Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Confusion about the Rinnegan

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Confusion about the Rinnegan

    I am a little confusing about how exactly the Rinnengan works. Is it meant to allow the user to use the six forms of elements, but then what bothers me is if:
    1. the Rinnegan gives the user the ability to use a set of Jutsus such as the Shinra Tensei, the same way Itachi or Sasuke can use the Amaterasu with the Mangekyou Sharingan?

    2. the Rinnegan gives the user the ability to use any Jutsu that exists without much effort, and techniques such as the Shinra Tensei are just the most powerfull techniques that exists?
    If we assume the second is true, in that sense Nagato should be able to use the Rasen Shuriken, or since it is a bloodline he can't the same way he can't use a Byakugan Jutsu?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    The Rinnegan gives the user affinity towards all elements and thus the potential to use any technique except kekkei genkai. However, the user still has to learn those techniques first.

    Rasenshuriken is not a bloodline limit, theoretically anyone with wind affinity can learn it, its just very difficult, but thats something most S-Rank techniques have in common.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    i think the main focus here is why, then, would tehy only keep using the 6 paths moves?

    if they ahve access to virtually all the skills, they should be spamming stuff

  5. #4
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I am a little confusing about how exactly the Rinnengan works. Is it meant to allow the user to use the six forms of elements, but then what bothers me is if:
    1. the Rinnegan gives the user the ability to use a set of Jutsus such as the Shinra Tensei, the same way Itachi or Sasuke can use the Amaterasu with the Mangekyou Sharingan?

    2. the Rinnegan gives the user the ability to use any Jutsu that exists without much effort, and techniques such as the Shinra Tensei are just the most powerfull techniques that exists?
    If we assume the second is true, in that sense Nagato should be able to use the Rasen Shuriken, or since it is a bloodline he can't the same way he can't use a Byakugan Jutsu?
    Actually the Hyuuga's Juuken doesn't use the Byakugan to strike, only to see, meaning anyone can theorically do it too.
    They don't because only the Byakugan can see the tenketsu, and Hyuuga in general have an exceptional chakra control

    Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    i think the main focus here is why, then, would tehy only keep using the 6 paths moves?

    if they ahve access to virtually all the skills, they should be spamming stuff
    Because Rin'negan paths > almost all kind of jutsus.
    A body with all 6 Paths is near invincible, Kishi limited Nagato by making him the most clueless and foolish ninja in the universe

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Like said above the person who possesses Rinnegan still has to learn the techniques. Now, what I'm interested in is if Naruto, like Nagato can use it.

  8. #6
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Th second probably isn't true and Rinnegan can't use SOME of the Sharingan's powers. Madara only used Susanoo while having Rinnegan activated.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #7
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    The abilities of the Rinnegan are probably like those of other shown Bloodline Limits, inherently known and usable to the owner straight off the bat. The techniques would be usable, even if not at the max proficiency. And regular techniques, while training would have been needed, would still have been easier to learn then with a normal person.

    As for the Rasenshuriken, Nagato shouldn't have had any major trouble learning it seeing as he has all necessary requirements.

  11. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    THE SCIENCEMOBILE!!
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    A body with all 6 Paths is near invincible, Kishi limited Nagato by making him the most clueless and foolish ninja in the universe
    It was implied that the mobility Nagato gained from draining bijuu chakra was a temporary thing (and even then, he was still slow). Kishi limited Nagato by giving him a crippling injury during the Danzou/Hanzou ambush. Still wondering just what the hell Gedo Mazou did to him and why Tobi can just order it around all willynilly with no crippling side-effects. Especially since he claimed to need Sasuke in the future for syncing with Mazou.

    ---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yiping View Post
    Like said above the person who possesses Rinnegan still has to learn the techniques. Now, what I'm interested in is if Naruto, like Nagato can use it.
    If Sasuke obtained the Rinnegan and then the eyes were implanted in Naruto's head, yes, he could probably use it just as well as Nagato did. Consequently, this would kill the story.

  12. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BigJDelux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgetown, IN
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Yiping View Post
    Like said above the person who possesses Rinnegan still has to learn the techniques. Now, what I'm interested in is if Naruto, like Nagato can use it.
    Was it not implied that Nagato was Uzumaki clan with the red hair thing at his burial? So theoretically naruto might have this bloodline limit? That would be over the top though
    "The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly fearsome is the betrayal you don't see." - Sousuke Aizen


  13. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Yiping View Post
    Like said above the person who possesses Rinnegan still has to learn the techniques. Now, what I'm interested in is if Naruto, like Nagato can use it.
    i really hope naruto picks it up, seeing as how kishi refuses to let him leave his stupidity behind (no other way for him to power up)

    it would destroy the entire balance of the metaphorical elder son vs the younger son of the sage though

  14. #11
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    It was implied that the mobility Nagato gained from draining bijuu chakra was a temporary thing (and even then, he was still slow). Kishi limited Nagato by giving him a crippling injury during the Danzou/Hanzou ambush. Still wondering just what the hell Gedo Mazou did to him and why Tobi can just order it around all willynilly with no crippling side-effects. Especially since he claimed to need Sasuke in the future for syncing with Mazou.
    I doubt it was a temporary thing, considering he was able to support two weights when he couldn't even walk. I'm guessing Kabuto overrode the pain factor when he took over Nagato?

    I think Nagato got stabbed with the chakra rods because he wanted Gedo Mazou to use that soul sucking jutsu. Tobi doesn't have that that drawback because he hasn't made Gedo Mazou use the soul sucking jutsu.



    I think Naruto would use the Rinnegan much better than Nagato. Hell, I think Konohamaru could use the Rinnegan much better than Nagato did.

  15. #12
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    France
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    well , nagato soloed konoha .... he went there , with enough confidence that he could solo the most powerful ninja village
    this should speak a lot about the rinnegan power . also , his mastery over the rinnegan is much better than tobi's (or else he would have ressurected madara himself )
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito



  16. #13
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    Moderator message by: Gats
    Threads about a character/jutsu which are non related to the recent events in the Narutoverse must be created in the Toshokan sub-forum from now on.

  17. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Confusion about the Rinnegan

    I figured it out, the Rinnengan indeed allow the user to easily master any technique that exists.

    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts