consider before turn out awesome (and those I thought would be awesome fell behind a bit). At this point I don't have ones to definitely wait for, but I'll see comments once they are released.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Compared to the other seasons, winter always seems to have fewer interesting new anime. Fewer new anime in general, interesting or not, seem to premier in the winter. Two or three good new series is really all I expect. Three of the four anime I started in October (Shinsekai, R;N, and Psycho-Pass) will continue until April, adding too many more won't be necessary anyway.

KyoAni did announce a new series for this winter, Tamako Market, by the same team that created K-On!. I have not yet watched K-On (after S;G), but I'm enough of a KyoAni fanboy that I am definitely going to try Tamako. Unlike K-On it will be an original story.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess you're not only the one. I'm also pessimistic about the next season's anime. Like niichan, I'm watching 11 anime series in total this season (I've never watched so many anime series before ), but after a quick look at the list, I only anticipate 2 anime (Chihayafuru & Amnesia) for winter. I don't know if later on I'll try to watch the others, but I guess it won't be many as now. I think next season's anime is not as heavy (genrewise and plotwise) as this season's anime? I used to think that so many dark anime in a season is not good, but it turns out they are more interesting rather than the more light ones.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My updated list for the Winter

definite:
    • Ganbaranai: No doubt about this one, I'm a huge fan of SHAFT and Shinbou Akiyuki. I do not expect to be disappointed.
    • Tamako Market: KyoAni is also one of my favorite studio's. Should at least be really fun and entertaining.
    Interested but not definite:
    • OreShura: Looks interesting, but it could also be generic moeblob.
    • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: Also looks interesting, but could also be generic fantasy/action.
    • Train Hero: I need more information. The summery looks interesting, but not even stills are available yet. I'm not sure what to expect from a full CG joint venture between TV Tokyo and a Chinese studio.
    Maybe, but I have a feeling no:
    • Vividred: The new PV opens with a close up of a short shorts clad moe girl's butt. I have a bad feeling about this one.
    Last edited by Kaiten; December 01, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast