Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Top 10 Favorite Swords

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Top 10 Favorite Swords

Since I fail miserably at videos, I decided to make my personal thread for my personal lists Top-10 (or an number) in anything anime/manga and related media.

These are my personal list and personal choices so don't get mad at me for a certain choice you didn't like or disagree with me. Please don't take my choices and sarcasm too seriously.

This topic will get updated with new lists as time goes on.

--------

List 01: Top 10- Disliked Anime/Manga Female Characters
    (Sept. 15, 12)
    (Originally posted on Blip.TV in Nov 5, 2011)

Spoiler show

---------- Post added September 19, 2012 at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was September 15, 2012 at 09:15 PM ----------

List 02: Top 10- Disliked Anime/Manga Male Characters
    (Sept. 19, 12)

Spoiler show

------

Next list: Top 10- Favorite anime/manga female characters
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; December 27, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Disliked Anime/Manga Male Characters

Ironically enough I think Aizen is what made Bleach interesting.

Without him Bleach would be a "Baddie of the Week manga". Which would be fine but it would get old quick.
    But then you get a complete asshole like Aizen who just trolls everyone. It's great.

For pretty much every reason you hate him. I love him. At least I love hating him. XD
    A villain to me is someone you should love to hate! And Aizen fits that perfectly for me.

You said he does nothing during Fake Karakura Town Arc. But for me...That was why he's so awesome.
    It's just like "I'm gonna drink tea. You guys go fight in my stead. Mmm... Earl Grey." But even then
    I think he did enough with completely outclassing SS and Vizards and then turning into David Bowie Butterfly Dude Monster Man.

I'm sorry...but I really do hope he returns as a wild card for this final arc.

One big reason why Aizen is actually one of my favorite villains---Kyle Herbert. He's got a great voice for Aizen...
    and I really can't wait until the dub gets to some of Aizens more Ham scenes. It's gonna be great.

To me, Bleach is a story that if you take it too seriously it ends up not being fun. I know a lot of people get upset
    that this or that character is stronger or weaker than they expected and it ruins their rankings but to me I'm just
    like "whatever". If Momo suddenly became more awesome than Kenpachi, know what? I'd just roll with it.
    And I always find it hilarious when people complain about Aizen being 100 steps ahead of his opponents as
    too absurd. I mean...THAT'S KINDA THE WHOLE POINT! He's like the evil Superman or evil Jeeves of Bleach.
    He's ridiculously perfect....In a not so good for Soul Society type way.

For the all times we get the hero get out of difficult situations with absurd plot devices
    I like how Aizen gets them. Get stabbed by subordinate. TRANSFORM INTO STRONGER BEING!

Brilliance.

or perhaps

Kubrillianco

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Disliked Anime/Manga Male Characters

List 03: Top 10- Favorite Anime/Manga Female Characters

Spoiler show

Next list: Top 10- Favorite Anime/Manga Male Characters
    Last edited by SHINOBI-03; September 22, 2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Re-ordered

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Cavallone Dino's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Favorite Anime/Manga Female Characters

shinoooobbbbiiiiiii

why do u hate Temari <3 ?!!!

Ruki Ftw <3

i think you know who i am now

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Been wanting to give comments for a long time, now I have some time to do it.

I think placing Haruhi in the #1 is a little bit too much for me. There are many other girls who are more despicable than her, since Haruhi's annoying action is caused by her tsundereness towards Kyon rather than her genuine character. The other member of S.O.S Brigade are Yes-man/woman, if they are voicing their unfavorable opinions of Haruhi's actions, I think Haruhi would obey them.

I disagree with the existence of Vegeta in your list. Although his actions are sometimes are difficult to understand, but I think his personality as a character develops the most throughout Dragon Ball. Earlier part of the story depicts him as a villainous alien, and later quite surprisingly we get a family man. His ego is maybe going through the roof, but to be honest I accept that part of his character as what makes him interesting.

Besides that complain, I'm pretty much hate Kyosuke Kamijo, Light Yagami, and Akainu, just like you.

Finally, someone who appreciates Fujiko Mine !!!11!!. I agree with you, she is definitely taking Thievery to the next level. She would be my favorite femme fatale of all time, and her relationship with Lupin 3rd is just incredible. Her past in the new Anime also makes me appreciate her more.

Homura Akemi and Himeko are no doubt very likeable. I found that Himeko's character, which can be cute as a girl and macho when fighting is adorable. Her man-like hobby to beat up bad people does not make her lose her woman feelings.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen was the one who sentenced Rukia to death, not the Central 46, there was some captains who didn't think it was the right thing to do and tried to save Rukia and stop the execution. and you know what happened after that.

Since Aizen is immortal they won't sentence him to death, cuz it'll be useless. so they sentenced him to prison instead, and since he's not dead he'll be prepared for finding a way to escape.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallone Dino View Post
    shinoooobbbbiiiiiii

why do u hate Temari <3 ?!!!

Ruki Ftw <3

i think you know who i am now
    Let me get this clear: I don't hate Temari. She's one of the few Naruto characters that I like. I just pointed out that Sasuke got something that attracts every girl who sees him and Temari was one of them. Good for her she didn't fall in love with him and she got a better man for her and yes, I support Shikamaru X Temari.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Been wanting to give comments for a long time, now I have some time to do it.

I think placing Haruhi in the #1 is a little bit too much for me. There are many other girls who are more despicable than her, since Haruhi's annoying action is caused by her tsundereness towards Kyon rather than her genuine character. The other member of S.O.S Brigade are Yes-man/woman, if they are voicing their unfavorable opinions of Haruhi's actions, I think Haruhi would obey them.
    Well that's your opinion. But after that moment that I mentioned she's not gonna leave that spot.

Quote Quote:

I disagree with the existence of Vegeta in your list. Although his actions are sometimes are difficult to understand, but I think his personality as a character develops the most throughout Dragon Ball. Earlier part of the story depicts him as a villainous alien, and later quite surprisingly we get a family man. His ego is maybe going through the roof, but to be honest I accept that part of his character as what makes him interesting.

Besides that complain, I'm pretty much hate Kyosuke Kamijo, Light Yagami, and Akainu, just like you.

He does get better, but when I see how big of a moron he gets for his pride he just grinds my gears. He fights an enemy, he gets bored, asks him to transform, gets his @$$ whooped and endangers the whole planet and everyone.

Quote Quote:

Finally, someone who appreciates Fujiko Mine !!!11!!. I agree with you, she is definitely taking Thievery to the next level. She would be my favorite femme fatale of all time, and her relationship with Lupin 3rd is just incredible. Her past in the new Anime also makes me appreciate her more.

Homura Akemi and Himeko are no doubt very likeable. I found that Himeko's character, which can be cute as a girl and macho when fighting is adorable. Her man-like hobby to beat up bad people does not make her lose her woman feelings.
    Can't wait to get the chance to watch Fujiko's series.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Since Aizen is immortal they won't sentence him to death, cuz it'll be useless. so they sentenced him to prison instead, and since he's not dead he'll be prepared for finding a way to escape.
    I'll never ever get the logic behind his immortality power. The magic ball is what gave him the immortality power, right? Shouldn't he lose it when it rejected him? What's the difference with it or without it?

And if they can't kill him, can't they do anything more than sentence him to jail? Why not torture him to the point he wishes that he could be killed? Just do anything to him!

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. You hate all those characters for.....basically being human? People make mistakes, they have flaws. Why is Vegeta on your list? Because of his pride? I understand that he messed some stuff up because of his ego, but well..he was (and still is) an incredibly powerful fighter. His pride is not unreasonable. And as Doraku mentioned, he also developed. Really, let people grow and make mistakes. They're not perfect.

Same goes for other characters you mentioned like Tae and Haruhi for example.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the same boat as mrsticky in regards to how I think of Aizen...well except that I actually love him and not love to hate him...if his "intelligence" is a big bother than Urahara should be right up there in the list I think...the only difference between the two is the mannerism/style they have...

Unfortunately there are lots of stuff that I haven't watched/read that appear on your lists(/me makes sure to check some of them out later)...and I don't really have characters that I dislike...except Sado Yasutora aka Chad...if Inoue is on the female list and in top 3, then Chad should be right up there in the male list(or did I miss him)...he is even more useless than Inoue...at least Aizen used Inoue to heal Grimmjow, then Grimmjow used Inoue to heal Ichigo, so her healing ability was at least put to some use....but Chad...

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    I'll never ever get the logic behind his immortality power. The magic ball is what gave him the immortality power, right? Shouldn't he lose it when it rejected him? What's the difference with it or without it?

And if they can't kill him, can't they do anything more than sentence him to jail? Why not torture him to the point he wishes that he could be killed? Just do anything to him!
    To be honest, I didn't get his immortality power either, but I didn't care for it that much.
    Actually I think Kubo gave him his immortality power so he can bring him back to the story someday.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Ogiue Chika! She is definitely up there as one of my favorite characters of all time. Her slow, gradual transformation from being a self-loathing fujoshi to being a shy, upcoming mangaka is just so heart warming. You really feel her pain and anger, and later you really cheer for her to get over it and become successful.

Hey, Shinobi, have you checked out OgiueManiax? Its an anime/manga blog, run by a huge Ogiue fanboy. A lot of his early posts were about her and Genshiken, you should check it out.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I don't get it. You hate all those characters for.....basically being human? People make mistakes, they have flaws. Why is Vegeta on your list? Because of his pride?
    Technically Vegeta isn't a human, he's a saiyan.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

List 04: Top 10- Favorite Anime/Manga Male Characters

Spoiler show

Next list: Top 10 Worst Clichés

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I don't get it. You hate all those characters for.....basically being human? People make mistakes, they have flaws. Why is Vegeta on your list? Because of his pride? I understand that he messed some stuff up because of his ego, but well..he was (and still is) an incredibly powerful fighter. His pride is not unreasonable. And as Doraku mentioned, he also developed. Really, let people grow and make mistakes. They're not perfect.

Same goes for other characters you mentioned like Tae and Haruhi for example.
    There's a difference between making honest mistakes and being a total jerk! Vegeta is low on the list so that makes him not on the top. And Tae and Haruhi or on a completely different levels that what you could call human!

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Unfortunately there are lots of stuff that I haven't watched/read that appear on your lists(/me makes sure to check some of them out later)...and I don't really have characters that I dislike...except Sado Yasutora aka Chad...if Inoue is on the female list and in top 3, then Chad should be right up there in the male list(or did I miss him)...he is even more useless than Inoue...at least Aizen used Inoue to heal Grimmjow, then Grimmjow used Inoue to heal Ichigo, so her healing ability was at least put to some use....but Chad...
    At least Sado tries, but Kubo hates humans and that's why he always fails. And he's not as annoying as Inoue so that's a plus for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I love Ogiue Chika! She is definitely up there as one of my favorite characters of all time. Her slow, gradual transformation from being a self-loathing fujoshi to being a shy, upcoming mangaka is just so heart warming. You really feel her pain and anger, and later you really cheer for her to get over it and become successful.

Hey, Shinobi, have you checked out OgiueManiax? Its an anime/manga blog, run by a huge Ogiue fanboy. A lot of his early posts were about her and Genshiken, you should check it out.
    I did come across the blog while browsing for some Chika images.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Favorite Anime/Manga Male Characters

Guess I'll respond to the lists now

as for the disliked female list, while I don't share that dislike, I pretty much understand (except hakase, you heartless monster! XDJK) I knew I barely remembered season 2 of haruhi and didn't care for it in general, but wow thanks for reminding me of that one scene with Haruhi, I knew she ws a bratty, bitchy person, but I was mostly cool with it cause I found it funny but that, THAT is grade A bitch material. As far as Inoue, she never really bothered me until THAT arc, and now I just see her as a waste considering her abilities and the fact I don't give a rats ass about most of the shinigami who Kubo loves so fucking much.

As for the disliked male I pretty much agree with everybody, while I was a tad surprised to see Ash on the list it really reminded me how lame he was in series and how little I care for him.

As for the Favorite Female list aside form the fact I now have a few series to look at, it was nice seeing squid girl and Fujiko on the list, and since I DESPERATLY need help in writing a non Tsundere female lead, I guess I can give Sket dance an official viewing.

I was most surprised by the male list, no not because of shinji, I caught your drift back at AMP and I don't really hate the guy myself, but because of taiki and how much I acctually agree with the people on this list, I Luffy and Kyon are awesome, I've seen the fujiko show to like Lupin and I've always been more interested and appealed towards dragonball than Z.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHINOBI-03's Top 10 Lists: Favorite Anime/Manga Male Characters

Clichés are unavoidable. It's nearly impossible nowadays to come up with a completely 100% original idea. There have to be some clichés involved. Now, some of them are good and quite enjoyable, but some of them are totally terrible and they can ruin the entertainment value for us if thy got abused. And this is my list of the ones I really can't stand anymore.

List 05: Top 10- Worst Clichés
    Spoiler show

Next: Top 10- Favorite Clichés

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast