Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Top 10 Favorite Swords

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists:Top 10- Worst Clichés

I've always hated #4 and #1, hell for 1 I'd even go far to say
    Spoiler show
    as for #4, I don't care about child niavite, its retarded.

#5 I've been more or less neutral on,
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

#8 Its alright but it gets used way too much where you can kind of see it comming all the time and ruins it, same for #2

Spoiler show

And as for #10
    Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

List 06: Top 10- Favorite Clichés

Spoiler show

Next list: Top 10 Anime/Manga I dislike but everybody else seems to like

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I also like most of them especially #6 and #8 and heck sometimes the secret orginization too (oh who am I kidding I LOVE secret orginizations)

Its just #10 though. in most cases I like it but there was also a time where I read this one series and it drove me into a cynical rut, I wanted nothing to do with friendship of even people after that, but I eventually got over it. as for those that showed a good example of it, I'd say One Piece, HxH and even gash bell are my favorites, and magi seems to shaping up a likable one.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

List #07: Top 10 Anime/Manga I dislike but everybody else seems to like
    Attention: Since this is a controversial list, please try to accept that these are my opinions and try not to get mad if you found your favorite series among them. Please be open minded and accept the fact that not everybody is going to like what you like.

Spoiler show

Next list: Top 10 Anime/Manga I like but everybody else ignores

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    List #07: Top 10 Anime/Manga I dislike but everybody else seems to like
    Attention: Since this is a controversial list, please try to accept that these are my opinions and try not to get mad if you found your favorite series among them. Please be open minded and accept the fact that not everybody is going to like what you like.

Spoiler show

Next list: Top 10 Anime/Manga I like but everybody else ignores
    Two of my favorites copped it. Didn't think Pluto's art looked generic seinen per se, it's actually pretty distinctively Urasawa style. The World's Strongest Robot were the two most memorable episodes of the 1980s(?) anime series for me. IMO I liked it for completely different reasons compared to Pluto. One was for the (at the time, and still) badass fights and touching moments, the latter was more for the engaging plot. As for Trust and Betrayal, I'm probably a bigger fan of it than of the original, enjoyed the gloom and how it brings out the harshness of the time period. The art style was slightly more appealing too.
    Last edited by Bromamura; October 19, 2012 at 08:10 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists:Top 10 Anime/Manga I dislike but everybody else seems to like

Finally someone who doesn't like Furuhashi's direction.
    He's one of the few directors I now their names, and he's the only one I don't like.
    If he's really obsessed with the Drama and the dark atmosphere, then he should direct an original Anime series, an anime that follows no Manga, not ruining a good Manga with his obsession.
    Last edited by Beans; October 25, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists:Top 10 Anime/Manga I dislike but everybody else seems to like

Well I guess I'll post on this a bit, even though I don't particulaly care about any of these shows.

I was and probably still will check out my bride is a mermaid, because I've heard both good and bad(you) things from it, so I think I'll just make my own opinion on it, same for berserk, but I'm alot less motivated to check it out since I was reminded about how often people showboat this series as well as show boating in general reasons why I hate discussing one piece and its fandom- *cough*cough*RAIL*cough*cough*GUN*cough*cough*

As a person who perfers nicley written funny and silly series (and yes even moe) over poorly wirtten 'dark and mature ones' it always puts a smile on my face to see posts like this.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

List #8: Top 10 Anime/Manga I like but everybody else ignores

For this list, I'm giving my assumptions for why these titles are not popular based on feedback from numerous forums and message boards. And may you get interested in some of the titles given here.

Spoiler show

Next list: Top 10 Anime/Manga I have yet to watch/read

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists:Top 10 Anime/Manga I like but everybody else ignores

8. I never did get the constant hate for JC staff, but for me, I don't really hate them because the only shows I really have seen and liked from them was Index and Bakuman, and flaws aside I enjoy those series. As for kill me baby the company didn't have much to do with it, it suffered the 'anime beelzebub' syndrome for me, though on the lesser scale that I didn't quite find it as funny compared to the manga. Not to mention everything looked batshit cheap, but considering its a 4koma, they're smart to save their money. I may touch basis with the anime again, but if we get more manga chapters, its less likely to happen for me.

06: Hm...that art style seems quite familiar But it looks interesting and if that author is who I think it is, I think I'll definetly enjoy it!

05: Oh so I can go out and get it? great! I have to say I've been curious about this series since I saw that purple headed girl in one of the dragon ball "movies".

04: Alright Alright, I'll go ceck it out. As for that little rule though, that sounds completely ridiculous to me, I've seen WAAAY too many anime that have had manga continuations that tell the story better and give it a proper conclusion. So yeah, I'm more or less a believer ofthe opposite view point (unless the anime is based off a light novel or its an original production)

03: A ninja series that ISN'T naruto FINALLY!!!

02: Wow didn't know the manga was like that... as far as checking out the anime, meh, if I have time, but I'm really not a fan of making everything CGI.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists:Top 10 Anime/Manga I like but everybody else ignores

The only part I didn't like in Dragon Ball GT was the first 20 episode, it was mostly boring and I couldn't enjoy it. Goku was fighting some random weak characters, and yet the fights were dragged a lot! I actually stopped watching the series for half a year or so.

the reason I got back to watching the series was this epic AMV.

Man, Dragon Ball's fights are the best

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    there’s little to no character development
    This regarding to Berserk...actually there is quite a bit of character development, and it's not just battles...those battles have a significance, and their meaning in the story changes as the world and the characters change...if you see the shounen elements in the manga, then you will automatically miss the finer aspects and the detail, which in fact make Berserk a great series...

The Golden Age arc as a standalone story is a good story about 3 characters and their relationship with each other...there's some romance, plenty of action, political intrigue, manipulation, awesome art and an immense amount of realism...but what makes Golden Age arc really great is how it is tied in with the rest of the story...and only after that some of the more subtle elements will make sense...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

List #09: Top 10 Anime/Manga I have yet to watch/read (till this date)

This is going to be a quick list and straight to the point. These are the anime and manga that watched or read nothing from, and I don't mean read few chapters or watched some episodes, no. These are the ones I really know nothing of their plot. I recognize some names and characters, but have no idea what's the story and didn't get to know them despite being big names among the fandom and you expect everyone of them watched or read them at least once in their lives, but not me. Reasons for not watching/reading them are mostly the same:

1- Can't find working links
    2- Licensed and therefore not available online anymore (debatable)
    3- Not interested in them at the moment
    4- Occupied with other series' that I want to finish first before getting to something new
    5- Don't have time for anime/manga

The ranking is based on the ones I desire to watch the most at this point

Spoiler show

Now that I gave you this brief list, the next one will be double that. It will be:

List #10: Top 20 Anime and Manga of all Time

---------- Post added November 08, 2012 at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was October 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

List #10: Top 20 Anime and Manga of all Time

Spoiler show

Next list: Top 10 Favorite Villains
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; October 08, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Top 20 Anime and Manga of all Time

Read the Akira manga. Totally worth it.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Akira's Anime movie is even included in 1001 movie to watch before you die list. It's just that amazing and obviously the crème de la crème of Cyberpunk. I also agree that Dr. Slump and Sengoku Youko are very underrated, I found both of them are hugely enjoyable.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw hell yeah, Digimon Tamers!

I remember back in my childhood I didn't really care much for seasons 1 or two, but season 3 was the season that made me interested in digimon, aside from gash bell thats my childhood right there! I think what attracted me to much was oddly the darker nature of it, and this was back when I'd flinch in fear from the sight of blood and etc. Something about the way it carried itself and not BS-ing matters like death for both humans and digimon made it oddly interesting for me.

Some of the stuff I haven't really seen yet, like Azumanga Daioh, Akira and Black cat's manga but I'll be sure to give them a try when I have the chance.

I have to say I'm surpised Index was a runner up; don't get me wrong I like it myself, really enjoy it even, but I didn't see that comming...huh...

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast