Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which two will advance?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trafalgar Law

20 32.26%
  • Monkey D. Luffy

21 33.87%
  • Edward Newgate

21 33.87%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Preliminary Round! (Group 10)

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preliminary Round! (Group 10)

I don't get the logic there
    If the question is who will advance, why would you vote for the loser? No, you have one vote to give for the one you think should advance, however the two with the most votes will advance. In short, I'd recommend not everyone should vote for the obvious winner ;D

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lazy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    Are we still voting for the loser? 'cause the question says "Which two will advance"
    Nop, voting for one of the two you think will advance.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Such an awfull round :'(

First, let's be honest, given what we've seen until now, there is just no way Luffy will win this tournament ^_^
    WB is a sure win here, now let's see how Luffy would compete against Law :-/

The problem here is that we know Law is pretty good with his ubber devil fruit and we've only seen Luffy fighting without being serious.
    On one hand, we have law who is really fast in his room, master everything in it and calculate thing to get things the way he wants and on the other hand, Luffy just go on instinct...
    Right now, I can't help but think that during Smoker Vs Law, you could switch Smoker with Luffy and the result would still be the same
    Ofcourse not, Luffy is above Law in this moment, in fact he's the strongest in Punk Hazard right now.

Luffy cannot be cut and warped in any sized room by Law, thanks to his Busoshoku and not even hardening it. Countershock is a great technique but luffy's inmune to electricity. He can read the next place whether Law can make Shambles with himself and any form to attack him too. Also has Haoshoku, so it can stop the thoughs of Law, that itself is an attack and Luffy takes the chance to attack him.

The question is Luffy is able to knock Law with any of his techniques? Indeed he can.

Luffy and Newgate go to the next round.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

FECK ME this is hard!

Considering Newgate's weakened state and health issues...I would say the combination of Law and Luffy on a lucky day would be in their favour. However, this is fecking Whitebeard we're talking about. The ossan took the marines on himself like it was a walk in the park! I doubt many other pirates in the OP world would ever accomplish such a feat while sustaining such injuries at the same time.

I think an island would be needed solely for Law and Luffy to battle it out, may be not to the same extent as the Admirals did on Punk Hazard but I get the feeling that there would be total chaos and destruction. Considering Luffy's well trained haki and experience mainly from the Marineford War; I would favour a Luffy victory over Law.

Law's fricking df ability is a bit overkill tbh now. xD I still love it but I just can't see the Captain bow out this early in the Tournament! So for me it's Whitebeard and Luffy!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    I don't get the logic there
    If the question is who will advance, why would you vote for the loser?
    because it is said that "Which two will advance". since you can only can vote for one and had experience voting for looser in previous round; it is very easy to assume that you will eliminate the voter in this round too, just like the previous one.

No, you have one vote to give for the one you think should advance, however the two with the most votes will advance. In short, I'd recommend not everyone should vote for the obvious winner ;D
    so you are recommending to not vote for the winner? because you need the second one to get few votes, right? in that case, wasn't it better to vote for the looser in this round too? i am sure, because of this method, few potential character will be eliminated.
    Naruto Forever

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that, but during the first round half of the people complained voting for the loser is so unusual, now the other half does because of getting used to it. the majority of people managed to vote right so far, from what I've seen.

As for voting for the loser,no. if you vote for the 'loser', that is, the one you want to see gone, then said loser might get more votes than the one you see in second place. why? since many votes go to the obvious first placed, the - in theory - logical 2nd place gets fewer votes. if you however vote for the loser or other think this caracter should advance or they are just fanboys, then that character will be in second and the one you wanted to will drop out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Akainu;3065288]I understand that, but during the first round half of the people complained voting for the loser is so unusual, now the other half does because of getting used to it. the majority of people managed to vote right so far, from what I've seen.

As for voting for the loser,no. if you vote for the 'loser', that is, the one you want to see gone, then said loser might get more votes than the one you see in second place. why? since many votes go to the obvious first placed, the - in theory - logical 2nd place gets fewer votes. if you however vote for the loser or other think this caracter should advance or they are just fanboys, then that character will be in second and the one you wanted to will drop out.
    i will just quote another post of mine which i think is problem:

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    i don't see how it is a good idea. we will have to vote for one, but two will be selected. because fair votes will go mostly for one character, there is a big chance that popularity will determine the next one to qualify, not strength.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

so whom vote ???????

1 whom i want to eliminate or 1 of 2 whom i want to go next round
    Last edited by suraj5898; October 11, 2012 at 04:19 AM.

Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

it is 1 of the 2 you want to go to next round, so better change your votes

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Law is a very, very strong character, but I think Luffy has the edge. Not only does he have the King's Haki, but he has high levels of each kind of Haki, something that Smoker said was essential for fighting against Law. Also, we've seen characters who are able to fight even after being cut up, like Kinemon. I expect that if Luffy were cut up, he'd be even more dangerous. He's made of rubber, so all his parts would bounce around and become weapons.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

WB should win. His fruit would crack and quake the hell out of the rest. And between Law and Luffy, I'd keep Luffy.
    This isn't the group of death, the one with Sengoku and Rayleigh is much worse, because they should be about equal in level (as far as I can tell).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that Luffy is one of the worst opponents for anyone due to his tenacity for victory.
    It was always like this. From the fight against Kuro up to the fight against Moria. He keeps fighting, when there is no hope and most of the people would have fallen already. Also his incredible ability to take immesurable damage is also what can give him a victory in most of the fights.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lazy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Tight fight here
    Too bad for you Law !

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

WOAH! Very very close. It's understandable. I don't think many would expect such a battle combination in the first place so...in a way we now know what might happen. hehehe~

You know even if Law did lose against WB and Luffy...I feel that his spirit and fighting will is strong too so I doubt he would die. Well I hope not anyway. =/

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3