Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Which ability does Monet have?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Species

1 2.22%
  • Zoan

5 11.11%
  • Mythic Zoan

10 22.22%
  • Logia

1 2.22%
  • Parmecia

12 26.67%
  • Law Enhanced (Grafting)

1 2.22%
  • DF + Law Enhanced

15 33.33%
  • Other

0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of ability does Monet have?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What type of ability does Monet have?

Most of us agree Monet has a DF, though there are still some argue that she does not. What ability, DF or otherwise do you believe Monet has and why?

I vote Mythic Zoan. This seems the most obvious answer to me, as it would explain why she has animal limbs and would also explain her snow hut ability in my opinion.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Bushy Brows MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

It is a DF for sure, though she can be a mythic zoan based on the harpy thing plus the mix of snow, but lets not rule out pure logia as well. She might have been some weird creature, I mean in OP we have giants, so why not harpies? Animals/animal-human things eat DFs a lot in OP. So a harpy that ate a logia, also possible. Her character is so complex and her ability as well, that I just can't choose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Snow, probably snow DF. She tailed Law in snow (perfect camouflage). She made an IGLUUUU! I'm not sure if the harpy part is also part of it, or if it's a snow logia, but...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

she is not harpy becouse it was shown her human form so she can only be harpy zoan.

@0Xellos she didnt made igloo she made some kind of special wall and someone suggested that was igloo becouse technique was named kamakura wich is a name of the city in japan and that there is some kind of winter festival where they make snow huts similar to igloo. she flew when she was spying on law.

its been shown that her wings become liquid and it would make much more sense that her power is related to concrete since concrete transits from liquid to hard aggregate state over course of time...

Edit:
    and as my second argument i will use Aokiji becouse ice and snow are two same things
    Last edited by Zoronoa Roro; September 17, 2012 at 04:59 PM.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

She has de copi copi no mi fruit, which make her be able to create a copi of any object previously touched/scanned by her. The ability includes the possibility to transform her own body in an object previously scanned, (that way she could follow Law with out been noticed). And she can transform parts of her body, which explain current talons and wings...
    Last edited by ukimix; September 17, 2012 at 05:07 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping she had a harpy fruit, but last chapter makes me think it'd be a snow paramecia. Who knows though......I still can't figure out Kinemon's DF ability.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pseudorca's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

snowy owl (i.e. harry potter's hedwig) zoan, perhaps?

...and that's why ninjas need to carry isotonic drinks...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever it is, Oda made a huge secret out of it. First, he introduces her as bird human "Harpy". Then he shows her in a flashback to have a human body, while summarizing that Law modified the bodies of Boss' men. And then he came up with her having DF powers even before showing that she really has them. (Yeah, I just wasted your time. :P)

I still think though that she has a Mythical Bird Zoan like Marco. But I'd be open if she turns out to have a standard bird Zoan and a snow Paramecia, too.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    She has de copi copi no mi fruit, which make her be able to create a copi of any object previously touched/scanned by her. The ability includes the possibility to transform her own body in an object previously scanned, (that way she could follow Law with out been noticed). And she can transform parts of her body, which explain current talons and wings...
    Hardly. Copy Copy is already given to the Chameleon character which name escapes my memory right now.

I'll go with the Snow one.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Whatever it is, Oda made a huge secret out of it. First, he introduces her as bird human "Harpy". Then he shows her in a flashback to have a human body, while summarizing that Law modified the bodies of Boss' men. And then he came up with her having DF powers even before showing that she really has them. (Yeah, I just wasted your time. :P)

I still think though that she has a Mythical Bird Zoan like Marco. But I'd be open if she turns out to have a standard bird Zoan and a snow Paramecia, too.

I think that's an " easy " explanation considering CC talk about her following Law in another " form " or something along the lines, what CC said back then was pretty curious, if he really meant that Monet was following him then yeah, she must have something different from what you said, but if what CC said was just somehow just a metaphor, then yeah possible that she's a Mythical Bird Zoan or Paramecia, but I doubt she's a Logia

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, so far it does not seem like mone can shift between animal and human forms so she hardly seems to be a zoan type of animal. At least her usual potential hybrid form would be a tad inconvenient for day to day life so I would lean towards the form being artificial rather than DF related. Remember the lion guy from big mom's crew? So far I would think he is a beast man of sorts with a turtle DF which is meant for him to have a lion turtle theme (that is an actual mythical creature). The situation is similar, a half bird woman with a fruit so as to have a mythical animal theme. As far as I can tell she is using a snow paramecia. With a snow paramecia and a weird artificial bird body of sorts she has the theme of a mythical snow/ice bird which I think is rather common in different mythologies although I can't quite place one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I figured that Monet's ability was that of a Zoan due to her wings, but then she made that wall, so I'm stumped. Incidentally, how can there be a snow logia user when there's already someone with that kind of power?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's simple....Monet has the Articuno mythical bird fruit

On a more serious note, I like kkck's explanation. There hasn't been much of a serious explanation yet for things like Bepo, Pappug (and Pandaman???) and all kinds of weird things are supposed to exist in the New World too.

If its all from a devil fruit, I suppose it could also be something like a snowman fruit (a paramacia that can change into different forms made out of snow).

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Logia and Paramecia cannot be. There's physic body as a bird and it flight in different enviroments as volcanos or icebergs.

A name of attack that is made of snow doesn't make her a snow bird. She indeed is a Zoan, who can remodelate her parts like wings, legs or tail. Also has the liquid after her attack on the wing's edge.

It might be a bird that puke to do its nest and made it strong, and is expelled from the wings.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Hardly. Copy Copy is already given to the Chameleon character which name escapes my memory right now.

I'll go with the Snow one.
    bon clay?

why does everyone say it's snow? all i could see was a hard lump, it oculd have been mud or stone for all we know

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

ok just read the mangastream version, it translated kamakura

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast