Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

I'm sorry if Gon doesn't give a shit about Baldy i shouldn't either. He's the main character.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well whatever. My point wasn't to get Baldy's background information. It was to understand at all what was his aim in this scene. Because it didn't make sense. As to why - read my previous posts.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    I'm sorry if Gon doesn't give a shit about Baldy i shouldn't either. He's the main character.
    Fair enough.

But Zonik and I do give a shit and we like to discuss it with anyone else who does.
    It's not that Zonik and I want to bother you. We just want to discuss the episode
    and whether or not you're interested in baldy the fact remains that you were
    responding to our posts and one of the few people on at the time.

So again Zonik and I just plainly wished to discuss that particular part of the episode with anyone else who was interested.

Though to be honest, I am growing tired of the topic myself since no new information is being provided.
    I haven't heard anything new brought to the table. Henceforth I propose a cease fire to this debate.
    Lest someone else has something to say that hasn't been said before. I think this is a fair point.

Besides that the new episode should give us plenty else to talk about.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to tell you guys something. Was Gon interested in Baldy's conversation or not? If he was then what does that tell you. Baldy's motive and demeanor have nothing to do with anything because Gon was interested...It's not that hard to understand. Focusing on Baldy's motive has absolutely nothing to do with the progression of Gon..Gon liked Baldy's exchange with Zepile. None of what your gonna say is gonna take that away from Gon. It's a simple fact.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    I need to tell you guys something. Was Gon interested in Baldy's conversation or not? If he was then what does that tell you. Baldy's motive and demeanor have nothing to do with anything because Gon was interested...It's not that hard to understand. Focusing on Baldy's motive has absolutely nothing to do with the progression of Gon..Gon liked Baldy's exchange with Zepile. None of what your gonna say is gonna take that away from Gon. It's a simple fact.
    It looks like you ignore everything we say.
    We are not talking about Gon. We are talking about Baldy. It does matter that he was interested and that he got the info. But not only the result matters, the presentation is also very important. For example, if Kurapika's battle with Uvo wasn't shown, would you still be happy to hear the result of Kurapika's victory? I doubt so. So the thing is the presentation in this version lacked something important. I'd say it's the most crucial thing that makes any story interesting. THE LOGIC BEHIND THE CHARACTERS' ACTIONS. I can forgive the anime almost anything, but this is what I am waiting from my favourite storyline. Baldy's arguing doesn't have logic behind it. He acts just out of nothing, with nothing to gain. I could go along with the 'he-just-loves-arguing-for-the-sake-of-arguing' theory, but why make him the shopkeeper? His words make his standing only worse, and he doesn't look to me like a stupid guy who wouldn't be aware of it. Would he still be arguing for fun in this situation? THAT'S WHERE THE PLOTHOLE LIES. I think I did make myself clear now?

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone whose pissed that Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe have "hogged too much screen time"......err let me put it this way. You could only know this if you read the manga. That being said......don't you think the arc about Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe should focus on them? The other stuff is interesting but it also draws everything out and shifts the focus, and the main point of this reboot is to actually get to the stuff that hasn't already been done. The real reason I say this is because
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by exacta; September 29, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    You know I realised something from all of this. Everyone here on this forum really loves Hunter x Hunter. I mean we must all feel really passionate about it if we are discussing the motives of a bald one-off character who appears in one scene in the entire series haha.
    It's the first time that I see a whole forum section staying alive thanks to an anime, that alone speaks for itself. This place is full of passionate and real fans, otherwise it would have long been dead.
    I'm more of a lurker around here but it's really hard to not notice that fact. Really enjoying the discussions and theories

That being said, can't wait for the new episode

13. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    For anyone whose pissed that Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe have "hogged too much screen time"......err let me put it this way. You could only know this if you read the manga. That being said......don't you think the arc about Kurapika and the Phantom Troupe should focus on them? The other stuff is interesting but it also draws everything out and shifts the focus, and the main point of this reboot is to actually get to the stuff that hasn't already been done. The real reason I say this is because
    Spoiler show
    This argument is extremely misleading. Yes the focus of the arc is on Kurapika but that's not the focus of GON'S story. Gon's story is about getting Greed Island
    (in order to find a clue to meeting his father Ging) and in order to get Greed Island Gon has to MAKE DAT MONEY. Even as Gon decides to go after the
    Troupe he's doing it to...you guessed it MAKE MONEY.
    Spoiler show

So again Kurapika is the focus but it's not the ONLY focus nor SHOULD it be. Is Hisoka not the focus of Heaven's Arena? Yes he is. Hisoka is the goal point
    of Heavens Arena. But that doesn't mean we should slosh over Gido, Sadaso and Riehvelt as if they don't matter at all. I mean think about it. Doesn't
    the characters of Gido, Sadaso and Riehvelt make Gon vs Hisoka that much more rewarding? I like to think it does.

The same applies to the Yorknew arc. Gon's quest to make money to get Greed Island is not only a valuable point for the next arc but also
    one for THIS arc as it was the quest to make money that leads Gon to the Phantom Troupe NOT Kurapika's revenge. For the most part
    Gon, Killua and Leorio have treated Kurapika's revenge as Kurapika's revenge.It's not their problem. The reason they become interested
    is because of the high bounties on the troupe.
    Spoiler show

You might think that Gon wants to go after the Troupe because they are evil and kill people.

But Gon doesn't care about that. He doesn't care Killua is an assassin and the only reason he cares about Hisoka is because Hisoka got the best of him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    そして、来週からオープニングがリニューアル!幻影旅団メンバーのシーンをさらに追加しました!お楽しみに!@hunter_anime

I don't hate Departure but this is too much.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there you go Killua dropped his dad's run in with the Troupe.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post

Nope, i refuse to believe what Google Translate told me. I can't accept it !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent episode. The Zoldyck backstory makes much more sense in this context in my opinion, the portrayal of the Troupe was excellent and Killua's scuffle with Phinx was fucking epic. Also that ending gave me chills, 'Welcome to the Phantom Troupe hideout' HUNTING FOR YOUR DREAM!!

Can not wait for next episode. I love Nobunaga he is my favourite Troupe member alongside Pakunoda.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    Nope, i refuse to believe what Google Translate told me. I can't accept it !
    In a way it makes sense to keep the opening for the rest of the arc then have a completely new one in January with Greed Island

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post

Still staying with Departure huh? Well if they didn't mention anything about the ED song changing it's possible they'll just be sticking to both till we get to Greed Island and then change them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    Well there you go Killua dropped his dad's run in with the Troupe.
    I was very happy to see that.

Also...that theme playing with the arrival of two certain persons! IT'S LIKE AN EARLY CHRISTMAS/HANUKKAH/BOXING DAY

I'm only half way...but this is looking to be a 10/10 of episode.

22. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast