Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 174

Thread: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

  1. #76
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    I am not playing any more. The rule keep changing, I vote for the ones that going to lose. So yeah. I am done.
    I am too! it's useless this,as everyone will vote just for the strongest one,the other 2 characters will be defeated together? c'mon guys...

  2. #77
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Hmmm all i see are just critiques . Is the world coming to an end or what ?

    Next time just read the question before voting , is it that hard ?

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #78
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Hmmm all i see are just critiques . Is the world coming to an end or what ?

    Next time just read the question before voting , is it that hard ?
    Well, we did read it. It says, "Which two will advance?" And you can only choose one.

    Logically, the only way to answer this question is to choose the loser, like in the previous round. There is no other way to pick two (that's what the question asks). If you wanted people to choose only one of two people to advance, then you should have made that the question. Like say, "Two will advance, choose one of them." Or just use selection boxes for the poll, so people can actually choose 2.

    The feedback you are getting is that the voting system is confusing (and it is). Regardless of whether you think so or not, if you want to make the Tournament a success then this is an important issue. If you want people to focus on the character battles, then you need to make the voting system clear and consistent.

    There's no reason the voting system should be this hard.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #79
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Thank you for taking your time writing all this, Cyrs.

    While I can't agree with the assumption that the way the question was asked, implies chosing the loser, the changes are admittedly confusing.
    The question is formulated positively, so "logically" imo, you would vote positively. Had we asked in singular "Who will advance", there would have been not a problem I take it, other than people feeling betrayed because the second placed will do so as well. So the 2 options 1 vote is the real problem?

    Why was the voting changed from negative to positive in the first place? Because many people back then already complained they had voted wrong and didn't read the polls question beforehand. Now the same thing happend again in the other direction. The interesting part is this: only a few people actually ask about it here and elsewhere, others don't read it and vote. Not all of them vote wrong, so some must have understood it. (Let me tell you, from what I can see, actually the majority got it correct so far. Or rather, according to the "general opinion" or "powerlevel" :P)

    In any case, giving one vote for two options was done on purpose, so giving multiple choices was out of question. The outcome was quite diffrent than expected though.
    Whatever it's worth, these are "just" preliminaries and the real tournament will be way more confusing easier to understand.

    ---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

    There is now a possibility to unvote your decision and redo it. It is located at the top right of the voting box, I hope it helps.

  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #80
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Well, we did read it. It says, "Which two will advance?" And you can only choose one.

    Logically, the only way to answer this question is to choose the loser, like in the previous round. There is no other way to pick two (that's what the question asks). If you wanted people to choose only one of two people to advance, then you should have made that the question. Like say, "Two will advance, choose one of them." Or just use selection boxes for the poll, so people can actually choose 2.

    The feedback you are getting is that the voting system is confusing (and it is). Regardless of whether you think so or not, if you want to make the Tournament a success then this is an important issue. If you want people to focus on the character battles, then you need to make the voting system clear and consistent.

    There's no reason the voting system should be this hard.
    Well everyone may have a different favorite right . We'll just choose the 2 with the most votes , that's all there is to it

    And i'm sorry 'cause there were many people who found difficulties in this round . We just tried to adapt at the people needs . Seems it didn't worked quite how we expected . Next round will be better Thank You *bow*

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #81
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Well, we did read it. It says, "Which two will advance?" And you can only choose one.
    At least the options for the question are not "Yes" or "Not".

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    So the 2 options 1 vote is the real problem?
    Yeah, it's lame. For example, say if one of the pools was beetween these characters: Whitebeard, Vista and Usopp.

    Logically the fans who knows the series would all go with Whitebeard. Vista and Usopp would get a draw. Or in the worst scenario, someone who has just read just the beggining manga voted for Usopp because he has no idea who Whitebeard and Vista are, and for that reason Usopp got the second place.
    Last edited by Fox666; October 09, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  11. #82
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Alright, I know I'll sound like a bootlicker, but I'll say it anyway.

    This hasn't been handled perfectly, but creating a tournament like that is still hard work.
    So, I think that we should still be thankful for them (at the very least respectful).

    It's okay to criticize and give your opinion, but every single post right now is a post about this tournament being a mess...


    On a side note, you guys should really put Kizaru somewhere in this tournament.
    There's really no reason for him to be excluded when people like Lola were included.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  12. #83
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    only ~24 hours left to vote, go go go

  13. #84
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Thanks for the responses and updates. Now everyone can argue about who beats who, rather than argue about the voting, heheh.

    I wonder if any of the Strawhats will fall in this round. (Poor Zoro, but it had to be done.)

  14. #85
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,148
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    only ~24 hours left to vote, go go go
    sorry I gave up . and there are users who are making an underground tournament,whose results are sent to MP. I didn't participate to that either,though.

  15. #86
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    France
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Nice, it's the end of the preliminary round !
    Serious fights will take place, I can't wait to see what will happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    sorry I gave up . and there are users who are making an underground tournament,whose results are sent to MP. I didn't participate to that either,though.
    You sure doesn't feel like a fun guy, rating on the underground tournament is pretty low (I'm participating and I find the idea pretty fun ) and not taking part on the official one because you didn't understood the voting system (and didn't take the time to ask question before voting...) is sad ... this tournament should be all about enjoying one piece, not complaining

    Beware mattiaildivino, Joker's coming for you
    Last edited by Lazy; October 11, 2012 at 04:41 PM.

  16. #87
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    i don't see how it is a good idea. we will have to vote for one, but two will be selected. because fair votes will go mostly for one character, there is a big chance that popularity will determine the next one to qualify, not strength.
    what i was thinking absolutely came true. my thought on the result:

    Group 2 : Smoker loosing against Urouge? no way. bad outcome.
    Group 9 : Tashigi winning against Hyouzou? i don't think so. Tashigi never did anything impressive, yet got through the voting.
    Group 14: Catarina Devon, regarded as most dangerous female pirate and also one of the chosen by Blackbeard being eliminated against Perona.
    Group 26: Yeah right. Eustass Kid is eliminated against Nico Robin. what a joke.
    Group 28: The biggest problem so far. Big Mom being eliminated against Van Augur.
    Group 32: Close one. but i think Sengoku can defeat both Aokiji and Reyleigh.

    there are few other problem group with minor characters. but i will be skipping those.
    Last edited by darkprince0521; October 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #88
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    what i was thinking absolutely came true. my thought on the result:

    Group 2 : Smoker loosing against Urouge? no way. bad outcome.
    Group 9 : Tashigi winning against Hyouzou? i don't think so. Tashigi never did anything impressive, yet got through the voting.
    Group 14: Catarina Devon, regarded as most dangerous female pirate and also one of the chosen by Blackbeard being eliminated against Perona.
    Group 26: Yeah right. Eustass Kid is eliminated against Nico Robin. what a joke.
    Group 28: The biggest problem so far. Big Mom being eliminated against Van Augur.
    Group 32: Close one. but i think Sengoku can defeat both Aokiji and Reyleigh.

    there are few other problem group with minor characters. but i will be skipping those.
    I totally agree about groups 2, 9, 26 and 28.
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

    http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games


  19. #89
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,579
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Tashigi: even if she couldn't 'win' coming in second is possible. Whether people hate Hyouzou/the fish/mermen so much or like Tashigi, see it as the group fight it was or whatever.
    Caterina Devon: might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in, she gets the boot
    Eustass Kid: fell prey to the love for Robin-chwaaaan
    Big Mom: similar to Caterina Devon, additionally we don't know her ability and it might be a sniper battle as well as close combat
    Aokiji: see Robin. also many people voting because they think he can actually win.

    see it as proof of what you thought or whatever, One Piece isn't a manga with a rigid power system and if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals sweet 16

  20. #90
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    754
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece General Discussion Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    Tashigi: even if she couldn't 'win' coming in second is possible. Whether people hate Hyouzou/the fish/mermen so much or like Tashigi, see it as the group fight it was or whatever.
    yes. whatever would be the best answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    Caterina Devon: might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in, she gets the boot

    Big Mom: similar to Caterina Devon, additionally we don't know her ability and it might be a sniper battle as well as close combat
    and we saw Van Augur fighting big time. don't give such weird answer. if we are assuming between two characters, then it is safe and logical to assume Big Mom as stronger. she didn't become Yonko for nothing. we knew power level of two Yonko, that's the basis to assume for the other two.

    as for Caterina Devon, we never saw her fighting, good. so that's why we would assume her to be the looser? then why loads of characters without much info appeared in this tournament?

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    Eustass Kid: fell prey to the love for Robin-chwaaaan
    if you wanted to know popularity, then you should have said so. i would have voted for Robin too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    Aokiji: see Robin. also many people voting because they think he can actually win.
    i have nothing much to say in this regard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akainu View Post
    see it as proof of what you thought or whatever, One Piece isn't a manga with a rigid power system and if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals sweet 16
    you can stretch the tournament as far as you can; it will come straight down to them. and your writing is very confusing. one time you say "if a tourney with the subjectively strongest characters is wanted we could just as well skip to yonko/shichibukai/admirals" and when we do assume for a character, you say "might be level 6, but was never really seen fighting. that's how I saw some argue in the respective thread and if people don't know her and don't want her in"

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts