Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Which ability does Monet have?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Species

    1 2.22%
  • Zoan

    5 11.11%
  • Mythic Zoan

    10 22.22%
  • Logia

    1 2.22%
  • Parmecia

    12 26.67%
  • Law Enhanced (Grafting)

    1 2.22%
  • DF + Law Enhanced

    15 33.33%
  • Other

    0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Thread: What type of ability does Monet have?

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    I figured that Monet's ability was that of a Zoan due to her wings, but then she made that wall, so I'm stumped. Incidentally, how can there be a snow logia user when there's already someone with that kind of power?
    Well, there would be a difference between aokiji, being made of actual ice, and a snow user paramecia, who would simply be able to make snow and ice appear. Admittedly there are perhaps too many common points though.

  2. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    well i must have to say i am not so sure we can actually say monet has mythical zoan because just the appearence of her. since the ability to create barriers has nothing to do with harpy myth. and although oda usually names DF attacks by their respective types there are some that doesnt fall to that category. like nico robin her hana-hana no mi has nothing to do with actual flowers but a characteristic of flowers of sprouting. this could be the case for monet. where her fruit gives her the ability to create barriers (or maybe even attacking options) depending on the enviroment. like snow country - a snow hut.

  3. #18
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    It's simple....Monet has the Articuno mythical bird fruit

    On a more serious note, I like kkck's explanation. There hasn't been much of a serious explanation yet for things like Bepo, Pappug (and Pandaman???) and all kinds of weird things are supposed to exist in the New World too.

    If its all from a devil fruit, I suppose it could also be something like a snowman fruit (a paramacia that can change into different forms made out of snow).
    Articuno was actually what I had in mind here. I tried to find a mythical bird which would fit but the ones linked to articuno seemed hard to pronounce and hard to put into context (and I was too lazy to read the entire wikipedia entry).

  4. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Articuno was actually what I had in mind here. I tried to find a mythical bird which would fit but the ones linked to articuno seemed hard to pronounce and hard to put into context (and I was too lazy to read the entire wikipedia entry).
    poke poke no mi?

    she can turn into the 3 legendary birds, but didn't do zapdos because she knew luffy was rubber, and didn't do moltres because she was a kind woman who knew about ace (a fire blast wouldn't have protected CC the way snow did anyway)

  5. #20
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    me to dont understand why everyone insisting that she has anything with snow, why and how snow wall could be any more special that you need to be super strong to break it..
    Sorry for my Engrish...

  6. #21
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    me to dont understand why everyone insisting that she has anything with snow, why and how snow wall could be any more special that you need to be super strong to break it..
    Because wax isn't stronger and still...

    You know, One Piece element natures are quite different than we actually think. Why Snow can't be strong if you can build Igloos with it? (?)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  7. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    i wouldn't be surprised if she was the work of vegapunk, who managed to graft kizaru's ability onto the palms of pacifistas

    chimeraism might circumvent the 1 devil fruit rule, and she could be a zoan who can emit some ice from aokiji grafts from certain parts of her body

    no justification/preference though. it could happen any way i think

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    me to dont understand why everyone insisting that she has anything with snow, why and how snow wall could be any more special that you need to be super strong to break it..
    You probably haven't had much experience with making a hole in a heap (~3 meters high) of snow... compressed snow is actually really hard.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

  9. #24
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    monet has surely law's wings,as she wasn't an harpy when law first met her. about her DF,it should be a paramecha which enables the user to create snow,imo. snow was mentioned in her attack,that's the reason of my statement.

  10. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Well, whatever ability she has, hopefully, we'll find out about it in two weeks.

  11. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Because wax isn't stronger and still...

    You know, One Piece element natures are quite different than we actually think. Why Snow can't be strong if you can build Igloos with it? (?)
    becouse igloos are built from ice i sayed that i dont understand fixation with snow because there wasnt anything to point to that direction it is far more possible that it is some form of concrete or that she simply build walls rather than snow...

    @OXellos i have mountain home where is 2 meters of snow from october till march and in the city we have 500 cm of snow.. so i know my snow :P

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    monet has surely law's wings,as she wasn't an harpy when law first met her. about her DF,it should be a paramecha which enables the user to create snow,imo. snow was mentioned in her attack,that's the reason of my statement.
    kamakura is town in japan...there wasnt any mention of snow... none
    Last edited by Zoronoa Roro; September 24, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

  12. #27
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    becouse igloos are built from ice i sayed that i dont understand fixation with snow because there wasnt anything to point to that direction it is far more possible that it is some form of concrete or that she simply build walls rather than snow...

    @OXellos i have mountain home where is 2 meters of snow from october till march and in the city we have 500 cm of snow.. so i know my snow :P
    actually igloos r made from hard snow.especially snow that is blown by extremely cold winds so they trap ice particals inside. 2.of all that snow also traps air holes inside so as to have a natural insulation. i dont know the degres u have on your hometown but there is a reason this type of building is usually used by Inuits living in
    Canada's Central Arctic and Greenland's Thule area.the temperature is about as cold as -45 °C or there abouts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    kamakura is town in japan...there wasnt any mention of snow... none
    actually the kamakura city u mentioned is on southeastish of tokyo and is a beach town. the kamakura talked in the manga probably drew inspiration from akita prefecture's kamakura festival. where snow huts are constructed similar to what monet made. also kamakura means snow hut.

    you can see the actual info and the huts on the link below.




    though that for me isnt conclusive enough to warrant to say she has snow type DF. i still keep my original idea of weather based DF that changes the attacks and defence based on the weather.

  13. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    becouse igloos are built from ice i sayed that i dont understand fixation with snow because there wasnt anything to point to that direction it is far more possible that it is some form of concrete or that she simply build walls rather than snow...

    @OXellos i have mountain home where is 2 meters of snow from october till march and in the city we have 500 cm of snow.. so i know my snow :P



    kamakura is town in japan...there wasnt any mention of snow... none
    it's actually translated in mangastream, and says snow hut

    the mangareader/panda translation left this out and left me confused about where people got the 'snow' bit from

  14. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    becouse igloos are built from ice i sayed that i dont understand fixation with snow because there wasnt anything to point to that direction it is far more possible that it is some form of concrete or that she simply build walls rather than snow...
    Actually, the same could be said about your argument really... what's the fixation with concrete type materials? I have noticed it was predicted Monet might have an ability related to snow long before this Kamakura business came up because of how Monet seemed uncomfortable and in harpy form while on the fire side of the island and was able to hide better with little to no cloths on the frozen side. Though I don't remember who's theory this was, I don't think it got much attention at the time but I distinctly remember reading it on the Discussion/Prediction thread weeks or months ago.

    I'll address your earlier post too for consistancy :

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoronoa Roro View Post
    its been shown that her wings become liquid and it would make much more sense that her power is related to concrete since concrete transits from liquid to hard aggregate state over course of time...

    Edit:
    and as my second argument i will use Aokiji becouse ice and snow are two same things
    You make a great point in favor of the concrete theory with the liquid turning into a solid. Although there are still plenty of other things that can have the same kind of properties ... wax, for example, was shown almost the same way when Mr. 3 used it and his candle wall was also similar in being liquid when used and hardening later... Mr. 3 being a paramecia. I also want to point out that wax itself isn't liquid at room temperature even though it's shown liquid when Mr. 3 produces it; so whatever Monet uses doesn't have to be something that can remain as both liquid and solid in room temperature.

    As for ice vs. snow.... they are definitely not the same thing. This is the best way I can think of to explain it: When you make a snow sculpture, you take soft snow and pack it into a solid form. When you make an ice sculpture, you carve it with a hard sharp edge. Ice can't be shown as anything but a solid because it is specifically only a solid form of matter. Snow, on the other hand, could be described as a semi-solid or granular since it's composed of flakes packed together. And of course, snow starts to melt at room temperature as well .

    Personally, I don't mind whichever way it turns out to be. But I hope this gives a better idea of why many of people think Monet's ability is snow related (even though it's just speculation).
    Last edited by Anduren; September 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM.

  15. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

    ok than... but explain to me if snow flakes are small ice crystals how is that different element from ice?
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts