Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which ability does Monet have?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Species

1 2.22%
  • Zoan

5 11.11%
  • Mythic Zoan

10 22.22%
  • Logia

1 2.22%
  • Parmecia

12 26.67%
  • Law Enhanced (Grafting)

1 2.22%
  • DF + Law Enhanced

15 33.33%
  • Other

0 0%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What type of ability does Monet have?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What type of ability does Monet have?

This tale from ancient Japan about a snow woman (source):

Quote Quote:
    'The mountain snow woman from a famous Japanese story'
    Translated by Clay

A long time ago in a cold northern country, there lived a lumberjack father and son. One winter day, while they were gatherering wood a snow storm began. They rushed back to their cabin to wait the storm out. But the storm continued and the two fell asleep by the warm fireplace. It was so cold, the son woke up. Outside the wind howled and the snow fell hard. Suddenly the door of the cabin flew away in the wind. Snow blew into the cabin and the warm fire went out.

Just then, a beautiful woman with a pure white kimono and seemingly transparent skin came into the cabin with the snow. She went to the father and breathed frosty air on him. He became white as snow and appeared as ice and breathed no more.

The son said, "It's the yuki onna!" He remembered the story of a fearsome woman who comes with the snow to take away the life of people in the night. Having just seen his father killed, the son's body started to shake. Although he wanted to run, his body couldn't move. The yuki onna moved ever closer to the son while blowing white air from her mouth. She stopped just in front of him and said, "You have received my favor. I will let you live tonight since you are so young. However you must never tell anyone of what happened tonight." And she disappeared into the night and snow. He fainted. The next morning, the boy awoke to find his father's body and wondered if he really did see the yuki onna. He never spoke to anyone about the matter though.

A year passed and the snow again began to fall. One night the young man heard a tapping on the door and he opened to see what it was. It was a woman. She said, "I'm caught in the snow. Is there anyway I could stay here tonight?" The young man was nice enough to let her stay and eat with him. She said her name was Oyuki. They talked and talked. As time passed by they grew to like each other and were married. A few years later they had a child.

In the north country another harsh winter came. One of those winter nights the young man looked at the side of Oyuki's face while she was sewing and said, "You know, you remind me of a woman I saw a long time ago. You look just like her." She immediately stopped her sewing and asked, "Where did you see this woman?" He answered, "Just before my 20th birthday there was a snow storm and she came to this cabin. It was the yuki onna!" Oyuki sadly said, "The yuki onna must have told you sternly not to speak of this. Why do you say this?" He replied, "How do you know this, Oyuki?" She slowly stood up and her kimono and face became freezing white. "It was you... It was you..." "That is right. Why did you say that? Now I cannot live with you." He said, "Forgive me, Oyuki!" But she only said, "I will never forget you. Somehow take care of our child. Fare well!" Just then the door flew open and Oyuki disappeared in the snow. The young man searched for her, but couldn't find a trace. (My emphasis)
    The two emphazised lines relates another two elements of PH's arc:

"He became white as snow and appeared as ice and breathed no more." --> Could be Monet the person who frozen all those corpses in that creapy room?

"You have received my favor. I will let you live tonight since you are so young.", and the rest of the story about a marriage between a ghost and a human --> Yuki Onna seems to be a ghost that falls in love easily. Any association with Monet flirting with Law?
    Last edited by ukimix; October 01, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

law holding her heart makes beter assotiation imo...
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well i dont know if it wil pan out or not but i did found out a mythical bird of ice. it is called anka (or zumrud-u anka) and based on phoenix but of arabian origin.on persian mythology it is called simurg but i could not verify ice part on that regard. apperently articuno of pokemon ( as it was a very popular theory) based on this bird. all the pictures depicting it is more or less like phoenix but blueish. but it seems more bird like than phoenix as we know it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I thinks monet have a DF like a Tori Tori no Mi model SnowBird

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

She's a sky islander whose wings are actually useful for something.. also appears to have an even better poker face than Nico Robin when she first turned up.
    Definitely one of the most interesting characters this arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i'm seeing one pair in white and another in green of wings.

What're you Monet?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys isn't already clear that Monet possess a Yuki Yuki no Mi?
    I mean, the wings and the legs that she actually possess, have been given to her by Law when he arrived at PH.
    After all the same happened to Brownbeard and his men.
    So my guess is that she has been enhanced by Law and possess the fruit that I have already said.
    Last edited by Zasz; October 05, 2012 at 04:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Zasz: That definitely isn't clear. The only thing that's clear is that her ability is related to snow or cold, from what she showed and said. We, however, don't know for certain if it's DF related (and if so, which DF), and what the harpy traits originate from. Even if there isn't much trolling in OP compared to certain other mangas, we can't be sure about anything.
    The poll has all pretty much reasonable choices, which is the reason why I didn't vote and actually, if it was a Mythical Zoan of a snow harpy (provided it has certain specific traits), we couldn't tell the difference.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So there are people who says she is a harpy lady (no yugioh pun intended) who ate a snow type paramecia/logia fruit or a chick who ate a mythical zoan bird harpy fruit or even a icy ghost woman fruit of some sorts as stated here

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    This tale from ancient Japan about a snow woman (source):

The two emphazised lines relates another two elements of PH's arc:

"He became white as snow and appeared as ice and breathed no more." --> Could be Monet the person who frozen all those corpses in that creapy room?

"You have received my favor. I will let you live tonight since you are so young.", and the rest of the story about a marriage between a ghost and a human --> Yuki Onna seems to be a ghost that falls in love easily. Any association with Monet flirting with Law?
    Now these are all great thoughts but I have an idea that ties it all together.She is a regular girl who ate a articuno-articuno-like no mi. Now it all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, so far it does not seem like mone can shift between animal and human forms so she hardly seems to be a zoan type of animal. At least her usual potential hybrid form would be a tad inconvenient for day to day life so I would lean towards the form being artificial rather than DF related. Remember the lion guy from big mom's crew? So far I would think he is a beast man of sorts with a turtle DF which is meant for him to have a lion turtle theme (that is an actual mythical creature). The situation is similar, a half bird woman with a fruit so as to have a mythical animal theme. As far as I can tell she is using a snow paramecia. With a snow paramecia and a weird artificial bird body of sorts she has the theme of a mythical snow/ice bird which I think is rather common in different mythologies although I can't quite place one.
    Think about it, this mythical bird can freeze things and fly. Who knew Oda was such a big fan of pokeman? And we all know that pokeman is modelled after myths, real life creatures, and objects. I call it a Articuno-Articuno-like fruit but if anyone can find a mythical snow bird I don't mind substituting the name.
    Last edited by TitaniumOxide; October 07, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we can finally put this discussion to rest. Who would've thought it would be a snow Logia of all abilities? I guess the harpy look was Law's handiwork. Don't know why though, Monet seemed to be healthy as a human in the flashback.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    As was said, pointless to discuss anymore. Thread closed until someone else has an enlightening moment.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4