Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

So, departure is staying, and they're just adding some new scenes? I got it right? o.õ
    Also, where're my lovely spoilers for the new anime ep? C'mon guys, entertain my night xD

@EDIT:
    Swordsaged by 3 wise swordmasters... :/
    An ty for the spoilers guys
    Last edited by heron bpv; September 29, 2012 at 11:08 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming Departure is getting a third version? Seriously, guys. We need some change up in here. Something... darker.

You know what, though. As long as they revamp the majority of the opening sequence, I will be more okay with this.

Curious to see what the new ending will be like.

As for the episode. Not bad. Better than last episode for sure. I didn't feel it was rushed too much, and everything went pretty much as I expected it too. I thought they were going to end it as soon as Gon and Killua ran into Phinks and Paku, but this is okay too.

I did especially like the capture scene, complete with Gon and Killua's expressions. And I missed Killua being a badass, even if they still got captured.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great! episode. I was very disappointed with how the last episode was handled, but this week no complaints. Killua told Leorio, and Gon about his dads encounter with the troupe. The Zoldycks appearance in this episode was awesome! This scene would have been my favorite part of the episode.... but Nobunaga spotting Gon, and Killua was seriously intense! so that's my favorite part

Quote Originally Posted by Salce View Post

I don't hate Departure but this is too much.
    Omg... please.... don't let it be true. I've had enough! of that damn! song...
    Last edited by Netero; September 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing episode!!!! The scene with killua trying to escape from phinks and phinks just following all of killua's movement without any effort was amazingly done!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diivil View Post
    Amazing episode!!!! The scene with killua trying to escape from phinks and phinks just following all of killua's movement without any effort was amazingly done!
    Agreed. Now I can't wait to see Gon arm wrestling Nobunaga in the next episode

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes... that was an fantastic episode. No major complaints here unlike last episode.

Spoiler show

Also lol @ Departure V3, I can't believe that this is happening.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

finished the episode no complaints from me.

Spoiler show

10 out of 10.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was AWESOME !! So much suspense, the scene where Gon and Killua get startled then it shows all the Phantom Troupe members and the ending drops

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Heinken must love the Troupe.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

This isn't so much a complaint from me (the episode was flawless) but a very minor nitpick.

In the anime after Machi flips the coin we get the filler of Chrollo searching for Neon and then changing his outfit.
    I don't have a problem with this but it does slightly change things because in the manga we immediately see
    Kurapika after Machi flips the coin. I thought it was a really great transition in the manga.
    Also Chrollo's outfit change was in the manga somewhat of a surprise. But this gives us fair warning.
    However it's not really of great importance that Chrollo's outfit change surprises us and I'm glad Madhouse
    kept it suspenseful enough to not show Chrollo's head...which really wouldn't matter either but it was a nice touch anyways.

Again not complaining just noting.

Also the drive to the hide out was shown in chronological order unlike the manga.
    I think this makes it a bit more suspenseful for the anime. Plus it worked out better
    for the anime that way since not switching scenes would either end in an weird
    place or force some kind of filler.

These are the type of changes that I can accept and be happy with. It's not exactly like the manga but it shows great respect for it.
    I have complained about previous episodes and this arc in general and I stick by with what I said. But as I expected it to this episode
    has met my expectations and I expect this will continue. As I said before while the hunt for Greed Island has left me rather disappointed
    as far as the Phantom Troupe story goes I can't really ask for more.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was great.You could really feel that Yorkshin was a live running city. The OST was great i don't know why people complain about it. Im sure if the 1999 anime OST never existed there would be no such complaints. The set up and the intensity was surrounding the episode perfectly.
    Last edited by Uriel; September 30, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So here is my FINAL response to that whole issue about Baldy.

Last edited by Uriel; September 30, 2012 at 09:55 AM.

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Really liked this episode. The faces Gon and Leorio made when Killua said to act normal were EXACTLY like in the manga that it just made me lmao. I would post pics to compare the two but I better leave it to the pros for that (Mr. Shinobi).

Only improvement I can think of was when the trio sensed the immediate tension after the can was crushed, music should've been abruptly omitted. I think it would've intensified the mood two-fold but that's just me.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched 49.

MH did a good job. No, a great job. I've decided to stop scoring episodes though since people tend to take that the wrong way. >_> But this is an example of HXH done well. My only nitpicks were (again) some of the OST selection, and the little 'wfff' sound effect made when Killua started running away from Phinks. For some reason it stood out rather loudly, but it's probably just me. I'm finally getting used to Nobunaga and Phinks's voices and I have to say I like them although I didn't when the Ryodan first appeared.

1999 was still just a smidgen better for the discovery scene, but in the case of that adaptation, the ost actually hit a strong stride. I was happy to hear meimou playing on this version though since it's one of my favorite songs, and MH managed to abbreviate it well here. The zoom into Gon and Killua's eyes right when they were discovered actually added a bit more suspense, which was awesome and choosing silence was a pretty good choice for Killua and Phinks's scene. Though in this one case I thought 1999's music was a slightly better choice. I'm glad MH went with understated for it though, since normally they're loud and showy.

Chrollo getting dressed for success was a nice addition, and Killua's folks showing up was awesome too. Once again though, I felt like 1999's was just a small fraction better. Though I'm not gonna lie I got chills from the OST choice and the pimp wal--er slow mo walking that this version went with. I also liked that in 1999 you could see how tired Kurapika was after his fight with Uvogin. This version skimped over that, but it's just a minor thing....I wish they had included it though. Though to be fair, I could do without the praying and everything in the 1999 version so I guess it balances out.

I'm looking forward to next week though, as the arm wrestling scene was always one of my favorites. It doesn't appear we'll get a new ending quite yet which is sort of disappointing, but maybe they're going to wait for Greed Island for that. Departure 3.0 is a little annoying too, but I don't watch the OP anymore anyway, and everyone in this forum knows I love Taiyou wa Yoru mo Kagayaku.

Overall this was a great episode. I really hope MH can keep up this tempo to the end of Yorkshin.

One thing overall is Machi's new character design is much more appealing IMO. Especially with her hair down. Scrumptious.
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; September 30, 2012 at 01:00 AM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    If HxH never existed........
    the thought shivers me timbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    2011. Why? Silva rape-face + epic slow motion walk, and dat Zoldyck theme
    I can't disagree with you there.

I just love the SUPER BRIGHT LIGHT in the background that gave them the awesome shadowyness.
    It felt a lot like something you might see before an epic wrestling match---except even more epic than that.

I can only logically conclude that the Zoldycks are so stone cold that they take vacations on the surface of the sun and that was what the bright light was.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Just watched 49.

MH did a good job. No, a great job. I've decided to stop scoring episodes though since people tend to take that the wrong way. >_> But this is an example of HXH done well. My only nitpicks were (again) some of the OST selection, and the little 'wfff' sound effect made when Killua started running away from Phinks. For some reason it stood out rather loudly, but it's probably just me. I'm finally getting used to Nobunaga and Phinks's voices and I have to say I like them although I didn't when the Ryodan first appeared.

1999 was still just a smidgen better for the discovery scene, but in the case of that adaptation, the ost actually hit a strong stride. I was happy to hear meimou playing on this version though since it's one of my favorite songs, and MH managed to abbreviate it well here. The zoom into Gon and Killua's eyes right when they were discovered actually added a bit more suspense, which was awesome and choosing silence was a pretty good choice for Killua and Phinks's scene. Though in this one case I thought 1999's music was a slightly better choice. I'm glad MH went with understated for it though, since normally they're loud and showy.

Chrollo getting dressed for success was a nice addition, and Killua's folks showing up was awesome too. Once again though, I felt like 1999's was just a small fraction better. Though I'm not gonna lie I got chills from the OST choice and the pimp wal--er slow mo walking that this version went with. I also liked that in 1999 you could see how tired Kurapika was after his fight with Uvogin. This version skimped over that, but it's just a minor thing....I wish they had included it though. Though to be fair, I could do without the praying and everything in the 1999 version so I guess it balances out.

I'm looking forward to next week though, as the arm wrestling scene was always one of my favorites. It doesn't appear we'll get a new ending quite yet which is sort of disappointing, but maybe they're going to wait for Greed Island for that. Departure 3.0 is a little annoying too, but I don't watch the OP anymore anyway, and everyone in this forum knows I love Taiyou wa Yoru mo Kagayaku.

Overall this was a great episode. I really hope MH can keep up this tempo to the end of Yorkshin.

One thing overall is Machi's new character design is much more appealing IMO. Especially with her hair down. Scrumptious.
    Much respect to your choice as I think both versions did DAT SCENE very well.

But that walk was complete pimp.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

just saw episode 49 and this was another one of those episodes that incited an acctual reaction from me, when Gon and Killua got spotted I was yelling "OH FUCK! GET OUT OF THERE! GET OUT OF- SHIT!!" Seriously I knew they were going to get caught, so why do I act like this? I loved the begining where Leorio got to look badass for a few seconds watching the couple from the building (you say he usless forneverworld? BAH!) and I loved the joke of Gon and Leorio "trying to act normal".

The tension was great during the stalk and the rather dreary look of york new really helps, in fact when I heard broad daylight I wanted to question the person's vision as it looked like it could rain any minute. I'd very enthustiasicly give this a 10/10, and I try not to toss those around as thats suppose to insight something is perfect, but to me, this episode was!! the only flaw was that I wanted to see more!! XD Now I need to find some pics, MOTS need to be a makin!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

19. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast