Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

  1. #151
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Since I assume the OP/ED is changing at episode 53, next week is probably when we'll find out what's going on with that.

  2. #152
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Yes but Baldy's presence was utterly bizarre and somewhat pointless. The guy just materialized out of nowhere. I just saw it as something "fun", not really anything to take seriously.
    If Baldy didn't show up than Gon would have never heard about the scamming system of auctions...So it had a point...That was the WHOLE reason behind even having a part in the episode.....Saying it was fun and wasn't serious doesn't point out anything...

    Dam even though the episode didn't follow the manga people are butthurt over the scenes...If it was badly excuted or made bad changes.......than you can think that....But the episode brought it's point across plain and simple.

    ---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    No, I meant... What was Baldy's point? I know that this information was crucial for Gon&co, but why would Baldy just start arguing? In the anime it doesn't make sense, because as I said, he couldn't prove that the pot has no treasures inside. He could only make them doubt it, but what for? Even if he was assuming the possibility, it could always be checked by opening the pot.

    And yeah, I think it's about the time we should get news about the new OP/ED. I mean, the season ends in two episodes! And even if they decided to make it longer than the first one (not counting recaps) it still couldn't have more than 4 eps left.
    So he could tell the kids that this guy who just came in is lying.......Which leads to their exchange......which leads to Gon wanting them to finish what they were saying........So it doesn't matter why Baldy stepped in......They argued over something that sparked Gon's curiosity....

    Bringing up little minuscule things as baldy came out of nowhere means nothing because Gon liked what he was saying period....

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #153
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    He didn't sound like he was exposing Zepile's lies.

    Zepile:
    -Hey, he is lying! He is actually after the treasure inside!
    Baldy:
    -Can you prove it? Even if there has been a treasure, now it could be gone... You're the liar here!


    Now the most people would think, what would be Zepile's point in trying to deceive them, and they'd figure that he'd have nothing in it for him. Even though he was dealing with kids, Baldy shouldn't be underestimating them. And he should also foresee that they might just answer like:

    -So what's the big deal? Let's just open it and check. Then we'll just decide if we'll sell it or not.

    Baldy didn't have a point at all. His words couldn't make Gon sell the statue to the shop and he sounded like he never had such an aim (well in the manga he really didn't). You're saying that it doesn't matter and the whole point was to transmit the information to Gon. Well maybe, but he could aswell find it lying on the ground or just have Zepile randomly start explaining the tricks. Sorry, but I not only want to hints make a bigger picture, I want those hints to come out reasonably, for scenes and characters to make sense. And not only they didn't, it was a change from a perfectly reasonable scene. I just can't enjoy this particular change.

    ---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

    P.S. I think what was the most fishy about it is that Baldy sounded like he was in attacking position, with nothing to lose for him, while he was actually defending himself and his shop. Well, in the manga he definitely was an attacker, that's why it is that way here.
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; September 27, 2012 at 03:21 PM.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #154
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    About Baldy...

    In the manga AFTER Gon and Killua agree to work with Zepile they take the wooden vault to an Auction Preview.
    There Baldy questions the authenticity of the vault, the jewels and Zepile's credibility using every kind of trick.
    The reason WHY Baldy does this is because he wants to devalue the items so they sell for cheaper and then it's an easy buy.

    In the Madhouse version from what I can remember Gon and Killua are selling a wooden vault they found in Killua's family's attic or something (I forget...I actually need to watch the episode again) Note this is BEFORE either one has met Zepile. Shopkeeper tries to "analyze" the wooden vault when in reality he wants to
    steal the jewels inside. Zepile comes in to save the day. "There's DIAMONDS INSIDE THEM MONEY BAGS!" (not verbatim obviously) Baldy appears and argues
    that one or another the item is not authentic. BUT WHY? It's already been established shopkeeper is at the very least questionable so even if Gon and Killua
    thought Zepile was lying what was Baldy hoping they do? Sell it for cheap and not even check to see if there were DIAMONDS inside? That's a bit much.

    Was the point to spark Gon's curiosity? Yes. That was the point of the scene.

    But what was BALDY'S point. What was the MOTIVATION of that character?

    In the manga Baldy's motivation was getting an steal by devaluing the items. When someone auctions an item there is a sense of urgency.
    Seller and buyers get ripped off all the time because they either want to sell it or buy it as soon as possible and the item is misvalued.

    Gon and Killua are just selling (actually they were really getting an appraisal at the shop.)

    It's fine if you like the scene but you shouldn't call people butthurt because they have problems with it.

  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #155
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    He didn't sound like he was exposing Zepile's lies.

    Zepile:
    -Hey, he is lying! He is actually after the treasure inside!
    Baldy:
    -Can you prove it? Even if there has been a treasure, now it could be gone... You're the liar here!


    Now the most people would think, what would be Zepile's point in trying to deceive them, and they'd figure that he'd have nothing in it for him. Even though he was dealing with kids, Baldy shouldn't be underestimating them. And he should also foresee that they might just answer like:

    -So what's the big deal? Let's just open it and check. Then we'll just decide if we'll sell it or not.

    Baldy didn't have a point at all. His words couldn't make Gon sell the statue to the shop and he sounded like he never had such an aim (well in the manga he really didn't). You're saying that it doesn't matter and the whole point was to transmit the information to Gon. Well maybe, but he could aswell find it lying on the ground or just have Zepile randomly start explaining the tricks. Sorry, but I not only want to hints make a bigger picture, I want those hints to come out reasonably, for scenes and characters to make sense. And not only they didn't, it was a change from a perfectly reasonable scene. I just can't enjoy this particular change.
    Doesn't matter.. Gon LIKED the conversation...Baldy was pointing out things that were envolved with the statue...Their argument was interesting.....Gon liked it......The end of the episode shows that.......So It's a minuscule subject. Gon Liked it and thats it...What was the reason for Zepile to even appraise Gon?

    Zepile was interested in the Kids because he was CURIOUS about them. Didn't you see the questions he was asking? He asked them why they bought all that crap....The episode may come out of place but the same points were made.
    ---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    About Baldy...

    In the manga AFTER Gon and Killua agree to work with Zepile they take the wooden vault to an Auction Preview.
    There Baldy questions the authenticity of the vault, the jewels and Zepile's credibility using every kind of trick.
    The reason WHY Baldy does this is because he wants to devalue the items so they sell for cheaper and then it's an easy buy.

    In the Madhouse version from what I can remember Gon and Killua are selling a wooden vault they found in Killua's family's attic or something (I forget...I actually need to watch the episode again) Note this is BEFORE either one has met Zepile. Shopkeeper tries to "analyze" the wooden vault when in reality he wants to
    steal the jewels inside. Zepile comes in to save the day. "There's DIAMONDS INSIDE THEM MONEY BAGS!" (not verbatim obviously) Baldy appears and argues
    that one or another the item is not authentic. BUT WHY? It's already been established shopkeeper is at the very least questionable so even if Gon and Killua
    thought Zepile was lying what was Baldy hoping they do? Sell it for cheap and not even check to see if there were DIAMONDS inside? That's a bit much.

    Was the point to spark Gon's curiosity? Yes. That was the point of the scene.

    But what was BALDY'S point. What was the MOTIVATION of that character?

    In the manga Baldy's motivation was getting an steal by devaluing the items. When someone auctions an item there is a sense of urgency.
    Seller and buyers get ripped off all the time because they either want to sell it or buy it as soon as possible and the item is misvalued.

    Gon and Killua are just selling (actually they were really getting an appraisal at the shop.)

    It's fine if you like the scene but you shouldn't call people butthurt because they have problems with it.
    Well you guys keep talking about the Baldy scene....= butthurt......It's thurday now....What i'm saying is didn't matter what position Baldy was in....Attacker, Defender, Gon was still going to listen to the whole thing. Thats the whole point of his Innocent curiosity.....Right or wrong, left or right...Gons gonna listen.
    Last edited by Noonealive; September 27, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #156
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    Doesn't matter.. Gon LIKED the conversation...Baldy was pointing out things that were envolved with the statue...Their argument was interesting.....Gon liked it......The end of the episode shows that.......So It's a minuscule subject. Gon Liked it and thats it...

    ---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------



    Well you guys keep talking about the Baldy scene....= butthurt......It's thurday now....What i'm saying is didn't matter what position Baldy was in....Attacker, Defender, Gon was still going to listen to the whole thing. Thats the whole point of his Innocent curiosity.....Right or wrong, left or right...Gons gonna listen.
    We keep talking about it because you keep avoiding the question. Fine, we're butthurt. I don't care. I still want to know what was Baldy's aim was
    Why would Baldy try and make Gon and Killua doubt there was treasure inside if all they had to do was check it (which they did IMMEDIATELY after).

    If you don't know just say you don't know. You can call us butthurt all day long but that's not going to stop us from criticizing and questioning the episode.

    I think Zonik and I have a very legitimate question. We aren't complaining about something completely aesthestic--like how pretty the background was.
    We are trying to figure out first WHAT Baldy's character motivation in the Madhouse version was and whether or not it makes sense.

    Even if this WASN'T an adaptation we would still have to ask (even MORE so than) because it's not making any sense to us.

    So if ANYONE can explain what Baldy's motivation in the episode was I would greatly appreciate it.

  11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #157
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    We keep talking about it because you keep avoiding the question. Fine, we're butthurt. I don't care. I still want to know what was Baldy's aim was
    Why would Baldy try and make Gon and Killua doubt there was treasure inside if all they had to do was check it (which they did IMMEDIATELY after).

    If you don't know just say you don't know. You can call us butthurt all day long but that's not going to stop us from criticizing and questioning the episode.

    I think Zonik and I have a very legitimate question. We aren't complaining about something completely aesthestic--like how pretty the background was.
    We are trying to figure out first WHAT Baldy's character motivation in the Madhouse version was and whether or not it makes sense.

    Even if this WASN'T an adaptation we would still have to ask (even MORE so than) because it's not making any sense to us.

    So if ANYONE can explain what Baldy's motivation in the episode was I would greatly appreciate it.
    ..Zepile came out of nowhere saying things........Baldy testing Zepile and his knowledge...How do you think it ended?......Of course Gon could have stopped the conversation but he chose to listen instead...Which still points out the Gon's innocence....Baldy needs motivation? He's a scammer...what other motivation does he need? What is making sense of this gonna prove when at the end of the episode Gon liked what they were talking about...is this some sort of plot hole that needs focus?

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #158
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    We keep talking about different things...
    Fine, I understand that Gon liked their dialogue. But that wasn't Baldy's point, it was this scene's point! I totally agree with mrsticky. My question is what was Baldy's aim.
    Baldy testing Zepile? Why did he even need to do that?

  15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #159
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    ..Zepile came out of nowhere saying things........Baldy testing Zepile and his knowledge...How do you think it ended?......Of course Gon could have stopped the conversation but he chose to listen instead...Which still points out the Gon's innocence....Baldy needs motivation? He's a scammer...what other motivation does he need? What is making sense of this gonna prove when at the end of the episode Gon liked what they were talking about...is this some sort of plot hole that needs focus?

    True Zepile did come out of nowhere but what let's pretend Zepile WAS lying. Why would he lie? So he can sound smart? Maybe but it doesn't serve
    much of purpose. It's not like in the case there WASN'T treasure that Zepile would profit at all from the situation. So it's FAR more likely that
    Zepile is either telling the truth or is he mistaken. But again all they had to do was open it up and check inside.

    Even if opening it would devalue the item (though there wasn't much concern about that in the episode it seems) Gon and Killua could
    always just say that they don't want to sell the item to the shopkeeper (as Zepile has has shown him to be questionable.) and NOT
    open it up an try ANOTHER shop. Remember they aren't there to sell the item but to get a quote.

    So there's really not much reason to distrust Zepile while there's just about every reason to distrust the shopkeeper.

    Yes Baldy was testing to Zepile's knowledge BUT TO WHAT END? What was Baldy trying to achieve? If Baldy is a scammer as you say then
    his goal should be to SCAM. He should be trying to gain something from the victims (Gon and Killua) through deceptive means. But what?
    The statue? Even if Baldy thought Gon and Killua were stupid enough to believe him and sell the statue to the questionable shopkeeper
    why would WE as an audience think Gon and Killua are that stupid when we already seen they're quite clever for kids? That's insulting!

    You keep bringing up Gon and how he's innocent and curious. We get that. But that's besides the point.
    This ISN'T about what Gon's characterization is but what Baldy's motivation was in trying to scam them.

    Being a scammer isn't a motivation. That's who or what Baldy IS. That's like asking Togashi "What's your motivation for writing Hunter x Hunter"
    and Togashi answers "I'm a writer!"...That doesn't really explain anything. Now if Togashi said "I ENJOY writing." or "I feel OBLIGATED to write"
    that WOULD explain Togashi's MOTIVATION. The same logic applies to Baldy. Baldy is a scammer so he's trying to swindle Gon and Killua
    out of the statue but why would arguing against Zepile's legitimacy have really any effect on that? Either there's something Zonik and I
    are missing or Baldy is the worst scammer of all time (ok there's actually been worse. At least baldy knows when to quit.)

    Why talk about it? Two reasons

    1. If Zonik and I are wrong or mistaken and Baldy DOES have a legitimate motivation and m.o for questioning Zepile's claims then
    I at the very least would like to know exactly HOW we are mistaken. Put simply we want the question answered.

    2. If it is a plot hole we should acknowledge it just as we would acknowledge plot holes from the 99 series or even the manga. Lest we be hypocrites

    3. Ok I lied there were two reasons. Sue me. The third reason---for the hell of it.

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #160
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    We keep talking about different things...
    Fine, I understand that Gon liked their dialogue. But that wasn't Baldy's point, it was this scene's point! I totally agree with mrsticky. My question is what was Baldy's aim.
    Baldy testing Zepile? Why did he even need to do that?
    He's a scammer.

  19. #161
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    He's a scammer.
    see my reply above. Being a scammer isn't a motivation that's who or what Baldy is.

    Seriously I just may have to end up answering my own darn question since either you don't know the answer or you DO know the answer but won't tell. Or you just don't get the question being asked.

  20. #162
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    True Zepile did come out of nowhere but what let's pretend Zepile WAS lying. Why would he lie? So he can sound smart? Maybe but it doesn't serve
    much of purpose. It's not like in the case there WASN'T treasure that Zepile would profit at all from the situation. So it's FAR more likely that
    Zepile is either telling the truth or is he mistaken. But again all they had to do was open it up and check inside.

    Even if opening it would devalue the item (though there wasn't much concern about that in the episode it seems) Gon and Killua could
    always just say that they don't want to sell the item to the shopkeeper (as Zepile has has shown him to be questionable.) and NOT
    open it up an try ANOTHER shop. Remember they aren't there to sell the item but to get a quote.

    So there's really not much reason to distrust Zepile while there's just about every reason to distrust the shopkeeper.

    Yes Baldy was testing to Zepile's knowledge BUT TO WHAT END? What was Baldy trying to achieve? If Baldy is a scammer as you say then
    his goal should be to SCAM. He should be trying to gain something from the victims (Gon and Killua) through deceptive means. But what?
    The statue? Even if Baldy thought Gon and Killua were stupid enough to believe him and sell the statue to the questionable shopkeeper
    why would WE as an audience think Gon and Killua are that stupid when we already seen they're quite clever for kids? That's insulting!

    You keep bringing up Gon and how he's innocent and curious. We get that. But that's besides the point.
    This ISN'T about what Gon's characterization is but what Baldy's motivation was in trying to scam them.

    Being a scammer isn't a motivation. That's who or what Baldy IS. That's like asking Togashi "What's your motivation for writing Hunter x Hunter"
    and Togashi answers "I'm a writer!"...That doesn't really explain anything. Now if Togashi said "I ENJOY writing." or "I feel OBLIGATED to write"
    that WOULD explain Togashi's MOTIVATION. The same logic applies to Baldy. Baldy is a scammer so he's trying to swindle Gon and Killua
    out of the statue but why would arguing against Zepile's legitimacy have really any effect on that? Either there's something Zonik and I
    are missing or Baldy is the worst scammer of all time (ok there's actually been worse. At least baldy knows when to quit.)

    Why talk about it? Two reasons

    1. If Zonik and I are wrong or mistaken and Baldy DOES have a legitimate motivation and m.o for questioning Zepile's claims then
    I at the very least would like to know exactly HOW we are mistaken. Put simply we want the question answered.

    2. If it is a plot hole we should acknowledge it just as we would acknowledge plot holes from the 99 series or even the manga. Lest we be hypocrites

    3. Ok I lied there were two reasons. Sue me. The third reason---for the hell of it.
    Zepile came in and said The guy is trying to scam you for the statue..He brings up points....The guy is sweating because he knows its genuine.....Than baldy comes out and says what makes it genuine......Baldy was pointing out things and basically asking questions...Zepile happens to counter most of what he said....During that time you could see Gon even asking Baldy of what he was talking about........During Zepile's appraisal of Gon he even metions the baldy incident...Zepile even stated that baldy was trying to give him a hard time...Gon didn't give two fucks about it...

    I wasn't even serious and i wasn't implying it was a plothole...You guys are bringing it up like it is....and it's not.....He had the same purpose as the manga...so it's not a plot hole.
    Last edited by Noonealive; September 27, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

  21. #163
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    see my reply above. Being a scammer isn't a motivation that's who or what Baldy is.

    Seriously I just may have to end up answering my own darn question since either you don't know the answer or you DO know the answer but won't tell. Or you just don't get the question being asked.
    Oh Sticky what have you started lol, all this Baldy discussion really? Classic Sticky.

    Anyways I'll throw my hat in here. The Baldy scene was fine to me, it made sense and did not at all seem random to me. The anime presents Baldy as the store owner, with the man at the counter being simply his employee. Baldy's arguement with Zepile is his way of challenging him and his appraising to get him to slip up in order to bring Gon and Killua onto their side by defending his store and trying to discredit Zepile. Baldy knows the real value of the box, he is trying to scam Gon and Killua still, but Zepile is too good of an appraiser with too much knowledge in scamming, when he sees the extent of Zepile's will, he admits defeat. It was a great scene that highlighted Zepile's abiltiies and his uses to Gon and Killua. I don't see how it didn't make sense, it was really straight forward and honestly I feel that your knoweldge of his character in the manga really just got in the way of you enjoying the episode.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  22. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  23. #164
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    see my reply above. Being a scammer isn't a motivation that's who or what Baldy is.

    Seriously I just may have to end up answering my own darn question since either you don't know the answer or you DO know the answer but won't tell. Or you just don't get the question being asked.
    Have you played mmos? Have you seen what scammers do? They try to make you look stupid....so they could sway peoples opinons......Baldy had the same purpose....Scammers only want what the want...doesn't matter how they do it...Baldy's motivation is not even relvant to any sort of thing your trying to point out. Baldy's a scammer....Scammers motivation is to make money...plain and simple...not that hard to understand.
    Last edited by Noonealive; September 27, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

  24. #165
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Oh Sticky what have you started lol, all this Baldy discussion really? Classic Sticky.

    Anyways I'll throw my hat in here. The Baldy scene was fine to me, it made sense and did not at all seem random to me. The anime presents Baldy as the store owner, with the man at the counter being simply his employee. Baldy's arguement with Zepile is his way of challenging him and his appraising to get him to slip up in order to bring Gon and Killua onto their side by defending his store and trying to discredit Zepile. Baldy knows the real value of the box, he is trying to scam Gon and Killua still, but Zepile is too good of an appraiser with too much knowledge in scamming, when he sees the extent of Zepile's will, he admits defeat. It was a great scene that highlighted Zepile's abiltiies and his uses to Gon and Killua. I don't see how it didn't make sense, it was really straight forward and honestly I feel that your knoweldge of his character in the manga really just got in the way of you enjoying the episode.
    Wow thanks for the accusation but actually if you saw I DIDN'T start this one. Noonealive and Zonik we're arguing and then I came in.
    I just want to know what Baldy's motivation was. I know he was "scamming" them but the scam isn't making any sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    Have you played mmos? Have you seen what scammers do? They try to make you look stupid....so they could sway peoples opinons......Baldy had the same purpose....Scammers only want what the want...doesn't matter how they do it...Baldy's motivation is not even relvant to any sort of thing your trying to point out. Baldy's a scammer....Scammers motivation is to make money...plain and simple...not that hard to understand.
    No I haven't actually. But I know what a scammer does.

    A scammer tries to cheat you out of something whether it be cash, your identity, jewelry, etc.

    Making you "look stupid" is just a byproduct of being scammed.

    Baldy wants to make money. Alright we got that. But that still doesn't explain how Baldy arguing against Zepile would accomplish that goal.

    A characters actions should match up with their motivations and so far I am not seeing that from Baldy.

  25. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts