Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    and we saw Van Augur fighting big time. don't give such weird answer. if we are assuming between two characters, then it is safe and logical to assume Big Mom as stronger. she didn't become Yonko for nothing. we knew power level of two Yonko, that's the basis to assume for the other two.
    it's not that we saw much of him, but we saw his ability. also as seen in shichibukai, some weird seductive power could be a abse for a yonko as well. if her power doesn't work in the range of his weapon, what then? again, One Piece is not about who is the "strongest". as I tried to show above, a sniper has quite diffrent means than strength, is that what was weird to you?

as for Caterina Devon, we never saw her fighting, good. so that's why we would assume her to be the looser? then why loads of characters without much info appeared in this tournament?
    I think you're deliberately confusing something there. most of those are not my arguments, but what people wrote in the threads, just like I remarked exactly in this case. You might not have assumed her as looser, others did.
    As for why these characters appear here, that's because they are considered fighters, still, if people don't want them in the tourney, they won't get there.

if you wanted to know popularity, then you should have said so. i would have voted for Robin too.
    it's a fighting tournament, but we can hardly oblige anyone to vote that way - how would we control that anyway? that aside, naturally popularity does play a role in a tournament. ever seen a team going into gear 2 when the crowd cheered them on?
    there are endless ways of arguing here, my favorite though is this is a "group fight" black beard would crush Kidd, take his DF and go to the next round with Robin - so what if someone wants to see it that way? Just the same with Tashigi.

you can stretch the tournament as far as you can; it will come straight down to them.
    and exactly that is NOT the case. with crocodile and luffy or enel we saw just what's up in terms of DF and abilities. if any of those shichibukai or yonkou meet a character that has a bypassing ability they're out. period.

and your writing is very confusing. one time you say "if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals" and when we do assume for a character, you say "might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in"
    so what exactly is confusing you? as I said, with many of the reasons for the outcomes I wrote before I reflected what people wrote in the threads, just as the second sentence you were quoting.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lazy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Why rage about the organization of the contest ?
    If there is one thing We should be sad about, it's about how people voted on some round.... but hey ! It's "democracy" and that's the game :-) The people have Spoken !!

I find it funnier to have a lot of contender instead of the top 20 of the One piece food chain, it allow some surprise and fierce debate about fight outcome
    It may be flawed, still it's intended to be a fun election

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that is what happens when discussion is low. For me Kid, Big Mom and Sengoku are surprises. I mean come on? Sengoku hold off Blackbeard who was WITH TWO DEVIL FRUITS, Oda sometimes is pretty clear on what is going on. We have not seen what Big Mom can do, but becoming a yonko is no easy task. And Kid? well, I am a Robin fan but this is TOURNAMENT. :/

That being said, there is nothing that can be done, I have serious concerns that if Robin fights Blackbeard in the tournament now she will win. Hopefully a great debate will not let that happen.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lazy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

When will the next round begins guys ? (no, i'm not putting pressure on you ! )

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Robin exceeded my expectations.

Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

old discussion threads are closed, sorry guys.

but you know what that means, right?

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

The first threads of the first round are up! Enjoy! Post and discuss and at the end of the day VOTE! May the best one win!

---------- Post added October 17, 2012 at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was October 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM ----------

The new fights are up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Well, that is what happens when discussion is low. For me Kid, Big Mom and Sengoku are surprises. I mean come on? Sengoku hold off Blackbeard who was WITH TWO DEVIL FRUITS, Oda sometimes is pretty clear on what is going on. We have not seen what Big Mom can do, but becoming a yonko is no easy task. And Kid? well, I am a Robin fan but this is TOURNAMENT. :/

That being said, there is nothing that can be done, I have serious concerns that if Robin fights Blackbeard in the tournament now she will win. Hopefully a great debate will not let that happen.
    Well said, well said.

I can't fathom how Sengoku could lose, he and Garp always used to fight Roger and Whitebeard to a draw.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Next batch is up, no surprises please, but let the vote be LOGICAL!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what might be kinda interesting to add? Something like a loser's poll where we vote for the "Best Among The Losers."

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my so many travesties for the life of me I can't figure out why Bellamy is so loved! Him getting one-shotted by Luffy raised his status tremendously high (for some reason) but he's a rubbish pirate, rubbish I tell you!

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    You know what might be kinda interesting to add? Something like a loser's poll where we vote for the "Best Among The Losers."
    Interesting idea, though what do you mean all the losers that were already eliminated, or starting with round 1?

Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Interesting idea, though what do you mean all the losers that were already eliminated, or starting with round 1?
    Oh, thanks! Maybe something like this:

Vote for the "Strongest Loser" among all the people who got eliminated first (when people were in groups of 4).

Then do the same for the "Strongest Loser" among all the people who got eliminated second (when people were in groups of 3).

But what might be the most fun discussion would be a "Weakest Of All" vote!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe Franky lost. I don't see why people think X Drake is stronger than him.

Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my, poor Kizaru had such a short stay in the tourney

Thread Closed
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast