Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yagyuu Hiroshi/Liliadent Krauser

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Date Danji/Ishida Gin

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

  1. #1
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.



    Doubles 1Yagyuu Hiroshi
    Liliadent Krauser
    Date Danji
    Ishida Gin
    TitleGentleman
    Iceman
    -
    Shihan
    SchoolRikkai Dai Fuzoku 3rd Year
    Nagoya Seitoku 1st Year
    High School 3rd Year
    Shitenhouji 3rd Year
    Height177 cm
    186 cm
    ???
    189 cm
    Weight64 kg
    73 kg
    ???
    82 kg
    Dominant HandRight
    Right
    Left
    Left
    PlaystyleServe and Volley
    Aggressive Baseliner
    Aggressive Baseliner
    Aggressive Baseliner
    TechniquesLaser Beam
    Curved Laser
    Hopping Ball
    Southern Cross
    Danji no Haru
    Danji no Natsu
    108 Styles of Hadokyuu
    Hadokyuu Canceller

    Serve order: Krauser -> Date -> Yagyuu -> Ishida


    This round ends on Wednesday, September 19th 8 PM GMT.


    Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    My vote goes to Date/Gin. Krauser lost to Nakagauchi, Nakagauchi was destroyed by Date, Krauser won't have any chance against him. Yagyuu has no hope of returning Gin's Hadoukyuus, and Date can use Danji No Natsu and send them flying, or crush Yagyuu with Danji No Haru. Neither Krauser or Yagyuu have the physical abilities to face Date (like Kawamura, who is physically stronger) and enough power to return Gin's Hadoukyuus, even if Krauser has a 5 in power, Gin's power is much greater. So, Danji No Haru/anatsu, and Gin's Hadoukyuus, make Date/Gin pair the clear winner. Yagyuu and Krauser would get KOe'd in the match. Date/Gin pair win 6-0 or 6-1.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; September 15, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #3
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    LOL, Krauser is just Power and nothing else.
    Up against Two Power Players better than he is.

    Points can only come from the Lasers.
    Yagyuu fights a battle by himself since the Southern Cross and will be met with Summer of Danji.
    Date/Gin will win 6-1.

    I'm trying to look at this from different angles, but since Krauser is 2 in everything but Power, and he is up against Date and Gin,
    as excellent as Yagyuu is, they just cannot win.

    Disappointing one. Would suck as a match to watch.

    ---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    My vote goes to Date/Gin. Krauser lost to Nakagauchi, Nakagauchi was destroyed by Date, Krauser won't have any chance against him. Yagyuu has no hope of returning Gin's Hadoukyuus, and Date can use Danji No Natsu and send them flying, or crush Yagyuu with Danji No Haru. Neither Krauser or Yagyuu have the physical abilities to face Date (like Kawamura, who is physically stronger) and enough power to return Gin's Hadoukyuus, even if Krauser has a 5 in power, Gin's power is much greater. So, Danji No Haru/anatsu, and Gin's Hadoukyuus, make Date/Gin pair the clear winner. Yagyuu and Krauser would get KOe'd in the match. Date/Gin pair win 6-0 or 6-1.
    I don't think Yagyuu would necessarily be KO'd. Yagyuu could definetely do something.
    Curving Laser like Habu is a sudden swerve on the ball's path so it should seal Hadoukyuu.
    Yagyuu should be able to take points.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; September 15, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    I think Krauser brings the team down, so Yagyuu would have to hold his own against two power players which I don't think he could. Yagyuu would be able to take either one of them in my opinion, but not both of them. Gin/Date wins.

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FuRinKaZan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    Chile
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    I don't want to write the same than the others (LetalHawk, Airgrimes). Just a easy 6-0 for "Amazing"Date and Gin

  9. #6
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    I disagree with this being an easy victory for the power side.

    For starters, both Gin and Date are pretty slow, so they would fall prey to Laser Beam/Curved Laser, as well as the occasional Hopping Ball (and at least Gin doesn't have Nakagauchi like endurance). On the flipside, Yagyuu and Krauser should have at least enough power to not completely lose in that area, so it's not like they'll collapse when looked at funny. Gin seems like a greater liability than Krauser here tbh.

  10. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I disagree with this being an easy victory for the power side.

    For starters, both Gin and Date are pretty slow, so they would fall prey to Laser Beam/Curved Laser, as well as the occasional Hopping Ball (and at least Gin doesn't have Nakagauchi like endurance). On the flipside, Yagyuu and Krauser should have at least enough power to not completely lose in that area, so it's not like they'll collapse when looked at funny. Gin seems like a greater liability than Krauser here tbh.
    The problem is that Date with his Danji No Natsu and Haru would kill Krauser and Yagyuu. Nakagauchi resisted when Krauser did the Southern Cross many times, and he was completely destroyed when he crashed against the fence because of Danji No Haru. Date uses that and game over, also, neither Yagyuu or Krauser have the same endurance as Kawamura and Kabaji. As soon as Date hits one of his techniques, game over.

  11. #8
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I disagree with this being an easy victory for the power side.

    For starters, both Gin and Date are pretty slow, so they would fall prey to Laser Beam/Curved Laser, as well as the occasional Hopping Ball (and at least Gin doesn't have Nakagauchi like endurance). On the flipside, Yagyuu and Krauser should have at least enough power to not completely lose in that area, so it's not like they'll collapse when looked at funny. Gin seems like a greater liability than Krauser here tbh.
    Why does Gin seem like greater liablity?
    108th Hadoukyuu can be hit as a serve too.

    I said that Yagyuu will take points from it.
    But if Hopping Ball is about Power, Date and Gin have that. Date and Gin should be able to survive that shot since Date is stronger than Nakagauchi.
    This round is disappointingly easy.

    I don't think however Yagyuu will be destroyed. Yagyuu in Singles will defeat Gin definetely in Singles, but against Date I don't know but Curving Laser initially seals off The Power shots that have been said to require big swings and preparation to hit.

    So Yagyuu is the only guy taking points. In Doubles, Hopping Ball loses its effectiveness. Two Baseliners stand at the baseline making the shot easier to return.
    Krauser holds Yagyuu back.

    LOL, Krauser and Yagyuu shouldn't completely lose in the Power area? To Gin who is equal to Kawamura? and Date who overpowered Kawamura? I hope I interpreted it wrong.

  12. #9
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    I would put Yagyuu around nioh level, since he did beat him in a tie-break, which would make him prolly the best singles player out of these current 4. The fact that he knows nioh inside and out, was the reason why he beat him, but it still takes alot for Yagyuu to beat a Nioh that at the time of their match had moves all the way up to tezuka minus the zss.
    These facts were just to show that yagyuu is at a high level, maybe high enough even for G10 if nioh can make it.

    From all this, I would say that he would definitely not be defeated even by two big power players if it was at least singles. But overall, since this is doubles, it depends on how much krauser holds the team back. And unfortunately most of agree that krauser hasnt shown that he is at the level of all the other players since his only matches were losses to kirihara and nakaguchi. There was that win to sakata, but that guy is just a laughing stock. semi-pun intended.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Yagyuu was equal to Niou that wasn't even using Illusion. That Niou got dominated by 5th counter Fuji. I just don't look at him that high.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  15. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Yagyuu was equal to Niou that wasn't even using Illusion. That Niou got dominated by 5th counter Fuji. I just don't look at him that high.
    Then you completely missed the entire purpose for those tie break matches. It was supposed to show us that the winners of those matches were better, and the losers needed training to improve. Yagyuu absolutely did not "fluke" his victory. Even if Niou used illusions at that point in the series, Yagyuu would have still won. It isn't about techniques, it is about who is better. Yagyuu was not "equal" to Niou, he was better, and nobody has any evidence to suggest otherwise.

  16. #12
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Yagyuu was equal to Niou that wasn't even using Illusion. That Niou got dominated by 5th counter Fuji. I just don't look at him that high.
    Yeah they weren't equal. Yagyuu was holding back the Curving Laser the whole time.
    It was Niou who was all flustered during the tie-break. Yagyuu was pretty calm during the whole thing.
    They weren't equal.
    Yagyuu is higher than most actually. Nobody in Rikkai is weak in Singles except maybe Jackal.

  17. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yeah they weren't equal. Yagyuu was holding back the Curving Laser the whole time.
    It was Niou who was all flustered during the tie-break. Yagyuu was pretty calm during the whole thing.
    They weren't equal.
    Yagyuu is higher than most actually. Nobody in Rikkai is weak in Singles except maybe Jackal.
    And..? Niou wasn't using Illusion for the whole match. That's his single strongest techniques. It's a techniques so powerful that he can turn game around when he's playing Fuji. The basic Niou is so weak that it's simply a joke. Show me any proof that Niou without Illusion is high tier material. I don't think he is. Yagyuu beating Niou without Illusion is not a feat. Since Niou without Illusion is simply crap. Yagyuu, from all of his match, only show;

    -He struggle with golden pair without syncho
    -He dominated nameless players with Momoshiro
    -He beat Niou WITHOUT Illusion

    I'm just not seeing it. If Niou's not using Illusion, then I'm not giving Yagyuu free pass for "beating" it. I just don't see him that high. I highly doubt Yagyuu can beat Tezuka with Pinnacle of Wisdom and Hard Work. Niou's probably can't using Illusion because he had to "set up" when he's playing Fuji by losing 3 games straight. It just means that he improved now that he can use Illusion from the start of his match. He only have a tiebreak back then. That's my theory on it anyways. And I think Yagyuu being high tier base only on those 3 match is just something I don't see. Tell me if I miss something, but I can't derive Yagyuu=High tier from those 3 matches. I just can't. Before you use the last one as example again, like I said, Niou without Illusion suck. He's not high tier material at all.

    @Fayte; My evidence is simply Niou doesn't use his technique. That's my evidence. Show me evidence that prove your point, too.

    Yagyuu, from what I see, simply didn't beat Niou at Niou's peak. And Yagyuu right now doesn't show any improvement from back then. But since then, Niou grows stronger. I don't think he is at Niou level anymore.
    Last edited by -Ken-; September 17, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  18. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Yagyuu, from what I see, simply didn't beat Niou at Niou's peak. And Yagyuu right now doesn't show any improvement from back then. But since then, Niou grows stronger. I don't think he is at Niou level anymore.
    First of all, you do know that Niou's illusion is just that, right? An illusion? An illusion requires someone to be fooled by it. Who is to say Niou is even ABLE to use the illusion transformation technique on Yagyuu? Yagyuu knows Niou better than anybody, and if anybody would see through Niou's tricks, it would be him. I would assume Niou wouldn't even be able to transform into Tezuka because Yagyuu would see through it.

    Also, the only reason you're saying Yagyuu doesn't show improvement is because Yagyuu doesn't show period. He has not had the spotlight yet, whereas Niou did. Just because Niou improved and you're all excited doesn't mean Yagyuu won't still be better when he gets his time to shine.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 5 vs Team 8 Doubles 1] Yayguu/Krauser vs Date/Ishida G.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    First of all, you do know that Niou's illusion is just that, right? An illusion? An illusion requires someone to be fooled by it. Who is to say Niou is even ABLE to use the illusion transformation technique on Yagyuu? Yagyuu knows Niou better than anybody, and if anybody would see through Niou's tricks, it would be him. I would assume Niou wouldn't even be able to transform into Tezuka because Yagyuu would see through it.

    Also, the only reason you're saying Yagyuu doesn't show improvement is because Yagyuu doesn't show period. He has not had the spotlight yet, whereas Niou did. Just because Niou improved and you're all excited doesn't mean Yagyuu won't still be better when he gets his time to shine.
    Yeah, but for NOW, as in right now. Niou IS stronger than Yagyuu from what we see so far. And so what if Yagyuu beat JUST Niou and fail to beat anyone else. So he's kinda like how Inui before when Inui lost to Kirihara and can fight evenly with Yanagi. It's the same thing. I won't use that to say that Yagyuu is strong, unfortunate as that may be. So Yagyuu get an ability "beat Niou", but that doesn't show that his stat is high.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts